Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Arriva North East Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes

Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes

Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes

• 4 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average

Pages (181) Previous 113 14 15181 Next
Jimmi

22 Oct 2014, 4:35 pm #261
Another registration on VOSA:

PB0002717/382 - ARRIVA DURHAM COUNTY LTD, 1 ADMIRAL WAY, DOXFORD INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS PARK, SUNDERLAND, SR3 3XP
Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between Durham and Sunderland given service number 22 effective from 27-Oct-2014. To amend Route and Timetable.
Jimmi
22 Oct 2014, 4:35 pm #261

Another registration on VOSA:

PB0002717/382 - ARRIVA DURHAM COUNTY LTD, 1 ADMIRAL WAY, DOXFORD INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS PARK, SUNDERLAND, SR3 3XP
Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between Durham and Sunderland given service number 22 effective from 27-Oct-2014. To amend Route and Timetable.

Michael

22 Oct 2014, 8:10 pm #262
Arriva North East celebrated the launch of 5 new micro-hybrid buses and 3 gas buses on services running from Sunderland into East Durham and Darlington. - See more at:

http://www.arrivabus.co.uk/north-east/La...underland/

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
22 Oct 2014, 8:10 pm #262

Arriva North East celebrated the launch of 5 new micro-hybrid buses and 3 gas buses on services running from Sunderland into East Durham and Darlington. - See more at:

http://www.arrivabus.co.uk/north-east/La...underland/

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Andreos1

22 Oct 2014, 8:21 pm #263
They're really pushing their services on the Sunderland - Peterlee corridor mind!

#buswar
#hashtagsonNEB

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
22 Oct 2014, 8:21 pm #263

They're really pushing their services on the Sunderland - Peterlee corridor mind!

#buswar
#hashtagsonNEB

'Illegitimis non carborundum'

Michael

22 Oct 2014, 8:25 pm #264
(22 Oct 2014, 8:21 pm)Andreos1 They're really pushing their services on the Sunderland - Peterlee corridor mind!

#buswar
#hashtagsonNEB

Good!

Arriva need to be more in Sunderland because it was founded in Sunderland... hence why i hope Arriva get most of the Sunderland services for the QC Tongue 

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
22 Oct 2014, 8:25 pm #264

(22 Oct 2014, 8:21 pm)Andreos1 They're really pushing their services on the Sunderland - Peterlee corridor mind!

#buswar
#hashtagsonNEB

Good!

Arriva need to be more in Sunderland because it was founded in Sunderland... hence why i hope Arriva get most of the Sunderland services for the QC Tongue 

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Dan

Site Administrator

22 Oct 2014, 8:32 pm #265
(22 Oct 2014, 8:25 pm)Michael Good!

Do remember that there only tends to be one winner in a 'bus war', with one service either being withdrawn or facing cuts in each review the service receives... I needn't remind everyone of the recent examples, as I've done these to death in posts in the past.

If - and it's a big if - Go North East's service starts running at a loss due to the increased patronage Arriva will expect to see on service 23 (due to the investment), and a competing service being implemented which offers a slightly quicker journey time, then it's entirely possible that service X7 will face cuts and it could potentially lead to the service's withdrawal.

Potentially bad news for Peterlee drivers if there is a PVR reduction at their depot, and definite bad news for customers who currently benefit from unlimited travel on all "East Durham" services, "Fast Cats" X35 and "Wear Tees Xpress" X7 (Sunderland - Wingate) with GNE's "East Durham" saver ticket. The price of this ticket is unlikely to decrease, even if there was 'less value for money' due to the withdrawal of the X7 service...

Competition can be a good thing in the sense that operators will battle at first - perhaps implementing cheaper fares or more features on-board buses - but I'd suggest that it doesn't always end well which is why I will always remain sceptical about competing services.
Dan
22 Oct 2014, 8:32 pm #265

(22 Oct 2014, 8:25 pm)Michael Good!

Do remember that there only tends to be one winner in a 'bus war', with one service either being withdrawn or facing cuts in each review the service receives... I needn't remind everyone of the recent examples, as I've done these to death in posts in the past.

If - and it's a big if - Go North East's service starts running at a loss due to the increased patronage Arriva will expect to see on service 23 (due to the investment), and a competing service being implemented which offers a slightly quicker journey time, then it's entirely possible that service X7 will face cuts and it could potentially lead to the service's withdrawal.

Potentially bad news for Peterlee drivers if there is a PVR reduction at their depot, and definite bad news for customers who currently benefit from unlimited travel on all "East Durham" services, "Fast Cats" X35 and "Wear Tees Xpress" X7 (Sunderland - Wingate) with GNE's "East Durham" saver ticket. The price of this ticket is unlikely to decrease, even if there was 'less value for money' due to the withdrawal of the X7 service...

Competition can be a good thing in the sense that operators will battle at first - perhaps implementing cheaper fares or more features on-board buses - but I'd suggest that it doesn't always end well which is why I will always remain sceptical about competing services.

Michael

22 Oct 2014, 8:35 pm #266
(22 Oct 2014, 8:32 pm)Dan Do remember that there only tends to be one winner in a 'bus war', with one service either being withdrawn or facing cuts in each review the service receives... I needn't remind everyone of the recent examples, as I've done these to death in posts in the past.

Bad news for Peterlee drivers if there is a PVR reduction at their depot, and bad news for customers who currently benefit from unlimited travel on all "East Durham" services, "Fast Cats" X35 and "Wear Tees Xpress" X7 (Sunderland - Wingate) with GNE's "East Durham" saver ticket. The price of this ticket is unlikely to decrease, even if there was 'less value for money' due to the withdrawal of the X7 service...

Competition can be a good thing in the sense that operators will battle at first - perhaps implementing cheaper fares or more features on-board buses - but I'd suggest that it doesn't always end well.

It won't be good but its good we will see some competition again... anyway... its only a 4 min difference from Sunderland to Peterlee on the X7 and X21 

X7 - 30 mins 
X21 - 26 mins 

I really think passengers will just stick to what they currently use.. the 21 and 22 may loose a few to the X21 though but it only runs hourly and the X7 and X21 don't leave at the same time. 
Edited 22 Oct 2014, 8:36 pm by Michael.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
22 Oct 2014, 8:35 pm #266

(22 Oct 2014, 8:32 pm)Dan Do remember that there only tends to be one winner in a 'bus war', with one service either being withdrawn or facing cuts in each review the service receives... I needn't remind everyone of the recent examples, as I've done these to death in posts in the past.

Bad news for Peterlee drivers if there is a PVR reduction at their depot, and bad news for customers who currently benefit from unlimited travel on all "East Durham" services, "Fast Cats" X35 and "Wear Tees Xpress" X7 (Sunderland - Wingate) with GNE's "East Durham" saver ticket. The price of this ticket is unlikely to decrease, even if there was 'less value for money' due to the withdrawal of the X7 service...

Competition can be a good thing in the sense that operators will battle at first - perhaps implementing cheaper fares or more features on-board buses - but I'd suggest that it doesn't always end well.

It won't be good but its good we will see some competition again... anyway... its only a 4 min difference from Sunderland to Peterlee on the X7 and X21 

X7 - 30 mins 
X21 - 26 mins 

I really think passengers will just stick to what they currently use.. the 21 and 22 may loose a few to the X21 though but it only runs hourly and the X7 and X21 don't leave at the same time. 

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Jimmi

22 Oct 2014, 9:02 pm #267

X7 - 30 mins
 X21 - 26 mins
I think the new X21 won't kill the X7, when I've seen it has arrived in Peterlee with decent loads from the Boro end of the route and has then left for Sunderland with another decent load. Also I think the X7 will still be in front of the 21A between Station Town and Peterlee Bus Station and is also faster than the 21A. I have also seen a few passengers travelling from Peterlee to Seaham too. Also the X7 is about 30 minutes apart from the 21/X21. There is also the passengers who may use the East Durham services and then get the X7 to Sunderland and won't want to use two different operators because it would cost more.
Jimmi
22 Oct 2014, 9:02 pm #267

X7 - 30 mins
 X21 - 26 mins
I think the new X21 won't kill the X7, when I've seen it has arrived in Peterlee with decent loads from the Boro end of the route and has then left for Sunderland with another decent load. Also I think the X7 will still be in front of the 21A between Station Town and Peterlee Bus Station and is also faster than the 21A. I have also seen a few passengers travelling from Peterlee to Seaham too. Also the X7 is about 30 minutes apart from the 21/X21. There is also the passengers who may use the East Durham services and then get the X7 to Sunderland and won't want to use two different operators because it would cost more.

Tom

22 Oct 2014, 9:07 pm #268
I've only used the X7 about five times, and four out of five the loadings have been excellent. The first time was the full route, Sunderland to Stockton, and it was average from Sunderland to Seaham, and then relatively busy to Wingate, but quietened down to Middlesbrough. Other times have been from Sunderland to Peterlee, and have had excellent loads.

To me, the X7 seems a much more attractive option - nicer buses, better value fares, more connections etc. But lets see how it goes, I think the X21 will be withdrawn after a year. 
Tom
22 Oct 2014, 9:07 pm #268

I've only used the X7 about five times, and four out of five the loadings have been excellent. The first time was the full route, Sunderland to Stockton, and it was average from Sunderland to Seaham, and then relatively busy to Wingate, but quietened down to Middlesbrough. Other times have been from Sunderland to Peterlee, and have had excellent loads.

To me, the X7 seems a much more attractive option - nicer buses, better value fares, more connections etc. But lets see how it goes, I think the X21 will be withdrawn after a year. 

Jimmi

22 Oct 2014, 9:20 pm #269

The first few time I used which was the week it launched it had very few passengers, although the weather was awful that day. The second time I rode it from Sunderland to Stockton it was okay but not spectacular and was running about 10 minutes late so it lost some custom to the 21A. I recently rode the service between Peterlee and Seaham and it was packed there was one person standing too. Also recently rode it between Middlesbrough and Stockton and had a good few on.

I really hope the X21 can be a success too, as I like having a direct bus to Sunderland and not have to change buses in Durham or Peterlee and I will certainly be using this service on a regular basis and hopefully it won't be withdrawn after a year or so.
Jimmi
22 Oct 2014, 9:20 pm #269

The first few time I used which was the week it launched it had very few passengers, although the weather was awful that day. The second time I rode it from Sunderland to Stockton it was okay but not spectacular and was running about 10 minutes late so it lost some custom to the 21A. I recently rode the service between Peterlee and Seaham and it was packed there was one person standing too. Also recently rode it between Middlesbrough and Stockton and had a good few on.

I really hope the X21 can be a success too, as I like having a direct bus to Sunderland and not have to change buses in Durham or Peterlee and I will certainly be using this service on a regular basis and hopefully it won't be withdrawn after a year or so.

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

23 Oct 2014, 11:28 am #270
Arriva have staff out in Peterlee Bus Station today plugging the changes
MrFozz
23 Oct 2014, 11:28 am #270

Arriva have staff out in Peterlee Bus Station today plugging the changes

cbma06

23 Oct 2014, 12:00 pm #271
(23 Oct 2014, 11:28 am)marxistafozzski Arriva have staff out in Peterlee Bus Station today plugging the changes

Their been there all this week

cbma06
23 Oct 2014, 12:00 pm #271

(23 Oct 2014, 11:28 am)marxistafozzski Arriva have staff out in Peterlee Bus Station today plugging the changes

Their been there all this week

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

23 Oct 2014, 12:29 pm #272
(23 Oct 2014, 12:00 pm)cbma06 Their been there all this week
First time I been to Peterlee for ages Smile
MrFozz
23 Oct 2014, 12:29 pm #272

(23 Oct 2014, 12:00 pm)cbma06 Their been there all this week
First time I been to Peterlee for ages Smile

Jimmi

23 Oct 2014, 12:47 pm #273
REVISED ROUTE - SERVICE 22 IN WHEATLEY HILL

From Monday, Service 22 will be required to operate a small diversion due to a road closure.

Buses will operate via a small section of Quetlaw Road, omitting part of Henderson Avenue between Jack Lawson Terrace and Quilstyle Road.

All bus stops will continue to be served and there will be no change to timetables whilst this diversion is in place.
Jimmi
23 Oct 2014, 12:47 pm #273

REVISED ROUTE - SERVICE 22 IN WHEATLEY HILL

From Monday, Service 22 will be required to operate a small diversion due to a road closure.

Buses will operate via a small section of Quetlaw Road, omitting part of Henderson Avenue between Jack Lawson Terrace and Quilstyle Road.

All bus stops will continue to be served and there will be no change to timetables whilst this diversion is in place.

cbma06

23 Oct 2014, 1:13 pm #274
(23 Oct 2014, 12:29 pm)marxistafozzski First time I been to Peterlee for ages Smile

You not missing anything here lol

cbma06
23 Oct 2014, 1:13 pm #274

(23 Oct 2014, 12:29 pm)marxistafozzski First time I been to Peterlee for ages Smile

You not missing anything here lol

Michael

23 Oct 2014, 1:45 pm #275
On the X21 towards Peterlee will it say:    Peterlee for Darlington

Same as the 21 or 21A (can't remember which one it will link with) from Darlington will it say: Peterlee for Sunderland
Edited 23 Oct 2014, 1:46 pm by Michael.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
23 Oct 2014, 1:45 pm #275

On the X21 towards Peterlee will it say:    Peterlee for Darlington

Same as the 21 or 21A (can't remember which one it will link with) from Darlington will it say: Peterlee for Sunderland

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

23 Oct 2014, 1:47 pm #276
(23 Oct 2014, 1:45 pm)Michael On the X21 towards Peterlee will it say:    Peterlee for Darlington

Isn't that how it was with the 21/31 back in the day
MrFozz
23 Oct 2014, 1:47 pm #276

(23 Oct 2014, 1:45 pm)Michael On the X21 towards Peterlee will it say:    Peterlee for Darlington

Michael

23 Oct 2014, 1:52 pm #277
NEXUS has updated there bus stop liners to on the site for changes this weekend

http://liners.nexus.org.uk/25298.pdf - All of Ryhope's has being updated

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
23 Oct 2014, 1:52 pm #277

NEXUS has updated there bus stop liners to on the site for changes this weekend

http://liners.nexus.org.uk/25298.pdf - All of Ryhope's has being updated

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Michael

23 Oct 2014, 1:53 pm #278
(23 Oct 2014, 1:47 pm)marxistafozzski Isn't that how it was with the 21/31 back in the day

I can't remember =(

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
23 Oct 2014, 1:53 pm #278

(23 Oct 2014, 1:47 pm)marxistafozzski Isn't that how it was with the 21/31 back in the day

I can't remember =(

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Jimmi

23 Oct 2014, 2:00 pm #279
Yup.
Peterlee for Sunderland
Peterlee for Darlington

I imagine it will be the same again, if not something similar.
Jimmi
23 Oct 2014, 2:00 pm #279

Yup.
Peterlee for Sunderland
Peterlee for Darlington

MrPottski

23 Oct 2014, 5:21 pm #280
(23 Oct 2014, 2:00 pm)Jimmi Yup.
Peterlee for Sunderland
Peterlee for Darlington

It was supposed to be:

X21 Sunderland express via A19

However I think the commercial department have stuck their oar in, notice the screens on 4802 have changed to commercial dept approved variations, similar to Stockton/Durham but with a different font. Don't forget as well the ex-demo buses don't have Hanover displays so I don't think they can display the same info.

#destinationscreengeek
MrPottski
23 Oct 2014, 5:21 pm #280

(23 Oct 2014, 2:00 pm)Jimmi Yup.
Peterlee for Sunderland
Peterlee for Darlington

It was supposed to be:

X21 Sunderland express via A19

However I think the commercial department have stuck their oar in, notice the screens on 4802 have changed to commercial dept approved variations, similar to Stockton/Durham but with a different font. Don't forget as well the ex-demo buses don't have Hanover displays so I don't think they can display the same info.

#destinationscreengeek

Pages (181) Previous 113 14 15181 Next

• 4 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average