Menu

North East Buses The Canteen General off-topic chat Wrestling

Wrestling

Wrestling

• 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average

Pages (43): Previous 141 42 43
Rob44

23 Jun 2019, 7:40 am #841
To be Fair I though IMPACT would be awful but I quite enjoy it.... although the audience could be a little more up for the matches!!!

I record raw and smackdown and watch them later... I do tend to fast forward through most of it though

Sky are pissed cause the buy rate for the PPV it show has gone through the floor since the WWE network started up so they were't willing to pay WWE big money. BT did ( or payed more at least) and that's how its ended up on there. Agree that view figure will drop although most people I know have access to BT sport... they just done pay for it!
Rob44
23 Jun 2019, 7:40 am #841

To be Fair I though IMPACT would be awful but I quite enjoy it.... although the audience could be a little more up for the matches!!!

I record raw and smackdown and watch them later... I do tend to fast forward through most of it though

Sky are pissed cause the buy rate for the PPV it show has gone through the floor since the WWE network started up so they were't willing to pay WWE big money. BT did ( or payed more at least) and that's how its ended up on there. Agree that view figure will drop although most people I know have access to BT sport... they just done pay for it!

Adrian

03 Aug 2019, 4:25 pm #842
Trish Stratus returning at Summerslam to do the job for Charlotte then. Should be a good one to watch.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
03 Aug 2019, 4:25 pm #842

Trish Stratus returning at Summerslam to do the job for Charlotte then. Should be a good one to watch.

MurdnunoC

10 Aug 2019, 4:49 pm #843

(22 Jun 2019, 8:14 pm)Malarkey

Impact is awful and has been since Hulk Hogan debuted in 2010, prior to that when it was called TNA it was brilliant week in week out.

What an inaccurate generalisation!! While Impact is undoubtedly tarnished by its past (meaning the casual viewer will probably give it a miss), the on-screen product has improved and the roster is pretty decent, overall, it is worth a second glance if you are so inclined. However, with the advent of AEW and the emergence of indies such as MLW - both of whom have television deals; as well as the threat of promotions who can draw well such as New Japan; Impact's position as the Number 2 promotion in the US has long gone.

Also, TNA had more than its fair share of bad booking and crap programming long before Hulk Hogan came along. The X-Division was alright but TNA couldn't make stars out of the likes of A.J. Styles or Samoa Joe (just to name two) and relied heavily on ex-WWE/F or ex-WCW talent to, unsuccessfully, boost the mainstream appeal of the product. Hogan's arrival was, if anything, a continuation of this policy and, low and behold, it didn't work.

MurdnunoC
10 Aug 2019, 4:49 pm #843

(22 Jun 2019, 8:14 pm)Malarkey

Impact is awful and has been since Hulk Hogan debuted in 2010, prior to that when it was called TNA it was brilliant week in week out.

What an inaccurate generalisation!! While Impact is undoubtedly tarnished by its past (meaning the casual viewer will probably give it a miss), the on-screen product has improved and the roster is pretty decent, overall, it is worth a second glance if you are so inclined. However, with the advent of AEW and the emergence of indies such as MLW - both of whom have television deals; as well as the threat of promotions who can draw well such as New Japan; Impact's position as the Number 2 promotion in the US has long gone.

Also, TNA had more than its fair share of bad booking and crap programming long before Hulk Hogan came along. The X-Division was alright but TNA couldn't make stars out of the likes of A.J. Styles or Samoa Joe (just to name two) and relied heavily on ex-WWE/F or ex-WCW talent to, unsuccessfully, boost the mainstream appeal of the product. Hogan's arrival was, if anything, a continuation of this policy and, low and behold, it didn't work.

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

18 Dec 2019, 10:00 pm #844
No wrestling talk on here for a good while...

I started training about 5 weeks ago with Ryan Roode and loving it...

Though I want to be a manager and not an in-ring performer.

It's seem I'm making my managerial debut at MPW: Fight the Fight 2020 at Murton New Heseldon Club

Tim Strange w/Dennis Donovan v An Opponent of my choosing with the stipulation being whoever loses, there corner man gets there hair shaved off...

My mate has organised it as part of a Charity Night in aid of MacMillan Cancer Support

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
MrFozz
18 Dec 2019, 10:00 pm #844

No wrestling talk on here for a good while...

It's seem I'm making my managerial debut at MPW: Fight the Fight 2020 at Murton New Heseldon Club

Tim Strange w/Dennis Donovan v An Opponent of my choosing with the stipulation being whoever loses, there corner man gets there hair shaved off...

My mate has organised it as part of a Charity Night in aid of MacMillan Cancer Support

Adrian

22 Dec 2019, 9:22 pm #845
(18 Dec 2019, 10:00 pm)MrFozz No wrestling talk on here for a good while...

Congrats! Are you booked as a heel?

Adrian
22 Dec 2019, 9:22 pm #845

(18 Dec 2019, 10:00 pm)MrFozz No wrestling talk on here for a good while...

Congrats! Are you booked as a heel?

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

23 Dec 2019, 12:37 pm #846
(22 Dec 2019, 9:22 pm)Adrian Congrats! Are you booked as a heel?
Nah, the guys I'm up against are the Heels, proper weasley heels as well...

But it has come about after months of giving them Grief at Matches and loads of banter on Social Media, it all came to a head in Pegswood, when I smashed both Tim and Dennis with plates full of Squirty Cream in the face.

MrFozz
23 Dec 2019, 12:37 pm #846

(22 Dec 2019, 9:22 pm)Adrian Congrats! Are you booked as a heel?
Nah, the guys I'm up against are the Heels, proper weasley heels as well...

But it has come about after months of giving them Grief at Matches and loads of banter on Social Media, it all came to a head in Pegswood, when I smashed both Tim and Dennis with plates full of Squirty Cream in the face.

MurdnunoC

23 Dec 2019, 3:52 pm #847
(23 Dec 2019, 12:37 pm)MrFozz Nah, the guys I'm up against are the Heels, proper weasley heels as well...

Stipulation match in your debut too. That doesn't happen very often - unless you're a celebrity of course.
MurdnunoC
23 Dec 2019, 3:52 pm #847

(23 Dec 2019, 12:37 pm)MrFozz Nah, the guys I'm up against are the Heels, proper weasley heels as well...

Stipulation match in your debut too. That doesn't happen very often - unless you're a celebrity of course.

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

24 Dec 2019, 1:22 pm #848
(23 Dec 2019, 3:52 pm)MurdnunoC Stipulation match in your debut too. That doesn't happen very often - unless you're a celebrity of course.
It's because it is part of a Charity Night in aid of MacMillan Cancer Support...

https://m.facebook.com/events/5834906990...=permalink&id=596813571067841

MrFozz
24 Dec 2019, 1:22 pm #848

(23 Dec 2019, 3:52 pm)MurdnunoC Stipulation match in your debut too. That doesn't happen very often - unless you're a celebrity of course.
It's because it is part of a Charity Night in aid of MacMillan Cancer Support...

MurdnunoC

25 Dec 2019, 6:59 pm #849
(24 Dec 2019, 1:22 pm)MrFozz It's because it is part of a Charity Night in aid of MacMillan Cancer Support...

I might have a pop along if I'm not doing anything else.

Haven't seen Tim Strange since his WZW days which is now around 15 years ago. If memory serves, he wasn't exactly 'weedy' back then but I haven't seen his act lately and I have no idea who Dennis Donovan is.
MurdnunoC
25 Dec 2019, 6:59 pm #849

(24 Dec 2019, 1:22 pm)MrFozz It's because it is part of a Charity Night in aid of MacMillan Cancer Support...

I might have a pop along if I'm not doing anything else.

Haven't seen Tim Strange since his WZW days which is now around 15 years ago. If memory serves, he wasn't exactly 'weedy' back then but I haven't seen his act lately and I have no idea who Dennis Donovan is.

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

27 Dec 2019, 12:36 pm #850
(25 Dec 2019, 6:59 pm)MurdnunoC I might have a pop along if I'm not doing anything else.

Dennis is Tim's ever so irritating manager

MrFozz
27 Dec 2019, 12:36 pm #850

(25 Dec 2019, 6:59 pm)MurdnunoC I might have a pop along if I'm not doing anything else.

Dennis is Tim's ever so irritating manager

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

09 Jan 2020, 12:38 pm #851
The Card has been announced for MPW Fight the Fight at Murton New Heseldon on Feb 29th.

https://m.facebook.com/events/5834906990...=permalink&id=611584669590731

And this is what MPW has booked for the first partof 2020

[Image: 6c6f82af118981f6dac51e1dcc5322ac.jpg]

Edited 09 Jan 2020, 12:42 pm by MrFozz.
MrFozz
09 Jan 2020, 12:38 pm #851

The Card has been announced for MPW Fight the Fight at Murton New Heseldon on Feb 29th.

https://m.facebook.com/events/5834906990...=permalink&id=611584669590731

And this is what MPW has booked for the first partof 2020

[Image: 6c6f82af118981f6dac51e1dcc5322ac.jpg]

MurdnunoC

14 Mar 2020, 9:37 pm #852
How did your event go, Fozz?

I can't seem to find any results anywhere online.
MurdnunoC
14 Mar 2020, 9:37 pm #852

How did your event go, Fozz?

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

16 Mar 2020, 10:49 pm #853
(14 Mar 2020, 9:37 pm)MurdnunoC How did your event go, Fozz?

Went well mate, we raised over £1035.17 for MacMillan Cancer Support...

The night was set around Team Barrass against Team Donovan (Tim Strange's Manager)

Hulio w/Chris Cross bt. Ryan Roode
TIm Strange b Joseph Biggs...Tim winning meant I had my head shaved, as did my mates Mother.
Ragnar b. Wor Mick
Matty Mayhem bt Spike
Asylum Vs Mark Anthony
8 Man Tag...James Barrass got the win for his team and his and Team Barrass won overall.

MPW has another show at Murton Glebe Centre on April 4th, with tickets selling fast.

Also, Me and My are working on setting up a new Promotion in East Durham we have been asked to organise a Wrestling Event as part of the Murton Big Meeting in September, which is where we are debuting CCW (Colliery Championship Wrestling), after September we are going to try and put on a show on a more regular basis in all the old Mining Villages

MrFozz
16 Mar 2020, 10:49 pm #853

Went well mate, we raised over £1035.17 for MacMillan Cancer Support...

The night was set around Team Barrass against Team Donovan (Tim Strange's Manager)

Hulio w/Chris Cross bt. Ryan Roode
TIm Strange b Joseph Biggs...Tim winning meant I had my head shaved, as did my mates Mother.
Ragnar b. Wor Mick
Matty Mayhem bt Spike
Asylum Vs Mark Anthony
8 Man Tag...James Barrass got the win for his team and his and Team Barrass won overall.

MPW has another show at Murton Glebe Centre on April 4th, with tickets selling fast.

Also, Me and My are working on setting up a new Promotion in East Durham we have been asked to organise a Wrestling Event as part of the Murton Big Meeting in September, which is where we are debuting CCW (Colliery Championship Wrestling), after September we are going to try and put on a show on a more regular basis in all the old Mining Villages

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

19 May 2020, 3:38 am #854

Hey mate...

Are you still active Round here much...

Want to talk to you about something dude...

I will drop you a PM in a few days, or look me up on Social Media or E-Mail me

My Twitter
My Facebook
My E-Mail

MrFozz
19 May 2020, 3:38 am #854

Hey mate...

Are you still active Round here much...

Want to talk to you about something dude...

I will drop you a PM in a few days, or look me up on Social Media or E-Mail me

My Twitter
My Facebook
My E-Mail

Pages (43): Previous 141 42 43

• 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average