Menu

North East Buses The Canteen General off-topic chat The Bill

The Bill

The Bill

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (7): Previous 1 2 37 Next
Adrian

12 Sep 2014, 7:39 pm #21
Simon Rouse was DCI Jack Meadows since 92 until the end. He had a brief stint in Corrie, but hasn't been seen since.

Iain Fletcher played Rod Skase until 99, and I hadn't seen him again, until he turned up on one of these insurance adverts.

Chris Ellison played Frank Burnside for years. It would appear he's not tied down anything regular since, apart from a brief stint in Eastenders.

Todd Carty swapped fruit and veg for the Met, committed suicide, and was last seen making a pratt of himself on dancing on ice.

The fantastic Billy Murray of course played DS Don Beech. Probably one of the show's most famous characters. After leaving The Bill, and being on the two spin offs, he had a stint in Eastenders (was a massive mistake he was killed off imo). After that, he played a major part in Rise Of The Footsoldier, but not a lot since. Shame.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
12 Sep 2014, 7:39 pm #21

Simon Rouse was DCI Jack Meadows since 92 until the end. He had a brief stint in Corrie, but hasn't been seen since.

Iain Fletcher played Rod Skase until 99, and I hadn't seen him again, until he turned up on one of these insurance adverts.

Chris Ellison played Frank Burnside for years. It would appear he's not tied down anything regular since, apart from a brief stint in Eastenders.

Todd Carty swapped fruit and veg for the Met, committed suicide, and was last seen making a pratt of himself on dancing on ice.

The fantastic Billy Murray of course played DS Don Beech. Probably one of the show's most famous characters. After leaving The Bill, and being on the two spin offs, he had a stint in Eastenders (was a massive mistake he was killed off imo). After that, he played a major part in Rise Of The Footsoldier, but not a lot since. Shame.

MurdnunoC

13 Sep 2014, 8:28 am #22
What about...

Ali Bastian? - Before playing Sally Armstrong in The Bill she appeared in Hollyoaks as the character Becca Dean (portraying every schoolboy's fantasy - a stunning teacher who's attracted to teenage boys). Has she done anything since?

Ditto Beth Cordingly (Kerry Young) and Melanie Gutteridge (Emma Keane) who have also seemingly disappeared into the ether.

Also, Louisa Lytton. Similar situation to Ali Bastian. Appeared in Eastenders as the daughter of Jonny Allen (Billy Murray) before joining the cast of The Bill then disappearing from our screens.

For those who have done since appearing in The Bill.

Well, you have Tom Chandler (Stephen Hartley) who is the voice of Talksport and a plethora of shows recounting police accidents.

Jim Carver (Mark Wingett) has appeared in EastEnders as the father of Mickey and Dawn Miller.

June Ackland (Trudie Goodwin) gets regular work in Emmerdale.
MurdnunoC
13 Sep 2014, 8:28 am #22

What about...

Ali Bastian? - Before playing Sally Armstrong in The Bill she appeared in Hollyoaks as the character Becca Dean (portraying every schoolboy's fantasy - a stunning teacher who's attracted to teenage boys). Has she done anything since?

Ditto Beth Cordingly (Kerry Young) and Melanie Gutteridge (Emma Keane) who have also seemingly disappeared into the ether.

Also, Louisa Lytton. Similar situation to Ali Bastian. Appeared in Eastenders as the daughter of Jonny Allen (Billy Murray) before joining the cast of The Bill then disappearing from our screens.

For those who have done since appearing in The Bill.

Well, you have Tom Chandler (Stephen Hartley) who is the voice of Talksport and a plethora of shows recounting police accidents.

Jim Carver (Mark Wingett) has appeared in EastEnders as the father of Mickey and Dawn Miller.

June Ackland (Trudie Goodwin) gets regular work in Emmerdale.

Andreos1

25 Sep 2014, 8:09 pm #23
Was flicking around the channels earlier on and an episode of Bread was on one of the channels.
It was never a favourite, but gave it a few mins and one of the first people to appear, was the fella who played Jack Meadows.

He was playing a scouse gangster and was dressed like a pimp in his fur coat.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
25 Sep 2014, 8:09 pm #23

Was flicking around the channels earlier on and an episode of Bread was on one of the channels.
It was never a favourite, but gave it a few mins and one of the first people to appear, was the fella who played Jack Meadows.

Dan

Site Administrator

25 Sep 2014, 8:11 pm #24
An ep which has just sprung to mind... Does anyone remember the ep when one of the coppers was in a garden, disarming a bomb? Sure he couldn't move or he'd be blown up - or something like that - so he had to disarm the bomb himself.
Dan
25 Sep 2014, 8:11 pm #24

An ep which has just sprung to mind... Does anyone remember the ep when one of the coppers was in a garden, disarming a bomb? Sure he couldn't move or he'd be blown up - or something like that - so he had to disarm the bomb himself.

MurdnunoC

25 Sep 2014, 8:13 pm #25
(25 Sep 2014, 8:09 pm)Andreos1 Was flicking around the channels earlier on and an episode of Bread was on one of the channels.

I remember watching that episode some time ago.

He definitely makes a better copper than some two-bit scouse gangster.
MurdnunoC
25 Sep 2014, 8:13 pm #25

(25 Sep 2014, 8:09 pm)Andreos1 Was flicking around the channels earlier on and an episode of Bread was on one of the channels.

I remember watching that episode some time ago.

He definitely makes a better copper than some two-bit scouse gangster.

MurdnunoC

25 Sep 2014, 8:18 pm #26
(25 Sep 2014, 8:11 pm)Dan An ep which has just sprung to mind... Does anyone remember the ep when one of the coppers was in a garden, disarming a bomb? Sure he couldn't move or he'd be blown up - or something like that - so he had to disarm the bomb himself.

I don't remember that episode at all. 

It sounds like one of the bombs Jeff Bridges had to diffuse in the 1994 film Blown Away.
MurdnunoC
25 Sep 2014, 8:18 pm #26

(25 Sep 2014, 8:11 pm)Dan An ep which has just sprung to mind... Does anyone remember the ep when one of the coppers was in a garden, disarming a bomb? Sure he couldn't move or he'd be blown up - or something like that - so he had to disarm the bomb himself.

I don't remember that episode at all. 

It sounds like one of the bombs Jeff Bridges had to diffuse in the 1994 film Blown Away.

Dan

Site Administrator

25 Sep 2014, 8:24 pm #27
(25 Sep 2014, 8:18 pm)AdamY I don't remember that episode at all. 

Wish I could remember more of it to describe the episode in more detail... It must have been a more recent one, providing I haven't mistaken it for something else...
Dan
25 Sep 2014, 8:24 pm #27

Wish I could remember more of it to describe the episode in more detail... It must have been a more recent one, providing I haven't mistaken it for something else...

Andreos1

25 Sep 2014, 8:24 pm #28

Was thinking of The Hurt Locker Wink

Andreos1
25 Sep 2014, 8:24 pm #28

Was thinking of The Hurt Locker Wink

MurdnunoC

25 Sep 2014, 8:27 pm #29
(25 Sep 2014, 8:24 pm)Dan Wish I could remember more of it to describe the episode in more detail... It must have been a more recent one, providing I haven't mistaken it for something else...

Could it be this episode?

Quote:Manson reluctantly agrees to Sam's requests to hire a profiler to help catch Sun Hill's serial rapist. Sam and profiler Dr Hugh Wallis review the cases and the locations, and conclude that the perpetrator knows the area very well. Gabriel's vigilante actions on the Cole Lane Estate spiral out of control when he arranges for a skinhead gang to attack two black youths as revenge for mugging an elderly Asian lady. With his former allies on the estate turning against him, he must act quickly to ensure his involvement is not discovered. Sheelagh is in court on the case of a drink-driving Rastafarian she arrested for refusing a blood test, and is humiliated when the case is thrown out of court, and she is accused of racism and insensitivity to the man's religious beliefs. Advocate Jerome Taylor alerts the Borough Commander to the case, and Okaro is forced to offer Sheelagh a choice between transfer or demotion. Honey and Cameron attend to a man dressed as a bear protesting for fathers' rights. Cameron realises the man has booby-trapped his ex-wife's house, and Sheelagh risks her life to defuse the bombs he has hidden. With the situation literally defused, Cameron and Honey continue their patrol, but are horrified when a car containing two small children rolls into the Thames in front of them.
MurdnunoC
25 Sep 2014, 8:27 pm #29

(25 Sep 2014, 8:24 pm)Dan Wish I could remember more of it to describe the episode in more detail... It must have been a more recent one, providing I haven't mistaken it for something else...

Could it be this episode?

Quote:Manson reluctantly agrees to Sam's requests to hire a profiler to help catch Sun Hill's serial rapist. Sam and profiler Dr Hugh Wallis review the cases and the locations, and conclude that the perpetrator knows the area very well. Gabriel's vigilante actions on the Cole Lane Estate spiral out of control when he arranges for a skinhead gang to attack two black youths as revenge for mugging an elderly Asian lady. With his former allies on the estate turning against him, he must act quickly to ensure his involvement is not discovered. Sheelagh is in court on the case of a drink-driving Rastafarian she arrested for refusing a blood test, and is humiliated when the case is thrown out of court, and she is accused of racism and insensitivity to the man's religious beliefs. Advocate Jerome Taylor alerts the Borough Commander to the case, and Okaro is forced to offer Sheelagh a choice between transfer or demotion. Honey and Cameron attend to a man dressed as a bear protesting for fathers' rights. Cameron realises the man has booby-trapped his ex-wife's house, and Sheelagh risks her life to defuse the bombs he has hidden. With the situation literally defused, Cameron and Honey continue their patrol, but are horrified when a car containing two small children rolls into the Thames in front of them.

MurdnunoC

25 Sep 2014, 8:28 pm #30
(25 Sep 2014, 8:24 pm)Andreos1 Was thinking of The Hurt Locker Wink

Never seen it.
MurdnunoC
25 Sep 2014, 8:28 pm #30

(25 Sep 2014, 8:24 pm)Andreos1 Was thinking of The Hurt Locker Wink

Never seen it.

Dan

Site Administrator

25 Sep 2014, 8:34 pm #31
(25 Sep 2014, 8:27 pm)AdamY Could it be this episode?

It sounds familiar, but I don't know whether it's just another episode that I remember or not...

Found some clips of the episode entitled "Frontline", which also looks very familiar, but not sure whether it's the same as above or not.
Dan
25 Sep 2014, 8:34 pm #31

(25 Sep 2014, 8:27 pm)AdamY Could it be this episode?

It sounds familiar, but I don't know whether it's just another episode that I remember or not...

Found some clips of the episode entitled "Frontline", which also looks very familiar, but not sure whether it's the same as above or not.

MurdnunoC

25 Sep 2014, 8:38 pm #32
(25 Sep 2014, 8:34 pm)Dan It sounds familiar, but I don't know whether it's just another episode that I remember or not...

As bombs seem to be a regular occurrence on the streets of Sun Hill - it is hard to distinguish between episodes. 

Living in the Borough of Canley is nearly as bad as taking up residence in Brookside Close.
Edited 25 Sep 2014, 8:39 pm by MurdnunoC.
MurdnunoC
25 Sep 2014, 8:38 pm #32

(25 Sep 2014, 8:34 pm)Dan It sounds familiar, but I don't know whether it's just another episode that I remember or not...

As bombs seem to be a regular occurrence on the streets of Sun Hill - it is hard to distinguish between episodes. 

Living in the Borough of Canley is nearly as bad as taking up residence in Brookside Close.

Dan

Site Administrator

25 Sep 2014, 8:40 pm #33
(25 Sep 2014, 8:38 pm)AdamY As bombs seem to be a regular occurrence on the streets of Sun Hill - it is hard to distinguish between episodes. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzDjJrLHy04&index=3&list=PLvqMHTNwsILylFaii8eNQPq3XSIL_AS61

12 mins in - it was "Frontline". Tongue 
Dan
25 Sep 2014, 8:40 pm #33

(25 Sep 2014, 8:38 pm)AdamY As bombs seem to be a regular occurrence on the streets of Sun Hill - it is hard to distinguish between episodes. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzDjJrLHy04&index=3&list=PLvqMHTNwsILylFaii8eNQPq3XSIL_AS61

12 mins in - it was "Frontline". Tongue 

Adrian

25 Sep 2014, 8:43 pm #34

Remind me where Des Taviner came from? Wink

[Image: SNN0234DSF--BROOKS_1262381a.jpg]

Adrian
25 Sep 2014, 8:43 pm #34

Remind me where Des Taviner came from? Wink

MurdnunoC

25 Sep 2014, 8:45 pm #35
(25 Sep 2014, 8:43 pm)aureolin Remind me where Des Taviner came from? Wink

Barry Grant claimed to be living in Blaydon in the last ever episode of Brookside.

I haven't seen him kicking round though  Wink
Edited 25 Sep 2014, 8:47 pm by MurdnunoC.
MurdnunoC
25 Sep 2014, 8:45 pm #35

(25 Sep 2014, 8:43 pm)aureolin Remind me where Des Taviner came from? Wink

Barry Grant claimed to be living in Blaydon in the last ever episode of Brookside.

I haven't seen him kicking round though  Wink

Adrian

25 Sep 2014, 8:51 pm #36
(25 Sep 2014, 8:45 pm)AdamY Barry Grant claimed to be living in Blaydon in the last ever episode of Brookside.

I remember haha. Didn't he arrange for Jimmy Corkhill (now there was a character!) to be kidnapped and sent up that way? I loved his character in both The Bill and Brookside. I wish something came of 'Setting Up'.

Adrian
25 Sep 2014, 8:51 pm #36

(25 Sep 2014, 8:45 pm)AdamY Barry Grant claimed to be living in Blaydon in the last ever episode of Brookside.

I remember haha. Didn't he arrange for Jimmy Corkhill (now there was a character!) to be kidnapped and sent up that way? I loved his character in both The Bill and Brookside. I wish something came of 'Setting Up'.

Andreos1

25 Sep 2014, 8:59 pm #37
Can't remember that at all - but he was great in The Bill, when he did the double act with Reg Holis!

Ah and I had a VW Golf just like that one too!
Edited 25 Sep 2014, 9:00 pm by Andreos1.

Andreos1
25 Sep 2014, 8:59 pm #37

Can't remember that at all - but he was great in The Bill, when he did the double act with Reg Holis!

Ah and I had a VW Golf just like that one too!

MurdnunoC

25 Sep 2014, 9:01 pm #38
(25 Sep 2014, 8:51 pm)aureolin I remember haha. Didn't he arrange for Jimmy Corkhill (now there was a character!) to be kidnapped and sent up that way? I loved his character in both The Bill and Brookside. I wish something came of 'Setting Up'.

Yup. The reason being that he wanted Jimmy's approval to marry his daughter Linsday. He could have just rang...

You're right though, the story of Barry Grant should have reached a satisfactory conclusion.

I feel cheated.
MurdnunoC
25 Sep 2014, 9:01 pm #38

(25 Sep 2014, 8:51 pm)aureolin I remember haha. Didn't he arrange for Jimmy Corkhill (now there was a character!) to be kidnapped and sent up that way? I loved his character in both The Bill and Brookside. I wish something came of 'Setting Up'.

Yup. The reason being that he wanted Jimmy's approval to marry his daughter Linsday. He could have just rang...

You're right though, the story of Barry Grant should have reached a satisfactory conclusion.

I feel cheated.

Adrian

25 Sep 2014, 9:08 pm #39
(25 Sep 2014, 9:01 pm)AdamY Yup. The reason being that he wanted Jimmy's approval to marry his daughter Linsday. He could have just rang...

I feel cheated.
I was watching some recordings I've done from Drama, as early numbered eps are now appearing on there. It's up to the SC Terry Knowles eps at the moment. I forgot how funny Des and Reg were.

On the subject of Paul Usher. I met him when Thorntons opened in the Galleries. He still had his brookie perm back then haha.

Adrian
25 Sep 2014, 9:08 pm #39

(25 Sep 2014, 9:01 pm)AdamY Yup. The reason being that he wanted Jimmy's approval to marry his daughter Linsday. He could have just rang...

I feel cheated.
I was watching some recordings I've done from Drama, as early numbered eps are now appearing on there. It's up to the SC Terry Knowles eps at the moment. I forgot how funny Des and Reg were.

On the subject of Paul Usher. I met him when Thorntons opened in the Galleries. He still had his brookie perm back then haha.

MurdnunoC

25 Sep 2014, 9:18 pm #40
Such an odd pairing but one that worked. Des gave Reg an added dimension to his character; it's a shame he was killed-off really although I couldn't see his character being used in the similar manner to Don Beech or Zain Nadir - an ex-copper providing information while behind bars.

Paul Usher is another actor who's all but disappeared from our screens. I surprised he never moved onto something else.
MurdnunoC
25 Sep 2014, 9:18 pm #40

Such an odd pairing but one that worked. Des gave Reg an added dimension to his character; it's a shame he was killed-off really although I couldn't see his character being used in the similar manner to Don Beech or Zain Nadir - an ex-copper providing information while behind bars.

Paul Usher is another actor who's all but disappeared from our screens. I surprised he never moved onto something else.

Pages (7): Previous 1 2 37 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average