Menu

North East Buses Other Forms of Transport Railways Safety within the railways

Safety within the railways

Safety within the railways

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

LeeCalder

12 Jun 2015, 10:29 am #1
I hope it is okay to start this thread....

I just watched a video called 'Trainspotter Moments, Episode 9.5: Mayhem at Manors', now if you watch the full video you will see that these idiots are running around on the platform when there is on coming trains, they are even trying to pick up a bottle of coca-cola which has fell on the tracks!

The are obviously oblivious to the possible dangers of doing all of this.

Running around like headless chickens on an un-manned station is always a bad idea when you would quite easily injure yourself, and especially when there is an oncoming Voyager.

They are then trying to collect a bottle of coca-cola which has fell onto the tracks with the legs of a tripod! One of the spotters points out that there is a double yellow going Northbound, but there is a red signal southbound. Do they not realize that just because the signal is red it doesn't mean that there is not a train coming! A train can still come along the tracks but it has to stop at the red signal because of danger ahead. The obviously don't realzie that the signal near Heaton TMD is yellow and a train might be passing!

So please take a couple of moments to watch the video which I have just mentioned and then read the Network Rail's Railway Enthusiast Guide to Trainspotting for your own safety.

Network Rail's Railway Enthusiast's Guide to Safe Trainspotting

Thanks
LeeCalder
12 Jun 2015, 10:29 am #1

I hope it is okay to start this thread....

I just watched a video called 'Trainspotter Moments, Episode 9.5: Mayhem at Manors', now if you watch the full video you will see that these idiots are running around on the platform when there is on coming trains, they are even trying to pick up a bottle of coca-cola which has fell on the tracks!

The are obviously oblivious to the possible dangers of doing all of this.

Running around like headless chickens on an un-manned station is always a bad idea when you would quite easily injure yourself, and especially when there is an oncoming Voyager.

They are then trying to collect a bottle of coca-cola which has fell onto the tracks with the legs of a tripod! One of the spotters points out that there is a double yellow going Northbound, but there is a red signal southbound. Do they not realize that just because the signal is red it doesn't mean that there is not a train coming! A train can still come along the tracks but it has to stop at the red signal because of danger ahead. The obviously don't realzie that the signal near Heaton TMD is yellow and a train might be passing!

So please take a couple of moments to watch the video which I have just mentioned and then read the Network Rail's Railway Enthusiast Guide to Trainspotting for your own safety.

Network Rail's Railway Enthusiast's Guide to Safe Trainspotting

Thanks

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Messages In This Thread
Safety within the railways - by LeeCalder - 12 Jun 2015, 10:29 am
RE: Safety within the railways - by omnicity4659 - 12 Jun 2015, 10:48 am
RE: Safety within the railways - by LeeCalder - 12 Jun 2015, 10:54 am
RE: Safety within the railways - by LeeCalder - 25 Jun 2015, 2:16 pm