Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Operations, Management & Infrastructure ZEBRA zero-emission buses scheme launched

ZEBRA zero-emission buses scheme launched

ZEBRA zero-emission buses scheme launched

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (6) Previous 13 4 5 6 Next
Adrian

08 Nov 2021, 12:36 pm #61
(08 Nov 2021, 11:13 am)L469 YVK Technically does if CLS doesn't have the infrastructure to support EV. Might be worth creating another thread though.

That's what I was hinting at  Smile

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
08 Nov 2021, 12:36 pm #61

(08 Nov 2021, 11:13 am)L469 YVK Technically does if CLS doesn't have the infrastructure to support EV. Might be worth creating another thread though.

That's what I was hinting at  Smile

ne14ne1

06 Dec 2021, 10:18 am #62
https://twitter.com/transport_north/stat...79553?s=21

Transport North East - 
“As part of our business case to secure 73 new zero emission buses for the North East through the ZEBRA scheme, we’re undertaking an Equality Impact Assessment to examine the effects of investment in zero emissions technologies on those with protected characteristics.
If you're interested in having your say, please complete our survey before 17 December at”:
https://forms.office.com/Pages/ResponseP...QySTYxNi4u&wdLOR=c18F6F276-31F1-4480-B967-83CDFEE13EAE
ne14ne1
06 Dec 2021, 10:18 am #62

https://twitter.com/transport_north/stat...79553?s=21

Transport North East - 
“As part of our business case to secure 73 new zero emission buses for the North East through the ZEBRA scheme, we’re undertaking an Equality Impact Assessment to examine the effects of investment in zero emissions technologies on those with protected characteristics.
If you're interested in having your say, please complete our survey before 17 December at”:
https://forms.office.com/Pages/ResponseP...QySTYxNi4u&wdLOR=c18F6F276-31F1-4480-B967-83CDFEE13EAE

Adrian

06 Dec 2021, 11:37 am #63
(06 Dec 2021, 10:18 am)ne14ne1 https://twitter.com/transport_north/stat...79553?s=21

Transport North East - 

That equality survey looks like it's been drawn up by someone with no real awareness of inequality. Or at least that is the impression I get from the questions being asked. 

The questions being asked are:
  • Do you agree that zero emission buses can help to reduce health inequalities in the North East?
  • Do you agree that funding for zero emission buses will support local jobs, skills and businesses in the North East?
  • Are there any accessibility issues you consider particularly important in the design of the new zero emission bus fleet?
  • Do you agree that zero emission buses can improve the lives of people living in rural communities in the North East?
  • Do you agree that zero emission buses can improve the lives of people living in deprived communities in the North East?
  • Do you agree that zero emissions buses can help to deliver a sustainable economic recovery in the North East?

It has to be a firm no for all of the 'Do you agree' questions. Any improvement or contribution is going to be nominal at best, because unless someone tells me it's going to radically shake up public transport (and the access to it) across the region, it's merely more of the same, but with some public cash for equipment, for businesses to increase their margin with.

Adrian
06 Dec 2021, 11:37 am #63

(06 Dec 2021, 10:18 am)ne14ne1 https://twitter.com/transport_north/stat...79553?s=21

Transport North East - 

That equality survey looks like it's been drawn up by someone with no real awareness of inequality. Or at least that is the impression I get from the questions being asked. 

• Do you agree that zero emission buses can help to reduce health inequalities in the North East?
  • Do you agree that funding for zero emission buses will support local jobs, skills and businesses in the North East?
  • Are there any accessibility issues you consider particularly important in the design of the new zero emission bus fleet?
  • Do you agree that zero emission buses can improve the lives of people living in rural communities in the North East?
  • Do you agree that zero emission buses can improve the lives of people living in deprived communities in the North East?
  • Do you agree that zero emissions buses can help to deliver a sustainable economic recovery in the North East?

It has to be a firm no for all of the 'Do you agree' questions. Any improvement or contribution is going to be nominal at best, because unless someone tells me it's going to radically shake up public transport (and the access to it) across the region, it's merely more of the same, but with some public cash for equipment, for businesses to increase their margin with.

06 Dec 2021, 11:47 am #64
(06 Dec 2021, 11:37 am)Adrian That equality survey looks like it's been drawn up by someone with no real awareness of inequality. Or at least that is the impression I get from the questions being asked. 

My answers were all very detailed in why every question can only be asked if an integrated policy of transport, development and investment was forthcoming.
In other words the positive reply they assume, was not forthcoming.
54APhotography
06 Dec 2021, 11:47 am #64

(06 Dec 2021, 11:37 am)Adrian That equality survey looks like it's been drawn up by someone with no real awareness of inequality. Or at least that is the impression I get from the questions being asked. 

My answers were all very detailed in why every question can only be asked if an integrated policy of transport, development and investment was forthcoming.
In other words the positive reply they assume, was not forthcoming.

Andreos1

06 Dec 2021, 12:08 pm #65

I thought there may have been other questions or detailed information about these vehicles.
As there isn't, then that last sentence sums it up perfectly. 

A bus (diesel, hydrogen or electric) is unable to do any of the things identified in the survey under the current route structure.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
06 Dec 2021, 12:08 pm #65

I thought there may have been other questions or detailed information about these vehicles.
As there isn't, then that last sentence sums it up perfectly. 

A bus (diesel, hydrogen or electric) is unable to do any of the things identified in the survey under the current route structure.

06 Dec 2021, 4:21 pm #66

Since I didn't want to be all negative, I did agree that zero emission buses can improve the lives of people living in rural communities in the North East, in the context that one of the proposed corridors would serve rural areas, including towns and villages, and connect to the World Heritage site of Hadrian’s Wall, Northumberland National Park and areas of outstanding natural beauty.
streetdeckfan
06 Dec 2021, 4:21 pm #66

Since I didn't want to be all negative, I did agree that zero emission buses can improve the lives of people living in rural communities in the North East, in the context that one of the proposed corridors would serve rural areas, including towns and villages, and connect to the World Heritage site of Hadrian’s Wall, Northumberland National Park and areas of outstanding natural beauty.

06 Dec 2021, 4:30 pm #67
The rural question is the one where I really don't see how the difference of zero and euro 6 would make a difference. The whole questionnaire was poorly worded and impossible for any layman to complete...
54APhotography
06 Dec 2021, 4:30 pm #67

The rural question is the one where I really don't see how the difference of zero and euro 6 would make a difference. The whole questionnaire was poorly worded and impossible for any layman to complete...

Adrian

06 Dec 2021, 4:48 pm #68
(06 Dec 2021, 4:21 pm)streetdeckfan Since I didn't want to be all negative, I did agree that zero emission buses can improve the lives of people living in rural communities in the North East, in the context that one of the proposed corridors would serve rural areas, including towns and villages, and connect to the World Heritage site of Hadrian’s Wall, Northumberland National Park and areas of outstanding natural beauty.

I think it largely depends on how you define an improvement. The statement is leading in my opinion, and if you don't look at the numbers behind it, you're not going to disagree with it. 

If you do look at the numbers though: 
  • 74 - 3 buses per day
  • 185 - 3 buses per day
  • 680 - 8 buses per day (generally 2 hourly)
  • 681 - 2 buses per day
  • X81 - 1 bus per day
  • 682 - 4 buses per day
  • 683 - hourly/shorts every half hour - but a town service and not rural
  • 686 - 5 buses per day
  • 687 - hourly
  • 688 - 8 buses per day (generally 2 hourly)
  • AD122 - seasonal

Replacing diesel buses with electric removes the carbon impact of the fuel burning whilst the bus is moving, but this is not a case of having a diesel bus go past your window every 8-12 minutes in each direction, stuck in traffic congestion and creating a pollution hotspot. In some cases it's 2 buses each direction per day, with minimal traffic outside of that.

I think we can all agree that electric buses are a good thing for the environment, and along with other technologies such as hydrogen, we need to see more of them, but lets not gloss over the cracks. Those people are still going to have the same level of access to public transport, and not more.

Adrian
06 Dec 2021, 4:48 pm #68

(06 Dec 2021, 4:21 pm)streetdeckfan Since I didn't want to be all negative, I did agree that zero emission buses can improve the lives of people living in rural communities in the North East, in the context that one of the proposed corridors would serve rural areas, including towns and villages, and connect to the World Heritage site of Hadrian’s Wall, Northumberland National Park and areas of outstanding natural beauty.

I think it largely depends on how you define an improvement. The statement is leading in my opinion, and if you don't look at the numbers behind it, you're not going to disagree with it. 

If you do look at the numbers though: 
  • 74 - 3 buses per day
  • 185 - 3 buses per day
  • 680 - 8 buses per day (generally 2 hourly)
  • 681 - 2 buses per day
  • X81 - 1 bus per day
  • 682 - 4 buses per day
  • 683 - hourly/shorts every half hour - but a town service and not rural
  • 686 - 5 buses per day
  • 687 - hourly
  • 688 - 8 buses per day (generally 2 hourly)
  • AD122 - seasonal

Replacing diesel buses with electric removes the carbon impact of the fuel burning whilst the bus is moving, but this is not a case of having a diesel bus go past your window every 8-12 minutes in each direction, stuck in traffic congestion and creating a pollution hotspot. In some cases it's 2 buses each direction per day, with minimal traffic outside of that.

I think we can all agree that electric buses are a good thing for the environment, and along with other technologies such as hydrogen, we need to see more of them, but lets not gloss over the cracks. Those people are still going to have the same level of access to public transport, and not more.

Andreos1

06 Dec 2021, 4:54 pm #69

In what context would it improve their lives? Are they opening up new routes? Running later in the evening to offer a potential trip to/from work for NHS workers and the like? Will the routes tie in with market days, hospital appointments or dental visits?
Or will it be the same type of service they have now - just with a different vehicle?

I'm not sure it's about being 'negative'.
Surely it's about being realistic, not being a fanboy of the operators -convincing ourselves that we are best mates with MD's cos we said hello once at a meeting/bus rally/or on social media.

Andreos1
06 Dec 2021, 4:54 pm #69

In what context would it improve their lives? Are they opening up new routes? Running later in the evening to offer a potential trip to/from work for NHS workers and the like? Will the routes tie in with market days, hospital appointments or dental visits?
Or will it be the same type of service they have now - just with a different vehicle?

Surely it's about being realistic, not being a fanboy of the operators -convincing ourselves that we are best mates with MD's cos we said hello once at a meeting/bus rally/or on social media.

06 Dec 2021, 5:25 pm #70
(06 Dec 2021, 4:54 pm)Andreos1 In what context would it improve their lives? Are they opening up new routes? Running later in the evening to offer a potential trip to/from work for NHS workers and the like? Will the routes tie in with market days, hospital appointments or dental visits?

One thing I did mention in pretty much every question was that if they're replacing diesel buses with electric like for like, then they make sod all difference. If they're not changing the services themselves then how can they make a difference?

The reason I said yes to that question was due to noise pollution by buses, particularly in rural areas where the noise of a loud diesel bus is particularly noticeable.

Sent from my AC2003 using Tapatalk
streetdeckfan
06 Dec 2021, 5:25 pm #70

(06 Dec 2021, 4:54 pm)Andreos1 In what context would it improve their lives? Are they opening up new routes? Running later in the evening to offer a potential trip to/from work for NHS workers and the like? Will the routes tie in with market days, hospital appointments or dental visits?

One thing I did mention in pretty much every question was that if they're replacing diesel buses with electric like for like, then they make sod all difference. If they're not changing the services themselves then how can they make a difference?

The reason I said yes to that question was due to noise pollution by buses, particularly in rural areas where the noise of a loud diesel bus is particularly noticeable.

Andreos1

06 Dec 2021, 5:38 pm #71
(06 Dec 2021, 5:25 pm)streetdeckfan One thing I did mention in pretty much every question was that if they're replacing diesel buses with electric like for like, then they make sod all difference. If they're not changing the services themselves then how can they make a difference?

The racket that twice a day bus makes compared to the never ending cycle of cattle lorries, tractors and combine harvesters... Deafening! Horrendous! ;-)

Andreos1
06 Dec 2021, 5:38 pm #71

(06 Dec 2021, 5:25 pm)streetdeckfan One thing I did mention in pretty much every question was that if they're replacing diesel buses with electric like for like, then they make sod all difference. If they're not changing the services themselves then how can they make a difference?

The racket that twice a day bus makes compared to the never ending cycle of cattle lorries, tractors and combine harvesters... Deafening! Horrendous! ;-)

Adrian

12 Jan 2022, 11:33 pm #72
The NECA Joint Transport Committee (JTC) will be asked to give approval for the submission of a Business Case to the Department for Transport for the delivery of 73 battery electric buses in the North East. You'll recall that this was following the announcement late last year, that Transport North East and Go North East's joint expression of interest had been successful, and the second stage of that is the business case.

Transport North East say that the Business Case "represents a total £40.1m investment, with £18.3m sought from the Department for Transport through the Zero Emission Bus Regional Areas fund and the remaining £21.8 provided in match funding from Go North East, Durham County Council and Northumberland County Council." The meeting takes place on 18th January 2022 and the full details and agenda can be found here: https://northeastca.gov.uk/committee-mee...mmittee-6/

I've had a quick read through, and the costings make interesting reading. It's costing around £379,801 per single deck bus and around £435,685 for a double.

The total project cost is £40,135,629 with the ZEBRA grant ask being £18,274,747. It's also stated that the "delivery partners of this project, in particular, the bus operators, will provide £21,860,882 in match funding of the capital costs for buses and infrastructure. This represents 54% of the overall project cost."

With regards to the Durham County Council and the Park and Ride part of the bid, it states: "Fourteen 10.8m circa single deck buses will be in operation on the Durham Park and Ride routes. Early market engagement has taken place with Pelican Yutong (E10) and Volvo (7900e) to inform the financial model as presented in the financial and economic cases. This demonstrates both options are feasible for operation on these routes, based on potential depots, which are to be confirmed by the tender. Durham County Council would own the vehicles which would be leased to the operator handed back from the operator at the end of the tender period."

For those who just want a quick view in terms of what is happening with ZEBRA, I've started to build an archive on my site. This has the specific extracts on, without going through the full agenda papers etc - https://www.busesandbeyond.co.uk/zebra-north-east/

Adrian
12 Jan 2022, 11:33 pm #72

The NECA Joint Transport Committee (JTC) will be asked to give approval for the submission of a Business Case to the Department for Transport for the delivery of 73 battery electric buses in the North East. You'll recall that this was following the announcement late last year, that Transport North East and Go North East's joint expression of interest had been successful, and the second stage of that is the business case.

Transport North East say that the Business Case "represents a total £40.1m investment, with £18.3m sought from the Department for Transport through the Zero Emission Bus Regional Areas fund and the remaining £21.8 provided in match funding from Go North East, Durham County Council and Northumberland County Council." The meeting takes place on 18th January 2022 and the full details and agenda can be found here: https://northeastca.gov.uk/committee-mee...mmittee-6/

I've had a quick read through, and the costings make interesting reading. It's costing around £379,801 per single deck bus and around £435,685 for a double.

The total project cost is £40,135,629 with the ZEBRA grant ask being £18,274,747. It's also stated that the "delivery partners of this project, in particular, the bus operators, will provide £21,860,882 in match funding of the capital costs for buses and infrastructure. This represents 54% of the overall project cost."

With regards to the Durham County Council and the Park and Ride part of the bid, it states: "Fourteen 10.8m circa single deck buses will be in operation on the Durham Park and Ride routes. Early market engagement has taken place with Pelican Yutong (E10) and Volvo (7900e) to inform the financial model as presented in the financial and economic cases. This demonstrates both options are feasible for operation on these routes, based on potential depots, which are to be confirmed by the tender. Durham County Council would own the vehicles which would be leased to the operator handed back from the operator at the end of the tender period."

For those who just want a quick view in terms of what is happening with ZEBRA, I've started to build an archive on my site. This has the specific extracts on, without going through the full agenda papers etc - https://www.busesandbeyond.co.uk/zebra-north-east/

Storx

13 Jan 2022, 10:01 am #73
(12 Jan 2022, 11:33 pm)Adrian The NECA Joint Transport Committee (JTC) will be asked to give approval for the submission of a Business Case to the Department for Transport for the delivery of 73 battery electric buses in the North East. You'll recall that this was following the announcement late last year, that Transport North East and Go North East's joint expression of interest had been successful, and the second stage of that is the business case.

This might seem a selfish point of view but I really don't understand why Northumberland County Council are forking out for this when it barely benefits them bar a few minibuses running around in the hills affecting no-one. Any money from Northumberland should be going towards Arriva (regardless to opinion) and their express work which actually impacts the majority of the county.

It should be North Tyneside / Newcastle who's forking out the money considering the number of them purely on the Coast Road. Complete waste of our tax money which could be spent elsewhere ie subsidising more services up Rothbury way etc.

*I'm not counting the 309 it's in Northumberland for the best part of 15 minutes of the route and is dead half the time.
Storx
13 Jan 2022, 10:01 am #73

(12 Jan 2022, 11:33 pm)Adrian The NECA Joint Transport Committee (JTC) will be asked to give approval for the submission of a Business Case to the Department for Transport for the delivery of 73 battery electric buses in the North East. You'll recall that this was following the announcement late last year, that Transport North East and Go North East's joint expression of interest had been successful, and the second stage of that is the business case.

This might seem a selfish point of view but I really don't understand why Northumberland County Council are forking out for this when it barely benefits them bar a few minibuses running around in the hills affecting no-one. Any money from Northumberland should be going towards Arriva (regardless to opinion) and their express work which actually impacts the majority of the county.

It should be North Tyneside / Newcastle who's forking out the money considering the number of them purely on the Coast Road. Complete waste of our tax money which could be spent elsewhere ie subsidising more services up Rothbury way etc.

*I'm not counting the 309 it's in Northumberland for the best part of 15 minutes of the route and is dead half the time.

Michael

13 Jan 2022, 10:08 am #74
I'm glad its gonna get approved to bid for, should be interesting few months now.

Really surprised to see the Volvo 7900e on the list for the park and ride, thought they would of stuck to one make.

Has it been confirmed what deckers what will be used on the routes?

Edit:

Just noticed this on the document which was shared by Adrian

Zero Emission Vehicle (ZEV)
The North East Zero Emission Vehicle policy is being finalised and will be submitted to the March meeting of this Committee for approval.

Is this for the ZERBA or for all their buses going forward being electric?

--------------
Looks like the Durham Cathedral routes and the Chester locals have been added to the list of routes for electric buses.
Attached Files
.png
Time-frame.png
Size 116.78 KB / Downloads 19
.png
Electic buses.png
Size 71.79 KB / Downloads 29

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
13 Jan 2022, 10:08 am #74

I'm glad its gonna get approved to bid for, should be interesting few months now.

Really surprised to see the Volvo 7900e on the list for the park and ride, thought they would of stuck to one make.

Edit:

The North East Zero Emission Vehicle policy is being finalised and will be submitted to the March meeting of this Committee for approval.

--------------
Looks like the Durham Cathedral routes and the Chester locals have been added to the list of routes for electric buses.

Attached Files
.png
Time-frame.png
Size 116.78 KB / Downloads 19
.png
Electic buses.png
Size 71.79 KB / Downloads 29

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

13 Jan 2022, 10:22 am #75
(13 Jan 2022, 10:08 am)Michael I'm glad its gonna get approved to bid for, should be interesting few months now.

Edit:

I would imagine having a mixed fleet wouldn't be too much of an issue with electrics in comparison to diesels since I don't think there is a lot of work on them they can do in house
streetdeckfan
13 Jan 2022, 10:22 am #75

(13 Jan 2022, 10:08 am)Michael I'm glad its gonna get approved to bid for, should be interesting few months now.

Edit:

I would imagine having a mixed fleet wouldn't be too much of an issue with electrics in comparison to diesels since I don't think there is a lot of work on them they can do in house

cbma06

13 Jan 2022, 10:46 am #76

Edit:

--------------

If and when service 21 gets the new electric deckers, I wonder if there’s enough of a business case for the angel deckers to go on the 20?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cbma06
13 Jan 2022, 10:46 am #76

Edit:

--------------

If and when service 21 gets the new electric deckers, I wonder if there’s enough of a business case for the angel deckers to go on the 20?

Adrian

13 Jan 2022, 11:02 am #77
(13 Jan 2022, 10:01 am)Storx This might seem a selfish point of view but I really don't understand why Northumberland County Council are forking out for this when it barely benefits them bar a few minibuses running around in the hills affecting no-one. Any money from Northumberland should be going towards Arriva (regardless to opinion) and their express work which actually impacts the majority of the county.

If any Northumberland money should be going towards Arriva, it makes you wonder why they didn't have the foresight to develop a joint bid with Transport North East? There was nothing the ZEBRA guidance to state that LTAs could only work with a single operator.

Whilst there's no denying that it is a significant investment from the exchequer, there's also a significant amount of private funding involved... the business case states: "The delivery partners of this project, in particular, the bus operators, will provide £21,860,882 in match funding of the capital  costs for buses and infrastructure. This represents 54% of the overall project cost." The delivery partners, from what I read, being Go North East, Northumberland County Council and Durham County Council:

1) Go North East – Delivery of 49 zero emission buses and associated infrastructure operating out of Consett, Riverside and Percy Main depots.
2) Northumberland County Council – Appointment of a delivery partner and associated onward delivery of 10 zero emission buses and infrastructure on routes from Hexham; and
3) Durham County Council Appointment of a delivery partner and associated onward delivery of 14 zero emission buses and infrastructure to operate on Durham’s two Park and Ride routes.

So the ZEBs used on the Hexham services, and the ones used on the Durham Park & Ride, look to be owned by the respective councils. Possibly with a leasing arrangement as part of the contract?

Edit:

--------------

I think if it was a solely commercial decision, you might get them sticking to one manufacturer, but it looks like these buses will be owned by DCC rather than an operator, and in any case the tender process for the Durham P&R contract is still to take place. I don't know what influence the incoming service provider may have in the choice of new vehicles.

Re: Zero Emission Vehicle (ZEV) Policy. This is part of the North East Transport Plan (not to be confused with the Enhanced Partnership BSIP), and isn't solely focused at buses: https://www.transportnortheast.gov.uk/wp...t-Plan.pdf

Adrian
13 Jan 2022, 11:02 am #77

(13 Jan 2022, 10:01 am)Storx This might seem a selfish point of view but I really don't understand why Northumberland County Council are forking out for this when it barely benefits them bar a few minibuses running around in the hills affecting no-one. Any money from Northumberland should be going towards Arriva (regardless to opinion) and their express work which actually impacts the majority of the county.

If any Northumberland money should be going towards Arriva, it makes you wonder why they didn't have the foresight to develop a joint bid with Transport North East? There was nothing the ZEBRA guidance to state that LTAs could only work with a single operator.

Whilst there's no denying that it is a significant investment from the exchequer, there's also a significant amount of private funding involved... the business case states: "The delivery partners of this project, in particular, the bus operators, will provide £21,860,882 in match funding of the capital  costs for buses and infrastructure. This represents 54% of the overall project cost." The delivery partners, from what I read, being Go North East, Northumberland County Council and Durham County Council:

1) Go North East – Delivery of 49 zero emission buses and associated infrastructure operating out of Consett, Riverside and Percy Main depots.
2) Northumberland County Council – Appointment of a delivery partner and associated onward delivery of 10 zero emission buses and infrastructure on routes from Hexham; and
3) Durham County Council Appointment of a delivery partner and associated onward delivery of 14 zero emission buses and infrastructure to operate on Durham’s two Park and Ride routes.

So the ZEBs used on the Hexham services, and the ones used on the Durham Park & Ride, look to be owned by the respective councils. Possibly with a leasing arrangement as part of the contract?

Edit:

--------------

I think if it was a solely commercial decision, you might get them sticking to one manufacturer, but it looks like these buses will be owned by DCC rather than an operator, and in any case the tender process for the Durham P&R contract is still to take place. I don't know what influence the incoming service provider may have in the choice of new vehicles.

Re: Zero Emission Vehicle (ZEV) Policy. This is part of the North East Transport Plan (not to be confused with the Enhanced Partnership BSIP), and isn't solely focused at buses: https://www.transportnortheast.gov.uk/wp...t-Plan.pdf

Michael

13 Jan 2022, 11:07 am #78
(13 Jan 2022, 10:46 am)cbma06 If and when service 21 gets the new electric deckers, I wonder if there’s enough of a business case for the angel deckers to go on the 20?

Hopefully, but if anything it would be the B9's from the Cobalt and Coast, since Deptford already have some B9's with the Streetdecks going to another depot with Streetdecks - could be wrong though...

I would think:

20 - Ex Cobalt B9's
56 - B9's
Streetlites from the 20 replace the Citaro's at Deptford.

Loads of buses will be up for cascade, So it'll be interesting to see what happens.

(13 Jan 2022, 11:02 am)Adrian If any Northumberland money should be going towards Arriva, it makes you wonder why they didn't have the foresight to develop a joint bid with Transport North East? There was nothing the ZEBRA guidance to state that LTAs could only work with a single operator.

Ah right thanks, there's too many documents haha
Edited 13 Jan 2022, 11:07 am by Michael.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
13 Jan 2022, 11:07 am #78

(13 Jan 2022, 10:46 am)cbma06 If and when service 21 gets the new electric deckers, I wonder if there’s enough of a business case for the angel deckers to go on the 20?

Hopefully, but if anything it would be the B9's from the Cobalt and Coast, since Deptford already have some B9's with the Streetdecks going to another depot with Streetdecks - could be wrong though...

I would think:

20 - Ex Cobalt B9's
56 - B9's
Streetlites from the 20 replace the Citaro's at Deptford.

Loads of buses will be up for cascade, So it'll be interesting to see what happens.

(13 Jan 2022, 11:02 am)Adrian If any Northumberland money should be going towards Arriva, it makes you wonder why they didn't have the foresight to develop a joint bid with Transport North East? There was nothing the ZEBRA guidance to state that LTAs could only work with a single operator.

Ah right thanks, there's too many documents haha

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

busmanT

13 Jan 2022, 12:51 pm #79

Edit:

--------------

Interesting that it show Riverside as the depot to operate the Angel and the Catherdral Bus/Chester-le-Street Local services going back to Consett.
busmanT
13 Jan 2022, 12:51 pm #79

Edit:

--------------

Interesting that it show Riverside as the depot to operate the Angel and the Catherdral Bus/Chester-le-Street Local services going back to Consett.

BusLoverMum

13 Jan 2022, 6:50 pm #80
(13 Jan 2022, 12:51 pm)busmanT Interesting that it show Riverside as the depot to operate the Angel and the Catherdral Bus/Chester-le-Street Local services going back to Consett.
I don't think cls has enough space for all those charging bays.
BusLoverMum
13 Jan 2022, 6:50 pm #80

(13 Jan 2022, 12:51 pm)busmanT Interesting that it show Riverside as the depot to operate the Angel and the Catherdral Bus/Chester-le-Street Local services going back to Consett.
I don't think cls has enough space for all those charging bays.

Pages (6) Previous 13 4 5 6 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average