Menu

North East Buses Other Forms of Transport Railways Blyth & Tyne Line

Blyth & Tyne Line

Blyth & Tyne Line

• 2 Vote(s) - 1.5 Average

Pages (6): Previous 13 4 5 6 Next
10 Nov 2021, 6:32 pm #61
(10 Nov 2021, 8:41 am)Andreos1 https://lm.facebook.com/l.php?u=https%3A...%2F3ou8f91&h=AT3e_mbLRA0yCfpJRfYlVIpDOL2kVjskx9gD5bssCo0_04b199_o0sf75aLAfExvQRN3WKvpm9beWMMVRjYGvgtiCOFWtqmdXAKV4ymkBXCg1rR1dlpKj80GiSqJhFDI314iClG4Rs46OAzw

Hearing regarding the B&T line to go ahead.
Economic Powerhouse, another laughable Tory rattler.
54APhotography
10 Nov 2021, 6:32 pm #61

(10 Nov 2021, 8:41 am)Andreos1 https://lm.facebook.com/l.php?u=https%3A...%2F3ou8f91&h=AT3e_mbLRA0yCfpJRfYlVIpDOL2kVjskx9gD5bssCo0_04b199_o0sf75aLAfExvQRN3WKvpm9beWMMVRjYGvgtiCOFWtqmdXAKV4ymkBXCg1rR1dlpKj80GiSqJhFDI314iClG4Rs46OAzw

Hearing regarding the B&T line to go ahead.
Economic Powerhouse, another laughable Tory rattler.

Rob44

15 Nov 2021, 5:57 pm #62
I just read on a form that the HS2 extension to Leeds is going to be scrapped and someone has commented that the blyth and tyne line is not going to happen due to arriva objecting? Not sure how true this is though?
Rob44
15 Nov 2021, 5:57 pm #62

I just read on a form that the HS2 extension to Leeds is going to be scrapped and someone has commented that the blyth and tyne line is not going to happen due to arriva objecting? Not sure how true this is though?

15 Nov 2021, 6:12 pm #63
(15 Nov 2021, 5:57 pm)Rob44 I just read on a form that the HS2 extension to Leeds is going to be scrapped and someone has commented that the blyth and tyne line is  not going to happen due to arriva objecting?  Not sure how true this is though?
The regime has cut the amount of money for the B&T, meaning Northumbria Council must pick up the bill. Arriva have lodged an objection but the enquiry isn't until March next year.
54APhotography
15 Nov 2021, 6:12 pm #63

(15 Nov 2021, 5:57 pm)Rob44 I just read on a form that the HS2 extension to Leeds is going to be scrapped and someone has commented that the blyth and tyne line is  not going to happen due to arriva objecting?  Not sure how true this is though?
The regime has cut the amount of money for the B&T, meaning Northumbria Council must pick up the bill. Arriva have lodged an objection but the enquiry isn't until March next year.

Adrian

15 Nov 2021, 6:13 pm #64
(15 Nov 2021, 6:12 pm)54APhotography The regime has cut the amount of money for the B&T, meaning Northumbria Council must pick up the bill. Arriva have lodged an objection but the enquiry isn't until March next year.

Typical Tories. Promise the world and deliver a slap in the face.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
15 Nov 2021, 6:13 pm #64

(15 Nov 2021, 6:12 pm)54APhotography The regime has cut the amount of money for the B&T, meaning Northumbria Council must pick up the bill. Arriva have lodged an objection but the enquiry isn't until March next year.

Typical Tories. Promise the world and deliver a slap in the face.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook

15 Nov 2021, 7:07 pm #65
(15 Nov 2021, 6:13 pm)Adrian Typical Tories. Promise the world and deliver a slap in the face.
And I warned as much. No Leamisde, No ECML upgrade, No HS2 to Leeds, and now slashing their commitment to the B&T to around £60m of the £128m needed to reach the £162m overall cost..
54APhotography
15 Nov 2021, 7:07 pm #65

(15 Nov 2021, 6:13 pm)Adrian Typical Tories. Promise the world and deliver a slap in the face.
And I warned as much. No Leamisde, No ECML upgrade, No HS2 to Leeds, and now slashing their commitment to the B&T to around £60m of the £128m needed to reach the £162m overall cost..

02 Mar 2023, 6:23 am #66
News or discussion abouth the Northumberland Line here

February newsletter

https://www.northumberlandline.uk/post/n...r-february
NEbushopper
02 Mar 2023, 6:23 am #66

News or discussion abouth the Northumberland Line here

February newsletter

Andreos1

02 Mar 2023, 9:32 am #67
(02 Mar 2023, 6:23 am)NEbushopper News or discussion abouth the Northumberland Line here

February newsletter

https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forum/showt...hp?tid=978&pid=266986#pid266986

There already is a thread Wink

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
02 Mar 2023, 9:32 am #67

(02 Mar 2023, 6:23 am)NEbushopper News or discussion abouth the Northumberland Line here

February newsletter

https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forum/showt...hp?tid=978&pid=266986#pid266986

03 Mar 2023, 6:11 am #68
(02 Mar 2023, 9:32 am)Andreos1 https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forum/showt...hp?tid=978&pid=266986#pid266986

did'nt see this one because it was buried
NEbushopper
03 Mar 2023, 6:11 am #68

(02 Mar 2023, 9:32 am)Andreos1 https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forum/showt...hp?tid=978&pid=266986#pid266986

did'nt see this one because it was buried

busmanT

06 Mar 2023, 8:19 pm #69

I wonder if there will be integrated bus/train tickets and integrated bus/train timetables?
busmanT
06 Mar 2023, 8:19 pm #69

I wonder if there will be integrated bus/train tickets and integrated bus/train timetables?

07 Mar 2023, 7:16 pm #70
What they want first is a bus from Blyth Town Centre to Newsham/Bebside and from Bedlington Town Centre to Bedlington Station. Great Idea and will hopefully see the light of day.
NEbushopper
07 Mar 2023, 7:16 pm #70

What they want first is a bus from Blyth Town Centre to Newsham/Bebside and from Bedlington Town Centre to Bedlington Station. Great Idea and will hopefully see the light of day.

Storx

07 Mar 2023, 9:01 pm #71
(07 Mar 2023, 7:16 pm)NEbushopper What they want first is a bus from Blyth Town Centre to Newsham/Bebside and from Bedlington Town Centre to Bedlington Station. Great Idea and will hopefully see the light of day.

In fairness they already exist.

The 2/X21 do Bedlington to Bedlington Station
The X8/X10 do Blyth to Newsham
The X9 does Blyth to Bebside.

Whether those routes exist after the rail station comes is a different matter, wouldn't be surprised to see the X21/X22 dropped to both half hourly though and god knows with the X7 - X11 but I doubt there'll be demand for 8 buses between Blyth -> Cramlington -> Newcastle as now.
Storx
07 Mar 2023, 9:01 pm #71

(07 Mar 2023, 7:16 pm)NEbushopper What they want first is a bus from Blyth Town Centre to Newsham/Bebside and from Bedlington Town Centre to Bedlington Station. Great Idea and will hopefully see the light of day.

In fairness they already exist.

Whether those routes exist after the rail station comes is a different matter, wouldn't be surprised to see the X21/X22 dropped to both half hourly though and god knows with the X7 - X11 but I doubt there'll be demand for 8 buses between Blyth -> Cramlington -> Newcastle as now.

L469 YVK

19 Mar 2023, 12:41 am #72
(07 Mar 2023, 9:01 pm)Storx In fairness they already exist.

X8 is the basket case which needs to go.

Best way for a restructure would be:
- X9 - every 30 mins - Same as now Blyth to Cramlington then as per X10/X11 to Newcastle

- X9/X10/X11 (with X10/X11 still every 30 mins) - Up to every 10 mins Blyth - Parkside - Cramlington - Newcastle

- X7 - every 30 minutes or....every 20 but reduced to single deckers - Could interwork with 44/45 if still every 30 minutes

- 42 - Cramlington - High Pit - Annitsford - Fern Drive then as per current 43 to Newcastle - Every 30 mins with hourly extension to Morpeth

- 43 - Cramlington - Beacon Hill - Seaton Burn then as per current 43 to Newcastle - Every 30 mins with hourly extension to Blyth via current X8 route but also serving Amersham Road
L469 YVK
19 Mar 2023, 12:41 am #72

(07 Mar 2023, 9:01 pm)Storx In fairness they already exist.

X8 is the basket case which needs to go.

- X9 - every 30 mins - Same as now Blyth to Cramlington then as per X10/X11 to Newcastle

- X9/X10/X11 (with X10/X11 still every 30 mins) - Up to every 10 mins Blyth - Parkside - Cramlington - Newcastle

- X7 - every 30 minutes or....every 20 but reduced to single deckers - Could interwork with 44/45 if still every 30 minutes

- 42 - Cramlington - High Pit - Annitsford - Fern Drive then as per current 43 to Newcastle - Every 30 mins with hourly extension to Morpeth

- 43 - Cramlington - Beacon Hill - Seaton Burn then as per current 43 to Newcastle - Every 30 mins with hourly extension to Blyth via current X8 route but also serving Amersham Road

Storx

19 Mar 2023, 12:09 pm #73
(19 Mar 2023, 12:41 am)L469 YVK X8 is the basket case which needs to go.

See personally they need to do more, they need to change the routes in Blyth imo so there's only 4 buses max doing express routes from Cramlington to Newcastle and terminate some short in Cramlington, there's no need for so many buses when the train comes.

Personally in Cramlington though I'd have two expresses:
Every 20 Minutes via the X11 Route
Every 20 Minutes via the X9 Route

Then you've covered the vast majority of Cramlington, just need to find a way to make them work across to Blyth maybe using the 43. I wouldn't slow down Beacon Hill services though there's massive housing developments in that area.

With the X7 I'd seriously considering terminating some short at Holywell, it's not particularly busy the other half of the route anyway and look at something else to cover Seaton Delaval to Blyth going elsewhere maybe towards Shiremoor etc.

Maybe Every 20 Minutes, Newcastle to Holywell via Fern Drive and hourly from there to Blyth. People from New Hartley are likely to walk to the new rail station and beyond there it's not busy really and the resources arguably are better on the other half of the route which won't be affected by the railway especially if the X8 didn't exist.
Storx
19 Mar 2023, 12:09 pm #73

(19 Mar 2023, 12:41 am)L469 YVK X8 is the basket case which needs to go.

See personally they need to do more, they need to change the routes in Blyth imo so there's only 4 buses max doing express routes from Cramlington to Newcastle and terminate some short in Cramlington, there's no need for so many buses when the train comes.

Then you've covered the vast majority of Cramlington, just need to find a way to make them work across to Blyth maybe using the 43. I wouldn't slow down Beacon Hill services though there's massive housing developments in that area.

With the X7 I'd seriously considering terminating some short at Holywell, it's not particularly busy the other half of the route anyway and look at something else to cover Seaton Delaval to Blyth going elsewhere maybe towards Shiremoor etc.

Maybe Every 20 Minutes, Newcastle to Holywell via Fern Drive and hourly from there to Blyth. People from New Hartley are likely to walk to the new rail station and beyond there it's not busy really and the resources arguably are better on the other half of the route which won't be affected by the railway especially if the X8 didn't exist.

Andreos1

19 Mar 2023, 12:21 pm #74
(19 Mar 2023, 12:09 pm)Storx See personally they need to do more, they need to change the routes in Blyth imo so there's only 4 buses max doing express routes from Cramlington to Newcastle and terminate some short in Cramlington, there's no need for so many buses when the train comes.

See I'd have thought they would adapt and look to feed in from the train.
They can't stop people making the switch, but they can look at the first and final mile journeys from the stations to home and vice versa.

From what I've seen in Scotland and to a lesser extent elsewhere, it works well when it is implemented. 

A bit of joined up thinking never hurt anyone.

Mind, I've seen it ignored completely and operators not looked at the potential of thousands of customers who would benefit from the final/first mile principle too mind.

Andreos1
19 Mar 2023, 12:21 pm #74

(19 Mar 2023, 12:09 pm)Storx See personally they need to do more, they need to change the routes in Blyth imo so there's only 4 buses max doing express routes from Cramlington to Newcastle and terminate some short in Cramlington, there's no need for so many buses when the train comes.

See I'd have thought they would adapt and look to feed in from the train.
They can't stop people making the switch, but they can look at the first and final mile journeys from the stations to home and vice versa.

From what I've seen in Scotland and to a lesser extent elsewhere, it works well when it is implemented. 

Mind, I've seen it ignored completely and operators not looked at the potential of thousands of customers who would benefit from the final/first mile principle too mind.

Storx

19 Mar 2023, 1:53 pm #75
(19 Mar 2023, 12:21 pm)Andreos1 See I'd have thought they would adapt and look to feed in from the train.

Honestly can't disagree but we know fine well it won't happen. It'll be the old, 'people aren't using buses we want money!!!' approach instead.
Like personally if I was in charge I'd seriously be looking at something like:

X64 SEATON VALLEY EXPRESS (Every 20 Minutes)
Newcastle - South Gosforth - Quorum - Burradon - Fern Drive - Seghill - Elsdon Avenue - Tillmouth Avenue
Hourly Extension: New Hartley - Seaton Sluice - Blyth omitting Amersham Drive

X9 CRAMLINGTON EXPRESS (Every 20 Minutes)*
Newcastle - Beacon Hill - Cramlington - Northumbria Road - Horton Drive (Loop)

X10 FAST EXPRESS (Every 30 Minutes):
Newcastle - Cramlington - High Pit - Newsham - Plessey Road - A193 - Waterloo Road

X11 SEMI EXPRESS (Every 30 Minutes)
Newcastle - Cramlington - High Pit - Newsham - Druridge Drive - Newsham Road - Ogle Drive - Albion Way - Tynedale Drive - Briardale Road - Cowpen Road - A193 - Waterloo Road
Map: https://www.google.com/maps/dir/55.06465...0d!1m0!3e0

42 (Every 30 Minutes)
Newcastle - Seaton Burn - Dudley - A1171 - Northumbria Hospital - High Pit - Cramlington - A1171 - East Hartford

43 (Every 30 Minutes)*
Newcastle - Seaton Burn - Dudley - Cramlington - Northumbria Road - Newsham Station - Amersham Drive - Plessey Road - Blyth

Extended to Morpeth Hourly instead of 43

Extended to Blyth Hourly via Northumbria Road - Horton Drive - Newsham - Newsham Road - A193 - Waterloo Road

57 (Every 30 Minutes)*
Ashington - Bedlington - Cramlington - [Direct] - Annitsford - Seghill - Seaton Delaval - Holywell - Whitley Bay

19 (Every Hour)
Cramlington - Northumbria Hospital - East Cramlington - New Hartley - The Avenue - A192 - Elsdon Avenue - Seghill - Current Route

X21 (Dropped Every 30 Minutes)
X22 (Dropped Every 30 Minutes)
58 (Withdrawn)
X7 (Withdrawn and replaced with X64)
X8 (Withdrawn)
X9 (Blyth to Cramlington Withdrawn, mostly replaced by new X10)

X22/57 (Every 15 Minutes, Stakeford to Bedlington)
1/X21 (Every 15 Minutes, Bedlington Station to Ashington)
2/X21 (Every 15 Minutes, Bedlington Station to Bedlington)
X63/X64 (Every 10 Minutes, Newcastle to Quorum)
X10/X11 (Every 15 Minutes, Cramlington to Newcastle via Dudley)

It would work much better than what's there now imo and be more than enough with new links on the 53 from Blyth to Killingworth and beyond (if anyone wants it - but it's there). With the 1/2/X11 interworking with the trains giving more links around Blyth.

*Future proofed to serve the new Cramlington South West development when it's built.
Storx
19 Mar 2023, 1:53 pm #75

(19 Mar 2023, 12:21 pm)Andreos1 See I'd have thought they would adapt and look to feed in from the train.

Honestly can't disagree but we know fine well it won't happen. It'll be the old, 'people aren't using buses we want money!!!' approach instead.

Newcastle - South Gosforth - Quorum - Burradon - Fern Drive - Seghill - Elsdon Avenue - Tillmouth Avenue

Newcastle - Cramlington - High Pit - Newsham - Plessey Road - A193 - Waterloo Road

Newcastle - Cramlington - High Pit - Newsham - Druridge Drive - Newsham Road - Ogle Drive - Albion Way - Tynedale Drive - Briardale Road - Cowpen Road - A193 - Waterloo Road

42 (Every 30 Minutes)
Newcastle - Seaton Burn - Dudley - A1171 - Northumbria Hospital - High Pit - Cramlington - A1171 - East Hartford

43 (Every 30 Minutes)*
Newcastle - Seaton Burn - Dudley - Cramlington - Northumbria Road - Newsham Station - Amersham Drive - Plessey Road - Blyth

Extended to Blyth Hourly via Northumbria Road - Horton Drive - Newsham - Newsham Road - A193 - Waterloo Road

57 (Every 30 Minutes)*
Ashington - Bedlington - Cramlington - [Direct] - Annitsford - Seghill - Seaton Delaval - Holywell - Whitley Bay

19 (Every Hour)
Cramlington - Northumbria Hospital - East Cramlington - New Hartley - The Avenue - A192 - Elsdon Avenue - Seghill - Current Route

58 (Withdrawn)
X8 (Withdrawn)

It would work much better than what's there now imo and be more than enough with new links on the 53 from Blyth to Killingworth and beyond (if anyone wants it - but it's there). With the 1/2/X11 interworking with the trains giving more links around Blyth.

*Future proofed to serve the new Cramlington South West development when it's built.

19 Mar 2023, 2:54 pm #76
(19 Mar 2023, 1:53 pm)Storx 52

like the idea of the 52 going to Morpeth instead of the 43.
NEbushopper
19 Mar 2023, 2:54 pm #76

(19 Mar 2023, 1:53 pm)Storx 52

like the idea of the 52 going to Morpeth instead of the 43.

Storx

19 Mar 2023, 3:02 pm #77
(19 Mar 2023, 2:54 pm)NEbushopper like the idea of the 52 going to Morpeth instead of the 43.

Makes sense to me as it would open new links like Killingworth and Quorum to Bedlington and Morpeth. Not saying anyone actually wants to do that mind but the 43 just duplicates the X21/X22 really.

Would help with some of the driver changeovers aswell as they could potentially run the 52/55 all from Morpeth sorting out the driver problem with it doing something like

52 (Long) -> 55 -> 52 (Short) -> 52 (Short) -> 55 -> 52 (Long)

The 51/54 could then interwork with the new long 57 like 57 -> 51 -> 54 -> 57 or 57 -> 54 -> 51 -> 57.

Arguably cheaper than shuttling drivers around with the 53 running from Blyth (reason I extended that).
Storx
19 Mar 2023, 3:02 pm #77

(19 Mar 2023, 2:54 pm)NEbushopper like the idea of the 52 going to Morpeth instead of the 43.

Makes sense to me as it would open new links like Killingworth and Quorum to Bedlington and Morpeth. Not saying anyone actually wants to do that mind but the 43 just duplicates the X21/X22 really.

Would help with some of the driver changeovers aswell as they could potentially run the 52/55 all from Morpeth sorting out the driver problem with it doing something like

52 (Long) -> 55 -> 52 (Short) -> 52 (Short) -> 55 -> 52 (Long)

The 51/54 could then interwork with the new long 57 like 57 -> 51 -> 54 -> 57 or 57 -> 54 -> 51 -> 57.

Arguably cheaper than shuttling drivers around with the 53 running from Blyth (reason I extended that).

Andreos1

19 Mar 2023, 5:02 pm #78
(19 Mar 2023, 1:53 pm)Storx Honestly can't disagree but we know fine well it won't happen. It'll be the old, 'people aren't using buses we want money!!!' approach instead. 

42 (Every 30 Minutes)

43 (Every 30 Minutes)*

57 (Every 30 Minutes)*

19 (Every Hour)

58 (Withdrawn)
X8 (Withdrawn)

I've often imaginged the conversation to be like this between them. 

Operator: hey, how's it going? We need some help. 

DfT: yeah, good thanks. Haven't seen you for a few weeks. Hit me up. What do you need? 

Operator: Well, we tried painting the buses funky colours, we installed some WiFi and plugs and still nothing. 

DfT: Is that the WiFi and stuff that we helped pay for?

Operator: That's the ones! We developed the app using data from the ticket machines you helped pay for too. 

DfT: Still no joy? 

Operator: Nah, the passengers still aren't coming. We blame covid. 

DfT: Have you asked the passengers what they want or where they want to go on your buses? 

Operator: Don't be daft. That would be too much hard work. Plus they keep changing their habits. Anyway, we've brought along Oliver. 

DfT: Who is Oliver? Is he the new guy in your commercial department? 

Operator: Don't be daft, we just keep the same faces and sometimes mix it up a bit with people from other companies. It's what we call our begging bowl. Please sir, can we have some more? 

DfT: Of course you can. Tell you what, we've got a dead horse too. We will throw in a stick to keep hitting it with, along with a share of a few billion pounds. 
See you in a couple of weeks!

Andreos1
19 Mar 2023, 5:02 pm #78

(19 Mar 2023, 1:53 pm)Storx Honestly can't disagree but we know fine well it won't happen. It'll be the old, 'people aren't using buses we want money!!!' approach instead. 

42 (Every 30 Minutes)

43 (Every 30 Minutes)*

57 (Every 30 Minutes)*

19 (Every Hour)

58 (Withdrawn)
X8 (Withdrawn)

I've often imaginged the conversation to be like this between them. 

DfT: yeah, good thanks. Haven't seen you for a few weeks. Hit me up. What do you need? 

Operator: Well, we tried painting the buses funky colours, we installed some WiFi and plugs and still nothing. 

Operator: That's the ones! We developed the app using data from the ticket machines you helped pay for too. 

DfT: Have you asked the passengers what they want or where they want to go on your buses? 

Operator: Don't be daft. That would be too much hard work. Plus they keep changing their habits. Anyway, we've brought along Oliver. 

Operator: Don't be daft, we just keep the same faces and sometimes mix it up a bit with people from other companies. It's what we call our begging bowl. Please sir, can we have some more? 

DfT: Of course you can. Tell you what, we've got a dead horse too. We will throw in a stick to keep hitting it with, along with a share of a few billion pounds. 

Storx

19 Mar 2023, 9:34 pm #79
(19 Mar 2023, 5:02 pm)Andreos1 I've often imaginged the conversation to be like this between them. 

Ha that made me laugh, not think it'll be more like this though up here

Operator: Hey I'm struggling to pay the shareholders and my bonus this year, do us a favour.

DfT: Erm erm erm, erm, can you not cut some more stuff instead.

Operator: I've done that, the driver's are all on strike I can't do anything and we've already sold the depots to top the funds up.

DfT: Oh strikes, they don't look good, let's see what I can do.

-- Checks accounts --

DfT: Covid, good excuse that one we'll give you some more money people will fall for that. Just remember to mention Ukraine aswell, that ones popular.

Operator: Thanks man, I'll make sure we'll make it up sometime soon.

DfT: No worries, it's not our money. Can call it levelling up aswell and mention Consett 10 times. Suckers up North!!

Operator: Yeah and it'll shut that clown Gannon up, he does my head in.

DfT: Oh he's a right prick.
Storx
19 Mar 2023, 9:34 pm #79

(19 Mar 2023, 5:02 pm)Andreos1 I've often imaginged the conversation to be like this between them. 

Ha that made me laugh, not think it'll be more like this though up here

Operator: Hey I'm struggling to pay the shareholders and my bonus this year, do us a favour.

DfT: Erm erm erm, erm, can you not cut some more stuff instead.

Operator: I've done that, the driver's are all on strike I can't do anything and we've already sold the depots to top the funds up.

DfT: Oh strikes, they don't look good, let's see what I can do.

-- Checks accounts --

DfT: Covid, good excuse that one we'll give you some more money people will fall for that. Just remember to mention Ukraine aswell, that ones popular.

Operator: Thanks man, I'll make sure we'll make it up sometime soon.

DfT: No worries, it's not our money. Can call it levelling up aswell and mention Consett 10 times. Suckers up North!!

Operator: Yeah and it'll shut that clown Gannon up, he does my head in.

DfT: Oh he's a right prick.

Rob44

12 Apr 2023, 2:16 pm #80
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tyne-65243820

bridge tripled in cost
Rob44
12 Apr 2023, 2:16 pm #80

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tyne-65243820

bridge tripled in cost

Pages (6): Previous 13 4 5 6 Next

• 2 Vote(s) - 1.5 Average