Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Operations, Management & Infrastructure Boxing Day Services 2016

Boxing Day Services 2016

Boxing Day Services 2016

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (5): Previous 13 4 5 Next
Michael

17 Nov 2016, 9:14 pm #61
(17 Nov 2016, 9:11 pm)South Tyne Lad Definitely some security about, There's a main office with a few security men in just next door to House of Fraser on the top level.

There's always members of staff about though in there Intu uniforms.

I understand, I'm from South Shields and I think the same about it with it being my hometown, Its just it'll never get far haha, I have to say with some of the places ive been on outings, I can say Shields is one of the biggest Shitholes in Northern England!
Though with nothing being done in Shields I look at Newcastle with it being home to the team I support ( Newcastle United ) But I wouldn't be surprised if I would be doing the same for Sunderland I was from there.  

Hopefully it can become a nice place soon, I like seeing places develop,  One of the reason's I'm going to take Geography for GSCE's at school in a few months.

Isn't South Shields getting redeveloped too?,if so, there's another getting investment to the NE.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
17 Nov 2016, 9:14 pm #61

(17 Nov 2016, 9:11 pm)South Tyne Lad Definitely some security about, There's a main office with a few security men in just next door to House of Fraser on the top level.

There's always members of staff about though in there Intu uniforms.

I understand, I'm from South Shields and I think the same about it with it being my hometown, Its just it'll never get far haha, I have to say with some of the places ive been on outings, I can say Shields is one of the biggest Shitholes in Northern England!
Though with nothing being done in Shields I look at Newcastle with it being home to the team I support ( Newcastle United ) But I wouldn't be surprised if I would be doing the same for Sunderland I was from there.  

Hopefully it can become a nice place soon, I like seeing places develop,  One of the reason's I'm going to take Geography for GSCE's at school in a few months.

Isn't South Shields getting redeveloped too?,if so, there's another getting investment to the NE.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Jimmi

17 Nov 2016, 9:31 pm #62
If you want to see a terrible run down town, visit Spennymoor, loads of closed units and it just looks totally grim.

In regards to nowhere being open in Bishop Auckland on Boxing Day, I think most of the major shops in the town centre will be open such as Asda and Morrisons then I imagine the likes of Topshop/Topman, Scotts, Grainger Games, Wilko, Poundland and Poundworld will be open in the town plus Sainsburys, Tesco Extra, Next, TK Maxx, M&S and JD will probably all be open up at St Helens Auckland (Tindle Crescent).

Mind saying about shops opening on Boxing Day, there is currently a petition wanting to ban shops from opening on Boxing Day, if the attempts are successful, I think that would seriously impact any chances of services operating on a commercially successful basis a struggle, about the only thing that would probably keep numbers up on Tyneside would be Newcastle United playing at home, if they are away, it could be a disaster.
Jimmi
17 Nov 2016, 9:31 pm #62

If you want to see a terrible run down town, visit Spennymoor, loads of closed units and it just looks totally grim.

In regards to nowhere being open in Bishop Auckland on Boxing Day, I think most of the major shops in the town centre will be open such as Asda and Morrisons then I imagine the likes of Topshop/Topman, Scotts, Grainger Games, Wilko, Poundland and Poundworld will be open in the town plus Sainsburys, Tesco Extra, Next, TK Maxx, M&S and JD will probably all be open up at St Helens Auckland (Tindle Crescent).

Mind saying about shops opening on Boxing Day, there is currently a petition wanting to ban shops from opening on Boxing Day, if the attempts are successful, I think that would seriously impact any chances of services operating on a commercially successful basis a struggle, about the only thing that would probably keep numbers up on Tyneside would be Newcastle United playing at home, if they are away, it could be a disaster.

dannygee

18 Nov 2016, 12:29 am #63
So what routes will be running in the north tyneside area?
Same as last year apart from the 310 variation?

1-Whitley Bay to North Shields Ferry
309-Newcastle to Blyth via billy mill instead of cobalt
310-north shields to newcastle via hadrian park. Does this mean the 57 wont be running this far down. .?
dannygee
18 Nov 2016, 12:29 am #63

So what routes will be running in the north tyneside area?

310-north shields to newcastle via hadrian park. Does this mean the 57 wont be running this far down. .?

MVK 500R

18 Nov 2016, 1:09 am #64
(18 Nov 2016, 12:29 am)dannygee So what routes will be running in the north tyneside area?

Like I said earlier, laughable. Not one service will serve Wallsend yet again, with only the 22 running between Wallsend and Newcastle, and maybe the 40.

Sent from my E6853 using Tapatalk
MVK 500R
18 Nov 2016, 1:09 am #64

(18 Nov 2016, 12:29 am)dannygee So what routes will be running in the north tyneside area?

Like I said earlier, laughable. Not one service will serve Wallsend yet again, with only the 22 running between Wallsend and Newcastle, and maybe the 40.

markydh

18 Nov 2016, 2:54 am #65
What does Eldon Square have over the Metrocentre? John Lewis and Fenwick for starters. The *only* major store that the Metrocentre has uniquely is House of Fraser. There are countless restaurants and bars opening every year in Newcastle and the new Grey's Quarter is fantastic! Next week, the council is set to give the East Pilgrim Street project reboot the final go-ahead.

As for Boxing Day services, the 22 and 40 will be operating. I wish they'd operate a bit longer into the early evening, though. Similarly, I do think it's high time the 18:00 cut offs on Christmas and New Year's Eve were consigned to history.
markydh
18 Nov 2016, 2:54 am #65

What does Eldon Square have over the Metrocentre? John Lewis and Fenwick for starters. The *only* major store that the Metrocentre has uniquely is House of Fraser. There are countless restaurants and bars opening every year in Newcastle and the new Grey's Quarter is fantastic! Next week, the council is set to give the East Pilgrim Street project reboot the final go-ahead.

As for Boxing Day services, the 22 and 40 will be operating. I wish they'd operate a bit longer into the early evening, though. Similarly, I do think it's high time the 18:00 cut offs on Christmas and New Year's Eve were consigned to history.

MVK 500R

18 Nov 2016, 5:05 am #66
(18 Nov 2016, 2:54 am)markydh As for Boxing Day services, the 22 and 40 will be operating. I wish they'd operate a bit longer into the early evening, though. Similarly, I do think it's high time the 18:00 cut offs on Christmas and New Year's Eve were consigned to history.

Along with the Saturday timetables that follow after Boxing Day.

MVK 500R
18 Nov 2016, 5:05 am #66

(18 Nov 2016, 2:54 am)markydh As for Boxing Day services, the 22 and 40 will be operating. I wish they'd operate a bit longer into the early evening, though. Similarly, I do think it's high time the 18:00 cut offs on Christmas and New Year's Eve were consigned to history.

Along with the Saturday timetables that follow after Boxing Day.

Jimmi

18 Nov 2016, 6:02 am #67
(18 Nov 2016, 2:54 am)markydh What does Eldon Square have over the Metrocentre? John Lewis and Fenwick for starters. The *only* major store that the Metrocentre has uniquely is House of Fraser. There are countless restaurants and bars opening every year in Newcastle and the new Grey's Quarter is fantastic! Next week, the council is set to give the East Pilgrim Street project reboot the final go-ahead.

Another two shops that I can think of that Eldon Square has but the MetroCentre doesn't is Addidas and Hollister.

The Hollister shop is a strange one, let's make it like a rainforest and have the whole shop in darkness
Jimmi
18 Nov 2016, 6:02 am #67

(18 Nov 2016, 2:54 am)markydh What does Eldon Square have over the Metrocentre? John Lewis and Fenwick for starters. The *only* major store that the Metrocentre has uniquely is House of Fraser. There are countless restaurants and bars opening every year in Newcastle and the new Grey's Quarter is fantastic! Next week, the council is set to give the East Pilgrim Street project reboot the final go-ahead.

Another two shops that I can think of that Eldon Square has but the MetroCentre doesn't is Addidas and Hollister.

The Hollister shop is a strange one, let's make it like a rainforest and have the whole shop in darkness

BusLoverMum

18 Nov 2016, 7:23 am #68
No fat face in the metrocentre, either.

I've always gone to Newcastle for proper shopping and the metrocentre when it's raining.
BusLoverMum
18 Nov 2016, 7:23 am #68

No fat face in the metrocentre, either.

I've always gone to Newcastle for proper shopping and the metrocentre when it's raining.

MurdnunoC

18 Nov 2016, 9:38 am #69
My main gripe with Sunderland, and I think I've covered this in another thread, is that planners have opted for a generic, soulless shopping mall instead of developing the traditional shopping areas of Fawcett Street, John Street and High Street West. This has resulted in some shops, like M&S and, in the past, Joplings (or whatever it became), being out on the periphery of the main shopping area surrounded by derelict shells of former buildings as well as the likes of Poundland and other various bargain shops. This is not to say there isn't a place for The Bridges in Sunderland, but if you look at other cities like Newcastle, Leeds or Manchester, planners have managed to combine shopping malls with the traditional high-street to enhance the shopping experience and also to promote the cultural and architectural history of their cities.
MurdnunoC
18 Nov 2016, 9:38 am #69

My main gripe with Sunderland, and I think I've covered this in another thread, is that planners have opted for a generic, soulless shopping mall instead of developing the traditional shopping areas of Fawcett Street, John Street and High Street West. This has resulted in some shops, like M&S and, in the past, Joplings (or whatever it became), being out on the periphery of the main shopping area surrounded by derelict shells of former buildings as well as the likes of Poundland and other various bargain shops. This is not to say there isn't a place for The Bridges in Sunderland, but if you look at other cities like Newcastle, Leeds or Manchester, planners have managed to combine shopping malls with the traditional high-street to enhance the shopping experience and also to promote the cultural and architectural history of their cities.

markydh

18 Nov 2016, 9:48 am #70
(18 Nov 2016, 6:02 am)Jimmi Another two shops that I can think of that Eldon Square has but the MetroCentre doesn't is Addidas and Hollister.

As I said above, John Lewis and Fenwick.
markydh
18 Nov 2016, 9:48 am #70

(18 Nov 2016, 6:02 am)Jimmi Another two shops that I can think of that Eldon Square has but the MetroCentre doesn't is Addidas and Hollister.

As I said above, John Lewis and Fenwick.

18 Nov 2016, 8:41 pm #71
What's happening with the Q3?
NK53 TKT
18 Nov 2016, 8:41 pm #71

What's happening with the Q3?

Andreos1

25 Nov 2016, 6:04 pm #72
Just been looking at the Boxing Day services.
Can't help feeling there's a missed opportunity with the Coast Road services finishing early (granted the Metro is there) in addition to the X1 terminating short for its last few runs.

I only looked at the 4 timetable quickly, but does anyone know where that last 4 from the Galleries comes from? I can't work out which board it is if from. It just appears.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
25 Nov 2016, 6:04 pm #72

Just been looking at the Boxing Day services.
Can't help feeling there's a missed opportunity with the Coast Road services finishing early (granted the Metro is there) in addition to the X1 terminating short for its last few runs.

I only looked at the 4 timetable quickly, but does anyone know where that last 4 from the Galleries comes from? I can't work out which board it is if from. It just appears.

Tom

25 Nov 2016, 6:10 pm #73
(25 Nov 2016, 6:04 pm)Andreos1 Just been looking at the Boxing Day services.

Looks like the it's the X1 that terminates at Washington at 18:51.
Tom
25 Nov 2016, 6:10 pm #73

(25 Nov 2016, 6:04 pm)Andreos1 Just been looking at the Boxing Day services.

Looks like the it's the X1 that terminates at Washington at 18:51.

Andreos1

25 Nov 2016, 6:21 pm #74
(25 Nov 2016, 6:10 pm)Tom Looks like the it's the X1 that terminates at Washington at 18:51.

The boards off the 4 wouldn't work, unless the vehicle sits around for a bit (mind they do that at Houghton), so you may be right. 
A decker on the 4? Hope the driver remembers it's a short journey if it is!
Edited 25 Nov 2016, 6:21 pm by Andreos1.

Andreos1
25 Nov 2016, 6:21 pm #74

(25 Nov 2016, 6:10 pm)Tom Looks like the it's the X1 that terminates at Washington at 18:51.

The boards off the 4 wouldn't work, unless the vehicle sits around for a bit (mind they do that at Houghton), so you may be right. 
A decker on the 4? Hope the driver remembers it's a short journey if it is!

Michael

26 Nov 2016, 12:49 pm #75
Mind i'm surprised the GNE 20 is running only half hourly, thought it would of been every 20 minutes.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
26 Nov 2016, 12:49 pm #75

Mind i'm surprised the GNE 20 is running only half hourly, thought it would of been every 20 minutes.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Dan

Site Administrator

26 Nov 2016, 12:54 pm #76
(26 Nov 2016, 12:49 pm)Michael Mind i'm surprised the GNE 20 is running only half hourly, thought it would of been every 20 minutes.

It will operate with Volvo B9s - so still providing more capacity than usual.
Dan
26 Nov 2016, 12:54 pm #76

(26 Nov 2016, 12:49 pm)Michael Mind i'm surprised the GNE 20 is running only half hourly, thought it would of been every 20 minutes.

It will operate with Volvo B9s - so still providing more capacity than usual.

Michael

26 Nov 2016, 12:57 pm #77
(26 Nov 2016, 12:54 pm)Dan It will operate with Volvo B9s - so still providing more capacity than usual.

That's good, i didn't think about that.

I would imagine, most services will be run by their normal buses?
Edited 26 Nov 2016, 12:58 pm by Michael.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
26 Nov 2016, 12:57 pm #77

(26 Nov 2016, 12:54 pm)Dan It will operate with Volvo B9s - so still providing more capacity than usual.

That's good, i didn't think about that.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Dan

Site Administrator

26 Nov 2016, 12:59 pm #78
(26 Nov 2016, 12:57 pm)Michael That's good, i didn't think about that.

Yes, with a few exceptions.

Service 97 will also be allocated Volvo B9s, for example, and will interwork with the X50 service.
Dan
26 Nov 2016, 12:59 pm #78

(26 Nov 2016, 12:57 pm)Michael That's good, i didn't think about that.

Yes, with a few exceptions.

Service 97 will also be allocated Volvo B9s, for example, and will interwork with the X50 service.

Michael

26 Nov 2016, 1:04 pm #79
(26 Nov 2016, 12:59 pm)Dan Yes, with a few exceptions.

That's good, glad they're thinking of capacity this year especially when Newcastle are at home.

Stagecoach offering the same service as the last 4 years in Sunderland - 10am till 6pm.......................... -.-

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
26 Nov 2016, 1:04 pm #79

(26 Nov 2016, 12:59 pm)Dan Yes, with a few exceptions.

That's good, glad they're thinking of capacity this year especially when Newcastle are at home.

Stagecoach offering the same service as the last 4 years in Sunderland - 10am till 6pm.......................... -.-

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

dannygee

26 Nov 2016, 11:22 pm #80
(26 Nov 2016, 1:04 pm)Michael That's good, glad they're thinking of capacity this year especially when Newcastle are at home.

Yes but not so much about people from the coast and battle hill areas for the game as no metros go to battle hill but buses coming off early so going to be a pain for match fans. Surly they can run later like they have in past years.
dannygee
26 Nov 2016, 11:22 pm #80

(26 Nov 2016, 1:04 pm)Michael That's good, glad they're thinking of capacity this year especially when Newcastle are at home.

Yes but not so much about people from the coast and battle hill areas for the game as no metros go to battle hill but buses coming off early so going to be a pain for match fans. Surly they can run later like they have in past years.

Pages (5): Previous 13 4 5 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average