East Midlands Trains
East Midlands Trains
As I now live in South Leicestershire, I regularly see an East Midlands rake of coaches with a VTEC catering car therein. Does anyone know why this is the case?

Many Thanks.

RE: East Midlands Trains
(01 Apr 2016, 9:18 am)KB59 Wrote: As I now live in South Leicestershire, I regularly see an East Midlands rake of coaches with a VTEC catering car therein. Does anyone know why this is the case?

Many Thanks.

From RailUK Forums:

Quote:If its the one on short term hire then they'll be using a VTEC buffet as the EMT buffet cannot provide the first class service that a VTEC buffet can (different equipment, both can do a full catering service but VTEC use different equipment to do theirs). So if they used the EMT buffet they'd also have to scrap most of the first class service.

Thank you for your kind reply. It seems to be on Nottingham - St Pancras Int. most days so maybe no longer needed by VTEC. Should have said it is MK3 if that makes a difference.

Cheers.

(01 Apr 2016, 11:09 am)KB59 Wrote: Thank you for your kind reply. It seems to be on Nottingham - St Pancras Int. most days so maybe no longer needed by VTEC. Should have said it is MK3 if that makes a difference.

Cheers.

EMT HST's should only work Nottingham to St-Pancras During the day, Though they do early morning services from Leeds to St Pancras to get the HST's from Neville Hill TMD in the morning.
And they also run them on late evening St-Pancras - Leeds Services to return them to Neville Hill for stabling on a night time.

All other services for example Sheffield - St-Pancras are allocated Class 222 Meridians Smile
My New Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/140662069@N02/ - Posts every Weekend at the minimum Smile

(01 Apr 2016, 9:24 am)S813 FVK Wrote: From RailUK Forums:

I also found this on the 125 group:

All power cars and coaching stock are painted in the corporate livery of East Midlands Trains with blue power cars and white coaching stock, however in late in 2015 East Midlands Trains took a MK3 TRFB, numbered 40805 on hire from sister company
Virgin Trains East Coast.

This was to enable East Midlands Trains buffet carriages to be put through an overhaul programme. The vehicle arrived with EMT in unbranded National Express East Coast livery however in December 2015 the vehicle was painted into Virgin Trains East Coast Livery albeit and unbranded version.

Aircraft flown on:

744, 77W, 772, E145, E190, E170, E175, E195, A319, A320, A320NEO, A321, A321NEO, A330-200, A340-600 763, 752, 733, 737, 738, CRJ900, CRJ1000
Favourite aircraft: G-STBL/G-ZBKL

Thank you all for your responses.  Much appreciated.

(01 Apr 2016, 2:55 pm)South Tyne Lad Wrote: EMT HST's should only work Nottingham to St-Pancras During the day, Though they do early morning services from Leeds to St Pancras to get the HST's from Neville Hill TMD in the morning.
And they also run them on late evening St-Pancras - Leeds Services to return them to Neville Hill for stabling on a night time.

All other services for example Sheffield - St-Pancras are allocated Class 222 Meridians  Smile

You are quite correct. The last southbound HST leaves Nottingham about 1900. After that all Meridians of various lengths.

Thanks for the info.

(02 Apr 2016, 11:42 am)KB59 Wrote: You are quite correct. The last southbound HST leaves Nottingham about 1900. After that all Meridians of various lengths.

Thanks for the info.

Incidentally, do they all come back to Neville Hill every night?  The first northbound in the morning does not seem to have an early morning stock arrival at STP.  Maybe an overnight empty transfer?

(02 Apr 2016, 11:46 am)KB59 Wrote: Incidentally, do they all come back to Neville Hill every night?  The first northbound in the morning does not seem to have an early morning stock arrival at STP.  Maybe an overnight empty transfer?

I'm not sure if all of them do or the majority of them do.
I'll check up on it Smile
My New Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/140662069@N02/ - Posts every Weekend at the minimum Smile

(02 Apr 2016, 11:46 am)KB59 Wrote: Incidentally, do they all come back to Neville Hill every night?  The first northbound in the morning does not seem to have an early morning stock arrival at STP.  Maybe an overnight empty transfer?

This should help:

http://www.125group.org.uk/wp-content/up...gs-EMT.pdf

Aircraft flown on:

744, 77W, 772, E145, E190, E170, E175, E195, A319, A320, A320NEO, A321, A321NEO, A330-200, A340-600 763, 752, 733, 737, 738, CRJ900, CRJ1000
Favourite aircraft: G-STBL/G-ZBKL

Thank you very much for your detailed responses. I am most grateful.

(02 Apr 2016, 12:45 pm)8222 Wrote: This should help:

http://www.125group.org.uk/wp-content/up...gs-EMT.pdf

Thank you I can see that there is an ovenighter at Cricklewood. Thank you for solving this puzzle for me.

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/more-...ds-railway

Abellio take over franchise from August.
'Illegitimis non carborundum'