Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Bygone Era Old Bus Routes (Washington)

Old Bus Routes (Washington)

Old Bus Routes (Washington)

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

06 Jun 2020, 7:11 pm #1
Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone can help with a few things. I've been thinking a lot about the Bygone Era lately, particularly the Go-Ahead Northern era which was by far my favourite. I've been watching a few videos on the Busflix Films channel on YouTube which has brought back a few memories and got me thinking about some of the old Washington bus services that I used to travel on or see as a kid.

Does anyone have any Timetables for the following services that ran in the early 90s please: -

1) Services 177/8. I'm sure these ran on Evenings and Sundays around the whole of Washington including Barmston where I live,although I'm not sure of the full route. I'm sure these services were replaced by the "Orange Mini-Link Route" usually with the number 602, which is now more or less the current 83/4 route. They were usually operated by the Dodge/Renault and or Iveco minibuses

2) Service X83 Sunderland - Washington - MetroCentre?

3) Service X89 - Brady Sq - Washington - Heworth - Newcastle

4) Calvary Coaches service 380 as seen here on Busflix: - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxrchFqjats&list=PLH8KK8FsudUjn3f7Tl6Qj8S0K-r60WXSC&index=10 at around 6:57 Don't think I ever used this service but I remember seeing it.

5) Service 594 as seen here in the White/Blue/Red National on the same video as above at 3:26. I don't seem to recall this service at all

Finally this is probably a daft question as you can't see the fleet or reg nos but does anyone recognise the Leyland National (In same video in link above) at around 1:19/1:20? I didn't look for fleet numbers when I was a kid but I recognise it by its adverts on the side and on the back. I'm sure no other Nationals in Washington had the side adverts at the time and I'm pretty sure this had a white front bumper at the time too. I'm certain it was a FTN XXXW reg. This was my favourite National and it was regularly on the 291/2 in around 1990/1. Used to get on this one a few times and I always thought it was the smartest in the fleet.

Thanks a lot!  Blush
Washingtonian
06 Jun 2020, 7:11 pm #1

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone can help with a few things. I've been thinking a lot about the Bygone Era lately, particularly the Go-Ahead Northern era which was by far my favourite. I've been watching a few videos on the Busflix Films channel on YouTube which has brought back a few memories and got me thinking about some of the old Washington bus services that I used to travel on or see as a kid.

Does anyone have any Timetables for the following services that ran in the early 90s please: -

1) Services 177/8. I'm sure these ran on Evenings and Sundays around the whole of Washington including Barmston where I live,although I'm not sure of the full route. I'm sure these services were replaced by the "Orange Mini-Link Route" usually with the number 602, which is now more or less the current 83/4 route. They were usually operated by the Dodge/Renault and or Iveco minibuses

2) Service X83 Sunderland - Washington - MetroCentre?

3) Service X89 - Brady Sq - Washington - Heworth - Newcastle

4) Calvary Coaches service 380 as seen here on Busflix: - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxrchFqjats&list=PLH8KK8FsudUjn3f7Tl6Qj8S0K-r60WXSC&index=10 at around 6:57 Don't think I ever used this service but I remember seeing it.

5) Service 594 as seen here in the White/Blue/Red National on the same video as above at 3:26. I don't seem to recall this service at all

Finally this is probably a daft question as you can't see the fleet or reg nos but does anyone recognise the Leyland National (In same video in link above) at around 1:19/1:20? I didn't look for fleet numbers when I was a kid but I recognise it by its adverts on the side and on the back. I'm sure no other Nationals in Washington had the side adverts at the time and I'm pretty sure this had a white front bumper at the time too. I'm certain it was a FTN XXXW reg. This was my favourite National and it was regularly on the 291/2 in around 1990/1. Used to get on this one a few times and I always thought it was the smartest in the fleet.

Thanks a lot!  Blush

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Messages In This Thread
Old Bus Routes (Washington) - by Washingtonian - 06 Jun 2020, 7:11 pm
Old Bus Routes (Washington) - by cbma06 - 07 Jun 2020, 7:28 am
RE: Old Bus Routes (Washington) - by Washingtonian - 07 Jun 2020, 8:29 pm
RE: Old Bus Routes (Washington) - by LVK 404L - 08 Jun 2020, 7:17 am
RE: Old Bus Routes (Washington) - by Washingtonian - 08 Jun 2020, 9:49 pm
RE: Old Bus Routes (Washington) - by Adrian - 09 Jun 2020, 3:43 pm
RE: Old Bus Routes (Washington) - by Washingtonian - 10 Jun 2020, 12:21 pm
RE: Old Bus Routes (Washington) - by Andreos1 - 03 Feb 2022, 8:46 am
RE: Old Bus Routes (Washington) - by ASX_Terranova - 26 Feb 2022, 9:07 pm