Menu

North East Buses The Canteen General off-topic chat The Bill

The Bill

The Bill

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (7): 1 2 37 Next
MurdnunoC

25 Jun 2014, 12:29 pm #1
(25 Jun 2014, 12:18 pm)Andreos Constantopolous Not sure about anywhere in Felling, but the old Elf garage in Birtley (by the leisure centre) was used.

I'm pretty sure that the deliberately grotty second-hand car garage used for DCI Frank Burnside's undercover operations was based on Sunderland Road. But that being said, it could have been any part of Gateshead as any second-hand garage in the borough looks dodgy.

I will have to go and watch the episode again at some point.
MurdnunoC
25 Jun 2014, 12:29 pm #1

(25 Jun 2014, 12:18 pm)Andreos Constantopolous Not sure about anywhere in Felling, but the old Elf garage in Birtley (by the leisure centre) was used.

I'm pretty sure that the deliberately grotty second-hand car garage used for DCI Frank Burnside's undercover operations was based on Sunderland Road. But that being said, it could have been any part of Gateshead as any second-hand garage in the borough looks dodgy.

Andreos1

25 Jun 2014, 12:38 pm #2
(25 Jun 2014, 12:29 pm)AdamY I'm pretty sure that the deliberately grotty second-hand car garage used for DCI Frank Burnside's undercover operations was based on Sunderland Road. But that being said, it could have been any part of Gateshead as any second-hand garage in the borough looks dodgy.

When Burnside went bad? Definitely used the one in Birtley.
First Class Commercials had it for a while after it was converted from a filling station.
First Class Commercials are across the road now in the old English Mustard site - not sure if they still use the old site at all now.

The Bill may have used one along Sunderland Rd at some point though...

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
25 Jun 2014, 12:38 pm #2

(25 Jun 2014, 12:29 pm)AdamY I'm pretty sure that the deliberately grotty second-hand car garage used for DCI Frank Burnside's undercover operations was based on Sunderland Road. But that being said, it could have been any part of Gateshead as any second-hand garage in the borough looks dodgy.

When Burnside went bad? Definitely used the one in Birtley.
First Class Commercials had it for a while after it was converted from a filling station.
First Class Commercials are across the road now in the old English Mustard site - not sure if they still use the old site at all now.

MurdnunoC

25 Jun 2014, 12:58 pm #3
(25 Jun 2014, 12:38 pm)Andreos Constantopolous When Burnside went bad? Definitely used the one in Birtley.

The episode was called 'Thug on the Tyne' (how original) and I think Burnside had seconded Liz Rawlton to work with him on a case investigating gangsters on Tyneside.

Timeline-wise, I think it occurred after he'd been working deep-cover in Manchester trying to infiltrate a crime syndicate with links to Sun Hill. IIRC, Jim Carver and John Boulton nearly blew his cover.
MurdnunoC
25 Jun 2014, 12:58 pm #3

(25 Jun 2014, 12:38 pm)Andreos Constantopolous When Burnside went bad? Definitely used the one in Birtley.

The episode was called 'Thug on the Tyne' (how original) and I think Burnside had seconded Liz Rawlton to work with him on a case investigating gangsters on Tyneside.

Timeline-wise, I think it occurred after he'd been working deep-cover in Manchester trying to infiltrate a crime syndicate with links to Sun Hill. IIRC, Jim Carver and John Boulton nearly blew his cover.

Adrian

25 Jun 2014, 1:11 pm #4
Thug on the Tyne. Featuring the Get carter car park, metro land, and st Marys lighthouse

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
25 Jun 2014, 1:11 pm #4

Thug on the Tyne. Featuring the Get carter car park, metro land, and st Marys lighthouse

MurdnunoC

25 Jun 2014, 1:24 pm #5
(25 Jun 2014, 1:11 pm)aureolin Thug on the Tyne. Featuring the Get carter car park, metro land, and st Marys lighthouse

I was working at Metroland at the time of filming.
MurdnunoC
25 Jun 2014, 1:24 pm #5

(25 Jun 2014, 1:11 pm)aureolin Thug on the Tyne. Featuring the Get carter car park, metro land, and st Marys lighthouse

I was working at Metroland at the time of filming.

Andreos1

25 Jun 2014, 1:36 pm #6
(25 Jun 2014, 12:58 pm)AdamY The episode was called 'Thug on the Tyne' (how original) and I think Burnside had seconded Liz Rawlton to work with him on a case investigating gangsters on Tyneside.

Just been looking online to find videos/clips of the episode.
Struggling... Every other episode seems to be there, apart from the two that made up Thug on the Tyne.

I had moved away from Birtley by the time the episodes were made, but often used to see them filming when I was visiting family etc.
Ended up working with the wife of someone who worked at FCC.

They repeat episodes on Drama - haven't seen it for a few weeks, but Ted Roach came back and made a guest appearance.
If you can work out when that was, it may give a clue as to whether Thug on the Tyne is due to be shown sooner, rather than later.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=EuZpjllJ-U0

This episode was on a month or two ago too
Edited 25 Jun 2014, 1:43 pm by Andreos1.

Andreos1
25 Jun 2014, 1:36 pm #6

(25 Jun 2014, 12:58 pm)AdamY The episode was called 'Thug on the Tyne' (how original) and I think Burnside had seconded Liz Rawlton to work with him on a case investigating gangsters on Tyneside.

Just been looking online to find videos/clips of the episode.
Struggling... Every other episode seems to be there, apart from the two that made up Thug on the Tyne.

I had moved away from Birtley by the time the episodes were made, but often used to see them filming when I was visiting family etc.

They repeat episodes on Drama - haven't seen it for a few weeks, but Ted Roach came back and made a guest appearance.
If you can work out when that was, it may give a clue as to whether Thug on the Tyne is due to be shown sooner, rather than later.

MurdnunoC

25 Jun 2014, 3:48 pm #7
(25 Jun 2014, 1:36 pm)Andreos Constantopolous Just been looking online to find videos/clips of the episode.

I'm sure the Ted Roach return episode happened sometime after Thug on the Tyne. If I recall, Roach tried to offer Jim Carver a drink while he was still in recovery for his alcoholism. When Carver and Boulton uncovered Burnside in Manchester, Carver was still a DC. In this episode, I think he's back in uniform.
MurdnunoC
25 Jun 2014, 3:48 pm #7

(25 Jun 2014, 1:36 pm)Andreos Constantopolous Just been looking online to find videos/clips of the episode.

I'm sure the Ted Roach return episode happened sometime after Thug on the Tyne. If I recall, Roach tried to offer Jim Carver a drink while he was still in recovery for his alcoholism. When Carver and Boulton uncovered Burnside in Manchester, Carver was still a DC. In this episode, I think he's back in uniform.

Drifter60

25 Jun 2014, 9:43 pm #8
Watched Thug on the Tyne just recently. It's been shown on drama already, may be upcoming on watch? If they are still showing epsiodes I record them everyday on drama (but I am about 30-40 epsiodes behind!)
Drifter60
25 Jun 2014, 9:43 pm #8

Watched Thug on the Tyne just recently. It's been shown on drama already, may be upcoming on watch? If they are still showing epsiodes I record them everyday on drama (but I am about 30-40 epsiodes behind!)

Adrian

26 Jun 2014, 4:52 pm #9
New thread started for The Bill posts taken from the GCT thread.

I've noted on my Sky planner that I still have Thug on the Tyne part 1 and part 2 recorded. Can anyone recommend a way I can record them to a computer and I'll send them to anyone that is interested?

Adrian
26 Jun 2014, 4:52 pm #9

New thread started for The Bill posts taken from the GCT thread.

I've noted on my Sky planner that I still have Thug on the Tyne part 1 and part 2 recorded. Can anyone recommend a way I can record them to a computer and I'll send them to anyone that is interested?

MurdnunoC

31 Jul 2014, 11:38 am #10
As this forum contains a rather surprising amount of fans of 'The Bill', I was wondering how everyone came to appreciate the series.

I have to admit that I had no time for The Bill in my adolescent years. My parents used to watch it but I thought it was rather boring. It was not until my early-20s when I started to the show on a regular basis. And the main reason for that was because it always seemed to be on UK Gold no matter what hour of the day I happened to switch on my television. After a while I started to enjoy it before actively seeking past episodes on the net.
Edited 31 Jul 2014, 11:39 am by MurdnunoC.
MurdnunoC
31 Jul 2014, 11:38 am #10

As this forum contains a rather surprising amount of fans of 'The Bill', I was wondering how everyone came to appreciate the series.

I have to admit that I had no time for The Bill in my adolescent years. My parents used to watch it but I thought it was rather boring. It was not until my early-20s when I started to the show on a regular basis. And the main reason for that was because it always seemed to be on UK Gold no matter what hour of the day I happened to switch on my television. After a while I started to enjoy it before actively seeking past episodes on the net.

Andreos1

31 Jul 2014, 11:44 am #11
(31 Jul 2014, 11:38 am)AdamY As this forum contains a rather surprising amount of fans of 'The Bill', I was wondering how everyone came to appreciate the series.

I have always liked it, even when I was younger.
No particular reason why, there was just something about it.

Would never rush home or make the effort to record it, but if I was at home and I had no plans, The Bill was often a port of call.

Andreos1
31 Jul 2014, 11:44 am #11

(31 Jul 2014, 11:38 am)AdamY As this forum contains a rather surprising amount of fans of 'The Bill', I was wondering how everyone came to appreciate the series.

I have always liked it, even when I was younger.
No particular reason why, there was just something about it.

Would never rush home or make the effort to record it, but if I was at home and I had no plans, The Bill was often a port of call.

MurdnunoC

11 Aug 2014, 2:24 pm #12
Finally found Thug on the Tyne online!

Here's Part 1:

MurdnunoC
11 Aug 2014, 2:24 pm #12

Finally found Thug on the Tyne online!

Here's Part 1:

Adrian

11 Aug 2014, 3:54 pm #13
(11 Aug 2014, 2:24 pm)AdamY Finally found Thug on the Tyne online!

Here's Part 1:

"So you thought you'd setup shop in my town eh?!"

Adrian
11 Aug 2014, 3:54 pm #13

(11 Aug 2014, 2:24 pm)AdamY Finally found Thug on the Tyne online!

Here's Part 1:

"So you thought you'd setup shop in my town eh?!"

MurdnunoC

11 Aug 2014, 4:16 pm #14
(11 Aug 2014, 3:54 pm)aureolin "So you thought you'd setup shop in my town eh?!"

"Oh no, not the overdue library books again? I'll take them back tomorra I swear" - This is my favourite quote. It's when Rawton and Gosforth are pressing Rob for information about his role in Bonnett and Walker's set up.

Saul Anderson has to be one of the more ineffective criminal masterminds featured on The Bill. Perhaps his stupidity is meant to be a subtle reflection of how Londoners view the North East in general.

Here's Part Two:

MurdnunoC
11 Aug 2014, 4:16 pm #14

(11 Aug 2014, 3:54 pm)aureolin "So you thought you'd setup shop in my town eh?!"

"Oh no, not the overdue library books again? I'll take them back tomorra I swear" - This is my favourite quote. It's when Rawton and Gosforth are pressing Rob for information about his role in Bonnett and Walker's set up.

Saul Anderson has to be one of the more ineffective criminal masterminds featured on The Bill. Perhaps his stupidity is meant to be a subtle reflection of how Londoners view the North East in general.

Here's Part Two:

Andreos1

12 Sep 2014, 6:15 pm #15
Following on from the revelation that Eddie Santini from The Bill raped Kat Slater and his subsequent disappearance from our screens, it got me thinking about all of the other actors who appeared in The Bill and haven't been seen since.

Any examples of those who have made it on another show?

#missingBillactors
#hashtagsonNEB

Andreos1
12 Sep 2014, 6:15 pm #15

Following on from the revelation that Eddie Santini from The Bill raped Kat Slater and his subsequent disappearance from our screens, it got me thinking about all of the other actors who appeared in The Bill and haven't been seen since.

#missingBillactors
#hashtagsonNEB

Dan

Site Administrator

12 Sep 2014, 6:23 pm #16
(12 Sep 2014, 6:15 pm)Andreos Constantopolous Following on from the revelation that Eddie Santini from The Bill raped Kat Slater and his subsequent disappearance from our screens, it got me thinking about all of the other actors who appeared in The Bill and haven't been seen since.

#missingBillactors
#hashtagsonNEB

I forget what his name was, but there was one of them on Casualty two weeks ago (?)
Would have been one of the more recent cast members on The Bill.
Only played a minor role - fell off some sort of building work within the first ten minutes of the ep.
Dan
12 Sep 2014, 6:23 pm #16

(12 Sep 2014, 6:15 pm)Andreos Constantopolous Following on from the revelation that Eddie Santini from The Bill raped Kat Slater and his subsequent disappearance from our screens, it got me thinking about all of the other actors who appeared in The Bill and haven't been seen since.

#missingBillactors
#hashtagsonNEB

I forget what his name was, but there was one of them on Casualty two weeks ago (?)
Only played a minor role - fell off some sort of building work within the first ten minutes of the ep.

Malarkey

12 Sep 2014, 6:51 pm #17
(12 Sep 2014, 6:23 pm)Dan I forget what his name was, but there was one of them on Casualty two weeks ago (?)

Was it Smithy, as he was on Waterloo Road before Casualty.
Malarkey
12 Sep 2014, 6:51 pm #17

(12 Sep 2014, 6:23 pm)Dan I forget what his name was, but there was one of them on Casualty two weeks ago (?)

Was it Smithy, as he was on Waterloo Road before Casualty.

Dan

Site Administrator

12 Sep 2014, 6:53 pm #18
(12 Sep 2014, 6:51 pm)NEBCD Malarkey Was it Smithy, as he was on Waterloo Road before Casualty.

Smithy was a regular for two years on Casualty before moving to Holby City earlier this year.

'Twas Andrew Lancel!
[Image: C7AFE98C8519DF8B461AC993398F70.jpg]
Dan
12 Sep 2014, 6:53 pm #18

(12 Sep 2014, 6:51 pm)NEBCD Malarkey Was it Smithy, as he was on Waterloo Road before Casualty.

Smithy was a regular for two years on Casualty before moving to Holby City earlier this year.

'Twas Andrew Lancel!
[Image: C7AFE98C8519DF8B461AC993398F70.jpg]

Andreos1

12 Sep 2014, 6:58 pm #19
Andrew Lance - he had a massive role!
Was in CID.

Had a big role in Corrie too - before the 'allegations'

The Bill -> Corrie -> allegations/court case -> bit parts on Casualty...

Andreos1
12 Sep 2014, 6:58 pm #19

Andrew Lance - he had a massive role!
Was in CID.

Andreos1

12 Sep 2014, 7:00 pm #20
(12 Sep 2014, 6:58 pm)Andreos Constantopolous Andrew Lance - he had a massive role in The Bill.
Was in CID.

Andreos1
12 Sep 2014, 7:00 pm #20

(12 Sep 2014, 6:58 pm)Andreos Constantopolous Andrew Lance - he had a massive role in The Bill.
Was in CID.

Pages (7): 1 2 37 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average