Menu

North East Buses The Canteen Off-topic bus chat The Great Bus Envelope Hunt Game

The Great Bus Envelope Hunt Game

The Great Bus Envelope Hunt Game

• 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average

Pages (3): Previous 1 2 3 Next
DanPicken

Banned

06 Jun 2014, 6:47 pm #21
will the participants get a pm with the clues
DanPicken
06 Jun 2014, 6:47 pm #21

will the participants get a pm with the clues

Andreos1

06 Jun 2014, 7:54 pm #22
As a little teaser... The envelope will be located within 'Gateshead' somewhere.

(06 Jun 2014, 6:47 pm)danpick will the participants get a pm with the clues

Yes, if you and everyone else who is taking part can drop me a PM - I will respond to that message with the clues.

edit.
It appeared my inbox was full - so messages couldn't get through.
Sorted now.
Edited 06 Jun 2014, 9:25 pm by Andreos1.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
06 Jun 2014, 7:54 pm #22

As a little teaser... The envelope will be located within 'Gateshead' somewhere.

(06 Jun 2014, 6:47 pm)danpick will the participants get a pm with the clues

Yes, if you and everyone else who is taking part can drop me a PM - I will respond to that message with the clues.

edit.
Sorted now.

Dan

Site Administrator

07 Jun 2014, 6:49 am #23
(06 Jun 2014, 7:54 pm)Andreos Constantopolous As a little teaser... The envelope will be located within 'Gateshead' somewhere.

edit.
Sorted now.

Just edited the settings... It was previously set at 200, but have removed this so that all members can store unlimited PMs like Admins.
Dan
07 Jun 2014, 6:49 am #23

(06 Jun 2014, 7:54 pm)Andreos Constantopolous As a little teaser... The envelope will be located within 'Gateshead' somewhere.

edit.
Sorted now.

Just edited the settings... It was previously set at 200, but have removed this so that all members can store unlimited PMs like Admins.

Andreos1

07 Jun 2014, 7:06 am #24
(07 Jun 2014, 6:49 am)Dan Just edited the settings... It was previously set at 200, but have removed this so that all members can store unlimited PMs like Admins.

Ah excellent. Cheers Dan

Andreos1
07 Jun 2014, 7:06 am #24

(07 Jun 2014, 6:49 am)Dan Just edited the settings... It was previously set at 200, but have removed this so that all members can store unlimited PMs like Admins.

Ah excellent. Cheers Dan

Adrian

07 Jun 2014, 10:47 am #25
This still 2pm? How many are taking part?

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
07 Jun 2014, 10:47 am #25

This still 2pm? How many are taking part?

DanPicken

Banned

07 Jun 2014, 10:49 am #26
(07 Jun 2014, 10:47 am)aureolin This still 2pm? How many are taking part?

its 12 finishes at 2
DanPicken
07 Jun 2014, 10:49 am #26

(07 Jun 2014, 10:47 am)aureolin This still 2pm? How many are taking part?

its 12 finishes at 2

Andreos1

07 Jun 2014, 10:52 am #27
The envelope has been hidden!

It is in 'Gateshead'.

PM's will be sent to those who have pm'd me - containing the first clue.

Public transport must be used.

For a reminder of rules, please see the first post in this thread.

Andreos1
07 Jun 2014, 10:52 am #27

The envelope has been hidden!

It is in 'Gateshead'.

PM's will be sent to those who have pm'd me - containing the first clue.

Public transport must be used.

For a reminder of rules, please see the first post in this thread.

Adrian

07 Jun 2014, 11:45 am #28
When's the second clue due?

Adrian
07 Jun 2014, 11:45 am #28

When's the second clue due?

Andreos1

07 Jun 2014, 12:05 pm #29
The second clue has been given.

Will issue the third one quite quickly.

Andreos1
07 Jun 2014, 12:05 pm #29

The second clue has been given.

Will issue the third one quite quickly.

Andreos1

07 Jun 2014, 1:19 pm #30
All clues have been issued - with the final clue giving the location of the envelope.

Hopefully the waterproof protection has worked!

Andreos1
07 Jun 2014, 1:19 pm #30

All clues have been issued - with the final clue giving the location of the envelope.

Adrian

07 Jun 2014, 1:43 pm #31
(07 Jun 2014, 1:19 pm)Andreos Constantopolous All clues have been issued - with the final clue giving the location of the envelope.

It hasn't :p

[Image: be5ebynu.jpg]

[Image: ra3yhygy.jpg]

[Image: qusety6u.jpg]

Adrian
07 Jun 2014, 1:43 pm #31

(07 Jun 2014, 1:19 pm)Andreos Constantopolous All clues have been issued - with the final clue giving the location of the envelope.

It hasn't :p

Andreos1

07 Jun 2014, 1:52 pm #32
(07 Jun 2014, 1:43 pm)aureolin It hasn't :p

Yay!

You found it!

Well done! 20 #NEBpoints to aureolin.

Andreos1
07 Jun 2014, 1:52 pm #32

(07 Jun 2014, 1:43 pm)aureolin It hasn't :p

Yay!

You found it!

Adrian

07 Jun 2014, 1:55 pm #33
(07 Jun 2014, 1:52 pm)Andreos Constantopolous Yay!

You found it!

Soaked through in the process. Not to mention looking shifty trying to retrieve the envelope.

Who else was in on it? Never seen anyone about, apart from Bazza in Newcastle

Adrian
07 Jun 2014, 1:55 pm #33

(07 Jun 2014, 1:52 pm)Andreos Constantopolous Yay!

You found it!

Soaked through in the process. Not to mention looking shifty trying to retrieve the envelope.

Andreos1

07 Jun 2014, 2:15 pm #34
(07 Jun 2014, 1:55 pm)aureolin Soaked through in the process. Not to mention looking shifty trying to retrieve the envelope.

You and Danpick were getting the clues.

If this game was to be played again, I am not sure the clues would be used again.
Maybe just announce the location outright via PM, with the quickest person there the winner.

Andreos1
07 Jun 2014, 2:15 pm #34

(07 Jun 2014, 1:55 pm)aureolin Soaked through in the process. Not to mention looking shifty trying to retrieve the envelope.

You and Danpick were getting the clues.

If this game was to be played again, I am not sure the clues would be used again.
Maybe just announce the location outright via PM, with the quickest person there the winner.

Adrian

07 Jun 2014, 2:42 pm #35
(07 Jun 2014, 2:15 pm)Andreos Constantopolous You and Danpick were getting the clues.

I think the clues were a good idea, but perhaps too much of a delay between clue 1 and 2. It was a good thing to announce in advance of the rough area, as it helps us folk over 16/18 decide what ticket to buy. The location was actually quite good, but I think it may not be too suitable for some of our younger members, as it's quite secluded at that junction.

Good effort to go all the way over there and drop the envelope though. Big Grin

Adrian
07 Jun 2014, 2:42 pm #35

(07 Jun 2014, 2:15 pm)Andreos Constantopolous You and Danpick were getting the clues.

I think the clues were a good idea, but perhaps too much of a delay between clue 1 and 2. It was a good thing to announce in advance of the rough area, as it helps us folk over 16/18 decide what ticket to buy. The location was actually quite good, but I think it may not be too suitable for some of our younger members, as it's quite secluded at that junction.

Andreos1

07 Jun 2014, 2:49 pm #36
(07 Jun 2014, 2:42 pm)aureolin I think the clues were a good idea, but perhaps too much of a delay between clue 1 and 2. It was a good thing to announce in advance of the rough area, as it helps us folk over 16/18 decide what ticket to buy. The location was actually quite good, but I think it may not be too suitable for some of our younger members, as it's quite secluded at that junction.

The location was inspired by talk of Saltwell Airways recently (with one of the park entrances being next to the junction).
Interesting to get your opinion of it being secluded though. I didn't think it was, but worth taking into account.

Then there was the balance of putting it near a main road, being near bus services and not so that every Tom, Dick and Harry would see it.

Obviously the perk of that location was that ANE and GNE run along Durham Road.
GNE and Nexus Bus run along Saltwell Road, with Joicey Road linking the two.

Take on board comments about the gap between the two clues - blame 'life' getting in the way Wink
Edited 07 Jun 2014, 2:50 pm by Andreos1.

Andreos1
07 Jun 2014, 2:49 pm #36

(07 Jun 2014, 2:42 pm)aureolin I think the clues were a good idea, but perhaps too much of a delay between clue 1 and 2. It was a good thing to announce in advance of the rough area, as it helps us folk over 16/18 decide what ticket to buy. The location was actually quite good, but I think it may not be too suitable for some of our younger members, as it's quite secluded at that junction.

The location was inspired by talk of Saltwell Airways recently (with one of the park entrances being next to the junction).
Interesting to get your opinion of it being secluded though. I didn't think it was, but worth taking into account.

Then there was the balance of putting it near a main road, being near bus services and not so that every Tom, Dick and Harry would see it.

Obviously the perk of that location was that ANE and GNE run along Durham Road.
GNE and Nexus Bus run along Saltwell Road, with Joicey Road linking the two.

Take on board comments about the gap between the two clues - blame 'life' getting in the way Wink

Dan

Site Administrator

07 Jun 2014, 2:50 pm #37

Out of interest, where was the envelope hidden? I was playing at home with the aid of the first hint only. Tongue
Dan
07 Jun 2014, 2:50 pm #37

Out of interest, where was the envelope hidden? I was playing at home with the aid of the first hint only. Tongue

Andreos1

07 Jun 2014, 3:07 pm #38
(07 Jun 2014, 2:50 pm)Dan Out of interest, where was the envelope hidden? I was playing at home with the aid of the first hint only. Tongue

Did you have any ideas or inklings from the first clue then? Wink

It was hidden by one of the entrances to Saltwell Park on the junction of East Park Road and Joicey Road.

Andreos1
07 Jun 2014, 3:07 pm #38

(07 Jun 2014, 2:50 pm)Dan Out of interest, where was the envelope hidden? I was playing at home with the aid of the first hint only. Tongue

Did you have any ideas or inklings from the first clue then? Wink

It was hidden by one of the entrances to Saltwell Park on the junction of East Park Road and Joicey Road.

Adrian

07 Jun 2014, 3:09 pm #39

After the location was announced, it was hidden out of the way but also quite obvious. White envelope sticking out of some of the ivy on the ground.

Adrian
07 Jun 2014, 3:09 pm #39

After the location was announced, it was hidden out of the way but also quite obvious. White envelope sticking out of some of the ivy on the ground.

Dan

Site Administrator

07 Jun 2014, 3:10 pm #40
(07 Jun 2014, 3:07 pm)Andreos Constantopolous Did you have any ideas or inklings from the first clue then? Wink

My immediate assumption was somewhere near Birtley (ANE and GNE), given that it would have been too obvious to hide it somewhere near a location where a Go North East and Stagecoach North East's X34 served.

Wasn't too far off, I guess... Tongue
Dan
07 Jun 2014, 3:10 pm #40

(07 Jun 2014, 3:07 pm)Andreos Constantopolous Did you have any ideas or inklings from the first clue then? Wink

My immediate assumption was somewhere near Birtley (ANE and GNE), given that it would have been too obvious to hide it somewhere near a location where a Go North East and Stagecoach North East's X34 served.

Wasn't too far off, I guess... Tongue

Pages (3): Previous 1 2 3 Next

• 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average