Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Go North East Go North East service levels during the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic

Go North East service levels during the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic

Go North East service levels during the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic

• 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average

Pages (28) Previous 118 19 2028 Next
JP6004

04 May 2020, 9:36 am #361
Really not liking this new layout, where has May recent discussion gone and what is it with all these threads! Also cant view most recent with scrolling though every single page ??
JP6004
04 May 2020, 9:36 am #361

Really not liking this new layout, where has May recent discussion gone and what is it with all these threads! Also cant view most recent with scrolling though every single page ??

Dan

Site Administrator

04 May 2020, 9:39 am #362
(04 May 2020, 9:36 am)JP6004 Really not liking this new layout, where has May recent discussion gone and what is it with all these threads! Also cant view most recent with scrolling though every single page ??

Read more: https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=2439&pid=242488#pid242488
Dan
04 May 2020, 9:39 am #362

(04 May 2020, 9:36 am)JP6004 Really not liking this new layout, where has May recent discussion gone and what is it with all these threads! Also cant view most recent with scrolling though every single page ??

Read more: https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=2439&pid=242488#pid242488

LeeCalder

04 May 2020, 10:03 am #363
With buses getting evidently busier, I wonder whether Go North East will start to introduce bigger buses on certain routes (like they have on the 58) or up frequencies slightly, although the latter may be a trigger for more people to make yet more unnecessary journeys.

I travelled to Chester-le-Street on the 21 on Saturday to get some groceries in (£2.30 again!!) and the bus I travelled on had a decent load, the first time I have had to sit upstairs.

Doris and Maude sat gossiping like a normal day....
LeeCalder
04 May 2020, 10:03 am #363

With buses getting evidently busier, I wonder whether Go North East will start to introduce bigger buses on certain routes (like they have on the 58) or up frequencies slightly, although the latter may be a trigger for more people to make yet more unnecessary journeys.

I travelled to Chester-le-Street on the 21 on Saturday to get some groceries in (£2.30 again!!) and the bus I travelled on had a decent load, the first time I have had to sit upstairs.

Dan

Site Administrator

04 May 2020, 10:38 am #364
(04 May 2020, 10:03 am)LeeCalder With buses getting evidently busier, I wonder whether Go North East will start to introduce bigger buses on certain routes (like they have on the 58) or up frequencies slightly, although the latter may be a trigger for more people to make yet more unnecessary journeys.

Most of the buses taken out of service last month are ready and waiting as 'hot spares' (the only ones which aren't are the ones which are off service due to defects) - that includes 14x double-deck, so very much in a position to react with bigger buses quite quickly.

It's obviously a bit more challenging to change the frequency of routes at short notice - generally speaking bus operators are a week behind any 'new news', with Go North East's schedule revisions always implemented on a Saturday. There have been a few instances where duplicate journeys have been operated following feedback into Customer Services about buses getting busier and the ticket machine data backing that up. Doesn't seem to be any obvious trends - buses are busier one day, then quieter the next.
Dan
04 May 2020, 10:38 am #364

(04 May 2020, 10:03 am)LeeCalder With buses getting evidently busier, I wonder whether Go North East will start to introduce bigger buses on certain routes (like they have on the 58) or up frequencies slightly, although the latter may be a trigger for more people to make yet more unnecessary journeys.

Most of the buses taken out of service last month are ready and waiting as 'hot spares' (the only ones which aren't are the ones which are off service due to defects) - that includes 14x double-deck, so very much in a position to react with bigger buses quite quickly.

It's obviously a bit more challenging to change the frequency of routes at short notice - generally speaking bus operators are a week behind any 'new news', with Go North East's schedule revisions always implemented on a Saturday. There have been a few instances where duplicate journeys have been operated following feedback into Customer Services about buses getting busier and the ticket machine data backing that up. Doesn't seem to be any obvious trends - buses are busier one day, then quieter the next.

04 May 2020, 11:42 am #365

I had a similar experience when I got the 49 to Gateshead last week (or the week before, I can't keep track!), it was fine until Bolam Street Flats where it just filled up, it was impossible to keep two seats apart.
Everyone was huddled together at the bus stop and while they sat on separate rows, they turned so they could talk!
streetdeckfan
04 May 2020, 11:42 am #365

I had a similar experience when I got the 49 to Gateshead last week (or the week before, I can't keep track!), it was fine until Bolam Street Flats where it just filled up, it was impossible to keep two seats apart.
Everyone was huddled together at the bus stop and while they sat on separate rows, they turned so they could talk!

05 May 2020, 1:02 am #366
The 10 is usually nearly empty when I’ve seen it passing through when walking to the shops, although this may vary on time of day as I usually only go out between 12-2 and in after that for the day

Sent from my iPhone XS using Tapatalk
TEN 6083
05 May 2020, 1:02 am #366

The 10 is usually nearly empty when I’ve seen it passing through when walking to the shops, although this may vary on time of day as I usually only go out between 12-2 and in after that for the day

Sent from my iPhone XS using Tapatalk

Michael

07 May 2020, 1:11 pm #367
When we start to get back to normal, we're likely to see buses brought back in to service in stages:

Stage 1: Enhanced Sunday service
Stage 2: Normal Sunday service
Stage 3: Saturday service
Stage 4: Full service resumes

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
07 May 2020, 1:11 pm #367

When we start to get back to normal, we're likely to see buses brought back in to service in stages:

Stage 1: Enhanced Sunday service
Stage 2: Normal Sunday service
Stage 3: Saturday service
Stage 4: Full service resumes

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

07 May 2020, 6:32 pm #368
I had to take a trip down to Bishop today to pick up some paperwork from the house and I was genuinely surprised by the lack of social distancing on buses! 

Everybody standing together at the bus stop, the 49 was borderline packed with everyone huddled together in the first few rows with only the odd person making the trek up the steps!. 

In Gateshead Interchange everybody seemed to be sitting next to each other inside so I just stood outside away from everyone (and probably got sunburn because of it!)

I mean, I'm not usually one to care about my own wellbeing, but at least I'm trying to make an effort with the social distancing (not that I go near people anyway!). In Aldi someone pushed in between me and the trolley to pick up a block of cheese, couldn't have been more than 30cm away from my face, even without a global pandemic that's not very pleasant! 

It's mostly the older people who don't seem to care.

Plus, the Arriva 6 driver was reluctant to accept my GNE ticket, and when she did she acted as though it was out the goodness of her heart and not a company policy!
streetdeckfan
07 May 2020, 6:32 pm #368

I had to take a trip down to Bishop today to pick up some paperwork from the house and I was genuinely surprised by the lack of social distancing on buses! 

Everybody standing together at the bus stop, the 49 was borderline packed with everyone huddled together in the first few rows with only the odd person making the trek up the steps!. 

In Gateshead Interchange everybody seemed to be sitting next to each other inside so I just stood outside away from everyone (and probably got sunburn because of it!)

I mean, I'm not usually one to care about my own wellbeing, but at least I'm trying to make an effort with the social distancing (not that I go near people anyway!). In Aldi someone pushed in between me and the trolley to pick up a block of cheese, couldn't have been more than 30cm away from my face, even without a global pandemic that's not very pleasant! 

It's mostly the older people who don't seem to care.

Plus, the Arriva 6 driver was reluctant to accept my GNE ticket, and when she did she acted as though it was out the goodness of her heart and not a company policy!

Dan

Site Administrator

08 May 2020, 2:19 pm #369
With an expectant announcement from the Government this weekend that lockdown restrictions may be relaxed, there may be a small increase in demand for bus services. To allow for better social distancing where possible, the following services will be operated by larger vehicles as a result of this:

Consett
  • X30: Single-deck to double-deck
  • X71: Single-deck to double-deck
Deptford
  • 5: Minibus to single-deck
  • 20: Single-deck to double-deck
  • 33: Minibus to single-deck
  • 38: Minibus to single-deck
  • 50: Single-deck to double-deck
  • 135/136: Minibus to single-deck
Hexham
  • 185/681/X81: Merc Sprinter to minibus
  • 74: Merc Sprinter to minibus
  • X84/X85: Minibus to single-deck
Riverside
  • 33A: Minibus to midibus
  • 53/54: Midibus to single-deck
  • 57: Single-deck to double-deck
  • Q3: Minibus to single-deck
  • X10: Single-deck to double-deck

As such, some of the buses which are currently 'not in service' will return to service, and a small number of the buses which were delicensed have also been brought back into service.

There will also be a small number of transfers as a consequence:
  • 5389 & 5390: Riverside to Hexham
  • 6304, 6305, 6306, 6307: Riverside to Consett
  • 5442, 5443, 5444, 5445: Consett to Riverside
  • 6157: Consett to Deptford
Dan
08 May 2020, 2:19 pm #369

With an expectant announcement from the Government this weekend that lockdown restrictions may be relaxed, there may be a small increase in demand for bus services. To allow for better social distancing where possible, the following services will be operated by larger vehicles as a result of this:

Consett

Deptford
Hexham
Riverside

As such, some of the buses which are currently 'not in service' will return to service, and a small number of the buses which were delicensed have also been brought back into service.

LeeCalder

08 May 2020, 2:43 pm #370
(08 May 2020, 2:19 pm)Dan With an expectant announcement from the Government this weekend that lockdown restrictions may be relaxed, there may be a small increase in demand for bus services. To allow for better social distancing where possible, the following services will be operated by larger vehicles as a result of this:

Consett
Deptford
Hexham
Riverside

No changes at Washington? Given ASDA at The Galleries is always teeming, and some areas are only being served every 2 hours, there's quite probably going to be an increase in passenger numbers on the routes with a minimal frequency.
LeeCalder
08 May 2020, 2:43 pm #370

(08 May 2020, 2:19 pm)Dan With an expectant announcement from the Government this weekend that lockdown restrictions may be relaxed, there may be a small increase in demand for bus services. To allow for better social distancing where possible, the following services will be operated by larger vehicles as a result of this:

Consett
Deptford
Hexham
Riverside

No changes at Washington? Given ASDA at The Galleries is always teeming, and some areas are only being served every 2 hours, there's quite probably going to be an increase in passenger numbers on the routes with a minimal frequency.

Dan

Site Administrator

08 May 2020, 2:45 pm #371
(08 May 2020, 2:43 pm)LeeCalder No changes at Washington? Given ASDA at The Galleries is always teeming, and some areas are only being served every 2 hours, there's quite probably going to be an increase in passenger numbers on the routes with a minimal frequency.

For the minibuses, not yet... but it's something being reviewed on a daily basis.

The 50 is being increased in capacity from single-deck to double-deck.
Dan
08 May 2020, 2:45 pm #371

(08 May 2020, 2:43 pm)LeeCalder No changes at Washington? Given ASDA at The Galleries is always teeming, and some areas are only being served every 2 hours, there's quite probably going to be an increase in passenger numbers on the routes with a minimal frequency.

For the minibuses, not yet... but it's something being reviewed on a daily basis.

LeeCalder

08 May 2020, 2:57 pm #372
(08 May 2020, 2:45 pm)Dan For the minibuses, not yet... but it's something being reviewed on a daily basis.

I've made a couple of journeys on the 82 to the shops and back, it's difficult to keep your distance regardless of where you sit if there's more than approx 5 passengers.

It'll be interesting to see how people take the Government announcement, as inevitably you'll have people thinking lockdown is over and they can do whatever they wish.
LeeCalder
08 May 2020, 2:57 pm #372

(08 May 2020, 2:45 pm)Dan For the minibuses, not yet... but it's something being reviewed on a daily basis.

I've made a couple of journeys on the 82 to the shops and back, it's difficult to keep your distance regardless of where you sit if there's more than approx 5 passengers.

It'll be interesting to see how people take the Government announcement, as inevitably you'll have people thinking lockdown is over and they can do whatever they wish.

Dan

Site Administrator

08 May 2020, 3:01 pm #373
(08 May 2020, 2:57 pm)LeeCalder I've made a couple of journeys on the 82 to the shops and back, it's difficult to keep your distance regardless of where you sit if there's more than approx 5 passengers.

The Government and Department for Transport advice for bus operators is that buses should be at no more than 50% of their intended capacity, excluding seats which have been temporarily taken out of use.

So for an Optare Solo that usually has 30 seats but currently has 6 tip-up seats taken out of use, the guidance from the Government and Department for Transport would be that the bus does not exceed more than 12 passengers (50% of 24).

Go North East has aimed to not exceed more than 30% capacity at any given time on the majority of journeys (so for an Optare Solo, this would be 7), using the DfT's guidance only for the busiest of journeys, and have actively encouraged drivers to inform a manager if they feel buses are overcrowded.
Dan
08 May 2020, 3:01 pm #373

(08 May 2020, 2:57 pm)LeeCalder I've made a couple of journeys on the 82 to the shops and back, it's difficult to keep your distance regardless of where you sit if there's more than approx 5 passengers.

The Government and Department for Transport advice for bus operators is that buses should be at no more than 50% of their intended capacity, excluding seats which have been temporarily taken out of use.

So for an Optare Solo that usually has 30 seats but currently has 6 tip-up seats taken out of use, the guidance from the Government and Department for Transport would be that the bus does not exceed more than 12 passengers (50% of 24).

Go North East has aimed to not exceed more than 30% capacity at any given time on the majority of journeys (so for an Optare Solo, this would be 7), using the DfT's guidance only for the busiest of journeys, and have actively encouraged drivers to inform a manager if they feel buses are overcrowded.

Michael

08 May 2020, 3:47 pm #374

Consett
Deptford
Hexham
Riverside

Thanks for the information.

Will these changes commence from Monday?

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
08 May 2020, 3:47 pm #374

Consett
Deptford
Hexham
Riverside

Thanks for the information.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Dan

Site Administrator

08 May 2020, 3:53 pm #375
(08 May 2020, 3:47 pm)Michael Thanks for the information.

On paper from tomorrow but it usually takes a few days for these things to bed in.

From Monday there will be single-deck and double-deck “hot spares” over the morning and afternoon peak at key bus stations to help ease any potential overcrowding issues too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dan
08 May 2020, 3:53 pm #375

(08 May 2020, 3:47 pm)Michael Thanks for the information.

On paper from tomorrow but it usually takes a few days for these things to bed in.

From Monday there will be single-deck and double-deck “hot spares” over the morning and afternoon peak at key bus stations to help ease any potential overcrowding issues too.

Michael

08 May 2020, 4:02 pm #376
(08 May 2020, 3:53 pm)Dan On paper from tomorrow but it usually takes a few days for these things to bed in.

Cool, thanks for the extra information.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
08 May 2020, 4:02 pm #376

(08 May 2020, 3:53 pm)Dan On paper from tomorrow but it usually takes a few days for these things to bed in.

Cool, thanks for the extra information.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

idiot

08 May 2020, 5:42 pm #377
Extra information 4 times lol.
idiot
08 May 2020, 5:42 pm #377

Extra information 4 times lol.

L469 YVK

08 May 2020, 6:40 pm #378
I take it the 45 will become StreetDeck operated to allow the E400MMCs to work the X30 / X71.

Will be an interesting comparison to see how the StreetDeck performs on the 45 compared to the E400MMC.

I think GNE will move to ADL if the X1 / X30 batch of E400MMCs are reliable and GNE are happy with them. I can also see a lot of vehicle movements in the North between GoNE/ EY / GoNW to better utilise the fleet.
L469 YVK
08 May 2020, 6:40 pm #378

I take it the 45 will become StreetDeck operated to allow the E400MMCs to work the X30 / X71.

Will be an interesting comparison to see how the StreetDeck performs on the 45 compared to the E400MMC.

I think GNE will move to ADL if the X1 / X30 batch of E400MMCs are reliable and GNE are happy with them. I can also see a lot of vehicle movements in the North between GoNE/ EY / GoNW to better utilise the fleet.

Malarkey

09 May 2020, 5:44 am #379
Green Arrow E200s on Q1/Q2s, would guess these have came off the 67/69 due to Low loading on these services at the moment

Citylink Versas are now on the Q3, I'll guess the indigo Solo SRs have gone on the 67/69 in a reallocation shuffle
Malarkey
09 May 2020, 5:44 am #379

Green Arrow E200s on Q1/Q2s, would guess these have came off the 67/69 due to Low loading on these services at the moment

Citylink Versas are now on the Q3, I'll guess the indigo Solo SRs have gone on the 67/69 in a reallocation shuffle

S813 FVK

09 May 2020, 6:31 am #380
The Diamond Streetlites look to have gone back on the 67/M6 & 69.
S813 FVK
09 May 2020, 6:31 am #380

The Diamond Streetlites look to have gone back on the 67/M6 & 69.

Pages (28) Previous 118 19 2028 Next

• 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average