Menu

North East Buses The Canteen General off-topic chat 2014-15 Football Season(Who will be the best North East Team)

2014-15 Football Season(Who will be the best North East Team)

2014-15 Football Season(Who will be the best North East Team)

• 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average

Pages (143) Previous 1 2 3143 Next
Poll: best team in the north east
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.

sunderland
50.00%
Votes 9
newcastle
33.33%
Votes 6
middlesbourgh
0%
Votes 0
hartlepool
0%
Votes 0
gateshead
5.56%
Votes 1
south shields
5.56%
Votes 1
jarrow & boldon roofing
5.56%
Votes 1
other
0%
Votes 0

Total 18 vote(s) 100%
Andreos1

14 Aug 2013, 8:16 pm #21
(14 Aug 2013, 8:06 pm)fozzovmurton Me as well, for the most part, there is only 2 games at International Level I like to watch or look forward to

England v Scotland
England v Germany

I have a soft spot for Northern Ireland these days as well

I keep an eye open for their results with their gaffer being an ex-Newcastle player, just as I did with Wales a few years back.

However, what is evident, watching this match and when the other home nations are playing, that whilst players for Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland may not be as 'good' or technically gifted, they are hard workers and play with passion. It is clear, they are proud to play for their country.
I'm not sure their supporters would tolerate any of the prima donnas that play for England either :p
Andreos1
14 Aug 2013, 8:16 pm #21

(14 Aug 2013, 8:06 pm)fozzovmurton Me as well, for the most part, there is only 2 games at International Level I like to watch or look forward to

England v Scotland
England v Germany

I have a soft spot for Northern Ireland these days as well

I keep an eye open for their results with their gaffer being an ex-Newcastle player, just as I did with Wales a few years back.

However, what is evident, watching this match and when the other home nations are playing, that whilst players for Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland may not be as 'good' or technically gifted, they are hard workers and play with passion. It is clear, they are proud to play for their country.
I'm not sure their supporters would tolerate any of the prima donnas that play for England either :p

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

14 Aug 2013, 8:25 pm #22
(14 Aug 2013, 8:16 pm)Andreos1 I keep an eye open for their results with their gaffer being an ex-Newcastle player, just as I did with Wales a few years back.

Gary Speed was one of my all time favourite players, even though I am not a toon supporter, never nothing scandalous about him, loved the game, me dependable who could be relied upon all the time, a true professional, give me 11 Gary Speeds and that would be the perfect team...

Football lost one of it's true greats when he died, still devastating to this day and still miss him
MrFozz
14 Aug 2013, 8:25 pm #22

(14 Aug 2013, 8:16 pm)Andreos1 I keep an eye open for their results with their gaffer being an ex-Newcastle player, just as I did with Wales a few years back.

Gary Speed was one of my all time favourite players, even though I am not a toon supporter, never nothing scandalous about him, loved the game, me dependable who could be relied upon all the time, a true professional, give me 11 Gary Speeds and that would be the perfect team...

Football lost one of it's true greats when he died, still devastating to this day and still miss him

MurdnunoC

14 Aug 2013, 9:00 pm #23
Peter Beardsley is one of my favourite players. A consummate professional both on and off the pitch who always takes the time to sell hello to fans and to sign autographs. I don't know how good his coaching skills are, or whether he has right certificates, but I always thought that he would make a good Newcastle United manager someday.

An underrated player who is widely respected but often under-appreciated.

MurdnunoC
14 Aug 2013, 9:00 pm #23

Peter Beardsley is one of my favourite players. A consummate professional both on and off the pitch who always takes the time to sell hello to fans and to sign autographs. I don't know how good his coaching skills are, or whether he has right certificates, but I always thought that he would make a good Newcastle United manager someday.

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

14 Aug 2013, 10:04 pm #24
(14 Aug 2013, 9:00 pm)AdamY Peter Beardsley is one of my favourite players. A consummate professional both on and off the pitch who always takes the time to sell hello to fans and to sign autographs. I don't know how good his coaching skills are, or whether he has right certificates, but I always thought that he would make a good Newcastle United manager someday.

Peter Beardsley has in the past coached Newcastle Youth, he got sacked after he accused of being a bully, although he wqs subsequently cleared by the FA in 2003

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/tyne/2959232.stm

Also when I think of Peter Beardsley, the following photo always comes to mind
Attached Files
.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1376517890597.jpg
Size 46.05 KB / Downloads 33
MrFozz
14 Aug 2013, 10:04 pm #24

(14 Aug 2013, 9:00 pm)AdamY Peter Beardsley is one of my favourite players. A consummate professional both on and off the pitch who always takes the time to sell hello to fans and to sign autographs. I don't know how good his coaching skills are, or whether he has right certificates, but I always thought that he would make a good Newcastle United manager someday.

Peter Beardsley has in the past coached Newcastle Youth, he got sacked after he accused of being a bully, although he wqs subsequently cleared by the FA in 2003

Attached Files
.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1376517890597.jpg
Size 46.05 KB / Downloads 33

Michael

15 Aug 2013, 2:43 pm #25
Sunderland Squad Numbers for 2013-2014

5 Wes Brown
6 Cabral
7 Seb Larsson
8 Craig Gardner
9 Steven Fletcher
10 Connor Wickham
11 Adam Johnson
12 Ondrej Celustka
13 Jordan Pickford
14 Jack Colback
15 David Vaughan
16 John O’Shea
17 Jozy Altidore
18 Mikael Mandron
19 David Moberg-Karlsson
20 Keiren Westwood
21 Modibo Diakite
22 El-Hadji Ba
23 Emanuele Giaccherini
24 Carlos Cuellar
25 Vito Mannone
27 Ji Dong-won
28 Stephane Sessegnon
29 Valentin Roberge
33 Lee Cattermole

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
15 Aug 2013, 2:43 pm #25

Sunderland Squad Numbers for 2013-2014

5 Wes Brown
6 Cabral
7 Seb Larsson
8 Craig Gardner
9 Steven Fletcher
10 Connor Wickham
11 Adam Johnson
12 Ondrej Celustka
13 Jordan Pickford
14 Jack Colback
15 David Vaughan
16 John O’Shea
17 Jozy Altidore
18 Mikael Mandron
19 David Moberg-Karlsson
20 Keiren Westwood
21 Modibo Diakite
22 El-Hadji Ba
23 Emanuele Giaccherini
24 Carlos Cuellar
25 Vito Mannone
27 Ji Dong-won
28 Stephane Sessegnon
29 Valentin Roberge
33 Lee Cattermole

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Chris

16 Aug 2013, 11:33 am #26
(14 Aug 2013, 10:04 pm)fozzovmurton Peter Beardsley has in the past coached Newcastle Youth, he got sacked after he accused of being a bully, although he wqs subsequently cleared by the FA in 2003

Think Beardsley is taking the whole 'sexy football' thing a bit too literally there!
Edited 16 Aug 2013, 11:33 am by Chris.
Chris
16 Aug 2013, 11:33 am #26

(14 Aug 2013, 10:04 pm)fozzovmurton Peter Beardsley has in the past coached Newcastle Youth, he got sacked after he accused of being a bully, although he wqs subsequently cleared by the FA in 2003

Think Beardsley is taking the whole 'sexy football' thing a bit too literally there!

Andreos1

16 Aug 2013, 11:53 am #27

Some of the goals still send shivers down my spine.

Met him a few years ago at a talk in. Told him about my eldest, (who had just started having trials at the club at the time), explained how my son had seen some of his goals on youtube, was at the academy, had heard all about him and if I could have an autograph on my sons behalf.

The message: To x. Good luck and play for fun! Peter Beardsley.

My eldest see's that message every morning, whether he always takes notice of it, is another thing - but the message sums Beardsley up for me.

On a separate note, what was people's first ever match?

Newcastle V Bradford in 1989. Not long after relegation from the top flight. It was my first experience of relegation (only beaten by the shambles a few years ago when we were relegated for the 2nd time in 2009).
Missed the goal, with standing in the Gallowgate End, but eventually found it a few years ago. What a cracker, 90th min too! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BenQbe5XvlE
Andreos1
16 Aug 2013, 11:53 am #27

Some of the goals still send shivers down my spine.

Met him a few years ago at a talk in. Told him about my eldest, (who had just started having trials at the club at the time), explained how my son had seen some of his goals on youtube, was at the academy, had heard all about him and if I could have an autograph on my sons behalf.

The message: To x. Good luck and play for fun! Peter Beardsley.

My eldest see's that message every morning, whether he always takes notice of it, is another thing - but the message sums Beardsley up for me.

On a separate note, what was people's first ever match?

Newcastle V Bradford in 1989. Not long after relegation from the top flight. It was my first experience of relegation (only beaten by the shambles a few years ago when we were relegated for the 2nd time in 2009).
Missed the goal, with standing in the Gallowgate End, but eventually found it a few years ago. What a cracker, 90th min too! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BenQbe5XvlE

Adrian

16 Aug 2013, 7:05 pm #28
I know the word is used loosely these days, but Peter Beardsley is a true legend. I don't think the club would have went the way it did in the 90's if it wasn't for his influence on the team. Although Cole, and then Ginola were my favourite players around that time, Beardsley was always right up there. Oh, and he took the time to sign my toon top in Argos at the Metro Centre back in the mid-90s, when I had the nerve to pester him. Big Grin

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
16 Aug 2013, 7:05 pm #28

I know the word is used loosely these days, but Peter Beardsley is a true legend. I don't think the club would have went the way it did in the 90's if it wasn't for his influence on the team. Although Cole, and then Ginola were my favourite players around that time, Beardsley was always right up there. Oh, and he took the time to sign my toon top in Argos at the Metro Centre back in the mid-90s, when I had the nerve to pester him. Big Grin

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook

MurdnunoC

16 Aug 2013, 8:47 pm #29
(16 Aug 2013, 7:05 pm)aureolin I know the word is used loosely these days, but Peter Beardsley is a true legend. I don't think the club would have went the way it did in the 90's if it wasn't for his influence on the team. Although Cole, and then Ginola were my favourite players around that time, Beardsley was always right up there. Oh, and he took the time to sign my toon top in Argos at the Metro Centre back in the mid-90s, when I had the nerve to pester him. Big Grin

About a year ago (maybe two?) I was stood behind him in the queue at the Food Hall of Marks and Spencers in Newcastle. I also had to nerve to pester him and he was good enough to oblige.
MurdnunoC
16 Aug 2013, 8:47 pm #29

(16 Aug 2013, 7:05 pm)aureolin I know the word is used loosely these days, but Peter Beardsley is a true legend. I don't think the club would have went the way it did in the 90's if it wasn't for his influence on the team. Although Cole, and then Ginola were my favourite players around that time, Beardsley was always right up there. Oh, and he took the time to sign my toon top in Argos at the Metro Centre back in the mid-90s, when I had the nerve to pester him. Big Grin

About a year ago (maybe two?) I was stood behind him in the queue at the Food Hall of Marks and Spencers in Newcastle. I also had to nerve to pester him and he was good enough to oblige.

Michael

17 Aug 2013, 10:51 am #30
It's back!!!

Hopefully Sunderland have a good season and our signings gel together.

1-0 win today for us - Giaccherini to score =)

My end of the table predictions...
Manchester City
Chelsea
Manchester United
Arsenal
Everton
Liverpool
Tottenham Hotspur
Swansea City
Fulham
West Ham United
Sunderland
Southampton
Aston Villa
Cardiff City
West Bromwich Albion
Newcastle United
Norwich City
Stoke City
Hull City
Crystal Palace

Surprise team of the season.. Swansea yet again
Top scorer - RVP
Most Yellow cards - Stoke city
Most Red - Stoke City
Manger of the season - Michael Laudrup
Edited 17 Aug 2013, 11:06 am by Michael.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
17 Aug 2013, 10:51 am #30

It's back!!!

Hopefully Sunderland have a good season and our signings gel together.

1-0 win today for us - Giaccherini to score =)

My end of the table predictions...
Manchester City
Chelsea
Manchester United
Arsenal
Everton
Liverpool
Tottenham Hotspur
Swansea City
Fulham
West Ham United
Sunderland
Southampton
Aston Villa
Cardiff City
West Bromwich Albion
Newcastle United
Norwich City
Stoke City
Hull City
Crystal Palace

Surprise team of the season.. Swansea yet again
Top scorer - RVP
Most Yellow cards - Stoke city
Most Red - Stoke City
Manger of the season - Michael Laudrup

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

MurdnunoC

17 Aug 2013, 11:28 am #31
I think Swansea will probably finish about 5th or 6th this season and Cardiff will do surprisingly well finishing mid-table. Newcastle will struggle again facing yet another relegation battle but will be strong enough to remain in the top flight. I don't see Sunderland doing much better: making new signings and performing well in pre-season friendlies is one thing but that doesn't necessarily translate to success. Realistically, they'll probably finish above Newcastle but that's not saying much. I think Palace and Hull will be relegated along with Aston Villa. Moyes will continue Fergie's leagcy at Man U who are my pick for the title. Man City, Arsenal, Spurs, Chelsea and, of course, Swansea will be in contention for Europe. Those are my predictions anyways.
MurdnunoC
17 Aug 2013, 11:28 am #31

I think Swansea will probably finish about 5th or 6th this season and Cardiff will do surprisingly well finishing mid-table. Newcastle will struggle again facing yet another relegation battle but will be strong enough to remain in the top flight. I don't see Sunderland doing much better: making new signings and performing well in pre-season friendlies is one thing but that doesn't necessarily translate to success. Realistically, they'll probably finish above Newcastle but that's not saying much. I think Palace and Hull will be relegated along with Aston Villa. Moyes will continue Fergie's leagcy at Man U who are my pick for the title. Man City, Arsenal, Spurs, Chelsea and, of course, Swansea will be in contention for Europe. Those are my predictions anyways.

Half Pint

17 Aug 2013, 7:35 pm #32
Met Beardsley a few times back in the day and was an absolute gent. Remember going to the training sessions in 1994-96 in Durham.
Edited 17 Aug 2013, 7:35 pm by Half Pint.
Half Pint
17 Aug 2013, 7:35 pm #32

Met Beardsley a few times back in the day and was an absolute gent. Remember going to the training sessions in 1994-96 in Durham.

MurdnunoC

17 Aug 2013, 9:35 pm #33
Just thought I'd post a quick round-up of today's results from around the region.

Premiership
Sunderland 0-1 Fulham

Championship
Middlesbrough 1-1 Blackpool

League One
Carlisle United 0-4 Coventry City

League Two
York 0-0 Hartleppol

Scottish Division Two
Berwick Rangers 4-0 Queens Park

Conference Premier
Gateshead 1-2 Barnet

Evo-Stick Premier Division
Marine 1-1 Spartans
Whitby Town 1-1 Ilkeston FC

Evo-Stick Division 1 North
Darlington 1883 2-0 Warrington Town

FA Cup Extra Preliminary Round
Darlington RA 4-2 Newton Aycliffe
Thackley 1-3 Guisborough
Glasshoughton 2-3 Jarrow RBCA
Colne 1-1 S Shields
Brighouse 3-1 Seaham RS
Ashington 9-0 Pontefract
Dunston UTS 4-1 Pickering
Garforth 1-4 Shildon
Crook Town 4-2 Billingham Town
Morpeth 6-0 Liversedge
Billingham Synfonia 4-0 West Allotment Celtic
Spennymoor 2-1 Sunderland RCA
Team Northumbria 2-1 Whitley Bay
Albion Sports 2-0 Nth Shields
Hebburn Town 2-2 Barn'wick
Penrith AFC 3-1 Newcastle BBP
Marske 3-1 Consett AFC
Tow Law 0-5 West Auckland
Edited 17 Aug 2013, 9:44 pm by MurdnunoC.
MurdnunoC
17 Aug 2013, 9:35 pm #33

Just thought I'd post a quick round-up of today's results from around the region.

Premiership
Sunderland 0-1 Fulham

Championship

League One

League Two
York 0-0 Hartleppol

Scottish Division Two

Conference Premier
Gateshead 1-2 Barnet

Marine 1-1 Spartans

Thackley 1-3 Guisborough
Colne 1-1 S Shields
Brighouse 3-1 Seaham RS
Ashington 9-0 Pontefract
Garforth 1-4 Shildon
Morpeth 6-0 Liversedge
Marske 3-1 Consett AFC

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

17 Aug 2013, 11:21 pm #34
(17 Aug 2013, 9:35 pm)AdamY Just thought I'd post a quick round-up of today's results from around the region.

Premiership
Sunderland 0-1 Fulham

Championship

League One

League Two
York 0-0 Hartleppol

Scottish Division Two

Conference Premier
Gateshead 1-2 Barnet

Marine 1-1 Spartans

Thackley 1-3 Guisborough
Colne 1-1 S Shields
Brighouse 3-1 Seaham RS
Ashington 9-0 Pontefract
Garforth 1-4 Shildon
Morpeth 6-0 Liversedge
Marske 3-1 Consett AFC

Less of that 1883 bulls**t

We are Darlo
We are Darlo
We are Darlington FC
F**k the Football Association
We are Darlington FC

Big GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinAngel
MrFozz
17 Aug 2013, 11:21 pm #34

(17 Aug 2013, 9:35 pm)AdamY Just thought I'd post a quick round-up of today's results from around the region.

Premiership
Sunderland 0-1 Fulham

Championship

League One

League Two
York 0-0 Hartleppol

Scottish Division Two

Conference Premier
Gateshead 1-2 Barnet

Marine 1-1 Spartans

Thackley 1-3 Guisborough
Colne 1-1 S Shields
Brighouse 3-1 Seaham RS
Ashington 9-0 Pontefract
Garforth 1-4 Shildon
Morpeth 6-0 Liversedge
Marske 3-1 Consett AFC

Less of that 1883 bulls**t

We are Darlo
We are Darlo
We are Darlington FC
F**k the Football Association
We are Darlington FC

Big GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinAngel

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

19 Aug 2013, 5:21 pm #35
See Anth Smith has resigned as Heed Manager
MrFozz
19 Aug 2013, 5:21 pm #35

See Anth Smith has resigned as Heed Manager

MurdnunoC

19 Aug 2013, 5:46 pm #36
(19 Aug 2013, 5:21 pm)fozzovmurton See Anth Smith has resigned as Heed Manager

The Chronicle elaborate further on the story:
http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/foo...th-5748770

Gateshead FC manager Anth Smith resigns after home defeat to Barnet

Gateshead boss Anth Smith has sensationally quit just one week into the new season, leaving assistant-manager and former Sunderland team-mate David Rush in temporary charge

[Image: anth-smith-has-been-named-manager-of-gat...349632.jpg]

Gateshead boss Anth Smith has sensationally quit just one week into the new season, leaving assistant-manager and former Sunderland team-mate David Rush in temporary charge.

Rush has been installed as caretaker-manager and will look to get Gateshead’s first points on the board at Southport this weekend.

Smith, who only replaced Ian Bogie in December, told the players straight after Saturday’s 2-1 defeat at home to Barnet that he was going to hand in his resignation.

Chairman Graham Wood then held talks with Smith before announcing that he had no option but to accept the 41-year-old’s resignation.

Wood said: “Football throws up some strange situations, but I have never come across a manager who has resigned just three games and one week into the season.

“There has been investment in the squad during the summer with nine players brought in and the manager had the squad he wanted.

“It’s very disappointing, therefore, that he has decided to resign. Performances and results have been disappointing and we now have to move on and get back on track.”

Smith took the midweek defeat and poor performance against Grimsby hard, and Jake Hyde’s late winner for Barnet on Saturday then deprived the Heed of their first point.

Players of proven ability have under-performed in the opening week, former £275,000 man Richard Brodie being hauled off by Smith at half-time on Saturday.

The 4-3-3 formation, which will now be jettisoned, saw the midfield struggle and an experienced front three impotent while defensive frailties only added to the problems.

It all proved too much for Smith whose only other senior management experience had been in the second division of the local Northern League. Smith kept Gateshead in the top flight of non-league football last season when only one of his 26 games in charge was at home, and the 5-1 win over big guns Luton Town was a famous victory.

With the Wearsider having fallen on his sword, Rush must now galvanise the troops. Rush said: “It’s a funny one for me as Anth is a mate and he brought me to Gateshead, but someone has to manage the club and I’ll be having a clear -the-air meeting with the players.

“They need to know what’s happening. I’ll do it my way and the first thing that will change will be the formation we play and we’ll get back to basics.

“We have got to remain focused and be professional. Southport is the next match and it’s important we take something from the game.”

Colin Larkin gave Gateshead a 32nd-minute lead against Barnet. Keanu Marsh-Brown, however, levelled five minutes later and Hyde hit a superb 88th-minute winner to seal Gateshead’s - and Smith’s - fate.

So that's the first North Eastern managerial casualty of the season. Who'll be next I wonder?
Edited 19 Aug 2013, 5:52 pm by MurdnunoC.
MurdnunoC
19 Aug 2013, 5:46 pm #36

(19 Aug 2013, 5:21 pm)fozzovmurton See Anth Smith has resigned as Heed Manager

The Chronicle elaborate further on the story:
http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/foo...th-5748770

Gateshead FC manager Anth Smith resigns after home defeat to Barnet

Gateshead boss Anth Smith has sensationally quit just one week into the new season, leaving assistant-manager and former Sunderland team-mate David Rush in temporary charge

[Image: anth-smith-has-been-named-manager-of-gat...349632.jpg]

Gateshead boss Anth Smith has sensationally quit just one week into the new season, leaving assistant-manager and former Sunderland team-mate David Rush in temporary charge.

Rush has been installed as caretaker-manager and will look to get Gateshead’s first points on the board at Southport this weekend.

Smith, who only replaced Ian Bogie in December, told the players straight after Saturday’s 2-1 defeat at home to Barnet that he was going to hand in his resignation.

Chairman Graham Wood then held talks with Smith before announcing that he had no option but to accept the 41-year-old’s resignation.

Wood said: “Football throws up some strange situations, but I have never come across a manager who has resigned just three games and one week into the season.

“There has been investment in the squad during the summer with nine players brought in and the manager had the squad he wanted.

“It’s very disappointing, therefore, that he has decided to resign. Performances and results have been disappointing and we now have to move on and get back on track.”

Smith took the midweek defeat and poor performance against Grimsby hard, and Jake Hyde’s late winner for Barnet on Saturday then deprived the Heed of their first point.

Players of proven ability have under-performed in the opening week, former £275,000 man Richard Brodie being hauled off by Smith at half-time on Saturday.

The 4-3-3 formation, which will now be jettisoned, saw the midfield struggle and an experienced front three impotent while defensive frailties only added to the problems.

It all proved too much for Smith whose only other senior management experience had been in the second division of the local Northern League. Smith kept Gateshead in the top flight of non-league football last season when only one of his 26 games in charge was at home, and the 5-1 win over big guns Luton Town was a famous victory.

With the Wearsider having fallen on his sword, Rush must now galvanise the troops. Rush said: “It’s a funny one for me as Anth is a mate and he brought me to Gateshead, but someone has to manage the club and I’ll be having a clear -the-air meeting with the players.

“They need to know what’s happening. I’ll do it my way and the first thing that will change will be the formation we play and we’ll get back to basics.

“We have got to remain focused and be professional. Southport is the next match and it’s important we take something from the game.”

Colin Larkin gave Gateshead a 32nd-minute lead against Barnet. Keanu Marsh-Brown, however, levelled five minutes later and Hyde hit a superb 88th-minute winner to seal Gateshead’s - and Smith’s - fate.

So that's the first North Eastern managerial casualty of the season. Who'll be next I wonder?

Andreos1

19 Aug 2013, 5:51 pm #37
Couldn't understand the decision to appoint him in the first place to be truthful.

When their supposed goal, is to reach the football league, then they need a manager who the players respect and look up to.

No disrespect, but an ex-pro, with just a few league appearances under his belt in one of the worst Sunderland teams for a long time, with a season or two managin Chester le Street wouldn't fill me with confidence as a player.

After reading the match reports, he seems to have lost the players.
Edited 19 Aug 2013, 5:53 pm by Andreos1.
Andreos1
19 Aug 2013, 5:51 pm #37

Couldn't understand the decision to appoint him in the first place to be truthful.

When their supposed goal, is to reach the football league, then they need a manager who the players respect and look up to.

No disrespect, but an ex-pro, with just a few league appearances under his belt in one of the worst Sunderland teams for a long time, with a season or two managin Chester le Street wouldn't fill me with confidence as a player.

After reading the match reports, he seems to have lost the players.

Michael

19 Aug 2013, 5:55 pm #38
Sunderland played well on Saturday, its only the first game so no one should panic

A post on Facebook says...

@lee_ryder
Cabaye did not appear when the players checked out the pitch. ‪#‎nufc‬ ‪#‎mcfc‬ ‪#‎Arsenal‬

Dunno if it's true but if it is.. could he be going?

Big loss to Newcastle

Gutted hes left Gateshead, Hartlepool manager to go next?

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
19 Aug 2013, 5:55 pm #38

Sunderland played well on Saturday, its only the first game so no one should panic

A post on Facebook says...

@lee_ryder
Cabaye did not appear when the players checked out the pitch. ‪#‎nufc‬ ‪#‎mcfc‬ ‪#‎Arsenal‬

Dunno if it's true but if it is.. could he be going?

Big loss to Newcastle

Gutted hes left Gateshead, Hartlepool manager to go next?

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

MurdnunoC

19 Aug 2013, 5:56 pm #39
I liked Bogie. Sure, he had a rough start to last season but they should have persevered given his track record at the club. They hardly improved their position by releasing him.
MurdnunoC
19 Aug 2013, 5:56 pm #39

I liked Bogie. Sure, he had a rough start to last season but they should have persevered given his track record at the club. They hardly improved their position by releasing him.

Tom

19 Aug 2013, 6:04 pm #40
I hope Newcastle beat Man City, but what are the chances haha!
Tom
19 Aug 2013, 6:04 pm #40

I hope Newcastle beat Man City, but what are the chances haha!

Pages (143) Previous 1 2 3143 Next

• 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average