Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Stagecoach North East Stagecoach North East: Fleet Vehicle History

Stagecoach North East: Fleet Vehicle History

Stagecoach North East: Fleet Vehicle History

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Dan

Site Administrator

15 Oct 2014, 6:29 pm #7
(15 Oct 2014, 6:17 pm)AIG20 This, and another, very useful website has unfortunately been taken offline. Sad

I think it's quite humorous that copyright infringement has been claimed to be the reasoning for the closure of this website. Knowing the owner of this website still views this website, I'll bite!

1. Overview
Copyright protects your work and stops others from using it without your permission.
You automatically get copyright protection when you create:
  • original non-literary written work, eg software, web content and databases
'Original' being the key word here? If information had been sourced from this website and other sources before publication on that website, how could this be considered original..? Perhaps I have misunderstood the context of this section, however.

4. Copyright
You can’t copy or use copyright material without permission. For example, you can’t buy a painting and then use copies of it for a book cover, or buy a CD and use a track from it in a film.
To use something protected by copyright you must either:
  • agree a licence with the owner to use it

Would you argue this post could potentially be considered to be a 'license' to use some information from the Vehicle Profiles section of that user's website? If push came to shove, I think it could be perceived as that - especially when I am sure I had been granted permission to use the website previously too!

Permitted use of copyright works
You may not need permission if you’re using a copyright work for the following reasons:
  • non-commercial research and private study
The information which had been quoted and referenced from the website in question to this website was being freely distributed and I'd argue it could be classed as 'non-commercial research' too.

Do you reckon Stagecoach gave the owner of this website permission to modify their registered trademark?

The whole situation is laughable. It's a shame that this website has been taken offline, but the reasoning for its closure is somewhat silly.
Dan
15 Oct 2014, 6:29 pm #7

(15 Oct 2014, 6:17 pm)AIG20 This, and another, very useful website has unfortunately been taken offline. Sad

I think it's quite humorous that copyright infringement has been claimed to be the reasoning for the closure of this website. Knowing the owner of this website still views this website, I'll bite!

1. Overview
Copyright protects your work and stops others from using it without your permission.
You automatically get copyright protection when you create:
  • original non-literary written work, eg software, web content and databases
'Original' being the key word here? If information had been sourced from this website and other sources before publication on that website, how could this be considered original..? Perhaps I have misunderstood the context of this section, however.

4. Copyright
You can’t copy or use copyright material without permission. For example, you can’t buy a painting and then use copies of it for a book cover, or buy a CD and use a track from it in a film.
To use something protected by copyright you must either:
  • agree a licence with the owner to use it

Would you argue this post could potentially be considered to be a 'license' to use some information from the Vehicle Profiles section of that user's website? If push came to shove, I think it could be perceived as that - especially when I am sure I had been granted permission to use the website previously too!

Permitted use of copyright works
You may not need permission if you’re using a copyright work for the following reasons:
  • non-commercial research and private study
The information which had been quoted and referenced from the website in question to this website was being freely distributed and I'd argue it could be classed as 'non-commercial research' too.

Do you reckon Stagecoach gave the owner of this website permission to modify their registered trademark?

The whole situation is laughable. It's a shame that this website has been taken offline, but the reasoning for its closure is somewhat silly.

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Messages In This Thread
Stagecoach North East: Fleet Vehicle History - by Dan - 29 May 2014, 1:18 pm
RE: Stagecoach North East Fleet Vehicle History - by Dan - 29 May 2014, 1:23 pm
RE: Stagecoach North East Fleet Vehicle History - by stagecoachbusdepot - 29 May 2014, 2:07 pm
RE: Stagecoach North East: Fleet Vehicle History - by DanPicken - 10 Jan 2016, 10:27 am