Menu

North East Buses The Canteen Off-topic bus chat Unknown local spottings / Unknown operator questions

Unknown local spottings / Unknown operator questions

Unknown local spottings / Unknown operator questions

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Pages (11): Previous 1 2 311 Next
Andreos1

15 Jan 2014, 8:48 pm #21
(15 Jan 2014, 8:44 pm)tyresmoke That was my first thought... Though I'm not sure whether they need yet more deckers with them buying the Lothian Tridents fairly recently?

I saw/heard an ex London President the other morning and it didn't sound too healthy.

Do they still have the alx400s?

Suppose these new ones could be replacements, with the originals used as donors or they are picking up more work and need extra capacity.

Not sure who else the vehicles which have been spotted could be for.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
15 Jan 2014, 8:48 pm #21

(15 Jan 2014, 8:44 pm)tyresmoke That was my first thought... Though I'm not sure whether they need yet more deckers with them buying the Lothian Tridents fairly recently?

I saw/heard an ex London President the other morning and it didn't sound too healthy.

Do they still have the alx400s?

Suppose these new ones could be replacements, with the originals used as donors or they are picking up more work and need extra capacity.

Not sure who else the vehicles which have been spotted could be for.

16 Jan 2014, 5:36 pm #22
Arriva London has released a number of DAF DB250 / Plaxton President to Arriva NW. If its them, I sampled one last March on a night bus and was impressed at how well it performed.

Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/
Who needs heroes anyway? Villians have more fun.
Rapidsnap
16 Jan 2014, 5:36 pm #22

Arriva London has released a number of DAF DB250 / Plaxton President to Arriva NW. If its them, I sampled one last March on a night bus and was impressed at how well it performed.

Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/
Who needs heroes anyway? Villians have more fun.

tyresmoke

16 Jan 2014, 5:38 pm #23
(16 Jan 2014, 5:36 pm)GMitchelhill Arriva London has released a number of DAF DB250 / Plaxton President to Arriva NW. If its them, I sampled one last March on a night bus and was impressed at how well it performed.

At the moment it looks very much like all of the Presidents are heading to North West... They're also starting to take Geminis at present though.

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

tyresmoke
16 Jan 2014, 5:38 pm #23

(16 Jan 2014, 5:36 pm)GMitchelhill Arriva London has released a number of DAF DB250 / Plaxton President to Arriva NW. If its them, I sampled one last March on a night bus and was impressed at how well it performed.

At the moment it looks very much like all of the Presidents are heading to North West... They're also starting to take Geminis at present though.

19 Feb 2014, 4:21 pm #24
(04 Sep 2013, 5:53 am)aureolin Something I've noticed from the ECML over the past two weeks, and I noticed we didn't really have a place for such things, hence the new thread.

On Earlsway at the North End of team valley - near the Royal Mail depot - there's what looks like a red and pale yellow vertical stripe liveried Olympian parked up. Anyone know anything about this or what it actually is?

Saw this today passing on the train. It looks like an atlantean to me, its in the N. E wholesale yard on Derwent Avenue off Earlsway incase anyones interested.
Edited 19 Feb 2014, 7:42 pm by MilkybarKid.
MilkybarKid
19 Feb 2014, 4:21 pm #24

(04 Sep 2013, 5:53 am)aureolin Something I've noticed from the ECML over the past two weeks, and I noticed we didn't really have a place for such things, hence the new thread.

On Earlsway at the North End of team valley - near the Royal Mail depot - there's what looks like a red and pale yellow vertical stripe liveried Olympian parked up. Anyone know anything about this or what it actually is?

Saw this today passing on the train. It looks like an atlantean to me, its in the N. E wholesale yard on Derwent Avenue off Earlsway incase anyones interested.

Adrian

20 Feb 2014, 7:55 pm #25
(19 Feb 2014, 4:21 pm)MilkybarKid Saw this today passing on the train. It looks like an atlantean to me, its in the N. E wholesale yard on Derwent Avenue off Earlsway incase anyones interested.

Cheers. Found it on Google Maps.

Anyone fancy a trip down at the weekend, in hope that the security staff will be reasonable enough to allow a quick snap? Big Grin

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
20 Feb 2014, 7:55 pm #25

(19 Feb 2014, 4:21 pm)MilkybarKid Saw this today passing on the train. It looks like an atlantean to me, its in the N. E wholesale yard on Derwent Avenue off Earlsway incase anyones interested.

Cheers. Found it on Google Maps.

Anyone fancy a trip down at the weekend, in hope that the security staff will be reasonable enough to allow a quick snap? Big Grin

Andreos1

16 Mar 2014, 10:07 am #26
A blue merc coach, parked in the Galleries bus link between the walk in centre and the leisure centre.
Didn't get a good look at it to id it - although there were no company names on the vehicles.

Andreos1
16 Mar 2014, 10:07 am #26

A blue merc coach, parked in the Galleries bus link between the walk in centre and the leisure centre.
Didn't get a good look at it to id it - although there were no company names on the vehicles.

S813 FVK

16 Mar 2014, 3:27 pm #27
(16 Mar 2014, 10:07 am)Andreos Constantopolous A blue merc coach, parked in the Galleries bus link between the walk in centre and the leisure centre.

Possibly with Hunters of Tantobie as there have been reported sightings of a new blue coach in their depot.
S813 FVK
16 Mar 2014, 3:27 pm #27

(16 Mar 2014, 10:07 am)Andreos Constantopolous A blue merc coach, parked in the Galleries bus link between the walk in centre and the leisure centre.

Possibly with Hunters of Tantobie as there have been reported sightings of a new blue coach in their depot.

Andreos1

17 Mar 2014, 9:59 am #28
Probably the most relevant thread to include it in.
The Sunderland AFC Delta, that tours the community - does anyone know where it is stabled overnight?

I have passed it several times on the A690 about 0830 near the Ramside Hall/West Rainton area, as it heads towards Sunderland.
Presumably, it is kept in the Durham area overnight, before heading to wherever its destination for the day.

Andreos1
17 Mar 2014, 9:59 am #28

Probably the most relevant thread to include it in.
The Sunderland AFC Delta, that tours the community - does anyone know where it is stabled overnight?

I have passed it several times on the A690 about 0830 near the Ramside Hall/West Rainton area, as it heads towards Sunderland.
Presumably, it is kept in the Durham area overnight, before heading to wherever its destination for the day.

Adrian

17 Mar 2014, 10:10 am #29
(17 Mar 2014, 9:59 am)Andreos Constantopolous Probably the most relevant thread to include it in.

Belmont according to the NEB fleet list. http://northeastbuses.co.uk/fleet/anefle...eetno=4022

Adrian
17 Mar 2014, 10:10 am #29

(17 Mar 2014, 9:59 am)Andreos Constantopolous Probably the most relevant thread to include it in.

Belmont according to the NEB fleet list. http://northeastbuses.co.uk/fleet/anefle...eetno=4022

Andreos1

17 Mar 2014, 10:19 am #30
(17 Mar 2014, 10:10 am)aureolin Belmont according to the NEB fleet list. http://northeastbuses.co.uk/fleet/anefle...eetno=4022

Would never have thought to have checked there, but cheers!

Edit:
Coming down the A1 tonight, was an Alx 400, decked out in Avon branding.
Guessing it was a promotional bus, which had been somewhere in the area over the course of today.

Edit: Saw the same Avon bus last night too as well as a TFL liveried Versa (smart blinded up), which was crawling up the A1 very slowly this morning.
Edited 19 Mar 2014, 3:25 pm by Andreos1.

Andreos1
17 Mar 2014, 10:19 am #30

(17 Mar 2014, 10:10 am)aureolin Belmont according to the NEB fleet list. http://northeastbuses.co.uk/fleet/anefle...eetno=4022

Would never have thought to have checked there, but cheers!

Edit:
Coming down the A1 tonight, was an Alx 400, decked out in Avon branding.
Guessing it was a promotional bus, which had been somewhere in the area over the course of today.

Edit: Saw the same Avon bus last night too as well as a TFL liveried Versa (smart blinded up), which was crawling up the A1 very slowly this morning.

Andreos1

03 Apr 2014, 5:42 pm #31
Ukar (what was Northern Rock) seem to have some sort of shuttle bus.
Saw it at Heworth not too long ago.

No operator branding, other than Ukar logos

Andreos1
03 Apr 2014, 5:42 pm #31

Ukar (what was Northern Rock) seem to have some sort of shuttle bus.

Andreos1

11 Apr 2014, 9:28 pm #32
Probably some bloke running it from an estate somewhere in Middlesbrough, but saw a Karaoke mini bus tonight.

M reg Merc, possibly a Patient Transport vehicle in its past life.

Lambrini, cheap perfume, VPL's and tacky birthday/hen party badges galore behind the tinted windows I fear.
Edited 11 Apr 2014, 9:28 pm by Andreos1.

Andreos1
11 Apr 2014, 9:28 pm #32

Probably some bloke running it from an estate somewhere in Middlesbrough, but saw a Karaoke mini bus tonight.

M reg Merc, possibly a Patient Transport vehicle in its past life.

Lambrini, cheap perfume, VPL's and tacky birthday/hen party badges galore behind the tinted windows I fear.

Adrian

11 Apr 2014, 10:57 pm #33
(11 Apr 2014, 9:28 pm)Andreos Constantopolous Lambrini, cheap perfume, VPL's and tacky birthday/hen party badges galore behind the tinted windows I fear.

Where do I sign up? Wink

Adrian
11 Apr 2014, 10:57 pm #33

(11 Apr 2014, 9:28 pm)Andreos Constantopolous Lambrini, cheap perfume, VPL's and tacky birthday/hen party badges galore behind the tinted windows I fear.

Where do I sign up? Wink

Andreos1

19 Jun 2014, 3:34 pm #34
(03 Apr 2014, 5:42 pm)Andreos Constantopolous Ukar (what was Northern Rock) seem to have some sort of shuttle bus.

Forgot to mention - saw this the other day.
The operator (saw the legals), is Sodexo Ltd.

It seems they have fingers in several pies - literally!

Andreos1
19 Jun 2014, 3:34 pm #34

(03 Apr 2014, 5:42 pm)Andreos Constantopolous Ukar (what was Northern Rock) seem to have some sort of shuttle bus.

Forgot to mention - saw this the other day.
The operator (saw the legals), is Sodexo Ltd.

It seems they have fingers in several pies - literally!

Andreos1

20 Sep 2014, 4:39 pm #35
I was down Newton Aycliffe way earlier and caught the tail end of a National (would recognise that roar anywhere) heading towards Darlo on the A167.
Didn't get a proper look - but it wasn't in 'local' colours.

Moments later, it went bombing back up in the opposite direction - again, didn't get a good look.
Not expecting to see it again, it took me by surprise, to see it heading back towards Darlo.

Anyone storing/restoring one in that area?
It sounded great.

Andreos1
20 Sep 2014, 4:39 pm #35

I was down Newton Aycliffe way earlier and caught the tail end of a National (would recognise that roar anywhere) heading towards Darlo on the A167.
Didn't get a proper look - but it wasn't in 'local' colours.

Moments later, it went bombing back up in the opposite direction - again, didn't get a good look.
Not expecting to see it again, it took me by surprise, to see it heading back towards Darlo.

Anyone storing/restoring one in that area?
It sounded great.

tyresmoke

20 Sep 2014, 8:22 pm #36
Wasn't one of Steve Foster's two was it? I see he was out doing a wedding today, with CKB166X

tyresmoke
20 Sep 2014, 8:22 pm #36

Wasn't one of Steve Foster's two was it? I see he was out doing a wedding today, with CKB166X

Adrian

20 Sep 2014, 8:29 pm #37
(20 Sep 2014, 8:22 pm)tyresmoke Wasn't one of Steve Foster's two was it? I see he was out doing a wedding today, with CKB166X

Sod the Limo. I'd turn up at my wedding in a National any day of the week. Smile

Adrian
20 Sep 2014, 8:29 pm #37

(20 Sep 2014, 8:22 pm)tyresmoke Wasn't one of Steve Foster's two was it? I see he was out doing a wedding today, with CKB166X

Sod the Limo. I'd turn up at my wedding in a National any day of the week. Smile

Andreos1

20 Sep 2014, 11:14 pm #38
@tyresmoke Ah, forgot about those. It looks like it could be the cream/white one. Not sure on engines, but it sounded like a raspy engined National, rather than the front engined ones.

@aureolin Hopefully NEB members will get back row seats on the bus and an invite to the wedding? Wink

Andreos1
20 Sep 2014, 11:14 pm #38

@tyresmoke Ah, forgot about those. It looks like it could be the cream/white one. Not sure on engines, but it sounded like a raspy engined National, rather than the front engined ones.

@aureolin Hopefully NEB members will get back row seats on the bus and an invite to the wedding? Wink

Philly rf

21 Sep 2014, 4:32 pm #39
Does anyone know what's happened to astley of ashington haven't seen any buses from them lately
Philly rf
21 Sep 2014, 4:32 pm #39

Does anyone know what's happened to astley of ashington haven't seen any buses from them lately

tyresmoke

21 Sep 2014, 6:20 pm #40
The Vario KP52UFL is often parked outside a house somewhere on the X22 route

tyresmoke
21 Sep 2014, 6:20 pm #40

The Vario KP52UFL is often parked outside a house somewhere on the X22 route

Pages (11): Previous 1 2 311 Next

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average