Menu

Pages (36)    112 13 1436   
Davie   08 Sep 2015, 3:17 pm
4933 Has been repainted
S813 FVK   08 Sep 2015, 3:24 pm
5148 has definitely been withdrawn - now in storage at Saltmeadows:

[Image: 20607911543_85e64a1695.jpg]V534 GDS Go North East by gavin bone, on Flickr
R852 PRG   08 Sep 2015, 3:48 pm
(08 Sep 2015, 3:24 pm)S813 FVK wrote 5148 has definitely been withdrawn - now in storage at Saltmeadows:

[Image: 20607911543_85e64a1695.jpg]V534 GDS Go North East by gavin  bone, on Flickr

Was on the withdrawn/VOR line at Riverside on Saturday: https://www.flickr.com/photos/127739730@...ed-public/
citaro5284   08 Sep 2015, 3:53 pm
(08 Sep 2015, 3:48 pm)R852 PRG wrote Was on the withdrawn/VOR line at Riverside on Saturday: https://www.flickr.com/photos/127739730@...ed-public/

Aye, think I mentioned it last week.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
S813 FVK   08 Sep 2015, 4:01 pm
(08 Sep 2015, 3:53 pm)citaro5284 wrote Aye, think I mentioned it last week.

You did. I just posted the picture because it was there.
RM2186   08 Sep 2015, 5:16 pm
NSA and screen not working on 5370 Drifter
cbma06   08 Sep 2015, 5:24 pm
whens the next stop announcements going to be installed on the indigo solos, my head was battered in with the next stop announcements on service 78 between sunderland and Chester-Le-Street and also on the Arriva 24 e400 from Durham to Peterlee today, don't know how passengers put up with it, I understand if the next stop announcements just came on at main stops along the route or points of interest.

R852 PRG   08 Sep 2015, 5:26 pm
(08 Sep 2015, 5:24 pm)cbma06 wrote whens the next stop announcements going to be installed on the indigo solos, my head was battered in with the next stop announcements on service 78 between sunderland and Chester-Le-Street and also on the Arriva 24 e400 from Durham to Peterlee today, don't know how passengers put up with it, I understand if the next stop announcements just came on at main stops along the route or points of interest.

I don't understand the issue with the announcements on the ''Coast & Country''? It's a simple announcement and in a clear voice, much better than the Steve & Karen announcements.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
citaro5284   08 Sep 2015, 5:27 pm
(08 Sep 2015, 5:24 pm)cbma06 wrote whens the next stop announcements going to be installed on the indigo solos, my head was battered in with the next stop announcements on service 78 between sunderland and Chester-Le-Street and also on the Arriva 24 e400 from Durham to Peterlee today, don't know how passengers put up with it, I understand if the next stop announcements just came on at main stops along the route or points of interest.

Soon.  What would be the point if it was just the main stops, people with eyesight problems can get off at any stop, so they need to know where they are.
Adrian   08 Sep 2015, 5:29 pm

Really? I think they're much better, now that they're clutter free - i.e. none of this 'stay seated' stuff every announce.  

I've done the 8/78 a number of times since they were switched on, and I'd say they're pretty much spot on. The volume is just right, and I find the LED display a lot more visible from the rear of the bus. For me though, it doesn't go far enough, and I'd much prefer that they both announced the next stop, but also the stop that the bus is currently at. The screens do it already, but the audio doesn't.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
cbma06   08 Sep 2015, 5:34 pm
(08 Sep 2015, 5:27 pm)citaro5284 wrote Soon.  What would be the point if it was just the main stops, people with eyesight problems can get off at any stop, so they need to know where they are.

I was on the edge of banging my head off the window with all the talk of chester road such and such at each stop, I would like to know if a survey was done for the blind and half deaf people to see if their got off at the wrong bus stop in the past, what did their do before all this fancy gizmo stuff came out  Dodgy

Adrian   08 Sep 2015, 5:41 pm
(08 Sep 2015, 5:34 pm)cbma06 wrote I was on the edge of banging my head off the window with all the talk of chester road such and such at each stop, I would like to know if a survey was done for the blind and half deaf people to see if their got off at the wrong bus stop in the past, what did their do before all this fancy gizmo stuff came out  Dodgy

It's progress though. Progress in the right direction when it comes to accessibility of public transport.

Let's be honest though. NSAs are never going to be everybody's cup of tea. Some will find them fantastic, and others will find them an annoyance. We shouldn't forget though that some people are reliant on them.

In answer to your question though - they most likely struggled, or worse still, didn't bother with buses. In the same boat as wheelchair users, before low floor buses came along.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Dan   08 Sep 2015, 6:15 pm
(08 Sep 2015, 3:17 pm)Davie wrote 4933 Has been repainted

For clarification: former "The Highwayman" branded Scania L94UB/Wright Solar 4933 (Y933 ERG) has been repainted into Go North East's corporate livery.

Stanley's former "Diamond" branded Mercedes Citaro 0530N/Mercedes Citaro 5287 (NK08 CFX) is also at Saltmeadows at present, and this one is also going blue.

(08 Sep 2015, 5:29 pm)aureolin wrote Really? I think they're much better, now that they're clutter free - i.e. none of this 'stay seated' stuff every announce.  

I've done the 8/78 a number of times since they were switched on, and I'd say they're pretty much spot on. The volume is just right, and I find the LED display a lot more visible from the rear of the bus. For me though, it doesn't go far enough, and I'd much prefer that they both announced the next stop, but also the stop that the bus is currently at. The screens do it already, but the audio doesn't.

Yes, I agree. I would like the "This is" audio to be announced when the doors are opened, and this would serve as a last minute reminder to customers that this is where they need to alight for x location. As I've said before, Go North East has done both with and without now, and it's a case of finding a happy medium for both drivers and customers (and the same applies for the volume).

I still prefer the regional accent and a familiar voice from radio presenters compared to the monotonous drone found elsewhere; indeed, the new Tyne & Wear Metro announcements are a huge improvement and a step in the right direction, so they're presumably thinking along the same lines as Go North East.
BusLoverMum   08 Sep 2015, 8:01 pm

The Arriva NSAs can be very loud, when they actually work. A great source of amusement to little'un, though, who loves to mimic them. i tend to tuen them out, though I still can't tune out the misspelling of horseshoes as horsehoes on the screens.
Dan   08 Sep 2015, 8:04 pm
(08 Sep 2015, 8:01 pm)BusLoverMum wrote The Arriva NSAs can be very loud, when they actually work. A great source of amusement to little'un, though, who loves to mimic them. i tend to tuen them out, though I still can't tune out the misspelling of horseshoes as horsehoes on the screens.

It's incredibly easy to make mistakes, so I'll be forgiving of that, but I'm shocked that they sitll haven't corrected that mistake..? There's not many buses on the 22 and 24 (think it's these services which serve the aforementioned location?), and it's only a case of correcting the PowerPoint, saving it, and shoving a USB memory stick into a computer on the bus to update it.

Given the negative connotations associated with the slang term "hoe", I would have thought it'd be a top priority to fix it...
BusLoverMum   08 Sep 2015, 8:11 pm
(08 Sep 2015, 8:04 pm)Dan wrote They still haven't corrected that..? There's not many buses on the 22 and 24, and it's only a case of correcting the PowerPoint, saving it, and shoving a USB memory stick into a computer on the bus to update it.

Given the negative connotations associated with the slang term "hoe", I would have thought it'd be a top priority to fix it...

I'm banking on them never correcting it. Give it a few months and all the screens on the streetlites will have given up the ghost, anyhow. I haven't seen or heard NSAs on 1598 for weeks and there's a couple of others which are audio only most of the time.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Jimmi   08 Sep 2015, 8:17 pm
(08 Sep 2015, 8:04 pm)Dan wrote It's incredibly easy to make mistakes, so I'll be forgiving of that, but I'm shocked that they sitll haven't corrected that mistake..? There's not many buses on the 22 and 24, and it's only a case of correcting the PowerPoint, saving it, and shoving a USB memory stick into a computer on the bus to update it.

All the Arriva announcements I've seen/heard are screwed in some way, with some stops not being announced, spaces not used, lower case letters used instead of capitals, stops spelt wrong. Doesn't help that some stops have been added but nothing has been done to reflect these changes. Also on some buses especially Darlington's standard Pulsars the volume varies between buses.

On the X66 I had back from Stockton, I'm sure they've changed the announcements as Harrowgate Club came up on the screen but I'm sure it used to say Elmcroft. Not sure what the voice announcement was as I couldn't hear it!

1511 was only showing "Arriva, Go on, Get on, on the screen with no stops on the screen or voice announcements on the 5A this afternoon. 4649 on the X66 was stuck on "Four Riggs"

It's so bad it actually winds me up.
Dan   08 Sep 2015, 8:24 pm
(08 Sep 2015, 8:17 pm)Jimmi wrote Doesn't help that some stops have been added but nothing has been done to reflect these changes.

There's so many things to do when services are revised, so I can completely understand things being forgotten.

I was on Go North East's 56 service on Sunday and noticed the announcements had not been altered to reflect the closure of the road which the Sunderland Empire is situated on, as there was still an announcement for the Londonderry pub.

Going to see if we can push ahead with St. Michael's Way being recorded and added instead of The Londonderry and Sunderland Empire, in addition to the new stop on St. Mary's Way (if the buses are stopping there now). At the same time this update is pushed through, it should be possible for the radio station logo to be updated, too.
Jimmi   08 Sep 2015, 8:31 pm
(08 Sep 2015, 8:24 pm)Dan wrote There's so many things to do when services are revised, so I can completely understand things being forgotten.

I was on Go North East's 56 service on Sunday and noticed the announcements had not been altered to reflect the closure of the road which the Sunderland Empire is situated on, as there was still an announcement for the Londonderry pub.

Going to see if we can push ahead with St. Michael's Way being recorded and added instead of The Londonderry and Sunderland Empire, in addition to the new stop on St. Mary's Way (if the buses are stopping there now). At the same time this update is pushed through, it should be possible for the radio station logo to be updated, too.
I know but the 7 had problems since day one and the Enviro's have the exact same problems! Although I imagine they just used the exact same slides audio etc. for this service.

Everytime I've had a Sapphire 24 branded Pulsar it has just displayed the Sapphire logo and I know from various appearances of them Pulsars on other services mean they probably haven't reprogrammed them since they took them off the 7.

Back to GNE, who actually does the announcements for the 56? I've never been on this route.
Dan   08 Sep 2015, 8:34 pm
(08 Sep 2015, 8:31 pm)Jimmi wrote I know but the 7 had problems since day one and the Enviro's have the exact same problems! Although I imagine they just used the exact same slides audio etc. for this service.

Everytime I've had a Sapphire 24 branded Pulsar it has just displayed the Sapphire logo and I know from various appearances of them Pulsars on other services mean they probably haven't reprogrammed them since they took them off the 7.

Back to GNE, who actually does the announcements for the 56? I've never been on this route.

Yes, I imagine the same programme would have been loaded, hence the same mistakes.

I think Stuart Elmore does the Fab56 and the Cobalt Clipper (excluding stops in Cobalt Business Park), in addition to the Coast & Country which is of course more recent.

There's a random announcement on or near Gateshead High Street which is a female voice to my memory. See if we can get that changed too...
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Diamond One   08 Sep 2015, 8:37 pm
(08 Sep 2015, 8:04 pm)Dan wrote It's incredibly easy to make mistakes, so I'll be forgiving of that, but I'm shocked that they sitll haven't corrected that mistake..? There's not many buses on the 22 and 24 (think it's these services which serve the aforementioned location?), and it's only a case of correcting the PowerPoint, saving it, and shoving a USB memory stick into a computer on the bus to update it.

What's happening to the highwayman brand are all the scanias going red they all seem to be going red nowadays perhaps a possible order for new buses or new revitalised brand
Michael   08 Sep 2015, 8:43 pm
(08 Sep 2015, 8:37 pm)Diamond One wrote What's happening to the highwayman brand are all the scanias going red they all seem to be going red nowadays perhaps a possible order for new buses or new revitalised brand

All the Highwayman scania's all are going red... its not known if the "Highwayman" brand will come back or if the services will be re-branded with new or newer buses...

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Dan   08 Sep 2015, 8:44 pm
(08 Sep 2015, 8:43 pm)Michael wrote All the Highwayman scania's all are going red... its not known if the "Highwayman" brand will come back or if the services will be re-branded with new or newer buses...

Haha - shall I hold you to that one, Michael?
Michael   08 Sep 2015, 8:47 pm
(08 Sep 2015, 8:44 pm)Dan wrote Haha - shall I hold you to that one, Michael?

Well i'm just going on past info posted  Angel  Angel

And from your own photo of 4932....

The entire batch of "The Highwayman" branded Scania L94UB/Wright Solar vehicles is set to undergo repaint as a result. The first vehicle out of the paintshop is 4932, and it has been repainted into the company's corporate livery.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/danielgrah...ateposted/

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Dan   08 Sep 2015, 8:48 pm
(08 Sep 2015, 8:47 pm)Michael wrote Well i'm just going on past info posted  Angel Angel

You'll have to direct me to the posts - it was just you and Bazza speculating as far as I remember! Wink
NK53 TKT   08 Sep 2015, 8:52 pm
On a Sunday the Q3 misses the Park and Ride however Alan Robson still says it, it drives me mental, it confused one driver who pulled in! he looked at the timetable and was bermused
Michael   08 Sep 2015, 8:52 pm
(08 Sep 2015, 8:48 pm)Dan wrote You'll have to direct me to the posts - it was just you and Bazza speculating as far as I remember! Wink

Edited my last post...  Wink

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Dan   08 Sep 2015, 8:56 pm
(08 Sep 2015, 8:52 pm)Michael wrote Edited my last post...  Wink

"All vehicles will be repainted"
"4932 has been repainted into Go North East's corporate livery".

2 + 2 = 5 perhaps, Michael? citaro5284 has told you before about assuming! [emoji14]
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Michael   08 Sep 2015, 8:59 pm
(08 Sep 2015, 8:56 pm)Dan wrote "All vehicles will be repainted"
"4932 has been repainted into Go North East's corporate livery".

2 + 2 = 5 perhaps, Michael? [emoji14]

Well i'm just going by what you said...

The entire batch of "The Highwayman" branded Scania L94UB/Wright Solar vehicles is set to undergo repaint as a result.

So if thats not happening why put the above on your photo discription of 4932?

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Dan   08 Sep 2015, 9:02 pm
(08 Sep 2015, 8:59 pm)Michael wrote Well i'm just going by what you said...

The entire batch of "The Highwayman" branded Scania L94UB/Wright Solar vehicles is set to undergo repaint as a result.

So if thats not happening why put the above on your photo discription of 4932?

I don't think you are going by what I said, Michael... I think you're (wrongly) trying to read between the lines - not everything I say is some sort of cryptic clue.

"Impending service revisions at Riverside Depot are set to see "The Highwayman" services 97 and 98 undergoing route alterations, following a recent online and paper-based customer consultation, allowing customers to give their feedback on the company's proposed service changes. The entire batch of "The Highwayman" branded Scania L94UB/Wright Solar vehicles is set to undergo repaint as a result. The first vehicle out of the paintshop is 4932, and it has been repainted into the company's corporate livery."

There's nothing in the above that explicitly states that all of "The Highwayman" buses are going to be repainted into Go North East's corporate livery.

We'll have to see which colour(s) the next Highwaymans go when they're repainted, won't we?
Pages (36)    112 13 1436