Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Operations, Management & Infrastructure Nexus

Nexus

Nexus

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Pages (7): Previous 1 2 37 Next
Andreos1

15 Jan 2016, 1:06 pm #21
Nexus are holding a 'How do we make public transport accessible for all' event within the next North Tyneside Transport Form.

This will be on Sat 23rd January, between 1030 and 1230 at the White Swan Centre in Killingworth

Bus operators will be there, alongside representatives from Metro.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
15 Jan 2016, 1:06 pm #21

Nexus are holding a 'How do we make public transport accessible for all' event within the next North Tyneside Transport Form.

This will be on Sat 23rd January, between 1030 and 1230 at the White Swan Centre in Killingworth

Adrian

15 Jan 2016, 2:29 pm #22
(15 Jan 2016, 1:06 pm)Andreos1 Nexus are holding a 'How do we make public transport accessible for all' event within the next North Tyneside Transport Form.

I might have to attend Wink

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
15 Jan 2016, 2:29 pm #22

(15 Jan 2016, 1:06 pm)Andreos1 Nexus are holding a 'How do we make public transport accessible for all' event within the next North Tyneside Transport Form.

I might have to attend Wink

DanPicken

Banned

15 Jan 2016, 4:16 pm #23
(15 Jan 2016, 2:29 pm)Adrian I might have to attend Wink

So might I.
DanPicken
15 Jan 2016, 4:16 pm #23

So might I.

Davie

Banned

15 Jan 2016, 4:30 pm #24

Sounds interesting.... I may have to pay a visit.
Davie
15 Jan 2016, 4:30 pm #24

Sounds interesting.... I may have to pay a visit.

Diamond One

Banned

15 Jan 2016, 4:40 pm #25
(15 Jan 2016, 4:30 pm)Davie Sounds interesting....  I may have to pay a visit.

i can't make it as am at a football match Sunderland AFC Vs AFC Bournemouth
Diamond One
15 Jan 2016, 4:40 pm #25

(15 Jan 2016, 4:30 pm)Davie Sounds interesting....  I may have to pay a visit.

i can't make it as am at a football match Sunderland AFC Vs AFC Bournemouth

Andreos1

15 Jan 2016, 6:27 pm #26

Looks like you will have some company! Wink

Andreos1
15 Jan 2016, 6:27 pm #26

Looks like you will have some company! Wink

Wybus

23 May 2016, 6:48 pm #27
How long have all Nexus Travel Centres been closed on Saturdays? Must be a nightmare if you want to pick up timetables.

It might be an idea to have leaflet racks outside on the concourse at Gateshead, like they do at Eldon Square/Haymarket, and possibly still opening the travel centre but just with closed counters at Sunderland.
Edited 23 May 2016, 8:06 pm by Wybus.
Wybus
23 May 2016, 6:48 pm #27

How long have all Nexus Travel Centres been closed on Saturdays? Must be a nightmare if you want to pick up timetables.

It might be an idea to have leaflet racks outside on the concourse at Gateshead, like they do at Eldon Square/Haymarket, and possibly still opening the travel centre but just with closed counters at Sunderland.

Ambassador

23 May 2016, 7:54 pm #28
(23 May 2016, 6:48 pm)Wybus How long have all Nexus Travel Centres been closed on Saturdays? Must be a nightmare if you want to pick up timetables.

It might be an idea to have leaflet racks outside on the course at Gateshead, like they do at Eldon Square/Haymarket, and possibly still opening the travel centre but just with closed counters at Sunderland.

Since last month. 

With the growth of online access there's probably not a bright future for them especially with if smart ticketing and budget cuts coming in

Wistfully stuck in the 90s
Ambassador
23 May 2016, 7:54 pm #28

(23 May 2016, 6:48 pm)Wybus How long have all Nexus Travel Centres been closed on Saturdays? Must be a nightmare if you want to pick up timetables.

It might be an idea to have leaflet racks outside on the course at Gateshead, like they do at Eldon Square/Haymarket, and possibly still opening the travel centre but just with closed counters at Sunderland.

Since last month. 

With the growth of online access there's probably not a bright future for them especially with if smart ticketing and budget cuts coming in

Wistfully stuck in the 90s

Michael

13 Jun 2016, 3:24 pm #29
have your say

Review of local transport services in Tyne and Wear

http://www.nexus.org.uk/sites/default/fi...rvices.pdf

Survey link - https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/NexusServiceReview

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
13 Jun 2016, 3:24 pm #29

have your say

Survey link - https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/NexusServiceReview

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Adrian

13 Jun 2016, 3:37 pm #30
(13 Jun 2016, 3:24 pm)Michael have your say

That survey is a sham. It's not asking you for opinions, but instead asking you which services you'd cut. I fear that there will be very few CAT users fill in the survey, so it'd be interesting to see if those ticketing options are retained, over say the Metro Gold Card.

Adrian
13 Jun 2016, 3:37 pm #30

(13 Jun 2016, 3:24 pm)Michael have your say

That survey is a sham. It's not asking you for opinions, but instead asking you which services you'd cut. I fear that there will be very few CAT users fill in the survey, so it'd be interesting to see if those ticketing options are retained, over say the Metro Gold Card.

13 Jun 2016, 6:06 pm #31
As County Durham and Northumberland are now an integral part of the North East Combined Authority, this survey seems aimed solely at the five Tyne & Wear areas (and Gateshead doesn't seem to want to involved in NECA if it means an elected mayor). Any survey needs to address the transport needs of the whole area including Durham and Northumberland ready for devolution.
Greg in Weardale
13 Jun 2016, 6:06 pm #31

As County Durham and Northumberland are now an integral part of the North East Combined Authority, this survey seems aimed solely at the five Tyne & Wear areas (and Gateshead doesn't seem to want to involved in NECA if it means an elected mayor). Any survey needs to address the transport needs of the whole area including Durham and Northumberland ready for devolution.

Adrian

13 Jun 2016, 6:12 pm #32
(13 Jun 2016, 6:06 pm)Greg in Weardale As County Durham and Northumberland are now an integral part of the North East Combined Authority, this survey seems aimed solely at the five Tyne & Wear areas (and Gateshead doesn't seem to want to involved in NECA if it means an elected mayor). Any survey needs to address the transport needs of the whole area including Durham and Northumberland ready for devolution.

I agree, but I believe NECA are still operating Nexus as part of the Tyne and Wear sub committee? I've no idea when that is planned to change, but I assume it'll be within the next year. 

Of course Durham and Northumberland don't pay what was the ITA levy yet either.

Adrian
13 Jun 2016, 6:12 pm #32

(13 Jun 2016, 6:06 pm)Greg in Weardale As County Durham and Northumberland are now an integral part of the North East Combined Authority, this survey seems aimed solely at the five Tyne & Wear areas (and Gateshead doesn't seem to want to involved in NECA if it means an elected mayor). Any survey needs to address the transport needs of the whole area including Durham and Northumberland ready for devolution.

I agree, but I believe NECA are still operating Nexus as part of the Tyne and Wear sub committee? I've no idea when that is planned to change, but I assume it'll be within the next year. 

Of course Durham and Northumberland don't pay what was the ITA levy yet either.

13 Jun 2016, 6:44 pm #33
(13 Jun 2016, 3:37 pm)Adrian That survey is a sham. It's not asking you for opinions, but instead asking you which services you'd cut. I fear that there will be very few CAT users fill in the survey, so it'd be interesting to see if those ticketing options are retained, over say the Metro Gold Card.

I use CAT tickets and I have completed the survey, basically it wants to know the least important option to you
NK53 TKT
13 Jun 2016, 6:44 pm #33

(13 Jun 2016, 3:37 pm)Adrian That survey is a sham. It's not asking you for opinions, but instead asking you which services you'd cut. I fear that there will be very few CAT users fill in the survey, so it'd be interesting to see if those ticketing options are retained, over say the Metro Gold Card.

I use CAT tickets and I have completed the survey, basically it wants to know the least important option to you

Adrian

13 Jun 2016, 6:59 pm #34
(13 Jun 2016, 6:44 pm)NK53 TKT I use CAT tickets and I have completed the survey, basically it wants to know the least important option to you

I know what it wants to ascertain, but my point is that if a fair sample of Tyne and Wear is not taken, then it'll be one sided.

Adrian
13 Jun 2016, 6:59 pm #34

(13 Jun 2016, 6:44 pm)NK53 TKT I use CAT tickets and I have completed the survey, basically it wants to know the least important option to you

I know what it wants to ascertain, but my point is that if a fair sample of Tyne and Wear is not taken, then it'll be one sided.

13 Jun 2016, 7:01 pm #35
(13 Jun 2016, 6:59 pm)Adrian I know what it wants to ascertain, but my point is that if a fair sample of Tyne and Wear is not taken, then it'll be one sided.

I completely agree with you, with NECA it may be worth noting Northumberland services have appeared on the NEXUS website such as Go North East's Tynedale Links services
NK53 TKT
13 Jun 2016, 7:01 pm #35

(13 Jun 2016, 6:59 pm)Adrian I know what it wants to ascertain, but my point is that if a fair sample of Tyne and Wear is not taken, then it'll be one sided.

I completely agree with you, with NECA it may be worth noting Northumberland services have appeared on the NEXUS website such as Go North East's Tynedale Links services

13 Jun 2016, 7:09 pm #36
So lets hope that having to pay the levy won't detract from the reasonable, but not brilliant, support for essential rural services in Co. Durham and the probably not so good provision in Northumberland, in order to pay for the Metro and Shields ferry etc.
Greg in Weardale
13 Jun 2016, 7:09 pm #36

So lets hope that having to pay the levy won't detract from the reasonable, but not brilliant, support for essential rural services in Co. Durham and the probably not so good provision in Northumberland, in order to pay for the Metro and Shields ferry etc.

G-CPTN

13 Jun 2016, 7:10 pm #37
(13 Jun 2016, 7:01 pm)NK53 TKT it may be worth noting Northumberland services have appeared on the NEXUS website such as Go North East's Tynedale Links services

What are they planning?

I think we should be told.
G-CPTN
13 Jun 2016, 7:10 pm #37

(13 Jun 2016, 7:01 pm)NK53 TKT it may be worth noting Northumberland services have appeared on the NEXUS website such as Go North East's Tynedale Links services

What are they planning?

I think we should be told.

Andreos1

14 Jun 2016, 11:56 am #38

I would hope parents of CAT card holders complete the survey, in addition to any CAT holders themselves.

Looking at the questions, further closures of the travelshops look possible. Or at least have their future under consideration.
Edited 14 Jun 2016, 11:57 am by Andreos1.

Andreos1
14 Jun 2016, 11:56 am #38

I would hope parents of CAT card holders complete the survey, in addition to any CAT holders themselves.

Looking at the questions, further closures of the travelshops look possible. Or at least have their future under consideration.

Adrian

14 Jun 2016, 1:22 pm #39
(14 Jun 2016, 11:56 am)Andreos1 I would hope parents of CAT card holders complete the survey, in addition to any CAT holders themselves.

Will they though? It's relying on kids to tell their parents, unless they uses buses themselves.

Adrian
14 Jun 2016, 1:22 pm #39

(14 Jun 2016, 11:56 am)Andreos1 I would hope parents of CAT card holders complete the survey, in addition to any CAT holders themselves.

Will they though? It's relying on kids to tell their parents, unless they uses buses themselves.

Andreos1

14 Jun 2016, 2:27 pm #40
(14 Jun 2016, 1:22 pm)Adrian Will they though? It's relying on kids to tell their parents, unless they uses buses themselves.

No idea, that's why I said I hope.
At this stage, we have no idea how much the survey/consultation will be pushed and how Nexus will get the message out in to the public domain.

Andreos1
14 Jun 2016, 2:27 pm #40

(14 Jun 2016, 1:22 pm)Adrian Will they though? It's relying on kids to tell their parents, unless they uses buses themselves.

No idea, that's why I said I hope.
At this stage, we have no idea how much the survey/consultation will be pushed and how Nexus will get the message out in to the public domain.

Pages (7): Previous 1 2 37 Next

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average