Menu

North East Buses The Canteen Off-topic bus chat The Great Bus Envelope Hunt Game

The Great Bus Envelope Hunt Game

The Great Bus Envelope Hunt Game

• 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average

Pages (3) 1 2 3 Next
Andreos1

01 Jun 2014, 8:59 pm #1
Apart from needing a snappier title (Davey Bowyer - any ideas?), I thought it worthwhile jotting down the rules and an explanation of what will hopefully form a summer of #NEBdaysout.

Saturday 7th June, saw the first ever The Great Bus Envelope Game.

Members of the NEB forum took part in a day, filled full of bus journeys, clues and adventures - all in the hope of finding an envelope, stuffed full of #NEBpoints.

The rules are simple:
* Members must register their interest by 10am on the morning of the event.

* Members must indicate if they are part of a team or acting alone.

* A series of clues, will be issued to the designated team captain and to those taking part as individuals via PM on this forum at regular intervals.

* The use of public transport is a must throughout the game. Failure to use public transport, will lead to the deduction of any #NEBpoints and public humiliation - especially if you win.

* I will endeavour to ensure the envelope full of #NEBpoints is kept safe and secure from third party interference or the weather. But cannot be blamed if the envelope goes missing.

* On finding the envelope which is stuffed full of #NEBpoints, it must be declared on the forum immediately, with a photo showing the envelope and your bus ticket/pass uploaded ASAP.

* Teams participating, must photo the envelope, bus tickets of each member AND a group photo of said team members (those who wish to remain anonymous as far as the forum goes must still be in the photo, but the identity can be protected by whatever means necessary).

* AndreosConstantopolus Games PLC do not take responsibility for members not having a valid ticket, getting lost, falling out with team members etc.

* #NEBpoints can be accumulated and combined with points gained in other events or activites organised on the forum, such as guess the bus, photos, guess the location etc.

Scores on the doors!
aureolin 20#NEBpoints
DanPick 5 #NEBpoints
Edited 07 Jun 2014, 3:34 pm by Andreos1.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
01 Jun 2014, 8:59 pm #1

Apart from needing a snappier title (Davey Bowyer - any ideas?), I thought it worthwhile jotting down the rules and an explanation of what will hopefully form a summer of #NEBdaysout.

Saturday 7th June, saw the first ever The Great Bus Envelope Game.

Members of the NEB forum took part in a day, filled full of bus journeys, clues and adventures - all in the hope of finding an envelope, stuffed full of #NEBpoints.

The rules are simple:
* Members must register their interest by 10am on the morning of the event.

* Members must indicate if they are part of a team or acting alone.

* A series of clues, will be issued to the designated team captain and to those taking part as individuals via PM on this forum at regular intervals.

* The use of public transport is a must throughout the game. Failure to use public transport, will lead to the deduction of any #NEBpoints and public humiliation - especially if you win.

* I will endeavour to ensure the envelope full of #NEBpoints is kept safe and secure from third party interference or the weather. But cannot be blamed if the envelope goes missing.

* On finding the envelope which is stuffed full of #NEBpoints, it must be declared on the forum immediately, with a photo showing the envelope and your bus ticket/pass uploaded ASAP.

* Teams participating, must photo the envelope, bus tickets of each member AND a group photo of said team members (those who wish to remain anonymous as far as the forum goes must still be in the photo, but the identity can be protected by whatever means necessary).

* AndreosConstantopolus Games PLC do not take responsibility for members not having a valid ticket, getting lost, falling out with team members etc.

* #NEBpoints can be accumulated and combined with points gained in other events or activites organised on the forum, such as guess the bus, photos, guess the location etc.

Scores on the doors!
aureolin 20#NEBpoints
DanPick 5 #NEBpoints

Adrian

01 Jun 2014, 9:32 pm #2
Count me in. May be worth having a starting point and rendezvous point for later on though?

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
01 Jun 2014, 9:32 pm #2

Count me in. May be worth having a starting point and rendezvous point for later on though?

MurdnunoC

01 Jun 2014, 9:51 pm #3
Would love to participate but, unfortunately, I have to work Saturdays. For that reason alone - I'm out on this particular occasion.

Sundays (and Mondays), however, are a different matter. If you can be bothered to do it on either of those days then count me in as a dead-cert!
MurdnunoC
01 Jun 2014, 9:51 pm #3

Would love to participate but, unfortunately, I have to work Saturdays. For that reason alone - I'm out on this particular occasion.

Sundays (and Mondays), however, are a different matter. If you can be bothered to do it on either of those days then count me in as a dead-cert!

Michael

01 Jun 2014, 9:51 pm #4
Ill not be doing it.

1 problem... what if some randomer picks up the envelope?

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
01 Jun 2014, 9:51 pm #4

Ill not be doing it.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

MurdnunoC

01 Jun 2014, 9:56 pm #5
(01 Jun 2014, 9:51 pm)Michael Ill not be doing it.

As with any corporation or PLC, the person in charge is absolved from any blame Wink
Edited 01 Jun 2014, 9:57 pm by MurdnunoC.
MurdnunoC
01 Jun 2014, 9:56 pm #5

(01 Jun 2014, 9:51 pm)Michael Ill not be doing it.

As with any corporation or PLC, the person in charge is absolved from any blame Wink

Michael

01 Jun 2014, 10:08 pm #6
(01 Jun 2014, 9:56 pm)AdamY As with any corporation or PLC, the person in charge is absolved from any blame Wink

Haha, sorry i should of read it properly!

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
01 Jun 2014, 10:08 pm #6

(01 Jun 2014, 9:56 pm)AdamY As with any corporation or PLC, the person in charge is absolved from any blame Wink

Haha, sorry i should of read it properly!

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

DanPicken

Banned

02 Jun 2014, 6:09 am #7
wont be able to its my little sisters birthdaySadAngry
DanPicken
02 Jun 2014, 6:09 am #7

wont be able to its my little sisters birthdaySadAngry

Dan

Site Administrator

02 Jun 2014, 6:22 am #8
I should be able to make any of these games if they're held after Wednesday 18th June, but not until! Sorry!
Dan
02 Jun 2014, 6:22 am #8

I should be able to make any of these games if they're held after Wednesday 18th June, but not until! Sorry!

Andreos1

02 Jun 2014, 9:35 am #9
Still plenty of time for people to get their names down. At the moment, it looks like aureolin will be doing it by himself!

Hopefully other participants will register their interest.

@Michael - as with many other faceless plc's, I don't take any responsibility for things going wrong and will issue a generic apology, should things go wrong.
However, I plan to stay in the vicinity of the envelope and keep an eye on events as they unfold.

@AdamY, if there is enough interest going forward, weekday events may be organised. Schools, College and University holidays may provide increased participation.

@the two Dans. Sorry to hear about that. Hopefully you can take part in events going forward, but understand why.
Edited 07 Jun 2014, 6:29 am by Andreos1.

Andreos1
02 Jun 2014, 9:35 am #9

Still plenty of time for people to get their names down. At the moment, it looks like aureolin will be doing it by himself!

Hopefully other participants will register their interest.

@Michael - as with many other faceless plc's, I don't take any responsibility for things going wrong and will issue a generic apology, should things go wrong.
However, I plan to stay in the vicinity of the envelope and keep an eye on events as they unfold.

@AdamY, if there is enough interest going forward, weekday events may be organised. Schools, College and University holidays may provide increased participation.

@the two Dans. Sorry to hear about that. Hopefully you can take part in events going forward, but understand why.

Adrian

02 Jun 2014, 9:41 am #10
(02 Jun 2014, 9:35 am)Andreos Constantopolous Still plenty of time for people to get there names down. At the moment, it looks like aureolin will be doing it by himself!

At least I'll win Big Grin

Adrian
02 Jun 2014, 9:41 am #10

(02 Jun 2014, 9:35 am)Andreos Constantopolous Still plenty of time for people to get there names down. At the moment, it looks like aureolin will be doing it by himself!

At least I'll win Big Grin

02 Jun 2014, 10:41 am #11
I may be able to, seeing as it doesn't start until 1200 I can just use my Teen Card to be at Newcastle for 11:18 then go onwards from there.

Forum Moderator  |  Find us on facebook

[Image: 0a85ed5b4e97324e338555472f222830.png]
northern156
02 Jun 2014, 10:41 am #11

I may be able to, seeing as it doesn't start until 1200 I can just use my Teen Card to be at Newcastle for 11:18 then go onwards from there.

DanPicken

Banned

02 Jun 2014, 2:56 pm #12
(02 Jun 2014, 6:09 am)danpick wont be able to its my little sisters birthdaySadAngry

might actually be able to as the party for her not till about 4
DanPicken
02 Jun 2014, 2:56 pm #12

(02 Jun 2014, 6:09 am)danpick wont be able to its my little sisters birthdaySadAngry

might actually be able to as the party for her not till about 4

DanPicken

Banned

05 Jun 2014, 5:28 pm #13
shall be doing it as my parents evening went wellSmile
Edited 05 Jun 2014, 7:47 pm by DanPicken.
DanPicken
05 Jun 2014, 5:28 pm #13

shall be doing it as my parents evening went wellSmile

Adam

05 Jun 2014, 7:43 pm #14
Never knew about the existence of this until now haha.

I'd love to participate, but likewise with Dan, I've got important exams which I need to revise for. My last one's on June 19th, so after that date I should be able to participate.
Adam
05 Jun 2014, 7:43 pm #14

Never knew about the existence of this until now haha.

I'd love to participate, but likewise with Dan, I've got important exams which I need to revise for. My last one's on June 19th, so after that date I should be able to participate.

Andreos1

05 Jun 2014, 8:19 pm #15
The location has been identified and will be announced at approx 12pm on Saturday afternoon.

Two out of three major operators pass by the location and it is in Tyne & Wear.

Just need to confirm the clues now - which will be sent via PM, to those members who have confirmed they are taking part.

Andreos1
05 Jun 2014, 8:19 pm #15

The location has been identified and will be announced at approx 12pm on Saturday afternoon.

Just need to confirm the clues now - which will be sent via PM, to those members who have confirmed they are taking part.

Tom

05 Jun 2014, 8:21 pm #16
(05 Jun 2014, 8:19 pm)Andreos Constantopolous The location has been identified and will be announced at approx 12pm on Saturday afternoon.

I MAY take part, but there are no guarantees Sad
Tom
05 Jun 2014, 8:21 pm #16

(05 Jun 2014, 8:19 pm)Andreos Constantopolous The location has been identified and will be announced at approx 12pm on Saturday afternoon.

I MAY take part, but there are no guarantees Sad

Adrian

05 Jun 2014, 8:49 pm #17

Who's taking part? Am I allowed to use the car? Wink

Adrian
05 Jun 2014, 8:49 pm #17

Who's taking part? Am I allowed to use the car? Wink

Andreos1

05 Jun 2014, 9:26 pm #18
(05 Jun 2014, 8:49 pm)aureolin Who's taking part? Am I allowed to use the car? Wink

Only the 'envelope hiderer' can use a car.
You can't even cadge a lift or borrow Citaro5284's new car either.
Edited 06 Jun 2014, 7:05 am by Andreos1.

Andreos1
05 Jun 2014, 9:26 pm #18

(05 Jun 2014, 8:49 pm)aureolin Who's taking part? Am I allowed to use the car? Wink

Only the 'envelope hiderer' can use a car.

citaro5284

06 Jun 2014, 4:48 pm #19
(05 Jun 2014, 9:26 pm)Andreos Constantopolous Only the 'envelope hiderer' can use a car.

Pleased about that...nee one is getting their hands on my car!
citaro5284
06 Jun 2014, 4:48 pm #19

(05 Jun 2014, 9:26 pm)Andreos Constantopolous Only the 'envelope hiderer' can use a car.

Pleased about that...nee one is getting their hands on my car!

06 Jun 2014, 6:16 pm #20
Unfortunately I will not be able to take part this Saturday - you'll be lucky if I even wake up before midday the way things are looking!

northern156
06 Jun 2014, 6:16 pm #20

Unfortunately I will not be able to take part this Saturday - you'll be lucky if I even wake up before midday the way things are looking!

Pages (3) 1 2 3 Next

• 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average