Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Operations, Management & Infrastructure Tender Discussion Thread

Tender Discussion Thread

Tender Discussion Thread

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (55): Previous 120 21 2255 Next
Dan

Site Administrator

27 Jan 2016, 5:18 pm #401
(27 Jan 2016, 5:10 pm)Ambassador Did Kingsley retain the 33 contract?

Nexus has not yet confirmed which operators have been awarded the contracts for the aforementioned tenders.
Dan
27 Jan 2016, 5:18 pm #401

(27 Jan 2016, 5:10 pm)Ambassador Did Kingsley retain the 33 contract?

Nexus has not yet confirmed which operators have been awarded the contracts for the aforementioned tenders.

Dan

Site Administrator

27 Jan 2016, 5:39 pm #402
Nexus has released further tenders, for contracts commencing later this year. Details summarised below:

Service 39 (Pennywell - Royal Hospital - Sunderland - Ryhope - Doxford Park - Doxford International)
Contract Period: 22/05/2016 - 20/05/2017
Currently operated by Go North East.

Contractual requirements:
Daily, evenings only.
3x low-floor Euro 4 vehicles with a minimum capacity of 36.

Service 516 (South Shields - The Coast - Harton Nook - South Tyneside District Hospital)
Contract Period: 22/05/2016 - 20/05/2017

Monday - Saturday only.
1x low-floor Euro 4 vehicles with a minimum capacity of 36.

Service 592 (Roker - Fulwell - Southwick - Downhill - Hylton Castle - Doxford International)
Currently operated by Gateshead Central Taxis

Monday - Friday only.
1x low-floor Euro 4 vehicle with a minimum capacity of 23.

Service 593 (Pallion Metro - Pennywell - Grindon - Thorney Close - East Herrington - Doxford International)

Monday - Friday only.
1x low-floor Euro 4 vehicle with a minimum capacity of 23.

Services 77/77A (Gilley Law - Sunderland - Docks - Gilley Law)
Currently operated by Stagecoach North East, as services 5/5A.

Daily
1x low-floor Euro 4 vehicle with a minimum capacity of 36.

Services 92, 83A, 937, 68 and 93A
Currently operated by Go North East

Monday - Saturday

Services 82/83 (Concord - Barmston - Washington Galleries - Ayton - Birtley)
Currently operated by Arriva North East

Daily, evenings only.

Services 85/86 (Concord - Blackfell - Washington Galleries - Columbia / Barmston Court)
Currently operated by Go North East

Daily, evenings only.
2x low-floor Euro 4 vehicles with a minimum capacity of 36.
Dan
27 Jan 2016, 5:39 pm #402

Nexus has released further tenders, for contracts commencing later this year. Details summarised below:

Service 39 (Pennywell - Royal Hospital - Sunderland - Ryhope - Doxford Park - Doxford International)

Daily, evenings only.

Service 516 (South Shields - The Coast - Harton Nook - South Tyneside District Hospital)

Monday - Saturday only.
1x low-floor Euro 4 vehicles with a minimum capacity of 36.

Service 592 (Roker - Fulwell - Southwick - Downhill - Hylton Castle - Doxford International)

Monday - Friday only.
1x low-floor Euro 4 vehicle with a minimum capacity of 23.

Service 593 (Pallion Metro - Pennywell - Grindon - Thorney Close - East Herrington - Doxford International)

Monday - Friday only.
1x low-floor Euro 4 vehicle with a minimum capacity of 23.

Daily

Services 92, 83A, 937, 68 and 93A
Currently operated by Go North East

Monday - Saturday

Daily, evenings only.

Services 85/86 (Concord - Blackfell - Washington Galleries - Columbia / Barmston Court)
Currently operated by Go North East

Daily, evenings only.
2x low-floor Euro 4 vehicles with a minimum capacity of 36.

Dan

Site Administrator

27 Jan 2016, 5:42 pm #403
(27 Jan 2016, 5:39 pm)Dan Services 77/77A (Gilley Law - Sunderland - Docks - Gilley Law)

Daily

I'm guessing that this will be the only one of great interest...

The service provides an all day service for Sunderland East End (The Docks) to the City Centre. Unlike the present 5/5A services, the service will be curtailed at Park Lane Interchange during the day. Evening and Sunday journeys continue to link Gilley Law, Thorney Close, Springwell, High Barnes, the Royal Hospital, the City Centre  and Sunderland East End (The Docks).
Dan
27 Jan 2016, 5:42 pm #403

(27 Jan 2016, 5:39 pm)Dan Services 77/77A (Gilley Law - Sunderland - Docks - Gilley Law)

Daily

I'm guessing that this will be the only one of great interest...

The service provides an all day service for Sunderland East End (The Docks) to the City Centre. Unlike the present 5/5A services, the service will be curtailed at Park Lane Interchange during the day. Evening and Sunday journeys continue to link Gilley Law, Thorney Close, Springwell, High Barnes, the Royal Hospital, the City Centre  and Sunderland East End (The Docks).

Michael

27 Jan 2016, 6:00 pm #404
(27 Jan 2016, 5:42 pm)Dan I'm guessing that this will be the only one of great interest...

That's surprising, what a pointless route - Docks to Park Lane.

Will Stagecoach continue to run it themselves during the day- like the Gilley Law to City Centre? 

If not people loosing loads of links here, i can see a lot of unhappy people!

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
27 Jan 2016, 6:00 pm #404

(27 Jan 2016, 5:42 pm)Dan I'm guessing that this will be the only one of great interest...

That's surprising, what a pointless route - Docks to Park Lane.

Will Stagecoach continue to run it themselves during the day- like the Gilley Law to City Centre? 

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Dan

Site Administrator

27 Jan 2016, 6:07 pm #405
(27 Jan 2016, 6:00 pm)Michael That's surprising, what a pointless route - Docks to Park Lane.

I wouldn't have thought that Stagecoach would take that section of the 5/5A services on commercially, but I could be wrong... I can only assume that Nexus is cost-cutting based on current demand of the 5/5A services?

Regarding lost links, there are quite a few alternative services which offer quicker journey times to the City Centre from locations served by the 5/5A services:

Gilley Law to City Centre - Stagecoach Service 13
Thorney Close to City Centre - Stagecoach Service 23
Springwell to City Centre - Stagecoach Service 16
Royal Hospital to City Centre - Stagecoach Service 16

The main lost link is between High Barnes and the City Centre - passengers here will be left with no alternative bus services, and will be forced to walk to Chester Road (several Go North East services and Stagecoach service 16), or Barnes Park Road (Go North East services 35/36).

Of course, there are lost links between the likes of Gilley Law and Springwell, for example, but I'm not sure how many people use the service for this purpose? During the day, the bus is planned to layover in Park Lane Interchange for 33 minutes, and each trip is only 3.40 miles in length (compared to the evening/Sunday variation which is 11.81 miles).
Dan
27 Jan 2016, 6:07 pm #405

(27 Jan 2016, 6:00 pm)Michael That's surprising, what a pointless route - Docks to Park Lane.

I wouldn't have thought that Stagecoach would take that section of the 5/5A services on commercially, but I could be wrong... I can only assume that Nexus is cost-cutting based on current demand of the 5/5A services?

Regarding lost links, there are quite a few alternative services which offer quicker journey times to the City Centre from locations served by the 5/5A services:

The main lost link is between High Barnes and the City Centre - passengers here will be left with no alternative bus services, and will be forced to walk to Chester Road (several Go North East services and Stagecoach service 16), or Barnes Park Road (Go North East services 35/36).

Of course, there are lost links between the likes of Gilley Law and Springwell, for example, but I'm not sure how many people use the service for this purpose? During the day, the bus is planned to layover in Park Lane Interchange for 33 minutes, and each trip is only 3.40 miles in length (compared to the evening/Sunday variation which is 11.81 miles).

Michael

27 Jan 2016, 6:16 pm #406
(27 Jan 2016, 6:07 pm)Dan I can only assume that Nexus is cost-cutting based on current demand of the 5/5A services?

I hope its only the NEXUS part of the route..... as they only fund that part i think... didn't Stagecoach replace the 14/14A with the 5/5A when they were withdrawn due to loss of links in the Barnes area?

If anyone knows Barnes, a lot of old people rely on the services, i would hate them to see them have to walk to Chester Road/Durham Road for a bus..... the Link between Springwell and Gilley Law, not sure how well its used tbh.

That is a long layover.... no doubt it'll be hourly to?

If Stagecoach are running the service between Gilley Law and the City Centre only then that's alright...

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
27 Jan 2016, 6:16 pm #406

(27 Jan 2016, 6:07 pm)Dan I can only assume that Nexus is cost-cutting based on current demand of the 5/5A services?

I hope its only the NEXUS part of the route..... as they only fund that part i think... didn't Stagecoach replace the 14/14A with the 5/5A when they were withdrawn due to loss of links in the Barnes area?

If anyone knows Barnes, a lot of old people rely on the services, i would hate them to see them have to walk to Chester Road/Durham Road for a bus..... the Link between Springwell and Gilley Law, not sure how well its used tbh.

If Stagecoach are running the service between Gilley Law and the City Centre only then that's alright...

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Dan

Site Administrator

27 Jan 2016, 6:25 pm #407
(27 Jan 2016, 6:16 pm)Michael I hope its only the NEXUS part of the route..... as they only fund that part i think... didn't Stagecoach replace the 14/14A with the 5/5A when they were withdrawn due to loss of links in the Barnes area?

You may be right...! Just had a quick look through for the current contract, and only one bus worth of work is partially secured at the moment. The weekday PVR of the 5/5A services is 3.

Yes, the new contract is an hourly service.
Dan
27 Jan 2016, 6:25 pm #407

(27 Jan 2016, 6:16 pm)Michael I hope its only the NEXUS part of the route..... as they only fund that part i think... didn't Stagecoach replace the 14/14A with the 5/5A when they were withdrawn due to loss of links in the Barnes area?

You may be right...! Just had a quick look through for the current contract, and only one bus worth of work is partially secured at the moment. The weekday PVR of the 5/5A services is 3.

Michael

27 Jan 2016, 6:47 pm #408
(27 Jan 2016, 6:25 pm)Dan You may be right...! Just had a quick look through for the current contract, and only one bus worth of work is partially secured at the moment. The weekday PVR of the 5/5A services is 3.

That's not bad, i would imagine the 5/5A will do a loop around the city centre like the 12 does now - if Stagecoach are running the normal route from Gilley Law and City Centre.

The PVR will probables drop to 2.. then the extra Enviro will replace a dart.

Edit:

It also means Stagecoach can just have the 5 - instead of the 5 and 5A......
Edited 27 Jan 2016, 6:54 pm by Michael.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
27 Jan 2016, 6:47 pm #408

(27 Jan 2016, 6:25 pm)Dan You may be right...! Just had a quick look through for the current contract, and only one bus worth of work is partially secured at the moment. The weekday PVR of the 5/5A services is 3.

That's not bad, i would imagine the 5/5A will do a loop around the city centre like the 12 does now - if Stagecoach are running the normal route from Gilley Law and City Centre.

The PVR will probables drop to 2.. then the extra Enviro will replace a dart.

Edit:

It also means Stagecoach can just have the 5 - instead of the 5 and 5A......

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Ambassador

27 Jan 2016, 11:22 pm #409
Thanks Dan. 

I've become a regular user of the 33, always a nice ride on interesting stock from Kinglseys.

I'll miss it when my office moves to Quroum business

Wistfully stuck in the 90s
Ambassador
27 Jan 2016, 11:22 pm #409

Thanks Dan. 

I've become a regular user of the 33, always a nice ride on interesting stock from Kinglseys.

I'll miss it when my office moves to Quroum business

Wistfully stuck in the 90s

Michael

30 Jan 2016, 11:51 am #410
After looking around i found that NEXUS only fund the City Centre - Docks part of the route, as Stagecoach fund the Gilley Law - City Centre themselves, obviously meaning that part of the route would only change if Stagecoach wants it to - this is for service 5/5A.

---------

Stagecoach will probables change the route in the City Centre to do a loop around it, so the route in the City Centre would be something like this: Fawcett Steet - Athenaeum street - John Street - Green Terrace
Edited 30 Jan 2016, 11:51 am by Michael.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
30 Jan 2016, 11:51 am #410

After looking around i found that NEXUS only fund the City Centre - Docks part of the route, as Stagecoach fund the Gilley Law - City Centre themselves, obviously meaning that part of the route would only change if Stagecoach wants it to - this is for service 5/5A.

---------

Stagecoach will probables change the route in the City Centre to do a loop around it, so the route in the City Centre would be something like this: Fawcett Steet - Athenaeum street - John Street - Green Terrace

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Michael

01 Feb 2016, 3:48 pm #411
When will we find out who has won the latest contracts?

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
01 Feb 2016, 3:48 pm #411

When will we find out who has won the latest contracts?

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

S813 FVK

01 Feb 2016, 3:55 pm #412
(01 Feb 2016, 3:48 pm)Michael When will we find out who has won the latest contracts?

When nexus releases them.
S813 FVK
01 Feb 2016, 3:55 pm #412

(01 Feb 2016, 3:48 pm)Michael When will we find out who has won the latest contracts?

When nexus releases them.

Michael

01 Feb 2016, 3:57 pm #413
(01 Feb 2016, 3:55 pm)S813 FVK When nexus releases them.

So the day before with NEXUS Tongue

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
01 Feb 2016, 3:57 pm #413

(01 Feb 2016, 3:55 pm)S813 FVK When nexus releases them.

So the day before with NEXUS Tongue

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Dan

Site Administrator

03 Feb 2016, 4:55 pm #414
(27 Nov 2015, 4:30 pm)Dan Service 15/15A (Kenton Shops - Newcastle City Centre - Walker)
Contract Period: 20/03/2016 - 18/03/2017
Currently operated by Stagecoach North East.

Saturdays Only
4x low-floor Euro 4 vehicles with a minimum capacity of 36 - full size single deck/double deck vehicles are not suitable for this route.

Awarded to Stagecoach North East.

(27 Nov 2015, 4:30 pm)Dan Service 35 (Newcastle City Centre - Red House Farm - Newcastle City Centre)

Saturdays Only
2x low-floor Euro 4 vehicles with a minimum capacity of 49 - full size single deck/double deck vehicles are not suitable for this route.

(04 Dec 2015, 4:36 pm)Dan This contract has now been revised to operate from North Shields to Earsdon Village only. The PVR of this service is therefore reduced to one vehicle, and the final journey of the day from Earsdon Village is now 22:26 instead of 23:25 (previously 22:57 from Cramlington).

There are no alterations to vehicle specification, and the contract period remains the same.

Awarded to Arriva North East.
Dan
03 Feb 2016, 4:55 pm #414

(27 Nov 2015, 4:30 pm)Dan Service 15/15A (Kenton Shops - Newcastle City Centre - Walker)

Saturdays Only
4x low-floor Euro 4 vehicles with a minimum capacity of 36 - full size single deck/double deck vehicles are not suitable for this route.

(27 Nov 2015, 4:30 pm)Dan Service 35 (Newcastle City Centre - Red House Farm - Newcastle City Centre)

Saturdays Only
2x low-floor Euro 4 vehicles with a minimum capacity of 49 - full size single deck/double deck vehicles are not suitable for this route.

(04 Dec 2015, 4:36 pm)Dan This contract has now been revised to operate from North Shields to Earsdon Village only. The PVR of this service is therefore reduced to one vehicle, and the final journey of the day from Earsdon Village is now 22:26 instead of 23:25 (previously 22:57 from Cramlington).

There are no alterations to vehicle specification, and the contract period remains the same.

DanPicken

Banned

03 Feb 2016, 6:02 pm #415
(03 Feb 2016, 4:55 pm)Dan Awarded to Stagecoach North East.

Gutted, would of been good if someone else got it.
DanPicken
03 Feb 2016, 6:02 pm #415

(03 Feb 2016, 4:55 pm)Dan Awarded to Stagecoach North East.

Gutted, would of been good if someone else got it.

Kuyoyo

09 Feb 2016, 6:56 pm #416
(27 Nov 2015, 4:30 pm)Dan Service 57A (Cramlington - Seaton Delaval - Whitley Bay - North Tyneside General Hospital - North Shields)
Currently operated by Arriva North East.

Daily, evenings only.
2x low-floor Euro 4 vehicles with a minimum capacity of 36.

Arriva have now confirmed the reason for this change on Facebook:

Quote:This is correct Sharon. The service in the evening is operated under contract and was previously supported jointly by Nexus and Northumberland County Council, but NCC have cut their funding. The service is now only supported in Tyne & Wear. We are continuing with a small number of previously supported journeys on a commercial basis, but the evening service will mostly be discontinued within Northumberland and operate between North Shields and Earsdon only.
Kuyoyo
09 Feb 2016, 6:56 pm #416

(27 Nov 2015, 4:30 pm)Dan Service 57A (Cramlington - Seaton Delaval - Whitley Bay - North Tyneside General Hospital - North Shields)
Currently operated by Arriva North East.

Daily, evenings only.
2x low-floor Euro 4 vehicles with a minimum capacity of 36.

Arriva have now confirmed the reason for this change on Facebook:

Quote:This is correct Sharon. The service in the evening is operated under contract and was previously supported jointly by Nexus and Northumberland County Council, but NCC have cut their funding. The service is now only supported in Tyne & Wear. We are continuing with a small number of previously supported journeys on a commercial basis, but the evening service will mostly be discontinued within Northumberland and operate between North Shields and Earsdon only.

Michael

29 Feb 2016, 11:49 am #417
(27 Jan 2016, 5:39 pm)Dan Nexus has released further tenders, for contracts commencing later this year. Details summarised below:

Daily, evenings only.

Daily

Heard GNE have kept the 39 and Stagecoach will run the 77/77A.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
29 Feb 2016, 11:49 am #417

(27 Jan 2016, 5:39 pm)Dan Nexus has released further tenders, for contracts commencing later this year. Details summarised below:

Daily, evenings only.

Daily

Heard GNE have kept the 39 and Stagecoach will run the 77/77A.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Dan

Site Administrator

29 Feb 2016, 1:16 pm #418
(29 Feb 2016, 11:49 am)Michael Heard GNE have kept the 39 and Stagecoach will run the 77/77A.

Nexus have not yet sent out an e-mail (at least not to me) to state who the tenders have been awarded to.
Dan
29 Feb 2016, 1:16 pm #418

(29 Feb 2016, 11:49 am)Michael Heard GNE have kept the 39 and Stagecoach will run the 77/77A.

Nexus have not yet sent out an e-mail (at least not to me) to state who the tenders have been awarded to.

Michael

29 Feb 2016, 1:19 pm #419
(29 Feb 2016, 1:16 pm)Dan Nexus have not yet sent out an e-mail (at least not to me) to state who the tenders have been awarded to.

Ah oh well, i was just sharing what i was told! 

Anyway, how do you get an email about it, is that because you work for GNE?

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
29 Feb 2016, 1:19 pm #419

(29 Feb 2016, 1:16 pm)Dan Nexus have not yet sent out an e-mail (at least not to me) to state who the tenders have been awarded to.

Ah oh well, i was just sharing what i was told! 

Anyway, how do you get an email about it, is that because you work for GNE?

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Michael

04 Mar 2016, 12:04 pm #420

Daily, evenings only.

Deleted my last post, as to many edits.....

Spotted this on the GNE page:

Hi Go North East. Is it true Arriva have lost the contract for the evening shift of the 82 bus that goes through Birtley? If so will you be taking over full contract and running the bus through Northside? Last bus up here 7.20 on a night and doesn't run on a Sunday. My work is compromised as I can't work past 7 o clock as have to run for last bus or taxi. Can't do later shifts as can't get home.

GNE reply: Any changes to the 82 service will be announced on our website in advance of it's implementation. Unfortunately I have no further details at this present moment in time, apologies.

------------------------------------------------------

From Arriva North East on Facebook:

We will no longer be operating this Nexus contracted service after 21st May. The comments will need to be directed to Nexus. Thanks

-------------

Wonder who has won the 82 then... GNE?

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
04 Mar 2016, 12:04 pm #420

Daily, evenings only.

Deleted my last post, as to many edits.....

Spotted this on the GNE page:

Hi Go North East. Is it true Arriva have lost the contract for the evening shift of the 82 bus that goes through Birtley? If so will you be taking over full contract and running the bus through Northside? Last bus up here 7.20 on a night and doesn't run on a Sunday. My work is compromised as I can't work past 7 o clock as have to run for last bus or taxi. Can't do later shifts as can't get home.

GNE reply: Any changes to the 82 service will be announced on our website in advance of it's implementation. Unfortunately I have no further details at this present moment in time, apologies.

------------------------------------------------------

From Arriva North East on Facebook:

We will no longer be operating this Nexus contracted service after 21st May. The comments will need to be directed to Nexus. Thanks

-------------

Wonder who has won the 82 then... GNE?

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Pages (55): Previous 120 21 2255 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average