Menu

North East Buses The Bus Scene Elsewhere Bus Operators National Express

National Express

National Express

• 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average

Pages (3): 1 2 3 Next
Andreos1

16 Sep 2013, 11:17 am #1
A National Express coach has been blown off the motorway near Darlington.

Martin Emmerson from Radio Newcastle has just tweeted a photo of it too.

Quote:@Martycricket dangerous conditions on the A1 near Darlington.
Wind caught this coach. No passengers onboard. Driver escaped. pic.twitter.com/q5xOy
Andreos1
16 Sep 2013, 11:17 am #1

A National Express coach has been blown off the motorway near Darlington.

Martin Emmerson from Radio Newcastle has just tweeted a photo of it too.

Quote:@Martycricket dangerous conditions on the A1 near Darlington.
Wind caught this coach. No passengers onboard. Driver escaped. pic.twitter.com/q5xOy

Andreos1

16 Oct 2013, 4:27 pm #2
An EYMS coach in corporate livery was operating the National Express 448 to Grimsby earlier.

A branded NX vehicle was operating this mornings journey to London.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
16 Oct 2013, 4:27 pm #2

An EYMS coach in corporate livery was operating the National Express 448 to Grimsby earlier.

Kuyoyo

16 Oct 2013, 7:23 pm #3
(16 Oct 2013, 4:27 pm)Andreos1 An EYMS coach in corporate livery was operating the National Express 448 to Grimsby earlier.

That EYMS liveried coach will be one of the two Levantes they have in fleet livery. They are used jointly on both tour work and National Express although at present they are exclusively used on NX work due to delays in the delivery of their new Levantes (they are due 6 shortly for the work that they took over from Stagecoach back in the spring).
Kuyoyo
16 Oct 2013, 7:23 pm #3

(16 Oct 2013, 4:27 pm)Andreos1 An EYMS coach in corporate livery was operating the National Express 448 to Grimsby earlier.

That EYMS liveried coach will be one of the two Levantes they have in fleet livery. They are used jointly on both tour work and National Express although at present they are exclusively used on NX work due to delays in the delivery of their new Levantes (they are due 6 shortly for the work that they took over from Stagecoach back in the spring).

Andreos1

16 Oct 2013, 8:30 pm #4
(16 Oct 2013, 7:23 pm)Kuyoyo That EYMS liveried coach will be one of the two Levantes they have in fleet livery. They are used jointly on both tour work and National Express although at present they are exclusively used on NX work due to delays in the delivery of their new Levantes (they are due 6 shortly for the work that they took over from Stagecoach back in the spring).

Never knew that - do they have a depot in Grimsby to keep the vehicles in or do they run onto something else?

In quite a few towns across Lincolnshire where commercial services do not operate or are limited, the flags are actually labled as National Express stops, rather than say IC or Stagecoach

Andreos1
16 Oct 2013, 8:30 pm #4

(16 Oct 2013, 7:23 pm)Kuyoyo That EYMS liveried coach will be one of the two Levantes they have in fleet livery. They are used jointly on both tour work and National Express although at present they are exclusively used on NX work due to delays in the delivery of their new Levantes (they are due 6 shortly for the work that they took over from Stagecoach back in the spring).

Never knew that - do they have a depot in Grimsby to keep the vehicles in or do they run onto something else?

In quite a few towns across Lincolnshire where commercial services do not operate or are limited, the flags are actually labled as National Express stops, rather than say IC or Stagecoach

Kuyoyo

16 Oct 2013, 8:49 pm #5
(16 Oct 2013, 8:30 pm)Andreos1 Never knew that - do they have a depot in Grimsby to keep the vehicles in or do they run onto something else?

No, all EYMS National Express work is based out of Hull depot, meaning a lot of light running (though Grimsby is a lot closer to Hull than Whitby is now EYMS do the 563).
Kuyoyo
16 Oct 2013, 8:49 pm #5

(16 Oct 2013, 8:30 pm)Andreos1 Never knew that - do they have a depot in Grimsby to keep the vehicles in or do they run onto something else?

No, all EYMS National Express work is based out of Hull depot, meaning a lot of light running (though Grimsby is a lot closer to Hull than Whitby is now EYMS do the 563).

Andreos1

16 Oct 2013, 8:50 pm #6
(16 Oct 2013, 8:49 pm)Kuyoyo No, all EYMS National Express work is based out of Hull depot, meaning a lot of light running (though Grimsby is a lot closer to Hull than Whitby is now EYMS do the 563).

But it has the expense of crossing the Humber Bridge...

Andreos1
16 Oct 2013, 8:50 pm #6

(16 Oct 2013, 8:49 pm)Kuyoyo No, all EYMS National Express work is based out of Hull depot, meaning a lot of light running (though Grimsby is a lot closer to Hull than Whitby is now EYMS do the 563).

But it has the expense of crossing the Humber Bridge...

Kuyoyo

16 Oct 2013, 8:56 pm #7
(16 Oct 2013, 8:50 pm)Andreos1 But it has the expense of crossing the Humber Bridge...

I assume EY have a similar arrangement with the Humber Bridge operators as GNE do with the Tyne Tunnel - considering they also operate the 350 between Hull and Scunthorpe (jointly with Stagecoach - Stagecoach run 5 vehicles to EY's 1, branded as 'Fast Cats' in an allover orange) across the bridge.
Kuyoyo
16 Oct 2013, 8:56 pm #7

(16 Oct 2013, 8:50 pm)Andreos1 But it has the expense of crossing the Humber Bridge...

I assume EY have a similar arrangement with the Humber Bridge operators as GNE do with the Tyne Tunnel - considering they also operate the 350 between Hull and Scunthorpe (jointly with Stagecoach - Stagecoach run 5 vehicles to EY's 1, branded as 'Fast Cats' in an allover orange) across the bridge.

tyresmoke

16 Oct 2013, 9:40 pm #8

I wouldn't be surprised to find out EYMS are outstationing a coach in Whitby overnight.

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

tyresmoke
16 Oct 2013, 9:40 pm #8

I wouldn't be surprised to find out EYMS are outstationing a coach in Whitby overnight.

Malarkey

06 Feb 2014, 6:06 pm #9
At Dinner Time Today, Parks of Hamilton had Parks Branded Plaxton Elite 290 WE on the National Express Service 534 to Glasgow

http://www.flickr.com/photos/adammalarkey/12348020323/
Malarkey
06 Feb 2014, 6:06 pm #9

At Dinner Time Today, Parks of Hamilton had Parks Branded Plaxton Elite 290 WE on the National Express Service 534 to Glasgow

http://www.flickr.com/photos/adammalarkey/12348020323/

Andreos1

17 Mar 2014, 7:20 pm #10
Procrastinating badly whilst doing course work, listening to Absolute 90's and a Divine Comedy song came on.

Reminded me of this:

Andreos1
17 Mar 2014, 7:20 pm #10

Procrastinating badly whilst doing course work, listening to Absolute 90's and a Divine Comedy song came on.

Reminded me of this:

Adrian

12 May 2014, 5:39 pm #11
http://action.shareaction.org/page/s/nat...ers-rights

Quote:In less than 48 hours, National Express faces a critical vote on its treatment of workers at their annual shareholder meeting.

In America, National Express is failing staff in the school bus system and the communities who depend on this vital service. Conditions on school buses have been found to be dangerous for drivers and children who need to get to school - and for years, they have blocked the right for drivers to form a union.
Tell their directors to do the right thing on Wednesday - sign the petition below to stand with the workers of National Express!

To: Board of Directors, National Express Group

Please support better oversight of working standards by backing Resolution 22 at your Annual General Meeting on 14th May 2014.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
12 May 2014, 5:39 pm #11

http://action.shareaction.org/page/s/nat...ers-rights

Quote:In less than 48 hours, National Express faces a critical vote on its treatment of workers at their annual shareholder meeting.

In America, National Express is failing staff in the school bus system and the communities who depend on this vital service. Conditions on school buses have been found to be dangerous for drivers and children who need to get to school - and for years, they have blocked the right for drivers to form a union.
Tell their directors to do the right thing on Wednesday - sign the petition below to stand with the workers of National Express!

To: Board of Directors, National Express Group

Please support better oversight of working standards by backing Resolution 22 at your Annual General Meeting on 14th May 2014.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook

Andreos1

29 May 2014, 3:34 pm #12
Anyone know about the National Express Coach that has an Irish Shamrock in place of the nx logo?

It was heading into Durham on a Nottingham run earlier and it caught my attention.

Andreos1
29 May 2014, 3:34 pm #12

Anyone know about the National Express Coach that has an Irish Shamrock in place of the nx logo?

It was heading into Durham on a Nottingham run earlier and it caught my attention.

tyresmoke

29 May 2014, 3:37 pm #13
(29 May 2014, 3:34 pm)Andreos Constantopolous Anyone know about the National Express Coach that has an Irish Shamrock in place of the nx logo?

Yeah it's Silverdale's FJ10EZT. Sees use on the 329 every now and again

tyresmoke
29 May 2014, 3:37 pm #13

(29 May 2014, 3:34 pm)Andreos Constantopolous Anyone know about the National Express Coach that has an Irish Shamrock in place of the nx logo?

Yeah it's Silverdale's FJ10EZT. Sees use on the 329 every now and again

Andreos1

29 May 2014, 3:41 pm #14
(29 May 2014, 3:37 pm)tyresmoke Yeah it's Silverdale's FJ10EZT. Sees use on the 329 every now and again

Just had a neb on Flickr.
For all the miles I do, surprised to have never seen it about - especially as the coach has been in that livery for a few years.

Andreos1
29 May 2014, 3:41 pm #14

(29 May 2014, 3:37 pm)tyresmoke Yeah it's Silverdale's FJ10EZT. Sees use on the 329 every now and again

Just had a neb on Flickr.
For all the miles I do, surprised to have never seen it about - especially as the coach has been in that livery for a few years.

tyresmoke

29 May 2014, 3:43 pm #15
(29 May 2014, 3:41 pm)Andreos Constantopolous Just had a neb on Flickr.

They also have FJ61EWP in this years version of the Armed Forces Day livery.
Maybe we could put a list together of all of the non-standard National Express liveries ?

tyresmoke
29 May 2014, 3:43 pm #15

(29 May 2014, 3:41 pm)Andreos Constantopolous Just had a neb on Flickr.

They also have FJ61EWP in this years version of the Armed Forces Day livery.
Maybe we could put a list together of all of the non-standard National Express liveries ?

Andreos1

29 May 2014, 4:12 pm #16
(29 May 2014, 3:43 pm)tyresmoke They also have FJ61EWP in this years version of the Armed Forces Day livery.

Good thinking.
Up until this afternoon I wasn't aware of any non-standard - now you tell me there are more than two?

Andreos1
29 May 2014, 4:12 pm #16

(29 May 2014, 3:43 pm)tyresmoke They also have FJ61EWP in this years version of the Armed Forces Day livery.

Good thinking.
Up until this afternoon I wasn't aware of any non-standard - now you tell me there are more than two?

Dan

Site Administrator

29 May 2014, 4:15 pm #17
(29 May 2014, 4:12 pm)Andreos Constantopolous Good thinking.

Don't know if they still have these liveries as I haven't checked, but I've got photos of the following which aren't completely standard:

National Express: SR115 / FJ60HXY
Bruce Coaches of Salsburgh: FJ14GPV
Selwyn's Travel: FJ60EFV
Dan
29 May 2014, 4:15 pm #17

Don't know if they still have these liveries as I haven't checked, but I've got photos of the following which aren't completely standard:

Dan

Site Administrator

29 May 2014, 4:17 pm #18

Silverdale Tours of Nottingham: FJ61EWP
Dan
29 May 2014, 4:17 pm #18

Silverdale Tours of Nottingham: FJ61EWP

tyresmoke

29 May 2014, 4:18 pm #19

Yeah there is tons - here's another example, National Express' own FJ60HXY
.jpg
image.jpg
Size: 158.94 KB / Downloads: 25

tyresmoke
29 May 2014, 4:18 pm #19

Yeah there is tons - here's another example, National Express' own FJ60HXY
.jpg
image.jpg
Size: 158.94 KB / Downloads: 25

Andreos1

04 Jun 2014, 12:50 pm #20
Noticed a few of the National Express vehicles have had a yellow advert placed onto the rear of their vehicle.

I saw FJ60 KVR today and it appears the advert is for Leeds Festival.

Andreos1
04 Jun 2014, 12:50 pm #20

Noticed a few of the National Express vehicles have had a yellow advert placed onto the rear of their vehicle.

I saw FJ60 KVR today and it appears the advert is for Leeds Festival.

Pages (3): 1 2 3 Next

• 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average