Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Stagecoach North East Stagecoach North East Latest News

Stagecoach North East Latest News

Stagecoach North East Latest News

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (131) Previous 1129 130 131
Storx

1 hour ago #2,601
(9 hours ago)Rapidsnap I had a little play around. If Stagecoach had money to burn and wish to rebuild Hartlepool depot, I would purchase the spare land and build new depot and offices on that (highlighted with yellow for engineering area, and red for offices, with staff parking in the orange area.) I would put a new entrance / exit onto Usworth Road (purple box) which is a quieter road for vehicles to leave the depot and to avoid conflict with traffic with the nearby Aldi. I would also close up the old exit at the North End of the depot. The fuelling and wash area would be moved over to the East side of the depot next to Brenda Road (blue box), whilst space left  from demolition of old buildings and old fuel / wash area would be used for bus parking with vehicles parked in a straight line like at other depots and also parking bays at the North End of the depot for vehicles that are long term off road or awaiting repair.

Tbh long term I wouldn't be surprised if they rebuilt Stockton instead and turn Hartlepool into an outstation at the same time

The place looks like it's ready to fall down. Wouldn't be difficult to do as you could just swap over buses at Middlesbrough on the 1/36
Edited 1 hour ago by Storx.
Storx
1 hour ago #2,601

(9 hours ago)Rapidsnap I had a little play around. If Stagecoach had money to burn and wish to rebuild Hartlepool depot, I would purchase the spare land and build new depot and offices on that (highlighted with yellow for engineering area, and red for offices, with staff parking in the orange area.) I would put a new entrance / exit onto Usworth Road (purple box) which is a quieter road for vehicles to leave the depot and to avoid conflict with traffic with the nearby Aldi. I would also close up the old exit at the North End of the depot. The fuelling and wash area would be moved over to the East side of the depot next to Brenda Road (blue box), whilst space left  from demolition of old buildings and old fuel / wash area would be used for bus parking with vehicles parked in a straight line like at other depots and also parking bays at the North End of the depot for vehicles that are long term off road or awaiting repair.

Tbh long term I wouldn't be surprised if they rebuilt Stockton instead and turn Hartlepool into an outstation at the same time

The place looks like it's ready to fall down. Wouldn't be difficult to do as you could just swap over buses at Middlesbrough on the 1/36

col87

59 minutes ago #2,602
(1 hour ago)Storx Tbh long term I wouldn't be surprised if they rebuilt Stockton instead and turn Hartlepool into an outstation at the same time

It more or less already is as on Evenings and Weekends control is done from Stockton and any repairs or change of buses will be done by Stockton. Any major repairs are done by Stockton or Sunderland.  It’s been rumoured for years that Hartlepool depot could close but hopefully that won’t be the case although wouldn’t be a surprise if it did happen.
col87
59 minutes ago #2,602

(1 hour ago)Storx Tbh long term I wouldn't be surprised if they rebuilt Stockton instead and turn Hartlepool into an outstation at the same time

It more or less already is as on Evenings and Weekends control is done from Stockton and any repairs or change of buses will be done by Stockton. Any major repairs are done by Stockton or Sunderland.  It’s been rumoured for years that Hartlepool depot could close but hopefully that won’t be the case although wouldn’t be a surprise if it did happen.

Pages (131) Previous 1129 130 131

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average