Menu

North East Buses Other Forms of Transport Railways CrossCountry

CrossCountry

CrossCountry

• 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average

Pages (4): Previous 1 2 3 4
pbjd

04 May 2020, 1:52 pm #61
(04 May 2020, 1:49 pm)Michael The Crosscountry contract is due to run out on the 18th October 2020, any news on an extension or a take over of the franchise?

I'd imagine with the current goings on the franchise may be extended once again.
pbjd
04 May 2020, 1:52 pm #61

(04 May 2020, 1:49 pm)Michael The Crosscountry contract is due to run out on the 18th October 2020, any news on an extension or a take over of the franchise?

I'd imagine with the current goings on the franchise may be extended once again.

Michael

04 May 2020, 1:58 pm #62
That's true, was just wondering incase it was released before the Coronavirus crisis.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
04 May 2020, 1:58 pm #62

That's true, was just wondering incase it was released before the Coronavirus crisis.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Andreos1

04 May 2020, 2:18 pm #63
(04 May 2020, 1:58 pm)Michael That's true, was just wondering incase it was released before the Coronavirus crisis.

I imagine any work which has gone on behind the scenes to prepare bids, will be totally irrelevant now. 
Bids will have been submitted, based on growth, loadings and data which could be way off due to the whole Covid19 thing. 

Saying that, I imagine that would be the case for most tenders won over the last 18 months or so. Regardless of the sector.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
04 May 2020, 2:18 pm #63

(04 May 2020, 1:58 pm)Michael That's true, was just wondering incase it was released before the Coronavirus crisis.

I imagine any work which has gone on behind the scenes to prepare bids, will be totally irrelevant now. 
Bids will have been submitted, based on growth, loadings and data which could be way off due to the whole Covid19 thing. 

Saying that, I imagine that would be the case for most tenders won over the last 18 months or so. Regardless of the sector.

Michael

04 May 2020, 2:22 pm #64
(04 May 2020, 2:18 pm)Andreos1 I imagine any work which has gone on behind the scenes to prepare bids, will be totally irrelevant now. 

Ye, seems a waste now.

It might take them up to a year or more to get back to normal, so ye, i think all the operators will get an automatic extension of their franchises.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
04 May 2020, 2:22 pm #64

(04 May 2020, 2:18 pm)Andreos1 I imagine any work which has gone on behind the scenes to prepare bids, will be totally irrelevant now. 

Ye, seems a waste now.

It might take them up to a year or more to get back to normal, so ye, i think all the operators will get an automatic extension of their franchises.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Andreos1

04 May 2020, 2:29 pm #65
(04 May 2020, 2:22 pm)Michael Ye, seems a waste now.

The pessimist/realist in me, sees more than one company failing or handing back the keys early. Regardless of automatic extensions.
For some, the numbers just won't add up, if we see more home working or other changes in social and business habits.

Andreos1
04 May 2020, 2:29 pm #65

(04 May 2020, 2:22 pm)Michael Ye, seems a waste now.

The pessimist/realist in me, sees more than one company failing or handing back the keys early. Regardless of automatic extensions.
For some, the numbers just won't add up, if we see more home working or other changes in social and business habits.

tyresmoke

04 May 2020, 2:36 pm #66
(04 May 2020, 2:29 pm)Andreos1 The pessimist/realist in me, sees more than one company failing or handing back the keys early. Regardless of automatic extensions.
They're all being ran as management contracts for the moment anyway where the Government takes all the revenue risk, due to current Covid situation.

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

tyresmoke
04 May 2020, 2:36 pm #66

(04 May 2020, 2:29 pm)Andreos1 The pessimist/realist in me, sees more than one company failing or handing back the keys early. Regardless of automatic extensions.
They're all being ran as management contracts for the moment anyway where the Government takes all the revenue risk, due to current Covid situation.

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

Andreos1

04 May 2020, 2:58 pm #67
(04 May 2020, 2:36 pm)tyresmoke They're all being ran as management contracts for the moment anyway where the Government takes all the revenue risk, due to current Covid situation.

But going forward they won't be. Once that liability is switched, I can see the problems coming to the fore.

Andreos1
04 May 2020, 2:58 pm #67

(04 May 2020, 2:36 pm)tyresmoke They're all being ran as management contracts for the moment anyway where the Government takes all the revenue risk, due to current Covid situation.

But going forward they won't be. Once that liability is switched, I can see the problems coming to the fore.

citaro5284

16 Oct 2020, 6:30 am #68
Arriva Group welcomes new contract for CrossCountry Trains

https://news.arriva.co.uk/news/arriva-gr..._B1Kei1BC0
citaro5284
16 Oct 2020, 6:30 am #68

Arriva Group welcomes new contract for CrossCountry Trains

https://news.arriva.co.uk/news/arriva-gr..._B1Kei1BC0

Andreos1

26 Mar 2024, 8:44 am #69
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-br...type=owned&at_campaign=Social_Flow&at_bbc_team=editorial&at_link_id=B39BFDC8-EB45-11EE-B2B2-4D2D8161DE7E&at_link_type=web_link&at_ptr_name=facebook_page&at_link_origin=BBC_Radio_Newcastle&at_medium=social&at_format=link&fbclid=IwAR3g9b9ETcprEcDs3ciCK6QiZfNwUV0J54Nn3QrTapnKAXQqqVkkW9laStw

Additional stock for CrossCountry.

Andreos1
26 Mar 2024, 8:44 am #69

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-br...type=owned&at_campaign=Social_Flow&at_bbc_team=editorial&at_link_id=B39BFDC8-EB45-11EE-B2B2-4D2D8161DE7E&at_link_type=web_link&at_ptr_name=facebook_page&at_link_origin=BBC_Radio_Newcastle&at_medium=social&at_format=link&fbclid=IwAR3g9b9ETcprEcDs3ciCK6QiZfNwUV0J54Nn3QrTapnKAXQqqVkkW9laStw

26 Mar 2024, 2:49 pm #70
Andreos1 https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-br...type=owned&at_campaign=Social_Flow&at_bbc_team=editorial&at_link_id=B39BFDC8-EB45-11EE-B2B2-4D2D8161DE7E&at_link_type=web_link&at_ptr_name=facebook_page&at_link_origin=BBC_Radio_Newcastle&at_medium=social&at_format=link&fbclid=IwAR3g9b9ETcprEcDs3ciCK6QiZfNwUV0J54Nn3QrTapnKAXQqqVkkW9laStw

I think people were hoping all the Avanti 221's would transfer to finally fix the mistakes of Operation Princess after 20 odd years. I wil say Its a decent upgrade though.

Twitter: @ASX_Terranova
Blog: https://asxterranova.home.blog/
ASX_Terranova
26 Mar 2024, 2:49 pm #70

Andreos1 https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-br...type=owned&at_campaign=Social_Flow&at_bbc_team=editorial&at_link_id=B39BFDC8-EB45-11EE-B2B2-4D2D8161DE7E&at_link_type=web_link&at_ptr_name=facebook_page&at_link_origin=BBC_Radio_Newcastle&at_medium=social&at_format=link&fbclid=IwAR3g9b9ETcprEcDs3ciCK6QiZfNwUV0J54Nn3QrTapnKAXQqqVkkW9laStw

I think people were hoping all the Avanti 221's would transfer to finally fix the mistakes of Operation Princess after 20 odd years. I wil say Its a decent upgrade though.

Unber43

26 Mar 2024, 9:00 pm #71
They are getting 12 all together now
Unber43
26 Mar 2024, 9:00 pm #71

They are getting 12 all together now

27 Mar 2024, 7:52 pm #72
(26 Mar 2024, 9:00 pm)Unber43 They are getting 12 all together now
How many would they need to have every route as a double set. Also why are their fares so high?

ASX_Terranova
27 Mar 2024, 7:52 pm #72

(26 Mar 2024, 9:00 pm)Unber43 They are getting 12 all together now
How many would they need to have every route as a double set. Also why are their fares so high?

Unber43

27 Mar 2024, 10:33 pm #73
(27 Mar 2024, 7:52 pm)ASX_Terranova How many would they need to have every route as a double set. Also why are their fares so high?

I don't know ive heard there are 34 different diagrams needed every day so 68, theyve got 54 so theyll have 62 i think. 

But they want to expand Newcastle-Reading increased to hourly, and there are some frequency reductions around yorkshire and manchester which are massively struggling so they might have a frequency increase too.

But it depends if the DFT will give them anymore as there could be several options 

Avanti 221 get either lengthened and keep the buffet car or keep the same and remove the buffet car, but what you could do is extend the Avanti to 6/7 car and shorten some of the 4 cars to 3 for emptier services or to put 3 trains together say 5/5/3 to create a 13 car train as some XC even dualled up are at capacity. Same with the Merdian if they could get the 7 car trains which theyve got then attacch a 4 to them for the busiest services, meanwhile some 5 cars can go onto the Liverpool-Norwich Line leaving the remaning to go over to XC to boost capacity and add new routes. 

The fares are ridiculous to go from Newcastle to Reading its cheaper to go via Kings Cross and Paddington. But before COVID they used to return to the govement but now it's got one of the highest subsideys
Unber43
27 Mar 2024, 10:33 pm #73

(27 Mar 2024, 7:52 pm)ASX_Terranova How many would they need to have every route as a double set. Also why are their fares so high?

I don't know ive heard there are 34 different diagrams needed every day so 68, theyve got 54 so theyll have 62 i think. 

But they want to expand Newcastle-Reading increased to hourly, and there are some frequency reductions around yorkshire and manchester which are massively struggling so they might have a frequency increase too.

But it depends if the DFT will give them anymore as there could be several options 

Avanti 221 get either lengthened and keep the buffet car or keep the same and remove the buffet car, but what you could do is extend the Avanti to 6/7 car and shorten some of the 4 cars to 3 for emptier services or to put 3 trains together say 5/5/3 to create a 13 car train as some XC even dualled up are at capacity. Same with the Merdian if they could get the 7 car trains which theyve got then attacch a 4 to them for the busiest services, meanwhile some 5 cars can go onto the Liverpool-Norwich Line leaving the remaning to go over to XC to boost capacity and add new routes. 

The fares are ridiculous to go from Newcastle to Reading its cheaper to go via Kings Cross and Paddington. But before COVID they used to return to the govement but now it's got one of the highest subsideys

Yesterday, 1:21 pm #74
Are they reinstating the hourly Newcastle-Reading? Sure it was this before Covid, along with an hourly Edinburgh/Scotland-South West service. Would be nice to see 2 XC trains per hour again to Newcastle.
Yesterday, 1:21 pm #74

Are they reinstating the hourly Newcastle-Reading? Sure it was this before Covid, along with an hourly Edinburgh/Scotland-South West service. Would be nice to see 2 XC trains per hour again to Newcastle.

Mark1

Yesterday, 2:40 pm #75
(Yesterday, 1:21 pm)8222 Are they reinstating the hourly Newcastle-Reading? Sure it was this before Covid, along with an hourly Edinburgh/Scotland-South West service. Would be nice to see 2 XC trains per hour again to Newcastle.

I think the Reading service is only going to be every 2 hours from Newcastle from next year with alternate journeys only running Reading to York.
Mark1
Yesterday, 2:40 pm #75

(Yesterday, 1:21 pm)8222 Are they reinstating the hourly Newcastle-Reading? Sure it was this before Covid, along with an hourly Edinburgh/Scotland-South West service. Would be nice to see 2 XC trains per hour again to Newcastle.

I think the Reading service is only going to be every 2 hours from Newcastle from next year with alternate journeys only running Reading to York.

Pages (4): Previous 1 2 3 4

• 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average