North East Buses Local Bus Scene Bygone Era A request

A request

A request

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Dan

Site Administrator

15 Aug 2013, 3:05 pm #1
Hi everyone.

I recently proposed to the North East Buses Forum Team that we bring some more modern content to the Bygone Era. While many do love the very old content we have, I feel the section would be more appealing if we followed a service from it being introduced all the way until it is withdrawn (if applicable). Upon reflection on Go North East's #OK1 service withdrawal, it seemed appropriate to me that it would be nice to archive all timetables. Obviously we can't predict which services are going to be withdrawn and/or changed, so it would be nice to archive all of these timetables. When a service receives a timetable change (I'm waiting for the comments now, based on comments made elsewhere on the forum Wink), the timetable can move over to the Bygone Era from a new section which will be introduced somewhere else on the forum, holding all of the current timetables that are in use with the three big companies.
Go North East recently changed the format of all of their timetables too, which means that the old timetable format is also something which could be classed as 'bygone'.

I have added all of Go North East's timetables that were accurate as of November 2012 (when a lot of service changes took place), but I have not been able to source all of the timetables before/after then.

If anyone has a timetable collection (it doesn't matter which company they're from) that is now outdated as a result of service changes or withdrawals, I would appreciate it if you could e-mail it to dan@northeastbuses.co.uk and we will look into adding this to the Bygone Era shortly. We will be able to add the current timetables in use with companies ourselves, which should be done this evening when I get back home.

Cheers!
Dan
15 Aug 2013, 3:05 pm #1

Hi everyone.

I recently proposed to the North East Buses Forum Team that we bring some more modern content to the Bygone Era. While many do love the very old content we have, I feel the section would be more appealing if we followed a service from it being introduced all the way until it is withdrawn (if applicable). Upon reflection on Go North East's #OK1 service withdrawal, it seemed appropriate to me that it would be nice to archive all timetables. Obviously we can't predict which services are going to be withdrawn and/or changed, so it would be nice to archive all of these timetables. When a service receives a timetable change (I'm waiting for the comments now, based on comments made elsewhere on the forum Wink), the timetable can move over to the Bygone Era from a new section which will be introduced somewhere else on the forum, holding all of the current timetables that are in use with the three big companies.
Go North East recently changed the format of all of their timetables too, which means that the old timetable format is also something which could be classed as 'bygone'.

I have added all of Go North East's timetables that were accurate as of November 2012 (when a lot of service changes took place), but I have not been able to source all of the timetables before/after then.

If anyone has a timetable collection (it doesn't matter which company they're from) that is now outdated as a result of service changes or withdrawals, I would appreciate it if you could e-mail it to dan@northeastbuses.co.uk and we will look into adding this to the Bygone Era shortly. We will be able to add the current timetables in use with companies ourselves, which should be done this evening when I get back home.

Cheers!

cbma06

15 Aug 2013, 3:49 pm #2
(15 Aug 2013, 3:05 pm)Daniel Hi everyone.

Cheers!

All you need to do is go on the bus company websites, when you download each timetable then you save each timetable and keep each bus company list of timetables in separate folders and when there is a change of bus service then you can add the new timetable in the selected folder with the old timetable of the service, and after time you will accumulate the selected timetable to that bus service from old to new.

Otherwise you could use the following website to look at old websites from the past and get the old timetables if you still remember the website addresses, it takes screen shots but also keeps link to the old timetables, sometimes the links are there and sometimes the links are not there:

http://archive.org/web/web.php

Remember, you cant post valid timetables on the site without the permission of the bus company it relates to, but you can post to the site as soon as the timetables are invalid due to an updated bus timetable comes into effect.
Edited 15 Aug 2013, 3:53 pm by cbma06.

cbma06
15 Aug 2013, 3:49 pm #2

(15 Aug 2013, 3:05 pm)Daniel Hi everyone.

Cheers!

All you need to do is go on the bus company websites, when you download each timetable then you save each timetable and keep each bus company list of timetables in separate folders and when there is a change of bus service then you can add the new timetable in the selected folder with the old timetable of the service, and after time you will accumulate the selected timetable to that bus service from old to new.

Otherwise you could use the following website to look at old websites from the past and get the old timetables if you still remember the website addresses, it takes screen shots but also keeps link to the old timetables, sometimes the links are there and sometimes the links are not there:

http://archive.org/web/web.php

Remember, you cant post valid timetables on the site without the permission of the bus company it relates to, but you can post to the site as soon as the timetables are invalid due to an updated bus timetable comes into effect.

Dan

Site Administrator

15 Aug 2013, 4:27 pm #3
I have already e-mailed the bus operators in question. While I await a response, the material will not be made visible to normal members.

Other websites do this and as the administration team have previously been in contact with members of management from each company, I am hoping it should be fine.
Dan
15 Aug 2013, 4:27 pm #3

I have already e-mailed the bus operators in question. While I await a response, the material will not be made visible to normal members.

Other websites do this and as the administration team have previously been in contact with members of management from each company, I am hoping it should be fine.

cbma06

15 Aug 2013, 4:49 pm #4
I know that who ever runs the following website was told to take down the Stagecoach timetables:

http://www.travelnortheast.co.uk/

in the Stageocoach bus timetable section

cbma06
15 Aug 2013, 4:49 pm #4

I know that who ever runs the following website was told to take down the Stagecoach timetables:

http://www.travelnortheast.co.uk/

in the Stageocoach bus timetable section

Dan

Site Administrator

15 Aug 2013, 5:06 pm #5
Yes, that's the site I was referring to above.

I'm hoping that - as I have contacts within Stagecoach NE management - a text followed by a more official e-mail may allow us to host them on the server.

Any operator can claim copyright infringement on the timetables, past or present. The documents are produced by the bus operators, but we are hosting them on our server. They don't belong to us, they belong to the bus operators - I will ensure that I comment on that in the post also.
Dan
15 Aug 2013, 5:06 pm #5

Yes, that's the site I was referring to above.

I'm hoping that - as I have contacts within Stagecoach NE management - a text followed by a more official e-mail may allow us to host them on the server.

Any operator can claim copyright infringement on the timetables, past or present. The documents are produced by the bus operators, but we are hosting them on our server. They don't belong to us, they belong to the bus operators - I will ensure that I comment on that in the post also.

DanPicken

Banned

15 Aug 2013, 6:19 pm #6
in the gne section it has the following which don't exist

1x, 30 from when it was ran by gne on evenings & sundays, 87, 319
DanPicken
15 Aug 2013, 6:19 pm #6

in the gne section it has the following which don't exist

1x, 30 from when it was ran by gne on evenings & sundays, 87, 319

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average