Menu

North East Buses The Canteen General off-topic chat The Bill

The Bill

The Bill

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (7): Previous 1 2 3 47 Next
Adrian

27 Sep 2014, 7:29 am #41
(25 Sep 2014, 9:18 pm)AdamY Such an odd pairing but one that worked. Des gave Reg an added dimension to his character; it's a shame he was killed-off really although I couldn't see his character being used in the similar manner to Don Beech or Zain Nadir - an ex-copper providing information while behind bars.

Paul Usher is another actor who's all but disappeared from our screens. I surprised he never moved onto something else.
I ended up watching the Lost Weekend last night. Paul Usher is brilliant in it.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
27 Sep 2014, 7:29 am #41

(25 Sep 2014, 9:18 pm)AdamY Such an odd pairing but one that worked. Des gave Reg an added dimension to his character; it's a shame he was killed-off really although I couldn't see his character being used in the similar manner to Don Beech or Zain Nadir - an ex-copper providing information while behind bars.

Paul Usher is another actor who's all but disappeared from our screens. I surprised he never moved onto something else.
I ended up watching the Lost Weekend last night. Paul Usher is brilliant in it.

MurdnunoC

27 Sep 2014, 11:42 am #42
(27 Sep 2014, 7:29 am)aureolin I ended up watching the Lost Weekend last night. Paul Usher is brilliant in it.

Yeah I've been watching a few old Brookside clips on YouTube too.

I think I started watching around the time of when a cult was occupying one of the houses on the close. Obviously, Barry Grant was involved in that storyline but it's been interesting to watch things prior to this such as his showdown with Terry Sullivan (Grant had just admitted to causing the deaths of Terry's wife and son); a fight with Jimmy Corkhill (where Jimmy surprisingly batters Barry); and his strange partnership with Oscar Dean over the past few days.

Lost Weekend is the one with the Finnegans isn't it?
MurdnunoC
27 Sep 2014, 11:42 am #42

(27 Sep 2014, 7:29 am)aureolin I ended up watching the Lost Weekend last night. Paul Usher is brilliant in it.

Yeah I've been watching a few old Brookside clips on YouTube too.

I think I started watching around the time of when a cult was occupying one of the houses on the close. Obviously, Barry Grant was involved in that storyline but it's been interesting to watch things prior to this such as his showdown with Terry Sullivan (Grant had just admitted to causing the deaths of Terry's wife and son); a fight with Jimmy Corkhill (where Jimmy surprisingly batters Barry); and his strange partnership with Oscar Dean over the past few days.

Adrian

27 Sep 2014, 1:43 pm #43
(27 Sep 2014, 11:42 am)AdamY Yeah I've been watching a few old Brookside clips on YouTube too.

It is aye. Claire Sweeney's outfit... ;-)

Adrian
27 Sep 2014, 1:43 pm #43

(27 Sep 2014, 11:42 am)AdamY Yeah I've been watching a few old Brookside clips on YouTube too.

It is aye. Claire Sweeney's outfit... ;-)

MurdnunoC

01 Nov 2014, 11:56 am #44
Debated which thread to put this, but since it contains a specific reference to The Bill, I've decided to stick it here.

Last night, I was waiting behind a woman in a queue whilst waiting to purchase something. The woman was filling in an application for something or other and, to be honest, I wasn't really paying much attention until I heard her name - Jasmine Allen.

Of course, the Jasmine Allen Estate, a recurring location featured in The Bill immediately sprang to mind.

It brought a smile to face!
MurdnunoC
01 Nov 2014, 11:56 am #44

Debated which thread to put this, but since it contains a specific reference to The Bill, I've decided to stick it here.

Last night, I was waiting behind a woman in a queue whilst waiting to purchase something. The woman was filling in an application for something or other and, to be honest, I wasn't really paying much attention until I heard her name - Jasmine Allen.

Of course, the Jasmine Allen Estate, a recurring location featured in The Bill immediately sprang to mind.

Adrian

01 Nov 2014, 12:40 pm #45
(01 Nov 2014, 11:56 am)AdamY Debated which thread to put this, but since it contains a specific reference to The Bill, I've decided to stick it here.

Big Grin

Been watching The Bill on Drama lately? Sun Hill fire has not long happened.

Adrian
01 Nov 2014, 12:40 pm #45

(01 Nov 2014, 11:56 am)AdamY Debated which thread to put this, but since it contains a specific reference to The Bill, I've decided to stick it here.

Big Grin

MurdnunoC

01 Nov 2014, 1:04 pm #46
(01 Nov 2014, 12:40 pm)aureolin Big Grin

Nah. I don't have Sky so I'm unable to view The Bill on Drama. I was aware however that The Sun Hill Fire episodes had just aired. I was at my brothers house around a week ago and he was watching one the episodes which took place after the fire. Sam Harkes (sp?) had just woken up with Des Taviner looking on in horror.

I'm currently watching the whole Ray Moore saga courtesy of videos placed upon Daily Motion and YouTube.

MurdnunoC
01 Nov 2014, 1:04 pm #46

(01 Nov 2014, 12:40 pm)aureolin Big Grin

Nah. I don't have Sky so I'm unable to view The Bill on Drama. I was aware however that The Sun Hill Fire episodes had just aired. I was at my brothers house around a week ago and he was watching one the episodes which took place after the fire. Sam Harkes (sp?) had just woken up with Des Taviner looking on in horror.

I'm currently watching the whole Ray Moore saga courtesy of videos placed upon Daily Motion and YouTube.

Andreos1

17 Nov 2014, 10:12 pm #47
The perks of being on the sick - opportunities to see The Bill!

In todays episode on Drama...
The team thought they had won the lottery, until Reg Holis revealed he changed a number.
Jim.Carver is declaring his love for June Ackland.
Tony Stamp is accused of child abuse, by the guy who replaced Dennis Waterman in Minder. Gina Gold was the officer who took the complaint.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
17 Nov 2014, 10:12 pm #47

The perks of being on the sick - opportunities to see The Bill!

In todays episode on Drama...
The team thought they had won the lottery, until Reg Holis revealed he changed a number.
Jim.Carver is declaring his love for June Ackland.
Tony Stamp is accused of child abuse, by the guy who replaced Dennis Waterman in Minder. Gina Gold was the officer who took the complaint.

Adrian

09 Dec 2014, 4:30 pm #48
Been watching a few episodes from Drama last week, which I'd sky+'d. Last Wednesday's episode, we had Corrie's Jim McDonald kidnapping Reg Hollis, and last Thu/Fri we had Trigger from Only Fools and Horses running a dealing racket in a nightclub!

Adrian
09 Dec 2014, 4:30 pm #48

Been watching a few episodes from Drama last week, which I'd sky+'d. Last Wednesday's episode, we had Corrie's Jim McDonald kidnapping Reg Hollis, and last Thu/Fri we had Trigger from Only Fools and Horses running a dealing racket in a nightclub!

Andreos1

09 Jan 2015, 11:08 am #49
Caught it the other day and Leanne from Coronation Street is playing a lesbian. Forgot she was in it for a short while.
Des Taviner was trying to 'convert' her, but panicked when she started to play the game and pretended to come on to him.

Andreos1
09 Jan 2015, 11:08 am #49

Caught it the other day and Leanne from Coronation Street is playing a lesbian. Forgot she was in it for a short while.
Des Taviner was trying to 'convert' her, but panicked when she started to play the game and pretended to come on to him.

MurdnunoC

09 Jan 2015, 11:22 am #50
(09 Jan 2015, 11:08 am)Andreos1 Caught it the other day and Leanne from Coronation Street is playing a lesbian. Forgot she was in it for a short while.

If I recall, Des and Gemma (Leanne) had some sort of competition to establish who was the best Area Car Driver. There may have been a street-race between the two at one point. 
MurdnunoC
09 Jan 2015, 11:22 am #50

(09 Jan 2015, 11:08 am)Andreos1 Caught it the other day and Leanne from Coronation Street is playing a lesbian. Forgot she was in it for a short while.

If I recall, Des and Gemma (Leanne) had some sort of competition to establish who was the best Area Car Driver. There may have been a street-race between the two at one point. 

Andreos1

09 Jan 2015, 12:40 pm #51
That might have been Wednesdays episode. Sure I read on the epg that the Sunhill streets were turned into a racetrack - or along those lines anyway.

Andreos1
09 Jan 2015, 12:40 pm #51

That might have been Wednesdays episode. Sure I read on the epg that the Sunhill streets were turned into a racetrack - or along those lines anyway.

Adrian

09 Jan 2015, 7:54 pm #52
The Bronte turf wars episodes were on recently too, which was Adam Okaro's first few episodes. Not to mention Phil Hunter getting down with a school kid!

Adrian
09 Jan 2015, 7:54 pm #52

The Bronte turf wars episodes were on recently too, which was Adam Okaro's first few episodes. Not to mention Phil Hunter getting down with a school kid!

MurdnunoC

09 Jan 2015, 7:57 pm #53
(09 Jan 2015, 7:54 pm)aureolin The Bronte turf wars episodes were on recently too, which was Adam Okaro's first few episodes. Not to mention Phil Hunter getting down with a school kid!

As did Matt Boyden. You can't trust the police in Sun Hill.
MurdnunoC
09 Jan 2015, 7:57 pm #53

(09 Jan 2015, 7:54 pm)aureolin The Bronte turf wars episodes were on recently too, which was Adam Okaro's first few episodes. Not to mention Phil Hunter getting down with a school kid!

As did Matt Boyden. You can't trust the police in Sun Hill.

Adrian

09 Jan 2015, 7:59 pm #54
(09 Jan 2015, 7:57 pm)MurdnunoC As did Matt Boyden. You can't trust the police in Sun Hill.

Didn't he get involved with DI Nixon's daughter too?

Adrian
09 Jan 2015, 7:59 pm #54

(09 Jan 2015, 7:57 pm)MurdnunoC As did Matt Boyden. You can't trust the police in Sun Hill.

Didn't he get involved with DI Nixon's daughter too?

MurdnunoC

09 Jan 2015, 8:04 pm #55
(09 Jan 2015, 7:59 pm)aureolin Didn't he get involved with DI Nixon's daughter too?

Yup. Abi Nixon, played by Georgia Moffett who went on to star in Skins and one episode of Doctor Who where she plays his daughter.
MurdnunoC
09 Jan 2015, 8:04 pm #55

(09 Jan 2015, 7:59 pm)aureolin Didn't he get involved with DI Nixon's daughter too?

Yup. Abi Nixon, played by Georgia Moffett who went on to star in Skins and one episode of Doctor Who where she plays his daughter.

Andreos1

09 Jan 2015, 8:07 pm #56
She went missing at the end of the episode on Tuesday.

Left a message on the fridge, using fridge magnets.

Can't remember the storyline or what happened.

Andreos1
09 Jan 2015, 8:07 pm #56

She went missing at the end of the episode on Tuesday.

Left a message on the fridge, using fridge magnets.

Can't remember the storyline or what happened.

MurdnunoC

09 Jan 2015, 8:17 pm #57
She ends up in some sort of relationship with Nixon's profiling mentor. She sends Nixon on a wild goose chase in a strange act of revenge/teenage rebellion.
MurdnunoC
09 Jan 2015, 8:17 pm #57

She ends up in some sort of relationship with Nixon's profiling mentor. She sends Nixon on a wild goose chase in a strange act of revenge/teenage rebellion.

Andreos1

09 Jan 2015, 8:22 pm #58
Seeing as Harry Hill is making his Saturday night TV comeback with 'Stars in their Eyes' - thought this might remind people of his last regular Saturday night TV show.

http://youtu.be/rr2rGc4xjnc

Andreos1
09 Jan 2015, 8:22 pm #58

Seeing as Harry Hill is making his Saturday night TV comeback with 'Stars in their Eyes' - thought this might remind people of his last regular Saturday night TV show.

http://youtu.be/rr2rGc4xjnc

MurdnunoC

10 Jan 2015, 12:07 pm #59
Looking at The Bill wiki, this is how the storyline involving Abi Nixon's abduction/disappearance unfolds.

http://thebill.wikia.com/wiki/Abigail_Nixon

Quote:Kidnapped by Dr. Hugh Wallis

After she turned him down again, DS Samantha Nixon's life was thrown into turmoil when ex lover, profiler Dr. Hugh Wallis abducted Sam's daughter and eventually came clean, as Abigail was trapped in a container. He told Sam You need to know how it feels to hurt. To lose someone you truly care about. Abigail was rescued but there was no evidence on Hugh, and to add insult to injury, he embarked on a relationship with Abigail, and she became pregnant, and they planned to marry. Nixon went too far, abducting Abigail, who had been drugged by Wallis, while DS Phil Hunter distracted the control freak. When cornered by CID and Wallis, Nixon and her daughter rekindled their relationship, and Abigail named Hugh as her abductor.
MurdnunoC
10 Jan 2015, 12:07 pm #59

Looking at The Bill wiki, this is how the storyline involving Abi Nixon's abduction/disappearance unfolds.

http://thebill.wikia.com/wiki/Abigail_Nixon

Quote:Kidnapped by Dr. Hugh Wallis

After she turned him down again, DS Samantha Nixon's life was thrown into turmoil when ex lover, profiler Dr. Hugh Wallis abducted Sam's daughter and eventually came clean, as Abigail was trapped in a container. He told Sam You need to know how it feels to hurt. To lose someone you truly care about. Abigail was rescued but there was no evidence on Hugh, and to add insult to injury, he embarked on a relationship with Abigail, and she became pregnant, and they planned to marry. Nixon went too far, abducting Abigail, who had been drugged by Wallis, while DS Phil Hunter distracted the control freak. When cornered by CID and Wallis, Nixon and her daughter rekindled their relationship, and Abigail named Hugh as her abductor.

Andreos1

14 Jan 2015, 8:58 pm #60
Put the telly on before and Okara was on the telly!

He is in a new show called 'Banana' on Ch4. Starts in a few weeks. 

Looks like Keith Allen is in it, so if you can put up with him...

Andreos1
14 Jan 2015, 8:58 pm #60

Put the telly on before and Okara was on the telly!

He is in a new show called 'Banana' on Ch4. Starts in a few weeks. 

Looks like Keith Allen is in it, so if you can put up with him...

Pages (7): Previous 1 2 3 47 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average