Menu

North East Buses The Bus Scene Elsewhere Bus Operators North West Bus Operations

North West Bus Operations

North West Bus Operations

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (61): 1 2 361 Next
Malarkey

19 Apr 2013, 7:52 pm #1
News, debate and discussion on the North West's Bus Operations.
Bus operators include the likes of Stagecoach, First, Arriva and many more.

Was out and about today and I stumbled across these at Washington Motorway Services.

512 BU13 ZTD Setra
http://www.flickr.com/photos/adammalarke...otostream/
515 BU13 ZTG Setra
(Rear 512) BU13 ZTD Setra
Malarkey
19 Apr 2013, 7:52 pm #1

News, debate and discussion on the North West's Bus Operations.
Bus operators include the likes of Stagecoach, First, Arriva and many more.

Was out and about today and I stumbled across these at Washington Motorway Services.

512 BU13 ZTD Setra
515 BU13 ZTG Setra
(Rear 512) BU13 ZTD Setra

Andreos1

22 Apr 2013, 8:57 am #2
It's a few weeks old, but still relevant.

Interesting reading with regard to fares in Manchester on vehicles operated by First.

www.thebuspeople.co.uk/?p=2151

It also seems to show how effective TfGM are in encouraging growth in the area, including towns like Oldham, which are obviously beyond the City Centre boundaries.
How good would it be if local operators saw the benefit of reducing fares beyond the normal City Centres?
Andreos1
22 Apr 2013, 8:57 am #2

It's a few weeks old, but still relevant.

Interesting reading with regard to fares in Manchester on vehicles operated by First.

www.thebuspeople.co.uk/?p=2151

It also seems to show how effective TfGM are in encouraging growth in the area, including towns like Oldham, which are obviously beyond the City Centre boundaries.
How good would it be if local operators saw the benefit of reducing fares beyond the normal City Centres?

Adrian

22 Jun 2013, 2:11 pm #3
Did anyone happen to notice former Greater Manchester PTE's Atlantean 7777 in Newcastle yesterday? It's been branded in anti-austerity TUC livery, and was promoting a such event at Grey's monument. I seen it parked up near the Toby in Washington on Friday morning. Here's a pic from elsewhere on the tour (not by me).

[Image: austerity-unconvered-dudley.jpg]

More details here and here.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
22 Jun 2013, 2:11 pm #3

Did anyone happen to notice former Greater Manchester PTE's Atlantean 7777 in Newcastle yesterday? It's been branded in anti-austerity TUC livery, and was promoting a such event at Grey's monument. I seen it parked up near the Toby in Washington on Friday morning. Here's a pic from elsewhere on the tour (not by me).

[Image: austerity-unconvered-dudley.jpg]

More details here and here.

Adrian

30 Jul 2013, 7:52 pm #4
I think I'm headed off down this way at some point next month, so hoping to get a chance to grab some photos on an evening. Is there anything in Blackpool Transport's fleet to look out for, apart from the three Optare Excel's I spotted? Which I think are T880RBR (ex-GNE 8180) T881RBR (ex-GNE 8181) an T884RBR (ex-GNE 8184).

Adrian
30 Jul 2013, 7:52 pm #4

I think I'm headed off down this way at some point next month, so hoping to get a chance to grab some photos on an evening. Is there anything in Blackpool Transport's fleet to look out for, apart from the three Optare Excel's I spotted? Which I think are T880RBR (ex-GNE 8180) T881RBR (ex-GNE 8181) an T884RBR (ex-GNE 8184).

Dan

Site Administrator

30 Jul 2013, 7:59 pm #5
Snap! Next week for me. :p

I'm on the lookout for the above, plus:
  • 312 (PJ03 TFN), Transbus Trident/East Lancs - Tower Eye Advert
  • 313 (PJ03 TFU), Transbus Trident/East Lancs - Tower Dungeon Advert
  • 314 (PJ03 TFV), Transbus Trident/East Lancs - Sealife Centre Advert
  • 315 (PJ03 TFX), Transbus Trident/East Lancs - Tussauds Advert

And the two unlikely ones:
  • 969 (K129 UFV), DAF SB220LC/Optare Delta - Driver Training
  • 970 (K130 UFV), DAF SB220LC/Optare Delta - Driver Training
Dan
30 Jul 2013, 7:59 pm #5

Snap! Next week for me. :p

I'm on the lookout for the above, plus:

• 312 (PJ03 TFN), Transbus Trident/East Lancs - Tower Eye Advert
  • 313 (PJ03 TFU), Transbus Trident/East Lancs - Tower Dungeon Advert
  • 314 (PJ03 TFV), Transbus Trident/East Lancs - Sealife Centre Advert
  • 315 (PJ03 TFX), Transbus Trident/East Lancs - Tussauds Advert

And the two unlikely ones:
  • 969 (K129 UFV), DAF SB220LC/Optare Delta - Driver Training
  • 970 (K130 UFV), DAF SB220LC/Optare Delta - Driver Training

Adrian

30 Jul 2013, 8:10 pm #6
I think Stagecoach at Preston still have quite a few Olympians out. I'm hoping to pop over there if I get a chance too.

Adrian
30 Jul 2013, 8:10 pm #6

I think Stagecoach at Preston still have quite a few Olympians out. I'm hoping to pop over there if I get a chance too.

Dan

Site Administrator

30 Jul 2013, 8:15 pm #7
(30 Jul 2013, 8:10 pm)aureolin I think Stagecoach at Preston still have quite a few Olympians out. I'm hoping to pop over there if I get a chance too.

Oooer, double snap! Next week on the same day :p
North West 4 in 8 day Rover. Bargain.
Dan
30 Jul 2013, 8:15 pm #7

(30 Jul 2013, 8:10 pm)aureolin I think Stagecoach at Preston still have quite a few Olympians out. I'm hoping to pop over there if I get a chance too.

Oooer, double snap! Next week on the same day :p
North West 4 in 8 day Rover. Bargain.

Dan

Site Administrator

13 Aug 2013, 12:02 pm #8
A few days ago, a dreadful incident occurred on one of Stagecoach in Manchester's vehicles.
Thoughts and feelings go out to the man's family.

You can read what happened in the incident here.

If the bus was pulling away from a bus stop as passengers were still taking a seat, it begs the question: Would bus operators be willing to put policies in place to prevent things like this happening? I understand passengers can request the driver waits until the passengers have sat down, but if the passenger thinks s/he can cope without causing a delay to the service, they may just try to sit down without requesting the driver to wait.
Dan
13 Aug 2013, 12:02 pm #8

A few days ago, a dreadful incident occurred on one of Stagecoach in Manchester's vehicles.
Thoughts and feelings go out to the man's family.

You can read what happened in the incident here.

If the bus was pulling away from a bus stop as passengers were still taking a seat, it begs the question: Would bus operators be willing to put policies in place to prevent things like this happening? I understand passengers can request the driver waits until the passengers have sat down, but if the passenger thinks s/he can cope without causing a delay to the service, they may just try to sit down without requesting the driver to wait.

Dan

Site Administrator

15 Aug 2013, 6:46 pm #9
Did you catch any of the Excels, aureolin? Just noticed your photos going up on Flickr.
Managed to catch 221/T884 on 11s, but that's the only one I managed to get from the ones I wanted.
Dan
15 Aug 2013, 6:46 pm #9

Did you catch any of the Excels, aureolin? Just noticed your photos going up on Flickr.
Managed to catch 221/T884 on 11s, but that's the only one I managed to get from the ones I wanted.

Adrian

15 Aug 2013, 6:48 pm #10
I managed to get a couple of days over Blackpool, but didn't have an awful lot of time to myself. I did have a look over the coastline on Wednesday evening though, and decided to go for the new trams rather than buses. Unfortunately I kept getting caught in showers, so the camera was packed away more than I would have liked Undecided only managed about 30 photos in total.

Couple of photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/aureolindn/...081582709/

Adrian
15 Aug 2013, 6:48 pm #10

I managed to get a couple of days over Blackpool, but didn't have an awful lot of time to myself. I did have a look over the coastline on Wednesday evening though, and decided to go for the new trams rather than buses. Unfortunately I kept getting caught in showers, so the camera was packed away more than I would have liked Undecided only managed about 30 photos in total.

Couple of photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/aureolindn/...081582709/

15 Sep 2013, 12:45 pm #11
Hi, i will try to keep you all updated on the goings on in the North West!

I decided i would make a start with Arrivas Bolton Depot with it being the Best Depot (My opinion) that Arriva has.

All Marshall Darts (7615,7617 and 7621) have left the Depot and are all now Sat in the rear of St Helens Depot for Scrap.

Ex Blue Bus of Bolton MAN Millennium 2828 is having the last of its Engine work done, This has been away from Arriva for a while having repairs done to it.

One thing to note is Most Services Arriva Bolton currently do are up for a Timetable change from 27/10/13 but i will touch more onto this when i get the Information.
Terence Price
15 Sep 2013, 12:45 pm #11

Hi, i will try to keep you all updated on the goings on in the North West!

I decided i would make a start with Arrivas Bolton Depot with it being the Best Depot (My opinion) that Arriva has.

All Marshall Darts (7615,7617 and 7621) have left the Depot and are all now Sat in the rear of St Helens Depot for Scrap.

Ex Blue Bus of Bolton MAN Millennium 2828 is having the last of its Engine work done, This has been away from Arriva for a while having repairs done to it.

One thing to note is Most Services Arriva Bolton currently do are up for a Timetable change from 27/10/13 but i will touch more onto this when i get the Information.

Tom

15 Sep 2013, 12:54 pm #12
(15 Sep 2013, 12:45 pm)Terence Price Hi, i will try to keep you all updated on the goings on in the North West!

Thanks for the updates, much appreciated!
Tom
15 Sep 2013, 12:54 pm #12

(15 Sep 2013, 12:45 pm)Terence Price Hi, i will try to keep you all updated on the goings on in the North West!

Thanks for the updates, much appreciated!

15 Sep 2013, 12:56 pm #13
Ahh i remember you Tongue you was part of that Forum i had a go of running last year, nice to catch up with some old Faces Smile
Terence Price
15 Sep 2013, 12:56 pm #13

Ahh i remember you Tongue you was part of that Forum i had a go of running last year, nice to catch up with some old Faces Smile

15 Sep 2013, 12:59 pm #14
A recent Update at this Depot is:

Marshall Darts 7640,7641 and 7644 are all Withdrawn Leaving 7634,7647,7650 and 7665, The Marshall Darts are the final remaining Buses in service from the MTL era and are being slowly withdrawn Across Arriva's North West Division.
Terence Price
15 Sep 2013, 12:59 pm #14

A recent Update at this Depot is:

Marshall Darts 7640,7641 and 7644 are all Withdrawn Leaving 7634,7647,7650 and 7665, The Marshall Darts are the final remaining Buses in service from the MTL era and are being slowly withdrawn Across Arriva's North West Division.

16 Sep 2013, 11:16 pm #15
Today was strange for Flagship route 500, the express route from Liverpool City Centre to the Airport, PVR is 3 and today Commanders 2601 and 2602 was on there, 2602 used to be in a special livery for the route and still to this day remains lugage racks, these days the service is normally ran by merc-bents bendies with deckers going on if no bendie is free so wright commanders is a rare sight on the route!
Terence Price
16 Sep 2013, 11:16 pm #15

Today was strange for Flagship route 500, the express route from Liverpool City Centre to the Airport, PVR is 3 and today Commanders 2601 and 2602 was on there, 2602 used to be in a special livery for the route and still to this day remains lugage racks, these days the service is normally ran by merc-bents bendies with deckers going on if no bendie is free so wright commanders is a rare sight on the route!

18 Sep 2013, 10:01 pm #16
Was well funny in St Helens Bus Station at 9ish this morning, Pulsar 2 came in off a 10A and driver came up to me and the Drivers i was talking to and said *some Scruffy Drunk has decided to piss on the Bus* a min later he got of the Bus and smelt well bad, the Driver left the Bus to get the Supervisor and then the Drunk got back on and started falling asleep at the back of the Bus, must of been a good night in Liverpool Tongue
Terence Price
18 Sep 2013, 10:01 pm #16

Was well funny in St Helens Bus Station at 9ish this morning, Pulsar 2 came in off a 10A and driver came up to me and the Drivers i was talking to and said *some Scruffy Drunk has decided to piss on the Bus* a min later he got of the Bus and smelt well bad, the Driver left the Bus to get the Supervisor and then the Drunk got back on and started falling asleep at the back of the Bus, must of been a good night in Liverpool Tongue

Michael

18 Sep 2013, 10:26 pm #17
He must of had a good night, still what a dirty sod..how old did he look?

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
18 Sep 2013, 10:26 pm #17

He must of had a good night, still what a dirty sod..how old did he look?

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

19 Sep 2013, 6:26 am #18
(18 Sep 2013, 10:26 pm)Michael He must of had a good night, still what a dirty sod..how old did he look?

around 30 lol
Terence Price
19 Sep 2013, 6:26 am #18

(18 Sep 2013, 10:26 pm)Michael He must of had a good night, still what a dirty sod..how old did he look?

around 30 lol

20 Sep 2013, 8:30 am #19
Network Warrington are walking out on strike again tomoz, this will be the 2nd day in 2 weeks they have been on strike with more to come apparently, the strike is due to the fact they have not had a pay rise this year.
Terence Price
20 Sep 2013, 8:30 am #19

Network Warrington are walking out on strike again tomoz, this will be the 2nd day in 2 weeks they have been on strike with more to come apparently, the strike is due to the fact they have not had a pay rise this year.

21 Sep 2013, 7:56 am #20
Our Manager is leaving on 7th October so new Manager on the way, my personal opinion was never to high about this manager as it was him who agreed to this Quality Bus Partnership, it was him who ruined the 33 service and its him who keeps saying no to Deckers on routes they are required desperately, if depot talk is true about who the new manager is then i cant wait!
Terence Price
21 Sep 2013, 7:56 am #20

Our Manager is leaving on 7th October so new Manager on the way, my personal opinion was never to high about this manager as it was him who agreed to this Quality Bus Partnership, it was him who ruined the 33 service and its him who keeps saying no to Deckers on routes they are required desperately, if depot talk is true about who the new manager is then i cant wait!

Pages (61): 1 2 361 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average