Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Stagecoach North East Stagecoach North East Latest News

Stagecoach North East Latest News

Stagecoach North East Latest News

• 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average

Pages (133): Previous 131 32 33133 Next
27 Sep 2022, 6:56 pm
(27 Sep 2022, 5:51 pm)Lollist Personally I think the 2016 Enviro 200 MMC should head down to Stockton along with the ALX300S (2019 E200MMC head tnorthqarda) as well as sending a batch of stocktons enviro 300 to Newcastle as well and maybe they could attempt to get some more deckers down for the 36 in which gets very busy until late hours wxample: 7am-10am services are busy as well as 15:00pm to 8pm services are very busy which the envirob300s sometimes can't handle, especially on thr 35 ti Wolvi Court is absolutely ramacked and an enviro 300 cannot handle it they ar edumb enough to put 19680 on thr 7:00 run only for it to change on to thr 58, the least busiest route and they don't run it on the school time?
the problem is Stockton's E300s as far as i know aren't CAZ compliant, so by transferring MMCs from Newcastle to Stockton for E300s that aren't compliant, so you are literally pouring money down a drain.

as for more Deckers most Newcastle services are very busy and more services could do with an uplift in capacity in my opinion.

so as for more double Deckers in the Tees area i doubt this would happen unless either there's a cascade of vehicles elsewhere which saying as most divisions are trying to uplift capacity modestly after covid there's a slim chance of bagging a few, another option is that a lot of near end of life tridents are going so maybe being lucky and try to grab a few of them.

or finally my preferred option would be that if in the slim chance of new MMCs double decks arrive in Newcastle. for example if 25 new vehicles turned up i would do the following.

put all 25 in service at walkergate. the 5 2007 registered E400s throughout the fleet go to Stockton allowing 5 single decks (ideally) ALX300s to go to hartlepool allowing a capacity uplift and maybe 4 of the worst E200s to get scrapped and one vehicle spare.

next ten of the 2008 E400s go to Sunderland to allow 5 E200s to cascade to hartlepool (again replacing 5 of the worst examples to be disposed of) and four single decks (any CAZ compliant) to go to slatyford or if none available 4 to go to Stockton to replace ALX300s or defective E300s. maybe 2 ALX300s and 2 of the GEN1 E300s to be used as engineering spares.

finally ten vehicles perhaps either 2010 or 2011 E400s go to slatyford allowing maybe 3 E200s to cascade to hartlepool and 6 single decks to cascade elsewhere (any none CAZ compliant) examples. this gives a healthy ratio of increasing capacity and also replacing obsolescent vehicles
toward6931
27 Sep 2022, 6:56 pm #621

(27 Sep 2022, 5:51 pm)Lollist Personally I think the 2016 Enviro 200 MMC should head down to Stockton along with the ALX300S (2019 E200MMC head tnorthqarda) as well as sending a batch of stocktons enviro 300 to Newcastle as well and maybe they could attempt to get some more deckers down for the 36 in which gets very busy until late hours wxample: 7am-10am services are busy as well as 15:00pm to 8pm services are very busy which the envirob300s sometimes can't handle, especially on thr 35 ti Wolvi Court is absolutely ramacked and an enviro 300 cannot handle it they ar edumb enough to put 19680 on thr 7:00 run only for it to change on to thr 58, the least busiest route and they don't run it on the school time?
the problem is Stockton's E300s as far as i know aren't CAZ compliant, so by transferring MMCs from Newcastle to Stockton for E300s that aren't compliant, so you are literally pouring money down a drain.

as for more Deckers most Newcastle services are very busy and more services could do with an uplift in capacity in my opinion.

so as for more double Deckers in the Tees area i doubt this would happen unless either there's a cascade of vehicles elsewhere which saying as most divisions are trying to uplift capacity modestly after covid there's a slim chance of bagging a few, another option is that a lot of near end of life tridents are going so maybe being lucky and try to grab a few of them.

or finally my preferred option would be that if in the slim chance of new MMCs double decks arrive in Newcastle. for example if 25 new vehicles turned up i would do the following.

put all 25 in service at walkergate. the 5 2007 registered E400s throughout the fleet go to Stockton allowing 5 single decks (ideally) ALX300s to go to hartlepool allowing a capacity uplift and maybe 4 of the worst E200s to get scrapped and one vehicle spare.

next ten of the 2008 E400s go to Sunderland to allow 5 E200s to cascade to hartlepool (again replacing 5 of the worst examples to be disposed of) and four single decks (any CAZ compliant) to go to slatyford or if none available 4 to go to Stockton to replace ALX300s or defective E300s. maybe 2 ALX300s and 2 of the GEN1 E300s to be used as engineering spares.

finally ten vehicles perhaps either 2010 or 2011 E400s go to slatyford allowing maybe 3 E200s to cascade to hartlepool and 6 single decks to cascade elsewhere (any none CAZ compliant) examples. this gives a healthy ratio of increasing capacity and also replacing obsolescent vehicles

27 Sep 2022, 8:17 pm
(27 Sep 2022, 6:56 pm)toward6931 the problem is Stockton's E300s as far as i know aren't CAZ compliant, so by transferring MMCs from Newcastle to Stockton for E300s that aren't compliant, so you are literally pouring money down a drain.

Pretty sure only Euro 6 buses at Wheashef are the gas buses.
Unber43
27 Sep 2022, 8:17 pm #622

(27 Sep 2022, 6:56 pm)toward6931 the problem is Stockton's E300s as far as i know aren't CAZ compliant, so by transferring MMCs from Newcastle to Stockton for E300s that aren't compliant, so you are literally pouring money down a drain.

Pretty sure only Euro 6 buses at Wheashef are the gas buses.

27 Sep 2022, 8:55 pm
(27 Sep 2022, 8:17 pm)Unber43 Pretty sure only Euro 6 buses at Wheashef are the gas buses.
are some of the 2011 E300s not modified?
toward6931
27 Sep 2022, 8:55 pm #623

(27 Sep 2022, 8:17 pm)Unber43 Pretty sure only Euro 6 buses at Wheashef are the gas buses.
are some of the 2011 E300s not modified?

27 Sep 2022, 9:17 pm

Sure a better investment would be some single deckers to get shot of the ALX300's aswell. Mechanically they may be sound but for someone who rarely travels on Stagecoach and ended up on one the other day they really shouldn't be in service. They're 17 year old and are showing it.

Arriva get slated for fleet presentation but their worse than anything they've got.

ie.
Sunderland:
Long Enviro 200 MMC for E1/E2/E6 displace 11 plates to Newcastle to withdraw ALX300's (some have E6 mods already and others can be done).
Midi Enviro 200 MMC for 23/10/11 withdraw MANviros and displaced Enviro 200 to Hartlepool

Hartlepool:
Midi Enviro 200 MMC for 1 withdraw MANviros

South Shields:
Midi Enviro 200 MMC for 10/11/12 withdraw MANviros and Darts

You've removed the actual problematic buses in the North East rather than sending crap to Stockton.
Storx
27 Sep 2022, 9:17 pm #624

Sure a better investment would be some single deckers to get shot of the ALX300's aswell. Mechanically they may be sound but for someone who rarely travels on Stagecoach and ended up on one the other day they really shouldn't be in service. They're 17 year old and are showing it.

Arriva get slated for fleet presentation but their worse than anything they've got.

ie.
Sunderland:
Long Enviro 200 MMC for E1/E2/E6 displace 11 plates to Newcastle to withdraw ALX300's (some have E6 mods already and others can be done).
Midi Enviro 200 MMC for 23/10/11 withdraw MANviros and displaced Enviro 200 to Hartlepool

Hartlepool:

South Shields:

You've removed the actual problematic buses in the North East rather than sending crap to Stockton.

27 Sep 2022, 9:31 pm
(27 Sep 2022, 9:17 pm)Storx Sure a better investment would be some single deckers to get shot of the ALX300's aswell. Mechanically they may be sound but for someone who rarely travels on Stagecoach and ended up on one the other day they really shouldn't be in service. They're 17 year old and are showing it.

ie.
Sunderland:

Hartlepool:

South Shields:

4/3 should be upgraded aswell. 

Pretty sure someone mentioned that Stagecoach's goal might still be to turn sunderland all gas using Scania Fencer range
Unber43
27 Sep 2022, 9:31 pm #625

(27 Sep 2022, 9:17 pm)Storx Sure a better investment would be some single deckers to get shot of the ALX300's aswell. Mechanically they may be sound but for someone who rarely travels on Stagecoach and ended up on one the other day they really shouldn't be in service. They're 17 year old and are showing it.

ie.
Sunderland:

Hartlepool:

South Shields:

4/3 should be upgraded aswell. 

Pretty sure someone mentioned that Stagecoach's goal might still be to turn sunderland all gas using Scania Fencer range

27 Sep 2022, 9:58 pm
(27 Sep 2022, 9:31 pm)Unber43 4/3 should be upgraded aswell. 

Don't they use the gas buses? ngl I don't think they need anymore full length buses.

It's midibuses which are the problem. Arriva get slagged off all the time but they really do have some crap in service the ALX400's and Darts in particular especially for a division that makes an absolute fortune pre covid (believe it was £10m or so a year). Even Arriva has finally withdrawn it's final Dart which says something.

The 2007/2008 Enviro 400's should really be going into a reserve role aswell really, not frontline service on routes like the 1 and 38.

Haven't heard that though, wasn't their rumours they were planning to get arid of gas buses as they were too expensive (might be have just been Darlington though).
Storx
27 Sep 2022, 9:58 pm #626

(27 Sep 2022, 9:31 pm)Unber43 4/3 should be upgraded aswell. 

Don't they use the gas buses? ngl I don't think they need anymore full length buses.

It's midibuses which are the problem. Arriva get slagged off all the time but they really do have some crap in service the ALX400's and Darts in particular especially for a division that makes an absolute fortune pre covid (believe it was £10m or so a year). Even Arriva has finally withdrawn it's final Dart which says something.

The 2007/2008 Enviro 400's should really be going into a reserve role aswell really, not frontline service on routes like the 1 and 38.

Haven't heard that though, wasn't their rumours they were planning to get arid of gas buses as they were too expensive (might be have just been Darlington though).

27 Sep 2022, 11:09 pm

ie.
Sunderland:

Hartlepool:

South Shields:

to be honest im just trying to be realistic, i know for a fact that SNE are not going to end up with 40 plus midi MMCs to see of vast swathes of unreliable E200s and old darts (which are better for hartlepool as more fuel efficient) unless done over a period of years. i sincerely doubt that in the next few years that SNE will end up with enough long MMCs to oust ALX300s, GEN1 E300s, the 08 plate E300s which one or two i think are in worse condition than ALX300s to put on the Es. and i would be surprised if MMCs double decks turn up to replace 2007/2008 E400s, i think if anything it will be cascades from other divisions that will see them off. i would love to see it happen but unless they manage to get a grant or something similar i cant see it happening
toward6931
27 Sep 2022, 11:09 pm #627

ie.
Sunderland:

Hartlepool:

South Shields:

to be honest im just trying to be realistic, i know for a fact that SNE are not going to end up with 40 plus midi MMCs to see of vast swathes of unreliable E200s and old darts (which are better for hartlepool as more fuel efficient) unless done over a period of years. i sincerely doubt that in the next few years that SNE will end up with enough long MMCs to oust ALX300s, GEN1 E300s, the 08 plate E300s which one or two i think are in worse condition than ALX300s to put on the Es. and i would be surprised if MMCs double decks turn up to replace 2007/2008 E400s, i think if anything it will be cascades from other divisions that will see them off. i would love to see it happen but unless they manage to get a grant or something similar i cant see it happening

27 Sep 2022, 11:46 pm
Ideally Hartlepool needs longer buses for most 6/7 journeys and and a majority of the Middlesbrough 1s. When the E300 from Stockton have been used it immediately improves the service. The darts might be nearing 18 years of service but even they are better than most of the current fleet that Hartlepool has. So until investment is made I would try do the following.

All remaining Stockton Alx 300 moved to Hartlepool seeing off the worse of the E200 darts.
All remaining darts SLF sent to Hartlepool that should be 6 - 8 buses at least which then means the remaining 08 plate Manviros can be used in reserve or on the 3/3A with only occasionally used on the the 1 6/7.

Stockton will still have the swap but if possible they could try getting a few tridents as well with 3 for Hartlepool depot ( one for the East Durham contract with the remaining two been used at peak times for the 6/7 ).

That leads on to the tall ships race next year both Hartlepool and Stockton will need to get plenty of Double Deckers from somewhere. In 2010 Stockton sent about 4 to Hartlepool for various services while most 36 journeys switched to been operated by Olympians. So something will need to be done I would think the 1 7 and 36 ( services From out of town and serving the Marina) would need to be considered for Deckers at least.
col87
27 Sep 2022, 11:46 pm #628

Ideally Hartlepool needs longer buses for most 6/7 journeys and and a majority of the Middlesbrough 1s. When the E300 from Stockton have been used it immediately improves the service. The darts might be nearing 18 years of service but even they are better than most of the current fleet that Hartlepool has. So until investment is made I would try do the following.

All remaining Stockton Alx 300 moved to Hartlepool seeing off the worse of the E200 darts.
All remaining darts SLF sent to Hartlepool that should be 6 - 8 buses at least which then means the remaining 08 plate Manviros can be used in reserve or on the 3/3A with only occasionally used on the the 1 6/7.

Stockton will still have the swap but if possible they could try getting a few tridents as well with 3 for Hartlepool depot ( one for the East Durham contract with the remaining two been used at peak times for the 6/7 ).

That leads on to the tall ships race next year both Hartlepool and Stockton will need to get plenty of Double Deckers from somewhere. In 2010 Stockton sent about 4 to Hartlepool for various services while most 36 journeys switched to been operated by Olympians. So something will need to be done I would think the 1 7 and 36 ( services From out of town and serving the Marina) would need to be considered for Deckers at least.

28 Sep 2022, 12:07 am
(27 Sep 2022, 11:46 pm)col87 Ideally Hartlepool needs longer buses for most 6/7 journeys and and a majority of the Middlesbrough 1s.  When the E300 from Stockton have been used it immediately improves the service.  The darts might be nearing 18 years of service but even they are better than most of the current fleet that Hartlepool has.  So until investment is made I would try do the following. 

All remaining darts SLF  sent to Hartlepool that should be 6 - 8 buses at least which then means the remaining 08 plate Manviros can be used in reserve or on the 3/3A with only occasionally used on the the 1 6/7. 

That leads on to the tall ships race next year both Hartlepool and Stockton will need to get plenty of Double Deckers from somewhere.  In 2010 Stockton sent about 4 to Hartlepool for various services while most 36 journeys switched to been operated by Olympians.  So something will need to be done I would think the 1 7 and 36 ( services From out of town and serving the Marina)  would need to be considered for Deckers at least.
knowing SNE col it will probably be some newcastle services get downgraded to single deck for the duration
toward6931
28 Sep 2022, 12:07 am #629

(27 Sep 2022, 11:46 pm)col87 Ideally Hartlepool needs longer buses for most 6/7 journeys and and a majority of the Middlesbrough 1s.  When the E300 from Stockton have been used it immediately improves the service.  The darts might be nearing 18 years of service but even they are better than most of the current fleet that Hartlepool has.  So until investment is made I would try do the following. 

All remaining darts SLF  sent to Hartlepool that should be 6 - 8 buses at least which then means the remaining 08 plate Manviros can be used in reserve or on the 3/3A with only occasionally used on the the 1 6/7. 

That leads on to the tall ships race next year both Hartlepool and Stockton will need to get plenty of Double Deckers from somewhere.  In 2010 Stockton sent about 4 to Hartlepool for various services while most 36 journeys switched to been operated by Olympians.  So something will need to be done I would think the 1 7 and 36 ( services From out of town and serving the Marina)  would need to be considered for Deckers at least.
knowing SNE col it will probably be some newcastle services get downgraded to single deck for the duration

28 Sep 2022, 6:51 am
(27 Sep 2022, 4:27 pm)toward6931 ok well if that's the case i would send them to Stockton, allowing 6 MMCs to go the other way, then repeat with ALX 300s until all 19? (Correct me if I'm wrong) 2019 MMCs were fully transferred, (makes business sense) instead of paying fines/tolls or whatever title the council are using.

i would still maybe get rid of 2/3 more E200s in Newcastle as I do see them slip onto high-capacity services occasionally. as an example, even a 71 in the early morning can get uncomfortably full when allocated a 300 never mind when a smaller 200 gets on. as for the 6 "spare" vehicles that will likely arise as a result of the cascade I would perhaps keep 1 ALX300 as a genuine spare vehicle. 1 as an engineering spare (ideally 1 that's absolutely hammered ready for the breakers to strip down for parts) and the other 4 for hartlepool to help build capacity and maybe get rid of 3 of the worst E200s.

that then generates another spare for hartlepool until newer reliable cascades or brand-new vehicles arrive. once genuine newer problem free (hopefully) vehicles arrive I would start by dispensing with problematic vehicles and then unnecessary spare vehicles and if there's anything left either cascade older vehicles or start to replace DTs
Timetable alterations should release 36094 for Hartlepool
54APhotography
28 Sep 2022, 6:51 am #630

(27 Sep 2022, 4:27 pm)toward6931 ok well if that's the case i would send them to Stockton, allowing 6 MMCs to go the other way, then repeat with ALX 300s until all 19? (Correct me if I'm wrong) 2019 MMCs were fully transferred, (makes business sense) instead of paying fines/tolls or whatever title the council are using.

i would still maybe get rid of 2/3 more E200s in Newcastle as I do see them slip onto high-capacity services occasionally. as an example, even a 71 in the early morning can get uncomfortably full when allocated a 300 never mind when a smaller 200 gets on. as for the 6 "spare" vehicles that will likely arise as a result of the cascade I would perhaps keep 1 ALX300 as a genuine spare vehicle. 1 as an engineering spare (ideally 1 that's absolutely hammered ready for the breakers to strip down for parts) and the other 4 for hartlepool to help build capacity and maybe get rid of 3 of the worst E200s.

that then generates another spare for hartlepool until newer reliable cascades or brand-new vehicles arrive. once genuine newer problem free (hopefully) vehicles arrive I would start by dispensing with problematic vehicles and then unnecessary spare vehicles and if there's anything left either cascade older vehicles or start to replace DTs
Timetable alterations should release 36094 for Hartlepool

28 Sep 2022, 7:54 am
(27 Sep 2022, 11:09 pm)toward6931 to be honest im just trying to be realistic, i know for a fact that SNE are not going to end up with 40 plus midi MMCs to see of vast swathes of unreliable E200s and old darts (which are better for hartlepool as more fuel efficient) unless done over a period of years. i sincerely doubt that in the next few years that SNE will end up with enough long MMCs to oust ALX300s, GEN1 E300s, the 08 plate E300s which one or two i think are in worse condition than ALX300s to put on the Es. and i would be surprised if MMCs double decks turn up to replace 2007/2008 E400s, i think if anything it will be cascades from other divisions that will see them off. i would love to see it happen but unless they manage to get a grant or something similar i cant see it happening

I honestly don't think it's being unrealistic.

Stagecoach North East is one of their top operating areas. If they don't start investing asap then they'll turn out like First with hundreds and hundreds of buses which are past their sell by date. On paper everything 58 plate and below should be withdrawn next year or put into secondary roles and it's not happening.

Why should we be getting cascades up here when it's a better operating area than a lot of other areas, it should be the other way round.

Every year they fail to invest is another year that they fall into that trap. Then they start flogging everything off as they on the edge of going bust. It's already starting to become a problem in some areas ie. here: https://bustimes.org/operators/stagecoac...t/vehicles or here https://bustimes.org/operators/stagecoac...h/vehicles (an ideal place to dump the 58 Enviro's they already have some).
Storx
28 Sep 2022, 7:54 am #631

(27 Sep 2022, 11:09 pm)toward6931 to be honest im just trying to be realistic, i know for a fact that SNE are not going to end up with 40 plus midi MMCs to see of vast swathes of unreliable E200s and old darts (which are better for hartlepool as more fuel efficient) unless done over a period of years. i sincerely doubt that in the next few years that SNE will end up with enough long MMCs to oust ALX300s, GEN1 E300s, the 08 plate E300s which one or two i think are in worse condition than ALX300s to put on the Es. and i would be surprised if MMCs double decks turn up to replace 2007/2008 E400s, i think if anything it will be cascades from other divisions that will see them off. i would love to see it happen but unless they manage to get a grant or something similar i cant see it happening

I honestly don't think it's being unrealistic.

Stagecoach North East is one of their top operating areas. If they don't start investing asap then they'll turn out like First with hundreds and hundreds of buses which are past their sell by date. On paper everything 58 plate and below should be withdrawn next year or put into secondary roles and it's not happening.

Why should we be getting cascades up here when it's a better operating area than a lot of other areas, it should be the other way round.

Every year they fail to invest is another year that they fall into that trap. Then they start flogging everything off as they on the edge of going bust. It's already starting to become a problem in some areas ie. here: https://bustimes.org/operators/stagecoac...t/vehicles or here https://bustimes.org/operators/stagecoac...h/vehicles (an ideal place to dump the 58 Enviro's they already have some).

28 Sep 2022, 11:34 am
(28 Sep 2022, 7:54 am)Storx I honestly don't think it's being unrealistic.

I know they are one of the top operating areas, and yes, they should be getting newer vehicles regularly and then cascading the older stuff, but they don't treat it like such. for example, the 2018 MMC 400s that Cumbria received (18 or 19 i think it was in the end) ten of those I think should have come to northeast first as passenger numbers are higher releasing the older E400s to Cumbria.

look at what came down to us for the commonwealth games, 2018 single deck MMCs from ST Andrews I think it was while we are still using 2004 ALX300s. Portsmouth has 2017 MMCs even though the route they are on (23 to leigh park if I'm correct) had newer buses in 2012 and again in 2014.

Guildford got a massive investment in electric buses in the last few years 2020? I think it was, you've got areas in the highlands (inverness) which at times are virtually empty apart from when cruise ships come in, but regularly get decent vehicles like electrics and the MMCs like the one that got written off come back from the commonwealth.

unfortunately, because we have got very good engineering staff throughout the division, we get allocated the crap that no one wants because we make it work like the kinetics that should have been scrapped on day one, the 08 E300s, the handful of MOT failures and rebuilds we managed to get sorted for other (Scottish) divisions
toward6931
28 Sep 2022, 11:34 am #632

(28 Sep 2022, 7:54 am)Storx I honestly don't think it's being unrealistic.

I know they are one of the top operating areas, and yes, they should be getting newer vehicles regularly and then cascading the older stuff, but they don't treat it like such. for example, the 2018 MMC 400s that Cumbria received (18 or 19 i think it was in the end) ten of those I think should have come to northeast first as passenger numbers are higher releasing the older E400s to Cumbria.

look at what came down to us for the commonwealth games, 2018 single deck MMCs from ST Andrews I think it was while we are still using 2004 ALX300s. Portsmouth has 2017 MMCs even though the route they are on (23 to leigh park if I'm correct) had newer buses in 2012 and again in 2014.

Guildford got a massive investment in electric buses in the last few years 2020? I think it was, you've got areas in the highlands (inverness) which at times are virtually empty apart from when cruise ships come in, but regularly get decent vehicles like electrics and the MMCs like the one that got written off come back from the commonwealth.

unfortunately, because we have got very good engineering staff throughout the division, we get allocated the crap that no one wants because we make it work like the kinetics that should have been scrapped on day one, the 08 E300s, the handful of MOT failures and rebuilds we managed to get sorted for other (Scottish) divisions

28 Sep 2022, 12:48 pm
(28 Sep 2022, 11:34 am)toward6931 I know they are one of the top operating areas, and yes, they should be getting newer vehicles regularly and then cascading the older stuff, but they don't treat it like such. for example, the 2018 MMC 400s that Cumbria received (18 or 19 i think it was in the end) ten of those I think should have come to northeast first as passenger numbers are higher releasing the older E400s to Cumbria.

Aye no arguments there mind to be fair but they badly need to invest otherwise things are going to go out of control. I've just worked it out there and if they don't make any investment before the end of the 2024 there's going to be 140 buses life expired (on paper) using 15 years (so anything older than 59 Plate). That's some serious catching up.

I wouldn't be surprised if there's not a serious investment up here soon enough. Similar to back in 2007, 2008 and 2009 when we got all sorts of Enviro's. Stagecoach are quite similar to Arriva where they seem to get everything at once with tit bits in between and the times coming back round for the big investments. I know we got some stuff but there wasn't too much around 2005/6 either really.
Storx
28 Sep 2022, 12:48 pm #633

(28 Sep 2022, 11:34 am)toward6931 I know they are one of the top operating areas, and yes, they should be getting newer vehicles regularly and then cascading the older stuff, but they don't treat it like such. for example, the 2018 MMC 400s that Cumbria received (18 or 19 i think it was in the end) ten of those I think should have come to northeast first as passenger numbers are higher releasing the older E400s to Cumbria.

Aye no arguments there mind to be fair but they badly need to invest otherwise things are going to go out of control. I've just worked it out there and if they don't make any investment before the end of the 2024 there's going to be 140 buses life expired (on paper) using 15 years (so anything older than 59 Plate). That's some serious catching up.

I wouldn't be surprised if there's not a serious investment up here soon enough. Similar to back in 2007, 2008 and 2009 when we got all sorts of Enviro's. Stagecoach are quite similar to Arriva where they seem to get everything at once with tit bits in between and the times coming back round for the big investments. I know we got some stuff but there wasn't too much around 2005/6 either really.

28 Sep 2022, 1:56 pm
(28 Sep 2022, 12:48 pm)Storx Aye no arguments there mind to be fair but they badly need to invest otherwise things are going to go out of control. I've just worked it out there and if they don't make any investment before the end of the 2024 there's going to be 140 buses life expired (on paper) using 15 years (so anything older than 59 Plate). That's some serious catching up.

exactly, I think if they ordered 30 Midi MMCs over 2 years to oust MANviros ,   60 long MMCs over 3 years, using 10 of the first batch to increase capacity over various depots, removing maybe 2 or 3 E200s each at slatyford and Sunderland and 4 at hartlepool to see of more of the MANviros

I think slatyford, Sunderland and hartlepool would really benefit doing this, then oust ALXs, GEN1 E300s over a period of time gradually looking at GEN 2 E300s. 

as for Deckers i would say 75 over 3 years, putting them in service at walkergate  maybe the first 25 creating a cascade to see off the 2007/2008 E400s, the 2nd batch of 25 cascading ten Deckers each to slatyford and Sunderland building up capacity and 5 to tees area. and then the next 25 cascading the next oldest Deckers elsewhere
toward6931
28 Sep 2022, 1:56 pm #634

(28 Sep 2022, 12:48 pm)Storx Aye no arguments there mind to be fair but they badly need to invest otherwise things are going to go out of control. I've just worked it out there and if they don't make any investment before the end of the 2024 there's going to be 140 buses life expired (on paper) using 15 years (so anything older than 59 Plate). That's some serious catching up.

exactly, I think if they ordered 30 Midi MMCs over 2 years to oust MANviros ,   60 long MMCs over 3 years, using 10 of the first batch to increase capacity over various depots, removing maybe 2 or 3 E200s each at slatyford and Sunderland and 4 at hartlepool to see of more of the MANviros

I think slatyford, Sunderland and hartlepool would really benefit doing this, then oust ALXs, GEN1 E300s over a period of time gradually looking at GEN 2 E300s. 

as for Deckers i would say 75 over 3 years, putting them in service at walkergate  maybe the first 25 creating a cascade to see off the 2007/2008 E400s, the 2nd batch of 25 cascading ten Deckers each to slatyford and Sunderland building up capacity and 5 to tees area. and then the next 25 cascading the next oldest Deckers elsewhere

28 Sep 2022, 10:43 pm
I think SNE should look at purchasing some Volvo B8RLE MCV Evora's for the E1/E2/E6 and Express Services X47/X77/X78/X82/X87 & X88 as this would release a good number of MAN/ADL E300's to replace older vehicles within the fleet including ALX300's/MAN E200's.

I'd also nab a handful of Optare Solo SR's from other Stagecoach Ops if any are free to operate services 32/32A & 35 releasing some E200's to replace some of MAN E200's across the fleet.

As for Double Deckers I would say services 1, 22 & 38 would be the best candidates whilst also purchasing a handful of Gas examples for the 20 in Sunderland, this would enable release of a large number E400/E400H's to be allocated evenly across other depots such as Stockton which could do with some for their busier boards during peak times.
Malarkey
28 Sep 2022, 10:43 pm #635

I think SNE should look at purchasing some Volvo B8RLE MCV Evora's for the E1/E2/E6 and Express Services X47/X77/X78/X82/X87 & X88 as this would release a good number of MAN/ADL E300's to replace older vehicles within the fleet including ALX300's/MAN E200's.

I'd also nab a handful of Optare Solo SR's from other Stagecoach Ops if any are free to operate services 32/32A & 35 releasing some E200's to replace some of MAN E200's across the fleet.

As for Double Deckers I would say services 1, 22 & 38 would be the best candidates whilst also purchasing a handful of Gas examples for the 20 in Sunderland, this would enable release of a large number E400/E400H's to be allocated evenly across other depots such as Stockton which could do with some for their busier boards during peak times.

28 Sep 2022, 11:12 pm
(28 Sep 2022, 10:43 pm)Malarkey I think SNE should look at purchasing some Volvo B8RLE MCV Evora's for the E1/E2/E6 and Express Services X47/X77/X78/X82/X87 & X88 as this would release a good number of MAN/ADL E300's to replace older vehicles within the fleet including ALX300's/MAN E200's.

see I'm not a fan of using minibuses as for northeast they are too limited on what you can use them for. plus, especially now the winter months are approaching.

cold and flu season are approaching and COVID is likely to become yearly thing, the punters are already going back to the old ways with windows being closed on busy services, no social distancing and people coughing and spluttering without covering mouths etc. after last time I would say makes sense where possible to go with bigger vehicles instead of smaller. i know other divisions are actively trying to increase their capacity in case of another outbreak and social distancing comes into force again.
toward6931
28 Sep 2022, 11:12 pm #636

(28 Sep 2022, 10:43 pm)Malarkey I think SNE should look at purchasing some Volvo B8RLE MCV Evora's for the E1/E2/E6 and Express Services X47/X77/X78/X82/X87 & X88 as this would release a good number of MAN/ADL E300's to replace older vehicles within the fleet including ALX300's/MAN E200's.

see I'm not a fan of using minibuses as for northeast they are too limited on what you can use them for. plus, especially now the winter months are approaching.

cold and flu season are approaching and COVID is likely to become yearly thing, the punters are already going back to the old ways with windows being closed on busy services, no social distancing and people coughing and spluttering without covering mouths etc. after last time I would say makes sense where possible to go with bigger vehicles instead of smaller. i know other divisions are actively trying to increase their capacity in case of another outbreak and social distancing comes into force again.

29 Sep 2022, 4:12 pm
I thought these deckers in Sunderland were brought in for school services yet now seem regularly appearing on the 20. The Durham schools now seem to just get single decks now.
Acky81
29 Sep 2022, 4:12 pm #637

I thought these deckers in Sunderland were brought in for school services yet now seem regularly appearing on the 20. The Durham schools now seem to just get single decks now.

29 Sep 2022, 4:29 pm
(29 Sep 2022, 4:12 pm)Acky81 I thought these deckers in Sunderland were brought in for school services yet now seem regularly appearing on the 20. The Durham schools now seem to just get single decks now.
Didn’t Sunderland inherit the deckers when they took over running of the X34 etc?  Besides, no reason why they can’t run on normal services.
Economic505
29 Sep 2022, 4:29 pm #638

(29 Sep 2022, 4:12 pm)Acky81 I thought these deckers in Sunderland were brought in for school services yet now seem regularly appearing on the 20. The Durham schools now seem to just get single decks now.
Didn’t Sunderland inherit the deckers when they took over running of the X34 etc?  Besides, no reason why they can’t run on normal services.

29 Sep 2022, 5:16 pm
I get the impression they get allocated to the 20 when they have mechanical problems. 19641 seems to have been allocated almost daily for weeks now. 19444 and 19642 have been VOR for a while now too which won't be helping allocations. Probably explains why the 7.21 X34 from Horsley Hill is duped now.
Dans_bus_photos
29 Sep 2022, 5:16 pm #639

I get the impression they get allocated to the 20 when they have mechanical problems. 19641 seems to have been allocated almost daily for weeks now. 19444 and 19642 have been VOR for a while now too which won't be helping allocations. Probably explains why the 7.21 X34 from Horsley Hill is duped now.

29 Sep 2022, 6:47 pm
(29 Sep 2022, 4:29 pm)Economic505 Didn’t Sunderland inherit the deckers when they took over running of the X34 etc?  Besides, no reason why they can’t run on normal services.
Aw yes forgot the x34
Acky81
29 Sep 2022, 6:47 pm #640

(29 Sep 2022, 4:29 pm)Economic505 Didn’t Sunderland inherit the deckers when they took over running of the X34 etc?  Besides, no reason why they can’t run on normal services.
Aw yes forgot the x34

Pages (133): Previous 131 32 33133 Next

• 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Possibly Related Threads…