Menu

North East Buses The Bus Scene Elsewhere Bus Operators Unusual Spottings Elsewhere

Unusual Spottings Elsewhere

Unusual Spottings Elsewhere

• 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Pages (2): Previous 1 2
GuyParkRoyal

12 Jun 2017, 3:59 pm #21
(12 Jun 2017, 12:23 pm)S813 FVK 3 ex-Go Ahead London Gemini's spotted heading north:

[Image: 35213727076_f082f65815.jpg]North East bound by AECAV760, on Flickr

Are they for an independent (even one of the main operators) or are they going to Thornton's for a refurbishment (eventhough I imagine Go-Ahead use Hants & Dorset Trim for the London operation?)
Possibly York Pullman who had 3 ex Go-Ahead London WVL's in service on the 197 a few weeks ago and one of their drivers said they had acquired a batch of similar vehicles due for delivery this month.
GuyParkRoyal
12 Jun 2017, 3:59 pm #21

(12 Jun 2017, 12:23 pm)S813 FVK 3 ex-Go Ahead London Gemini's spotted heading north:

[Image: 35213727076_f082f65815.jpg]North East bound by AECAV760, on Flickr

Are they for an independent (even one of the main operators) or are they going to Thornton's for a refurbishment (eventhough I imagine Go-Ahead use Hants & Dorset Trim for the London operation?)
Possibly York Pullman who had 3 ex Go-Ahead London WVL's in service on the 197 a few weeks ago and one of their drivers said they had acquired a batch of similar vehicles due for delivery this month.

Andreos1

14 Aug 2017, 5:52 pm #22
Saw this on test earlier.
Came on to the A1 just south of Ferrybridge and continued to play the hokey-cokey with the lanes, as far as the Doncaster/Rotherham slip.

Couldn't work out the operator going off the colours (not that it would be easy in this day and age like).

Any ideas?
Attached Files
.jpg
WP_20170814_15_00_45_Pro (3).jpg
Size: 478.69 KB / Downloads: 18
.jpg
WP_20170814_15_00_44_Pro (2).jpg
Size: 583.98 KB / Downloads: 27
.jpg
WP_20170814_14_51_11_Pro (2).jpg
Size: 343.8 KB / Downloads: 15

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
14 Aug 2017, 5:52 pm #22

Saw this on test earlier.
Came on to the A1 just south of Ferrybridge and continued to play the hokey-cokey with the lanes, as far as the Doncaster/Rotherham slip.

Couldn't work out the operator going off the colours (not that it would be easy in this day and age like).

Any ideas?

Attached Files
.jpg
WP_20170814_15_00_45_Pro (3).jpg
Size: 478.69 KB / Downloads: 18
.jpg
WP_20170814_15_00_44_Pro (2).jpg
Size: 583.98 KB / Downloads: 27
.jpg
WP_20170814_14_51_11_Pro (2).jpg
Size: 343.8 KB / Downloads: 15

Andreos1

04 Sep 2018, 7:31 pm #23
I've not long been on a trip to the Netherlands. 
Didnt do much gricing when I was over there, but in the places we were at, I noticed the prescence of Connexxions and Arriva.
The Arriva Qline brand appeared to be quite dominant, using a mix of Merc and Volvo engined vehicles.

One trip out in the car through a particularly rural and scenic part of Schouwen-Duiveland, brought me in to sight of a black VR.
We were driving at speed, but I made note of its location. 

By process of elimination and Rob Sly's excellent site, I think I have tracked down said vehicle and done so a lot quicker than I ever imagined.
Google maps has a black VR parked up in the area I saw it and Rob Sly has a black VR registered at a location just a few miles down the road from where I spotted it/Google maps has the VR.

Turns out it's ex-Cumberland 428.

http://bcv.robsly.com/fao428v.html
https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant...vince.html

Worth noting that the area operates a zero fare policy in the summer months. 
Unfortunately the closest you will get to 428 is if you buy chips!
Edited 04 Sep 2018, 7:33 pm by Andreos1.

Andreos1
04 Sep 2018, 7:31 pm #23

I've not long been on a trip to the Netherlands. 
Didnt do much gricing when I was over there, but in the places we were at, I noticed the prescence of Connexxions and Arriva.
The Arriva Qline brand appeared to be quite dominant, using a mix of Merc and Volvo engined vehicles.

One trip out in the car through a particularly rural and scenic part of Schouwen-Duiveland, brought me in to sight of a black VR.
We were driving at speed, but I made note of its location. 

By process of elimination and Rob Sly's excellent site, I think I have tracked down said vehicle and done so a lot quicker than I ever imagined.
Google maps has a black VR parked up in the area I saw it and Rob Sly has a black VR registered at a location just a few miles down the road from where I spotted it/Google maps has the VR.

Turns out it's ex-Cumberland 428.

http://bcv.robsly.com/fao428v.html
https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant...vince.html

Worth noting that the area operates a zero fare policy in the summer months. 
Unfortunately the closest you will get to 428 is if you buy chips!

Andreos1

01 Jan 2020, 7:26 pm #24
.jpg
IMG_20200101_181431.jpg
Size: 1.1 MB / Downloads: 15

I've done some digging on this and drawn a blank. 

Watching Classic Corrie as I do, I've seen many an old bus in the background. 
However, when watching an episode recently, I spotted what looks like an ECW Atlantean on 'Rosamund St', as Ken Barlow was walking towards the cafe. 

Knowing the episode was shown in 1993 originally and the GAG ECW Atlantean's disappearing not too long prior to this, I was wondering if the white example in the photo was one of the native examples, living an extended life. 

I've checked online and can't find any white examples photographed in the Manchester area - to rule my theory in or out.
However, that's not to say there's no photos of it. 

Any help would be appreciated

Andreos1
01 Jan 2020, 7:26 pm #24

.jpg
IMG_20200101_181431.jpg
Size: 1.1 MB / Downloads: 15

I've done some digging on this and drawn a blank. 

However, when watching an episode recently, I spotted what looks like an ECW Atlantean on 'Rosamund St', as Ken Barlow was walking towards the cafe. 

Knowing the episode was shown in 1993 originally and the GAG ECW Atlantean's disappearing not too long prior to this, I was wondering if the white example in the photo was one of the native examples, living an extended life. 

I've checked online and can't find any white examples photographed in the Manchester area - to rule my theory in or out.

BusLoverMum

01 Jan 2020, 11:10 pm #25
(01 Jan 2020, 7:26 pm)Andreos1 I've done some digging on this and drawn a blank. 

Is it not likely to have been hired as part of the scenery, hence being white?
BusLoverMum
01 Jan 2020, 11:10 pm #25

(01 Jan 2020, 7:26 pm)Andreos1 I've done some digging on this and drawn a blank. 

Is it not likely to have been hired as part of the scenery, hence being white?

Andreos1

02 Jan 2020, 8:14 am #26
(01 Jan 2020, 11:10 pm)BusLoverMum Is it not likely to have been hired as part of the scenery, hence being white?

Not sure. It seemed a 'live' street broadcast somewhere in Manchester, with cars, vans and pedestrians - as opposed to filmed on the set.
The buses on the set always appeared to be GM Orange too.

Andreos1
02 Jan 2020, 8:14 am #26

(01 Jan 2020, 11:10 pm)BusLoverMum Is it not likely to have been hired as part of the scenery, hence being white?

Not sure. It seemed a 'live' street broadcast somewhere in Manchester, with cars, vans and pedestrians - as opposed to filmed on the set.
The buses on the set always appeared to be GM Orange too.

Andreos1

15 Sep 2023, 6:40 am #27
Seeing a post on fb, reminded me of this.

What looked like a re-engined Mk2 National, parked up at The Old Fox Truckstop on the A1 over a period of time. 
I was driving in both directions, so unable to get a good look.

It's not pictured on Google maps unfortunately. Anyone know anything about it?

Andreos1
15 Sep 2023, 6:40 am #27

Seeing a post on fb, reminded me of this.

What looked like a re-engined Mk2 National, parked up at The Old Fox Truckstop on the A1 over a period of time. 
I was driving in both directions, so unable to get a good look.

It's not pictured on Google maps unfortunately. Anyone know anything about it?

Pages (2): Previous 1 2

• 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average