Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Arriva North East Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes

Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes

Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes

• 4 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average

Pages (180) Previous 1124 125 126180 Next
24 Jun 2021, 6:33 pm #2,481
So since GNE will be running the services rather than just running a dupe, how would ticketing work? Would they just add Arriva's tickets to GNE's machines, or would they use Arriva's machines?
streetdeckfan
24 Jun 2021, 6:33 pm #2,481

So since GNE will be running the services rather than just running a dupe, how would ticketing work? Would they just add Arriva's tickets to GNE's machines, or would they use Arriva's machines?

Kuyoyo

25 Jun 2021, 9:05 am #2,482
(24 Jun 2021, 6:09 pm)Driver9*** Mainly down to Durham being unable to keep drivers due to poor wages/conditions. The knock on effect being Jesmond drivers working at Durham to cover shortfall and Blyth drivers moving to Jesmond to fill in for them.

Durham were struggling pre-pandemic - and it's certainly not wages and conditions otherwise other depots would also be struggling (Darlington's issue is still somewhat down to Covid - a well-known member of Darlington's staff is working his final day there today before moving into upper management, and his relief is currently isolating due to a positive test, leaving his successor without any assistance next week).7
Durham's long-term staffing issues could potentially be resolved in September - as it's currently rumoured amongst the staff at Stockton depot that they will be providing the entire output of the X12 from the planned change date that month.
Kuyoyo
25 Jun 2021, 9:05 am #2,482

(24 Jun 2021, 6:09 pm)Driver9*** Mainly down to Durham being unable to keep drivers due to poor wages/conditions. The knock on effect being Jesmond drivers working at Durham to cover shortfall and Blyth drivers moving to Jesmond to fill in for them.

Durham were struggling pre-pandemic - and it's certainly not wages and conditions otherwise other depots would also be struggling (Darlington's issue is still somewhat down to Covid - a well-known member of Darlington's staff is working his final day there today before moving into upper management, and his relief is currently isolating due to a positive test, leaving his successor without any assistance next week).7
Durham's long-term staffing issues could potentially be resolved in September - as it's currently rumoured amongst the staff at Stockton depot that they will be providing the entire output of the X12 from the planned change date that month.

tyresmoke

25 Jun 2021, 9:53 am #2,483
Majority of the issues is down to ongoing strike action at DVLA which is slowing (pretty much stopped!) the flow of new drivers through the training school. Have heard there is a backlog in triple figures of drivers waiting to come in but obviously can’t train them or send them driving until various licence issues are sorted.
Couple that with coaching starting to pick up and drivers leaving to go to other jobs then it’s a recipe for disaster. Arriva are certainly not the only ones struggling of course.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

tyresmoke
25 Jun 2021, 9:53 am #2,483

Majority of the issues is down to ongoing strike action at DVLA which is slowing (pretty much stopped!) the flow of new drivers through the training school. Have heard there is a backlog in triple figures of drivers waiting to come in but obviously can’t train them or send them driving until various licence issues are sorted.
Couple that with coaching starting to pick up and drivers leaving to go to other jobs then it’s a recipe for disaster. Arriva are certainly not the only ones struggling of course.

V514DFT

25 Jun 2021, 12:43 pm #2,484
(25 Jun 2021, 9:53 am)tyresmoke Majority of the issues is down to ongoing strike action at DVLA which is slowing (pretty much stopped!) the flow of new drivers through the training school. Have heard there is a backlog in triple figures of drivers waiting to come in but obviously can’t train them or send them driving until various licence issues are sorted.

I can back that,my mate,left his old job back in August,and he only just started his new job with Stagecoach last month but had applied months beforehand,then obviously had to wait to be able to train

Kind Regards
Tez
V514DFT
25 Jun 2021, 12:43 pm #2,484

(25 Jun 2021, 9:53 am)tyresmoke Majority of the issues is down to ongoing strike action at DVLA which is slowing (pretty much stopped!) the flow of new drivers through the training school. Have heard there is a backlog in triple figures of drivers waiting to come in but obviously can’t train them or send them driving until various licence issues are sorted.

I can back that,my mate,left his old job back in August,and he only just started his new job with Stagecoach last month but had applied months beforehand,then obviously had to wait to be able to train

Kind Regards
Tez

RobinHood

25 Jun 2021, 6:41 pm #2,485

Exactly this.

Arriva weren't flush for drivers since start of the year, so no surprise they are first hit here.

Ive heard Stagecoach are using drivers from elsewhere to help cover work in North East - so this really is going to get worse before it gets better im afraid.

A sign of how bus partnerships will work though - operators asking others to help rather than drop the service level - small evidences of working in partnership for the greater good.
RobinHood
25 Jun 2021, 6:41 pm #2,485

Exactly this.

Arriva weren't flush for drivers since start of the year, so no surprise they are first hit here.

Ive heard Stagecoach are using drivers from elsewhere to help cover work in North East - so this really is going to get worse before it gets better im afraid.

A sign of how bus partnerships will work though - operators asking others to help rather than drop the service level - small evidences of working in partnership for the greater good.

25 Jun 2021, 6:46 pm #2,486
Are the northumbria depots better or worse off, given the reductions to 46, 55 and X10/X11.

Twitter: @ASX_Terranova
Blog: https://asxterranova.home.blog/
ASX_Terranova
25 Jun 2021, 6:46 pm #2,486

Are the northumbria depots better or worse off, given the reductions to 46, 55 and X10/X11.

Twitter: @ASX_Terranova
Blog: https://asxterranova.home.blog/

25 Jun 2021, 7:45 pm #2,487
(25 Jun 2021, 6:46 pm)ASX_Terranova Are the northumbria depots better or worse off, given the reductions to 46, 55 and X10/X11.

These reductions are in addition to the other services at Northumbria that never returned to pre-pandemic frequencies.
omnicity4659
25 Jun 2021, 7:45 pm #2,487

(25 Jun 2021, 6:46 pm)ASX_Terranova Are the northumbria depots better or worse off, given the reductions to 46, 55 and X10/X11.

These reductions are in addition to the other services at Northumbria that never returned to pre-pandemic frequencies.

tyresmoke

25 Jun 2021, 8:27 pm #2,488
A bit of both, Blyth are helping Jesmond out who in turn have drivers helping at Durham. The reductions to frequent services are probably to help with this.
As said above, Stagecoach are borrowing drivers from other divisions to help cover their work, I know Hartlepool have drivers from Rugby and even Scotland to help them out and they're still losing mileage hand over fist, similar happening at Stockton now too.

tyresmoke
25 Jun 2021, 8:27 pm #2,488

A bit of both, Blyth are helping Jesmond out who in turn have drivers helping at Durham. The reductions to frequent services are probably to help with this.
As said above, Stagecoach are borrowing drivers from other divisions to help cover their work, I know Hartlepool have drivers from Rugby and even Scotland to help them out and they're still losing mileage hand over fist, similar happening at Stockton now too.

27 Jun 2021, 9:23 am #2,489
(24 Jun 2021, 10:56 am)Kuyoyo Changes to a number of services in the Darlington, Durham, Newcastle and Blyth areas from Monday

https://www.arrivabus.co.uk/latest-news/...-28th-june
Typical Arriva statement, its the drivers fault they are having to cut back on service levels.
Driver9***
27 Jun 2021, 9:23 am #2,489

(24 Jun 2021, 10:56 am)Kuyoyo Changes to a number of services in the Darlington, Durham, Newcastle and Blyth areas from Monday

https://www.arrivabus.co.uk/latest-news/...-28th-june
Typical Arriva statement, its the drivers fault they are having to cut back on service levels.

mb134

27 Jun 2021, 9:49 am #2,490
(27 Jun 2021, 9:23 am)Driver9*** Typical Arriva statement, its the drivers fault they are having to cut back on service levels.

So you'd rather them lie to the customers?
mb134
27 Jun 2021, 9:49 am #2,490

(27 Jun 2021, 9:23 am)Driver9*** Typical Arriva statement, its the drivers fault they are having to cut back on service levels.

So you'd rather them lie to the customers?

27 Jun 2021, 10:26 am #2,491
(27 Jun 2021, 9:49 am)mb134 So you'd rather them lie to the customers?
Lol. Can't get drivers through the door due to a mixture DVLA delays and poor working conditions, yet they're having to say drivers being off on the sick (which is exactly how that statement would read to an average punter) is the casue of service reductions.

Are you Arriva management by any chance?
Driver9***
27 Jun 2021, 10:26 am #2,491

(27 Jun 2021, 9:49 am)mb134 So you'd rather them lie to the customers?
Lol. Can't get drivers through the door due to a mixture DVLA delays and poor working conditions, yet they're having to say drivers being off on the sick (which is exactly how that statement would read to an average punter) is the casue of service reductions.

mb134

27 Jun 2021, 10:45 am #2,492
(27 Jun 2021, 10:26 am)Driver9*** Lol. Can't get drivers through the door due to a mixture DVLA delays and poor working conditions, yet they're having to say drivers being off on the sick (which is exactly how that statement would read to an average punter) is the casue of service reductions.

It's also true (increased sickness rate) from what I've heard from some drivers. No doubt the other factors you've mentioned are playing a part, but I'd argue they're far harder to explain away to an average punter ("sorry your service isn't running, blame the DVLA" just seems like passing the buck). Saying "high level of driver absence" is something that passengers can easily accept, in the current situation. 

Not a chance. I'm the first to criticise them for certain things (i.e rapidly slipping standards in engineering and presentation), but it's wearisome seeing every single thing the company does be criticised.
mb134
27 Jun 2021, 10:45 am #2,492

(27 Jun 2021, 10:26 am)Driver9*** Lol. Can't get drivers through the door due to a mixture DVLA delays and poor working conditions, yet they're having to say drivers being off on the sick (which is exactly how that statement would read to an average punter) is the casue of service reductions.

It's also true (increased sickness rate) from what I've heard from some drivers. No doubt the other factors you've mentioned are playing a part, but I'd argue they're far harder to explain away to an average punter ("sorry your service isn't running, blame the DVLA" just seems like passing the buck). Saying "high level of driver absence" is something that passengers can easily accept, in the current situation. 

Not a chance. I'm the first to criticise them for certain things (i.e rapidly slipping standards in engineering and presentation), but it's wearisome seeing every single thing the company does be criticised.

V514DFT

27 Jun 2021, 12:43 pm #2,493
Tbh,just be grateful a service is being provided,they could easily of said the 46,55,and X10/X11 will not operate at all,on a seperate question,do Blyth and Jesmond not get along or summit?, my 308 was running late the other day, and was right behind a 306, my driver was blaring his horn at the other driver even though the other driver couldnt move,anyway when the 306 moved he,just in made a comment that is best not to repeat just incase

Kind Regards
Tez
V514DFT
27 Jun 2021, 12:43 pm #2,493

Tbh,just be grateful a service is being provided,they could easily of said the 46,55,and X10/X11 will not operate at all,on a seperate question,do Blyth and Jesmond not get along or summit?, my 308 was running late the other day, and was right behind a 306, my driver was blaring his horn at the other driver even though the other driver couldnt move,anyway when the 306 moved he,just in made a comment that is best not to repeat just incase

Kind Regards
Tez

tcts24

27 Jun 2021, 1:06 pm #2,494
I've applied with Stagecoach Hartlepool the other week. Got through the interview but now have a 5 week delay until I can sit the medical as my opticians are so far behind because they stopped doing eye tests all last year.
tcts24
27 Jun 2021, 1:06 pm #2,494

I've applied with Stagecoach Hartlepool the other week. Got through the interview but now have a 5 week delay until I can sit the medical as my opticians are so far behind because they stopped doing eye tests all last year.

Adrian

27 Jun 2021, 3:40 pm #2,495

I don't think they are blaming anyone. They're citing an operational problem in delivering the service, which to be honest is better than generic terms like 'operational issues' or 'technical issues'.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
27 Jun 2021, 3:40 pm #2,495

I don't think they are blaming anyone. They're citing an operational problem in delivering the service, which to be honest is better than generic terms like 'operational issues' or 'technical issues'.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook

col87

01 Jul 2021, 9:43 pm #2,496
(27 Jun 2021, 1:06 pm)tcts24 I've applied with Stagecoach Hartlepool the other week. Got through the interview but now have a 5 week delay until I can sit the medical as my opticians are so far behind because they stopped doing eye tests all last year.
Look forward to seeing you driving buses in the town then.
col87
01 Jul 2021, 9:43 pm #2,496

(27 Jun 2021, 1:06 pm)tcts24 I've applied with Stagecoach Hartlepool the other week. Got through the interview but now have a 5 week delay until I can sit the medical as my opticians are so far behind because they stopped doing eye tests all last year.
Look forward to seeing you driving buses in the town then.

tvd

12 Jul 2021, 11:55 am #2,497
Does anyone know if the X5 has been reinstated yet, or is returning at all ? Would be nice to have an option of a faster early morning journey into Middlesbrough again at some point.
tvd
12 Jul 2021, 11:55 am #2,497

Does anyone know if the X5 has been reinstated yet, or is returning at all ? Would be nice to have an option of a faster early morning journey into Middlesbrough again at some point.

Train8261

14 Jul 2021, 3:53 pm #2,498
Arriva have a small number of changes happening on the 25th

Most change is the 306 will now run every 30 minutes to Whitley Bay
Train8261
14 Jul 2021, 3:53 pm #2,498

Arriva have a small number of changes happening on the 25th

Thomas12

14 Jul 2021, 4:56 pm #2,499
(14 Jul 2021, 3:53 pm)Train8261 Arriva have a small number of changes happening on the 25th

The 306 has ran to Whitley Bay for years now?
Thomas12
14 Jul 2021, 4:56 pm #2,499

(14 Jul 2021, 3:53 pm)Train8261 Arriva have a small number of changes happening on the 25th

The 306 has ran to Whitley Bay for years now?

Train8261

14 Jul 2021, 5:06 pm #2,500
(14 Jul 2021, 4:56 pm)Thomas12 The 306 has ran to Whitley Bay for years now?
Was meant to add "and won't finish at Tynemouth"
Train8261
14 Jul 2021, 5:06 pm #2,500

(14 Jul 2021, 4:56 pm)Thomas12 The 306 has ran to Whitley Bay for years now?
Was meant to add "and won't finish at Tynemouth"

Pages (180) Previous 1124 125 126180 Next

• 4 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average