Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Bygone Era End of the line?

End of the line?

End of the line?

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Poll: Which of the following best describes how often you visit The Bygone Era?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.

I visit The Bygone Era regularly/from time-to-time
72.00%
Votes 18
I would visit more if more files were online
28.00%
Votes 7
I don't visit The Bygone Era
0%
Votes 0

Total 25 vote(s) 100%
NEB Admin Team

Unregistered

06 Apr 2013, 7:54 pm #1
Hi guys Smile

Following an upload of 139 files to the server this evening for a new update, I've come to learn that we've now reached the maximum storage limit on our server for The Bygone Era.

The server we're on is free but has limited capacity. I wasn't expecting The Bygone Era to ever exceed this but now we have.

An option I'm seriously considering is taking out a subscription for increased storage. This evening, I've learned that a member of ours is prepared to donate thousands of files to us which dwarfs what we have already. This donation would contain a substantial amount of United, Busways and Go-Ahead material; but we just don't have the space for it unfortunately. Being none-the-wiser, I had tried to upload it all just an hour ago but it seems to have crashed so I don't think any of the files are working at the moment - but they should be working again soon.

The other option is "do nothing". Though this retains all of our existing material, I'd be unable to add any further items.

As much as I enjoy all of the old bus material and hence why I started The Bygone Era in the first place, I do this for the benefit of North East Buses too. I would definitely like to continue with The Bygone Era and I'm prepared to pay for the space required, but I've yet to gauge how much interest there is in The Bygone Era to warrant taking out a subscription for its continued running. Just so I can get an idea of how much interest there is in The Bygone Era, I've enclosed a poll below. If enough interest is made, I'll take out a subscription Smile
NEB Admin Team
06 Apr 2013, 7:54 pm #1

Hi guys Smile

Following an upload of 139 files to the server this evening for a new update, I've come to learn that we've now reached the maximum storage limit on our server for The Bygone Era.

The server we're on is free but has limited capacity. I wasn't expecting The Bygone Era to ever exceed this but now we have.

An option I'm seriously considering is taking out a subscription for increased storage. This evening, I've learned that a member of ours is prepared to donate thousands of files to us which dwarfs what we have already. This donation would contain a substantial amount of United, Busways and Go-Ahead material; but we just don't have the space for it unfortunately. Being none-the-wiser, I had tried to upload it all just an hour ago but it seems to have crashed so I don't think any of the files are working at the moment - but they should be working again soon.

The other option is "do nothing". Though this retains all of our existing material, I'd be unable to add any further items.

As much as I enjoy all of the old bus material and hence why I started The Bygone Era in the first place, I do this for the benefit of North East Buses too. I would definitely like to continue with The Bygone Era and I'm prepared to pay for the space required, but I've yet to gauge how much interest there is in The Bygone Era to warrant taking out a subscription for its continued running. Just so I can get an idea of how much interest there is in The Bygone Era, I've enclosed a poll below. If enough interest is made, I'll take out a subscription Smile

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Messages In This Thread
End of the line? - by NEB Admin Team - 06 Apr 2013, 7:54 pm
RE: End of the line? - by Adrian - 06 Apr 2013, 8:12 pm
RE: End of the line? - by NEB Admin Team - 06 Apr 2013, 8:19 pm
RE: End of the line? - by Dan - 06 Apr 2013, 9:59 pm
RE: End of the line? - by Adrian - 06 Apr 2013, 10:32 pm
RE: End of the line? - by Andreos1 - 07 Apr 2013, 3:47 am
RE: End of the line? - by Dan - 07 Apr 2013, 9:12 am
RE: End of the line? - by NEB Admin Team - 07 Apr 2013, 10:26 am
RE: End of the line? - by Adrian - 01 May 2013, 8:36 pm
RE: End of the line? - by NEB Admin Team - 01 May 2013, 8:52 pm