Menu

North East Buses The Bus Scene Elsewhere Bus Events (Elsewhere) Bus Events Elsewhere

Bus Events Elsewhere

Bus Events Elsewhere

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Adrian

13 May 2018, 9:55 pm #1
General thread for discussion of bus events elsewhere

I headed to Scarborough today for the 'Scarborough BusFest' today. The second consecutive year that I've attended, and I see it is only the third year they have been running the event. The BusFest utilises a decent size square car park, which is just up the bank adjacent from Peasholm Park. 

I thoroughly enjoyed the day. There was again a decent turn out of preserved vehicles, and I managed to have a ride on ex-First Volvo Olympian/Alexander RL (R641 HYG), ex-EYMS Dennis MPD/Plaxton (W471 UAG) and two runs on Bristol LH6L/ECW (AFB 586V). I also managed a quick service bus trip on a Shoreline Suncruisers, ex-Lothian, Dennis Trident 2/Plaxton President (V522 ESC). 

The event is really well organised in my opinion and there were a good number of stewards about for assistance. The site layout was OK, but it could have done with a bit more spacing in between some of the buses, and the actual location of the site is really good for photos. It is ideally placed to photograph vehicles entering and exiting the site. There were a number of trade stalls, and also an ice cream van for snacks, drinks, etc. The programme for the rally was reasonably priced at £3 and it provided a timetable for the bus services leaving the site, and what vehicle was allocated to each run. It is well worth purchasing the programme for this reason.

The only negative that I can think of, is that there was only a single current service bus, in the form of a Scarborough & District E200MMC. This was used as a rally control vehicle, therefore did not run out on the day, and was difficult to really have a look at. Despite growing up with Atlanteans, Nationals, Olympians, etc, I am just as interested in modern buses, so it was a bit disappointing not to see any. A Coastliner B5TL was present last year, and I enjoyed having a ride round the coast on that.

As a potential improvement, it would be nice if the bus routes officially stopped on the seafront. If you don't visit Scarborough much or at all, then it is worth having a walk up and down, and having a bit of the 'seaside resort' experience! Thoroughly enjoyed a quick visit to the arcades, and also the fantastic curry and chips purchased - just watch out for those seagulls!  Big Grin

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
13 May 2018, 9:55 pm #1

General thread for discussion of bus events elsewhere

I headed to Scarborough today for the 'Scarborough BusFest' today. The second consecutive year that I've attended, and I see it is only the third year they have been running the event. The BusFest utilises a decent size square car park, which is just up the bank adjacent from Peasholm Park. 

I thoroughly enjoyed the day. There was again a decent turn out of preserved vehicles, and I managed to have a ride on ex-First Volvo Olympian/Alexander RL (R641 HYG), ex-EYMS Dennis MPD/Plaxton (W471 UAG) and two runs on Bristol LH6L/ECW (AFB 586V). I also managed a quick service bus trip on a Shoreline Suncruisers, ex-Lothian, Dennis Trident 2/Plaxton President (V522 ESC). 

The event is really well organised in my opinion and there were a good number of stewards about for assistance. The site layout was OK, but it could have done with a bit more spacing in between some of the buses, and the actual location of the site is really good for photos. It is ideally placed to photograph vehicles entering and exiting the site. There were a number of trade stalls, and also an ice cream van for snacks, drinks, etc. The programme for the rally was reasonably priced at £3 and it provided a timetable for the bus services leaving the site, and what vehicle was allocated to each run. It is well worth purchasing the programme for this reason.

The only negative that I can think of, is that there was only a single current service bus, in the form of a Scarborough & District E200MMC. This was used as a rally control vehicle, therefore did not run out on the day, and was difficult to really have a look at. Despite growing up with Atlanteans, Nationals, Olympians, etc, I am just as interested in modern buses, so it was a bit disappointing not to see any. A Coastliner B5TL was present last year, and I enjoyed having a ride round the coast on that.

As a potential improvement, it would be nice if the bus routes officially stopped on the seafront. If you don't visit Scarborough much or at all, then it is worth having a walk up and down, and having a bit of the 'seaside resort' experience! Thoroughly enjoyed a quick visit to the arcades, and also the fantastic curry and chips purchased - just watch out for those seagulls!  Big Grin

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Messages In This Thread
Bus Events Elsewhere - by Adrian - 13 May 2018, 9:55 pm
Bus Events Elsewhere - by Jimmi - 13 May 2018, 10:12 pm
RE: Bus Events Elsewhere - by Andreos1 - 20 Dec 2018, 11:46 am
Bus Events Elsewhere - by Jimmi - 30 Apr 2019, 9:56 pm
RE: Bus Events Elsewhere - by Adrian - 03 May 2019, 6:46 pm
RE: Bus Events Elsewhere - by Andreos1 - 14 Feb 2020, 3:19 pm
RE: Bus Events Elsewhere - by BusLoverMum - 14 Feb 2020, 4:08 pm
RE: Bus Events Elsewhere - by Andreos1 - 14 Feb 2020, 5:39 pm
RE: Bus Events Elsewhere - by BusLoverMum - 15 Feb 2020, 12:02 am