Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Bygone Era The recreation of the Bygone Era...

The recreation of the Bygone Era...

The recreation of the Bygone Era...

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Poll: Do you like our proposal?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.

Yes
55.00%
Votes 11
No
10.00%
Votes 2
Not Sure
35.00%
Votes 7

Total 20 vote(s) 100%
Dan

Site Administrator

21 Dec 2013, 3:01 pm #1
Since Brandon's departure from North East Buses, Liam and I have jointly taken on the main role which he played on NEB - the managing of the Bygone Era.

The main problem we have been faced with since Brandon's departure is determining which content needs to be added, and which content has already been added.

While we admire the amount of time and effort Brandon put into the creation of the Bygone Era which is a valued part of NEB today, we do think it is time to freshen it up.
A great deal of content has been added to multiple 'operator threads' now, within the 'Bus Operators' section of the Bygone Era. Because of this, it is becoming increasingly difficult for the user to easily find a specific document which they may be searching for on the Bygone Era.

Liam and I have been working on a few ideas over the past few weeks, and we have finally come up with an idea that will work - which will also allow a lot of pressure to be taken off Liam and myself. Our proposal is given below:

We remove the Bygone Era from the forum - it is given a page of its own like our fleet lists, news and photo pages. Visually, we expect the Bygone Era to change completely.
Rather than content being listed and separated by bus operator and later categorised, we will introduce a search facility.
Every single file available for download would be added to a database, and each file would be given a title and description documenting the content of the file. A user will search for content they are looking for, and relevant files will be returned to the user.
We could also allow members to contribute too, sourcing files from external sources to add to the Bygone Era. This will increase the volume of material, and allow for the Bygone Era to branch out into other areas besides the North East which has previously been requested on the forum.

This can be achieved relatively easily, but it will take a while to complete. We could still actually offer a list of all files too, which would be grouped into sections similar to how they are at present. First, we would like to ask for your opinions - whether you agree that we should go through with this or not.
While this work is being carried out, the Bygone Era which is on the forum will still be available.

Any feedback is welcome, and I welcome you to answer a quick "Yes" or "No" poll above.
Dan
21 Dec 2013, 3:01 pm #1

Since Brandon's departure from North East Buses, Liam and I have jointly taken on the main role which he played on NEB - the managing of the Bygone Era.

The main problem we have been faced with since Brandon's departure is determining which content needs to be added, and which content has already been added.

While we admire the amount of time and effort Brandon put into the creation of the Bygone Era which is a valued part of NEB today, we do think it is time to freshen it up.
A great deal of content has been added to multiple 'operator threads' now, within the 'Bus Operators' section of the Bygone Era. Because of this, it is becoming increasingly difficult for the user to easily find a specific document which they may be searching for on the Bygone Era.

Liam and I have been working on a few ideas over the past few weeks, and we have finally come up with an idea that will work - which will also allow a lot of pressure to be taken off Liam and myself. Our proposal is given below:

We remove the Bygone Era from the forum - it is given a page of its own like our fleet lists, news and photo pages. Visually, we expect the Bygone Era to change completely.
Rather than content being listed and separated by bus operator and later categorised, we will introduce a search facility.
Every single file available for download would be added to a database, and each file would be given a title and description documenting the content of the file. A user will search for content they are looking for, and relevant files will be returned to the user.
We could also allow members to contribute too, sourcing files from external sources to add to the Bygone Era. This will increase the volume of material, and allow for the Bygone Era to branch out into other areas besides the North East which has previously been requested on the forum.

This can be achieved relatively easily, but it will take a while to complete. We could still actually offer a list of all files too, which would be grouped into sections similar to how they are at present. First, we would like to ask for your opinions - whether you agree that we should go through with this or not.
While this work is being carried out, the Bygone Era which is on the forum will still be available.

Any feedback is welcome, and I welcome you to answer a quick "Yes" or "No" poll above.

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Messages In This Thread
The recreation of the Bygone Era... - by Dan - 21 Dec 2013, 3:01 pm
RE: The recreation of the Bygone Era... - by Andreos1 - 21 Dec 2013, 3:14 pm
RE: The recreation of the Bygone Era... - by Dan - 21 Dec 2013, 3:30 pm
RE: The recreation of the Bygone Era... - by Tom - 21 Dec 2013, 3:14 pm
RE: The recreation of the Bygone Era... - by MurdnunoC - 30 Dec 2013, 10:41 am
RE: The recreation of the Bygone Era... - by cbma06 - 30 Dec 2013, 12:44 pm
RE: The recreation of the Bygone Era... - by LVK 404L - 21 May 2014, 8:14 pm
RE: The recreation of the Bygone Era... - by MurdnunoC - 21 May 2014, 9:24 pm
RE: The recreation of the Bygone Era... - by LVK 404L - 22 May 2014, 9:51 am