Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Other Operators Northumberland Independents Howard Snaiths

Howard Snaiths

Howard Snaiths

• 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average

Pages (8): Previous 1 2 3 48 Next
31 May 2015, 1:51 pm
(31 May 2015, 1:13 pm)BUSFAN Does the firm do tours and lots of private hire work as they seem to have quite a large fleet and the loss of all the school work will hit them very badly and wiil they lose the public service work as well.I wonder who will end up taking on the contracts they have lost.

There was an article from April that they'd lost about £1m in work since the trial, and had also had to make 16 people redundant. On top of that, Northumberland County Council have recently announced they're going to terminate their contracts, and start a fast paced re-tendering exercise. 

They do still have private hire of course, and I think they still do day trips? It's obviously not going to pay for their fleet alone, unless they have a *lot* of private hire contracts. 

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
31 May 2015, 1:51 pm #41

(31 May 2015, 1:13 pm)BUSFAN Does the firm do tours and lots of private hire work as they seem to have quite a large fleet and the loss of all the school work will hit them very badly and wiil they lose the public service work as well.I wonder who will end up taking on the contracts they have lost.

There was an article from April that they'd lost about £1m in work since the trial, and had also had to make 16 people redundant. On top of that, Northumberland County Council have recently announced they're going to terminate their contracts, and start a fast paced re-tendering exercise. 

They do still have private hire of course, and I think they still do day trips? It's obviously not going to pay for their fleet alone, unless they have a *lot* of private hire contracts. 

19 Jun 2015, 8:06 am
dated 17/6/15.

North Tyneside Council strips Howard Snaith and Partners of contracts, after court case

The move follows that of Northumberland County Council, which terminated all 33 of its contracts with the company.

North Tyneside Council has confirmed that it will not be renewing its three-year contract to take schoolchildren swimming, which ends next month.

In a statement North Tyneside Council said: “The safety of our children and young people is paramount to North Tyneside Council and is considered in all our transport contract arrangements, which are closely monitored.

“As soon as we heard about the recent convictions of company employees, in relation to tachograph offences committed on longer journeys, we carried out an immediate risk assessment to make sure none of our children and young people had been put at risk.

http://www.route-one.net/legal/snaith-st...contracts/

cbma06
19 Jun 2015, 8:06 am #43

dated 17/6/15.

North Tyneside Council strips Howard Snaith and Partners of contracts, after court case

The move follows that of Northumberland County Council, which terminated all 33 of its contracts with the company.

North Tyneside Council has confirmed that it will not be renewing its three-year contract to take schoolchildren swimming, which ends next month.

In a statement North Tyneside Council said: “The safety of our children and young people is paramount to North Tyneside Council and is considered in all our transport contract arrangements, which are closely monitored.

“As soon as we heard about the recent convictions of company employees, in relation to tachograph offences committed on longer journeys, we carried out an immediate risk assessment to make sure none of our children and young people had been put at risk.

http://www.route-one.net/legal/snaith-st...contracts/

19 Jun 2015, 11:38 am
well a drive said the manager has been informed that the prudhoe bus from morpeth has gone to arriva runned he said that arriva are to gain two of howard snaiths enviro 200's but he did mention to me that he doesnt know when it will / should happen and he has it has not been noted which to enviro 200s they will be if thats what they are sending arriva.

thought i would mention that i am only going by the senior drivers words so if it is not true then i am sorry from tell you.
buss14
19 Jun 2015, 11:38 am #44

well a drive said the manager has been informed that the prudhoe bus from morpeth has gone to arriva runned he said that arriva are to gain two of howard snaiths enviro 200's but he did mention to me that he doesnt know when it will / should happen and he has it has not been noted which to enviro 200s they will be if thats what they are sending arriva.

thought i would mention that i am only going by the senior drivers words so if it is not true then i am sorry from tell you.

22 Jun 2015, 11:20 am
(22 Jun 2015, 10:01 am)Scott There are only 2 Enviro 200s in the fleet: YX60 DXV and NK09 FKR

must be them then sorry but i dont know howard snaith coaches very well
buss14
22 Jun 2015, 11:20 am #45

(22 Jun 2015, 10:01 am)Scott There are only 2 Enviro 200s in the fleet: YX60 DXV and NK09 FKR

must be them then sorry but i dont know howard snaith coaches very well

22 Jun 2015, 2:21 pm
Talk about kicking someone when they're down.
Cock Robin
22 Jun 2015, 2:21 pm #46

Talk about kicking someone when they're down.

23 Jun 2015, 11:31 am
(23 Jun 2015, 10:35 am)Scott I agree. The council appear to have over reacted. Fair enough to change operators when the contracts expire, but there is no need to cancel all contracts mid way through.

If they were transporting my kids anywhere, I'd want them to be safe, legal and compliant.  Tacho offences are pretty serious.

I can understand where the Council are coming from.  I'm sure tacho-wise they're behaving themselves now.  But if they're prepared to bend (or break) driving hours rules; what else are they not complying with?
Chris
23 Jun 2015, 11:31 am #47

(23 Jun 2015, 10:35 am)Scott I agree. The council appear to have over reacted. Fair enough to change operators when the contracts expire, but there is no need to cancel all contracts mid way through.

If they were transporting my kids anywhere, I'd want them to be safe, legal and compliant.  Tacho offences are pretty serious.

I can understand where the Council are coming from.  I'm sure tacho-wise they're behaving themselves now.  But if they're prepared to bend (or break) driving hours rules; what else are they not complying with?

23 Jun 2015, 11:38 am
There's operators called to Traffic Commissioner Public Enquiries having their licences revoked and their Transport Manager deemed to have "lost repute" for far less serious misdemeanors than this.
Greg in Weardale
23 Jun 2015, 11:38 am #48

There's operators called to Traffic Commissioner Public Enquiries having their licences revoked and their Transport Manager deemed to have "lost repute" for far less serious misdemeanors than this.

23 Jun 2015, 3:07 pm
apparently they have scrapped a few buses
buss14
23 Jun 2015, 3:07 pm #49

apparently they have scrapped a few buses

23 Jun 2015, 3:16 pm
(23 Jun 2015, 11:31 am)Chris If they were transporting my kids anywhere, I'd want them to be safe, legal and compliant.  Tacho offences are pretty serious.

I agree. The rules are there to protect employees and the public, and it seems they've been more than happy to benefit them, despite the risks.

Of course, they wouldn't be excluded from the retendering process mind.

(23 Jun 2015, 3:07 pm)buss14 apparently they have scrapped a few buses

Can you provide legible sources for your information please? Vague claims aren't really helpful I'm afraid.

Adrian
23 Jun 2015, 3:16 pm #50

(23 Jun 2015, 11:31 am)Chris If they were transporting my kids anywhere, I'd want them to be safe, legal and compliant.  Tacho offences are pretty serious.

I agree. The rules are there to protect employees and the public, and it seems they've been more than happy to benefit them, despite the risks.

(23 Jun 2015, 3:07 pm)buss14 apparently they have scrapped a few buses

Can you provide legible sources for your information please? Vague claims aren't really helpful I'm afraid.

23 Jun 2015, 4:28 pm
(23 Jun 2015, 3:16 pm)aureolin I agree. The rules are there to protect employees and the public, and it seems they've been more than happy to benefit them, despite the risks.

look i am just tell you what i have been told so if i have told told vague it will be told vague or not at all
buss14
23 Jun 2015, 4:28 pm #51

(23 Jun 2015, 3:16 pm)aureolin I agree. The rules are there to protect employees and the public, and it seems they've been more than happy to benefit them, despite the risks.

look i am just tell you what i have been told so if i have told told vague it will be told vague or not at all

23 Jun 2015, 11:50 pm
I agree with the councils dumping their contracts, if so many drivers were fiddling tachos how many were driving school runs when tired, and how long had it been going on for.Afraid to say if you are so desperate to mess with so many tachos to save money what else would you be happy to scrimp on.
makem1
23 Jun 2015, 11:50 pm #52

I agree with the councils dumping their contracts, if so many drivers were fiddling tachos how many were driving school runs when tired, and how long had it been going on for.Afraid to say if you are so desperate to mess with so many tachos to save money what else would you be happy to scrimp on.

24 Jun 2015, 4:48 pm
I also agree with the Council terminating Snaith's contracts, I certainly don't want to know if the drivers of the Snaith's coaches that I've been on have been fiddling with tachographs.
omnicity4659
24 Jun 2015, 4:48 pm #53

I also agree with the Council terminating Snaith's contracts, I certainly don't want to know if the drivers of the Snaith's coaches that I've been on have been fiddling with tachographs.

26 Jun 2015, 2:33 pm
Snaiths were using a Ford Transit on 882 Hexham - Colwell today.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/27974644@N...ed-public/
Text'en
26 Jun 2015, 2:33 pm #54

Snaiths were using a Ford Transit on 882 Hexham - Colwell today.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/27974644@N...ed-public/

29 Jun 2015, 9:23 am
(29 Jun 2015, 8:29 am)Scott I am guesing old Premieres, and some Paramounts, most old vehciles tend to be scrapped, although L10 TCC escaped the net. There are a few old minbuses that remain at the Otterburn depot in a semin scrapped condition.

there was a scrap lorry in there depot but couldnt see what they where taking it looked really rusty and small
buss14
29 Jun 2015, 9:23 am #55

(29 Jun 2015, 8:29 am)Scott I am guesing old Premieres, and some Paramounts, most old vehciles tend to be scrapped, although L10 TCC escaped the net. There are a few old minbuses that remain at the Otterburn depot in a semin scrapped condition.

there was a scrap lorry in there depot but couldnt see what they where taking it looked really rusty and small

29 Jun 2015, 11:44 am
(29 Jun 2015, 9:45 am)Scott The only lorry that I know theyb have is a pink/purple Seddon Atkinson recovery truck, but I am guessing that it's not the same vehcile as the one that you have described.

no i was red and it had scrap recovery on it
buss14
29 Jun 2015, 11:44 am #56

(29 Jun 2015, 9:45 am)Scott The only lorry that I know theyb have is a pink/purple Seddon Atkinson recovery truck, but I am guessing that it's not the same vehcile as the one that you have described.

no i was red and it had scrap recovery on it

29 Jun 2015, 12:03 pm
Hexham has a scrap dealer with a red truck.
G-CPTN
29 Jun 2015, 12:03 pm #57

Hexham has a scrap dealer with a red truck.

29 Jun 2015, 12:07 pm
(29 Jun 2015, 12:03 pm)G-CPTN Hexham has a scrap dealer with a red truck.

i dont know where truck came from because i have recently move to morpeth from sheffeild
buss14
29 Jun 2015, 12:07 pm #58

(29 Jun 2015, 12:03 pm)G-CPTN Hexham has a scrap dealer with a red truck.

i dont know where truck came from because i have recently move to morpeth from sheffeild

29 Jun 2015, 12:08 pm
(29 Jun 2015, 12:07 pm)buss14 i dont know where truck came from because i have recently move to morpeth  from sheffeild

meant to say i am getting used to seeing what buses are from which depot. i should be more confident on whats what in due time
buss14
29 Jun 2015, 12:08 pm #59

(29 Jun 2015, 12:07 pm)buss14 i dont know where truck came from because i have recently move to morpeth  from sheffeild

meant to say i am getting used to seeing what buses are from which depot. i should be more confident on whats what in due time

29 Jun 2015, 1:52 pm
what is actually happening with howard snaith are they ceasing trading because of the issue with the traffic comissioners and what has been publicised in the local news. it is just hard to get grips of.
buss14
29 Jun 2015, 1:52 pm #60

what is actually happening with howard snaith are they ceasing trading because of the issue with the traffic comissioners and what has been publicised in the local news. it is just hard to get grips of.

Pages (8): Previous 1 2 3 48 Next

• 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average