Menu

North East Buses The Canteen General off-topic chat Politics (and other political stuff)

Politics (and other political stuff)

Politics (and other political stuff)

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (67) Previous 164 65 66 67 Next
05 Jul 2022, 8:31 pm #1,281
My grandparents have a dog named Boris - and even he would be a better PM than BoJo.

[Image: imageHandler.php?user=wibblejunior]
wibblejunior
05 Jul 2022, 8:31 pm #1,281

My grandparents have a dog named Boris - and even he would be a better PM than BoJo.

05 Jul 2022, 8:59 pm #1,282
Whoops, I forgot it's a bad idea to share my dirty Tory views around here

In all seriousness though, given that this cost of living crisis is being heavily fueled by the 'special military operation' in Ukraine, and the sanctions imposed on Russia causing fuel, gas, and electricity prices to shoot up, and therefore increasing the cost of a lot of things, I don't think it's fair to blame that entirety on the Government.

As for the lockdowns, I think it's very difficult to find a balance between being too restrictive, and too open. In hindsight, maybe locking down earlier could have made a difference, maybe it wouldn't have. It's not really my field of expertise, but looking at the difference in restrictions between England, Scotland and Wales and the number of cases, they didn't seem to do a whole lot once cases were already high.

Anyway, I really don't fancy having a political debate (aka slinging match). Everybody is entitled to their own opinions, and believe it or not I do actually find it really interesting listening to other people's views. Despite me being a filthy Tory voter, my best friend is a Labour voter. And just because I voted Conservative, doesn't mean I agree with everything they say. Likewise, I there are some things that Labour say that I agree with.

Sent from my AC2003 using Tapatalk
streetdeckfan
05 Jul 2022, 8:59 pm #1,282

Whoops, I forgot it's a bad idea to share my dirty Tory views around here

In all seriousness though, given that this cost of living crisis is being heavily fueled by the 'special military operation' in Ukraine, and the sanctions imposed on Russia causing fuel, gas, and electricity prices to shoot up, and therefore increasing the cost of a lot of things, I don't think it's fair to blame that entirety on the Government.

As for the lockdowns, I think it's very difficult to find a balance between being too restrictive, and too open. In hindsight, maybe locking down earlier could have made a difference, maybe it wouldn't have. It's not really my field of expertise, but looking at the difference in restrictions between England, Scotland and Wales and the number of cases, they didn't seem to do a whole lot once cases were already high.

Anyway, I really don't fancy having a political debate (aka slinging match). Everybody is entitled to their own opinions, and believe it or not I do actually find it really interesting listening to other people's views. Despite me being a filthy Tory voter, my best friend is a Labour voter. And just because I voted Conservative, doesn't mean I agree with everything they say. Likewise, I there are some things that Labour say that I agree with.

Sent from my AC2003 using Tapatalk

07 Jul 2022, 8:41 am #1,283
Nice to see that BoJo is finally resigning.

wibblejunior
07 Jul 2022, 8:41 am #1,283

Nice to see that BoJo is finally resigning.

07 Jul 2022, 8:43 am #1,284
Resigning with 90 days notice?
54APhotography
07 Jul 2022, 8:43 am #1,284

Resigning with 90 days notice?

cbma06

07 Jul 2022, 9:00 am #1,285
if it’s like other resigning pm’s, boris will still be the pm until another pm is elected, and it looks like conservatives won’t elect a new pm until at least Autumn

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cbma06
07 Jul 2022, 9:00 am #1,285

if it’s like other resigning pm’s, boris will still be the pm until another pm is elected, and it looks like conservatives won’t elect a new pm until at least Autumn

07 Jul 2022, 12:06 pm #1,286
(07 Jul 2022, 9:00 am)cbma06 if it’s like other resigning pm’s, boris will still be the pm until another pm is elected, and it looks like conservatives won’t elect a new pm until at least Autumn

For the benefit of those who haven't yet read into it, this is what's happening as per his resignation speech at lunchtime.
omnicity4659
07 Jul 2022, 12:06 pm #1,286

(07 Jul 2022, 9:00 am)cbma06 if it’s like other resigning pm’s, boris will still be the pm until another pm is elected, and it looks like conservatives won’t elect a new pm until at least Autumn

For the benefit of those who haven't yet read into it, this is what's happening as per his resignation speech at lunchtime.

15 Oct 2022, 2:16 pm #1,287
Can we please have Boris back!
streetdeckfan
15 Oct 2022, 2:16 pm #1,287

Can we please have Boris back!

cbma06

15 Oct 2022, 2:34 pm #1,288
(15 Oct 2022, 2:16 pm)streetdeckfan Can we please have Boris back!

Hope not , even though this one is pathetic, 3 female prime ministers and there all screwing the country up, first one stripped this country bare and sold what’s left of this great nation to join the EU, second one kept putting in the same agenda over and over and just kept changing the title of the agenda, third one still in at present but looks like she’s got the shakes or some kind of disorder, even the male PM’s are not that much good either, for Boris to get the agreement done with the EU on the last minute decided to bend over and asked the EU how far do you want to go to get the agreement sorted out.

cbma06
15 Oct 2022, 2:34 pm #1,288

Hope not , even though this one is pathetic, 3 female prime ministers and there all screwing the country up, first one stripped this country bare and sold what’s left of this great nation to join the EU, second one kept putting in the same agenda over and over and just kept changing the title of the agenda, third one still in at present but looks like she’s got the shakes or some kind of disorder, even the male PM’s are not that much good either, for Boris to get the agreement done with the EU on the last minute decided to bend over and asked the EU how far do you want to go to get the agreement sorted out.

Starscream

Banned

15 Oct 2022, 2:38 pm #1,289
Nor for the first time, Tory MPs massively underestimated the popularity and indeed competence of their leader, setting in motion their own long drawn out collapse into opposition.

Thankfully this time there is no Tony Blair waiting in the wings, and Red-Lite Labour genuinely seem to think the voters buy into the whole Robin Hood mythology. They really don't. At least not enough to conclusively win an election.

Either Johnson returns triumphantly to yet again put a cap on a period of political paralysis, laughing at everyone who seemed to think having a glass of wine at a leaving do was the worst thing a PM had ever done (it says a lot about Red Lite Labour that they didn't have the core patriotism required to lead with the whole HE LIED TO THE QUEEN attack vector), or a hithertoo ubheard of Tory backbencher siezes their chance to be the new Thatcher (who was herself relatively unknown until her own leadership election).

Labour are screwed. But I think we all know they secretly like being the permanent opposition and are shit scared of having any real power, knowing as they do that they're even worse than the Tories when it comes to presenting a unified front.
Starscream
15 Oct 2022, 2:38 pm #1,289

Nor for the first time, Tory MPs massively underestimated the popularity and indeed competence of their leader, setting in motion their own long drawn out collapse into opposition.

Thankfully this time there is no Tony Blair waiting in the wings, and Red-Lite Labour genuinely seem to think the voters buy into the whole Robin Hood mythology. They really don't. At least not enough to conclusively win an election.

Either Johnson returns triumphantly to yet again put a cap on a period of political paralysis, laughing at everyone who seemed to think having a glass of wine at a leaving do was the worst thing a PM had ever done (it says a lot about Red Lite Labour that they didn't have the core patriotism required to lead with the whole HE LIED TO THE QUEEN attack vector), or a hithertoo ubheard of Tory backbencher siezes their chance to be the new Thatcher (who was herself relatively unknown until her own leadership election).

Labour are screwed. But I think we all know they secretly like being the permanent opposition and are shit scared of having any real power, knowing as they do that they're even worse than the Tories when it comes to presenting a unified front.

Unber43

15 Oct 2022, 3:13 pm #1,290
Well apparently, Backbenches are trying to get Truss out next week, then get Braverman or Hunt to become PM (what could go wrong), Penny replacing either one, or get Penny to become PM. 

They want to get as far away from the General Election. 

Nadine Dorries doesn't think that is possibly (via leaked Whatsapp messages)

We are in deep trouble when Nadine is saying the most sensible things, with the latest poll totally wiping out the tories, they would keep 3 seats.

(15 Oct 2022, 2:38 pm)Starscream Labour are screwed. But I think we all know they secretly like being the permanent opposition and are shit scared of having any real power, knowing as they do that they're even worse than the Tories when it comes to presenting a unified front.
Labour are definitely more unified under Starmer, comparing to the Tories, have you seen whats going on between Braverman & Truss!!
Edited 15 Oct 2022, 3:14 pm by Unber43.
Unber43
15 Oct 2022, 3:13 pm #1,290

Well apparently, Backbenches are trying to get Truss out next week, then get Braverman or Hunt to become PM (what could go wrong), Penny replacing either one, or get Penny to become PM. 

We are in deep trouble when Nadine is saying the most sensible things, with the latest poll totally wiping out the tories, they would keep 3 seats.

(15 Oct 2022, 2:38 pm)Starscream Labour are screwed. But I think we all know they secretly like being the permanent opposition and are shit scared of having any real power, knowing as they do that they're even worse than the Tories when it comes to presenting a unified front.
Labour are definitely more unified under Starmer, comparing to the Tories, have you seen whats going on between Braverman & Truss!!

15 Oct 2022, 3:30 pm #1,291
(15 Oct 2022, 3:13 pm)Unber43 Well apparently, Backbenches are trying to get Truss out next week, then get Braverman or Hunt to become PM (what could go wrong), Penny replacing either one, or get Penny to become PM. 

Penny I didn't mind, but if Braverman or Hunt become PM, then I might have to turn to the dark side next election in protest!

Under Starmer, Labour are infinitely more electable than they were under Corbyn, but I think if the Conservatives manage to sort themselves out they will continue to win elections.
streetdeckfan
15 Oct 2022, 3:30 pm #1,291

(15 Oct 2022, 3:13 pm)Unber43 Well apparently, Backbenches are trying to get Truss out next week, then get Braverman or Hunt to become PM (what could go wrong), Penny replacing either one, or get Penny to become PM. 

Penny I didn't mind, but if Braverman or Hunt become PM, then I might have to turn to the dark side next election in protest!

Under Starmer, Labour are infinitely more electable than they were under Corbyn, but I think if the Conservatives manage to sort themselves out they will continue to win elections.

Starscream

Banned

15 Oct 2022, 3:41 pm #1,292
Polls are meaningless, it has been proven.

Starmer still can't stop McDonnell piping up to inadvertently remind everyone how close we came to crashing the pound for different reasons.

Starmer has massive credibility problems, not just over his attitude to unions and his policy vacuum. He's calling yet again for the PM to resign, as if nobody remembers a PM resigning is exactly how we got into this current mess. And quite a few others in recent memory.

Tony Blair (at the behest of Mandleson) would have been saying only one thing for the last six months. Call an election.

You either exude the confidence of a strategy and unity of purpose, or you don't. Starmer really doesn't.

Even now, with an open goal, he can barely land a punch before he's having to answer awkward questions about his own party.

I bet he secretly dreads being handed the shit sandwich that would be going into December needing to form a minority government or a coalition.

Hence his probably quite unconscious exuding of the air of a man who doesn't want an election to be called tomorrow. Even when he's poked and prodded to say directly to the audience, his wish is for an election tomorrow.
Starscream
15 Oct 2022, 3:41 pm #1,292

Polls are meaningless, it has been proven.

Starmer still can't stop McDonnell piping up to inadvertently remind everyone how close we came to crashing the pound for different reasons.

Starmer has massive credibility problems, not just over his attitude to unions and his policy vacuum. He's calling yet again for the PM to resign, as if nobody remembers a PM resigning is exactly how we got into this current mess. And quite a few others in recent memory.

Tony Blair (at the behest of Mandleson) would have been saying only one thing for the last six months. Call an election.

You either exude the confidence of a strategy and unity of purpose, or you don't. Starmer really doesn't.

Even now, with an open goal, he can barely land a punch before he's having to answer awkward questions about his own party.

I bet he secretly dreads being handed the shit sandwich that would be going into December needing to form a minority government or a coalition.

Hence his probably quite unconscious exuding of the air of a man who doesn't want an election to be called tomorrow. Even when he's poked and prodded to say directly to the audience, his wish is for an election tomorrow.

Unber43

15 Oct 2022, 4:09 pm #1,293
(15 Oct 2022, 3:30 pm)streetdeckfan Penny I didn't mind, but if Braverman or Hunt become PM, then I might have to turn to the dark side next election in protest!

I don't think the conservatives can sort themselves out before the next election whenever that is, as something tells me it will be before 2025. 

There is no doubt Conservatives will come to power again, but whether they'll say in power this time. Everything the Tories have said its all been lies. 

14 U-turns in 6 months....

Not to mention Therese Coffee who wants you to be able to buy antibiotics without seeing a GP, that sounds good untill you release the increase in Antibiotics resistance which isn't being talked about anywhere near enough about people not finishing their courses.

Therese Coffee is the Health Secretary
Edited 15 Oct 2022, 4:14 pm by Unber43.
Unber43
15 Oct 2022, 4:09 pm #1,293

(15 Oct 2022, 3:30 pm)streetdeckfan Penny I didn't mind, but if Braverman or Hunt become PM, then I might have to turn to the dark side next election in protest!

I don't think the conservatives can sort themselves out before the next election whenever that is, as something tells me it will be before 2025. 

There is no doubt Conservatives will come to power again, but whether they'll say in power this time. Everything the Tories have said its all been lies. 

Not to mention Therese Coffee who wants you to be able to buy antibiotics without seeing a GP, that sounds good untill you release the increase in Antibiotics resistance which isn't being talked about anywhere near enough about people not finishing their courses.

Rob44

15 Oct 2022, 4:35 pm #1,294
(15 Oct 2022, 4:09 pm)Unber43 I don't think the conservatives can sort themselves out before the next election whenever that is, as something tells me it will be before 2025. 

she might also have something to do with tobbaco companies...
Rob44
15 Oct 2022, 4:35 pm #1,294

(15 Oct 2022, 4:09 pm)Unber43 I don't think the conservatives can sort themselves out before the next election whenever that is, as something tells me it will be before 2025. 

she might also have something to do with tobbaco companies...

15 Oct 2022, 10:47 pm #1,295
Only scabs vote for or support Tories in the North East.. 
Scabs.
54APhotography
15 Oct 2022, 10:47 pm #1,295

Only scabs vote for or support Tories in the North East.. 
Scabs.

18 Oct 2022, 6:44 pm #1,296

Here you go.

.jpg
IMG_20180826_154819044.jpg
Size 995.16 KB / Downloads 6

wibblejunior
18 Oct 2022, 6:44 pm #1,296

Here you go.

.jpg
IMG_20180826_154819044.jpg
Size 995.16 KB / Downloads 6

Unber43

19 Oct 2022, 7:31 pm #1,297
Its been an exciting night!
Unber43
19 Oct 2022, 7:31 pm #1,297

Its been an exciting night!

Unber43

19 Oct 2022, 7:44 pm #1,298
Last 12 hours. 

- Therese Coffee apparently man-handled someone
- MP in Tears
- Telling Jacob-Reece Mogg told Fuck Off
- Liz Truss not voting
- Deputy & Chef Whip Resigning
- Suella Braverman Resinging
- 1922 Committee chair Sir Graham Brady waitting for 50% majority of no confidence
- Therese Coffee illegally selling Antibiotics
- Suella Braverman has joined the guardian reading, tofu eating, anti-growth volition
Tories have been handling an internal security scandal for the last two days. As well as complaints about briefings against their own ministers.
- Grant Shapps is Home Secretary

I have loving this like
Unber43
19 Oct 2022, 7:44 pm #1,298

Last 12 hours. 

- Therese Coffee apparently man-handled someone
- MP in Tears
- Telling Jacob-Reece Mogg told Fuck Off
- Liz Truss not voting
- Deputy & Chef Whip Resigning
- Suella Braverman Resinging
- 1922 Committee chair Sir Graham Brady waitting for 50% majority of no confidence
- Therese Coffee illegally selling Antibiotics
- Suella Braverman has joined the guardian reading, tofu eating, anti-growth volition
Tories have been handling an internal security scandal for the last two days. As well as complaints about briefings against their own ministers.
- Grant Shapps is Home Secretary

I have loving this like

19 Oct 2022, 7:51 pm #1,299
We may as well get Larry the cat to run in the next election. I'm sure he's much more intelligent than Liz.

wibblejunior
19 Oct 2022, 7:51 pm #1,299

We may as well get Larry the cat to run in the next election. I'm sure he's much more intelligent than Liz.

BusLoverMum

19 Oct 2022, 7:51 pm #1,300
I’ll be watching the extended version of HIGNFY, this week.
BusLoverMum
19 Oct 2022, 7:51 pm #1,300

I’ll be watching the extended version of HIGNFY, this week.

Pages (67) Previous 164 65 66 67 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average