Menu

North East Buses The Bus Scene Elsewhere Bus Operators Wales Bus Operations

Wales Bus Operations

Wales Bus Operations

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (2): Previous 1 2
08 Mar 2016, 6:04 pm #21
PG0004444/6 - HENLEYS BUS SERVICES LTD, HENLEYS COACH GARAGE, VICTOR ROAD, CWMTILLERY, ABERTILLERY, NP13 1HU
Variation Accepted: Operating between ABERTILLERY HIGH STREET and ABERTILLERY HIGH STREET given service number Tesco effective from 10-Apr-2016. To amend Timetable.
PG1067199/2 - PEAKES COACHES LTD, (BEHIND) UNIT 10, PONTNEWYNYDD INDUSTRIAL ESTATE, PONTNEWYNYDD, PONTYPOOL, NP4 6YW
Registration Accepted
Starting Point: Woodland View, Wyesham
Finish Point: Woodland View. Wyesham
Via: Justins Hill, Hillcrest Road, St James St, Dixton St
Service Number: P5
Service Type: Normal Stopping
Effective Date: 31-MAR-2016
Other Details: Monday to Saturday
PG1103747/5 - WATTS COACHES LTD, OLD POST GARAGE, BONVILSTON, CARDIFF, CF5 6TQ
Cancellation Accepted by SN: Operating between Llandough, Institute and Cardiff, Custom House Street given service number 89B effective from 07-Mar-2016.

PG1103747/6 - WATTS COACHES LTD, OLD POST GARAGE, BONVILSTON, CARDIFF, CF5 6TQ
Cancellation Accepted by SN: Operating between Dinas Powys and Cardiff, Custom House Street given service number 89A effective from 07-Mar-2016.
Edited 08 Mar 2016, 6:05 pm by NK53 TKT.
NK53 TKT
08 Mar 2016, 6:04 pm #21

PG0004444/6 - HENLEYS BUS SERVICES LTD, HENLEYS COACH GARAGE, VICTOR ROAD, CWMTILLERY, ABERTILLERY, NP13 1HU
Variation Accepted: Operating between ABERTILLERY HIGH STREET and ABERTILLERY HIGH STREET given service number Tesco effective from 10-Apr-2016. To amend Timetable.
PG1067199/2 - PEAKES COACHES LTD, (BEHIND) UNIT 10, PONTNEWYNYDD INDUSTRIAL ESTATE, PONTNEWYNYDD, PONTYPOOL, NP4 6YW
Registration Accepted
Starting Point: Woodland View, Wyesham
Finish Point: Woodland View. Wyesham
Via: Justins Hill, Hillcrest Road, St James St, Dixton St
Service Number: P5
Service Type: Normal Stopping
Effective Date: 31-MAR-2016
Other Details: Monday to Saturday
PG1103747/5 - WATTS COACHES LTD, OLD POST GARAGE, BONVILSTON, CARDIFF, CF5 6TQ
Cancellation Accepted by SN: Operating between Llandough, Institute and Cardiff, Custom House Street given service number 89B effective from 07-Mar-2016.

PG1103747/6 - WATTS COACHES LTD, OLD POST GARAGE, BONVILSTON, CARDIFF, CF5 6TQ
Cancellation Accepted by SN: Operating between Dinas Powys and Cardiff, Custom House Street given service number 89A effective from 07-Mar-2016.

PO51WNF

26 Jul 2016, 2:21 pm #22
Following the recent demise of Silcox, the outstation in Tenby seems to have been taken over by Edwards (see photo below).

I have not yet seen any Edwards vehicles parked there, though; the area seems to be being used as a general coach park for visiting coaches on daytrips.

[Image: 84048e22d267a50f160d764a34a3aa79.jpg]

Sent from my SM-G800F using Tapatalk
PO51WNF
26 Jul 2016, 2:21 pm #22

Following the recent demise of Silcox, the outstation in Tenby seems to have been taken over by Edwards (see photo below).

I have not yet seen any Edwards vehicles parked there, though; the area seems to be being used as a general coach park for visiting coaches on daytrips.

[Image: 84048e22d267a50f160d764a34a3aa79.jpg]

Sent from my SM-G800F using Tapatalk

Michael

24 Dec 2017, 10:45 am #23
‘I hope your new boss treats you like s***’ says failed operator'

http://www.route-one.net/articles/Employ...d_operator

Charming bloke!

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
24 Dec 2017, 10:45 am #23

‘I hope your new boss treats you like s***’ says failed operator'

http://www.route-one.net/articles/Employ...d_operator

Charming bloke!

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Michael

01 Jun 2020, 10:16 am #24
Yutong Bus & Coach
@YutongGlobal
14 #Yutong full electric city buses have been sent to the UK. The buses are expected to arrive in July. They will be put into operation in Newport, Wales. This is the first time a sizable volume of Chinese full electric CBU buses has been exported to the #UK. #Emobility #Evs

https://twitter.com/YutongGlobal/status/...9244663808

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
01 Jun 2020, 10:16 am #24

Yutong Bus & Coach
@YutongGlobal
14 #Yutong full electric city buses have been sent to the UK. The buses are expected to arrive in July. They will be put into operation in Newport, Wales. This is the first time a sizable volume of Chinese full electric CBU buses has been exported to the #UK. #Emobility #Evs

https://twitter.com/YutongGlobal/status/...9244663808

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

12 Jan 2021, 10:35 pm #25
http://www.wrexham.com/news/urgent-updat...98792.html

Seems like there's been a bit of an outbreak at Arriva's Wrexham depot
streetdeckfan
12 Jan 2021, 10:35 pm #25

http://www.wrexham.com/news/urgent-updat...98792.html

Seems like there's been a bit of an outbreak at Arriva's Wrexham depot

Andreos1

09 Feb 2022, 9:35 am #26
https://www.route-one.net/news/bus-trave...out-march/

Free buses in Newport throught March. 
This follows up a similar offer in the run up to Christmas.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
09 Feb 2022, 9:35 am #26

https://www.route-one.net/news/bus-trave...out-march/

Adrian

09 Feb 2022, 10:07 am #27
(09 Feb 2022, 9:35 am)Andreos1 https://www.route-one.net/news/bus-trave...out-march/

The only issue I have with it, is that it is very short-term thinking. I am not convinced that people using a bus for free for a couple of weeks in the run up to Christmas (or even during the month of March) will lead to long-term modal shift.

In the Christmas example, it was in place of free parking or other parking incentives being available, but when it reverts back to being bus fares vs parking charges, then people will continue to park every time. I'm not against not offering free or discounted parking, but I disagree with those who keep calling for parking to be more expensive to (force) move people to bus.

Harrogate seem to have a more long-term vision with theirs, albeit limited, by offering free travel on their electric fleet every Sunday. It'd be interesting to see how successful that has proven to be in modal shift though.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
09 Feb 2022, 10:07 am #27

(09 Feb 2022, 9:35 am)Andreos1 https://www.route-one.net/news/bus-trave...out-march/

The only issue I have with it, is that it is very short-term thinking. I am not convinced that people using a bus for free for a couple of weeks in the run up to Christmas (or even during the month of March) will lead to long-term modal shift.

In the Christmas example, it was in place of free parking or other parking incentives being available, but when it reverts back to being bus fares vs parking charges, then people will continue to park every time. I'm not against not offering free or discounted parking, but I disagree with those who keep calling for parking to be more expensive to (force) move people to bus.

Harrogate seem to have a more long-term vision with theirs, albeit limited, by offering free travel on their electric fleet every Sunday. It'd be interesting to see how successful that has proven to be in modal shift though.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook

Andreos1

09 Feb 2022, 10:27 am #28
(09 Feb 2022, 10:07 am)Adrian The only issue I have with it, is that it is very short-term thinking. I am not convinced that people using a bus for free for a couple of weeks in the run up to Christmas (or even during the month of March) will lead to long-term modal shift.

On one hand, I can see the positives behind the free travel. Whether it is in Newport or Harrogate. However, the free travel is only as good as the network that surrounds it.

As an example, you've shared concerns around the network in Washington on Sundays.
Some people may be tempted to make the switch full time.
For others though - once they have experienced the challenge of hanging around Concord bus station for a period of time due to an infrequent service and/or connections - I am not sure that is likely to tempt many to make the permanent switch.
Even if the interior rear wall of those Solos have something 'witty' or 'desirable' plastered all over it.

Andreos1
09 Feb 2022, 10:27 am #28

(09 Feb 2022, 10:07 am)Adrian The only issue I have with it, is that it is very short-term thinking. I am not convinced that people using a bus for free for a couple of weeks in the run up to Christmas (or even during the month of March) will lead to long-term modal shift.

On one hand, I can see the positives behind the free travel. Whether it is in Newport or Harrogate. However, the free travel is only as good as the network that surrounds it.

As an example, you've shared concerns around the network in Washington on Sundays.
Some people may be tempted to make the switch full time.
For others though - once they have experienced the challenge of hanging around Concord bus station for a period of time due to an infrequent service and/or connections - I am not sure that is likely to tempt many to make the permanent switch.
Even if the interior rear wall of those Solos have something 'witty' or 'desirable' plastered all over it.

Pages (2): Previous 1 2

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average