Menu

North East Buses The Canteen General off-topic chat 2014-15 Football Season(Who will be the best North East Team)

2014-15 Football Season(Who will be the best North East Team)

2014-15 Football Season(Who will be the best North East Team)

• 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average

Pages (143) Previous 1 2 3 4143 Next
Poll: best team in the north east
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.

sunderland
50.00%
Votes 9
newcastle
33.33%
Votes 6
middlesbourgh
0%
Votes 0
hartlepool
0%
Votes 0
gateshead
5.56%
Votes 1
south shields
5.56%
Votes 1
jarrow & boldon roofing
5.56%
Votes 1
other
0%
Votes 0

Total 18 vote(s) 100%
Michael

19 Aug 2013, 6:10 pm #41
(19 Aug 2013, 6:04 pm)W179SCU I hope Newcastle beat Man City, but what are the chances haha!

If he goes big loss for Newcastle, bet u the excuse is hes injured (if hes not in the squad)

I hope he doesn't go, i shouldn't really say that as aim a Sunderland suporter.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
19 Aug 2013, 6:10 pm #41

(19 Aug 2013, 6:04 pm)W179SCU I hope Newcastle beat Man City, but what are the chances haha!

If he goes big loss for Newcastle, bet u the excuse is hes injured (if hes not in the squad)

I hope he doesn't go, i shouldn't really say that as aim a Sunderland suporter.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Andreos1

19 Aug 2013, 6:15 pm #42
re Ian Bogie/Gateshead - ex-pro with plenty of professional football under his belt, worked his way up the ladder with Gateshead and had some steady seasons in the Conference.
Think he took them as far as he could.

The next step, would have been someone with similar playing experience, but with some league managerial experience.

Re Cabaye - It was only a matter of time. Great footballer on his day, had a poor season last year. It came out a while back about his depression and how the club supported him through it. However, he was bought to sell on.
The plan was probably to get a few more quid than £10m - interesting times, especially with the influence he holds in the squad in a World Cup year.
Andreos1
19 Aug 2013, 6:15 pm #42

re Ian Bogie/Gateshead - ex-pro with plenty of professional football under his belt, worked his way up the ladder with Gateshead and had some steady seasons in the Conference.
Think he took them as far as he could.

The next step, would have been someone with similar playing experience, but with some league managerial experience.

Re Cabaye - It was only a matter of time. Great footballer on his day, had a poor season last year. It came out a while back about his depression and how the club supported him through it. However, he was bought to sell on.
The plan was probably to get a few more quid than £10m - interesting times, especially with the influence he holds in the squad in a World Cup year.

MurdnunoC

19 Aug 2013, 6:16 pm #43

Not good I reckon.

A draw would be overly optimistic.

I expect a major humbling tonight, maybe 3-0 or 4-1 to Man City.

I'll say it now, I don't think Anth Smith will be the only North Eastern manager to go by the end of year yet alone the end of the season!
MurdnunoC
19 Aug 2013, 6:16 pm #43

Not good I reckon.

A draw would be overly optimistic.

I expect a major humbling tonight, maybe 3-0 or 4-1 to Man City.

I'll say it now, I don't think Anth Smith will be the only North Eastern manager to go by the end of year yet alone the end of the season!

Michael

19 Aug 2013, 6:17 pm #44
Squad.. ill get killed if anyone else knew i was posting Newcastle news haha

Krul; Debuchy, Taylor, Coloccini ©, Yanga-Mbiwa; Tiote, Gutierrez; Ben Arfa, Sissoko, Gouffran; Cisse

SUBS: Elliot, Dummett, Anita, Marveaux, Obertan, Sammy Ameobi, Shola Ameobi

Sorry but your bench is poor

Hart, Zabaleta, Kompany ©, Lescott, Clichy, Navas, Fernandinho, Toure, Silva, Dzeko, Aguero

SUBS: Pantilimon, Negredo, Milner, Kolarov, Garcia, Nasri, Rodwell

I have to go for a 3-0 City win.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
19 Aug 2013, 6:17 pm #44

Squad.. ill get killed if anyone else knew i was posting Newcastle news haha

Krul; Debuchy, Taylor, Coloccini ©, Yanga-Mbiwa; Tiote, Gutierrez; Ben Arfa, Sissoko, Gouffran; Cisse

SUBS: Elliot, Dummett, Anita, Marveaux, Obertan, Sammy Ameobi, Shola Ameobi

Hart, Zabaleta, Kompany ©, Lescott, Clichy, Navas, Fernandinho, Toure, Silva, Dzeko, Aguero

SUBS: Pantilimon, Negredo, Milner, Kolarov, Garcia, Nasri, Rodwell

I have to go for a 3-0 City win.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

MurdnunoC

19 Aug 2013, 6:21 pm #45
(19 Aug 2013, 6:17 pm)Michael SUBS: Elliot, Dummett, Anita, Marveaux, Obertan, Sammy Ameobi, Shola Ameobi

Agreed. Obertan and the Ameobi boys are there but no Adam Campbell or Remie Streete? Two lads that are highly touted, need the experience, and could potentially shine. Same goes for Gael Bigirimana.
MurdnunoC
19 Aug 2013, 6:21 pm #45

(19 Aug 2013, 6:17 pm)Michael SUBS: Elliot, Dummett, Anita, Marveaux, Obertan, Sammy Ameobi, Shola Ameobi

Agreed. Obertan and the Ameobi boys are there but no Adam Campbell or Remie Streete? Two lads that are highly touted, need the experience, and could potentially shine. Same goes for Gael Bigirimana.

Andreos1

19 Aug 2013, 6:24 pm #46
Campbell is on loan at Carlisle.

Apparently Bigirimana hasn't appeared much in pre-season either.
Andreos1
19 Aug 2013, 6:24 pm #46

Campbell is on loan at Carlisle.

Apparently Bigirimana hasn't appeared much in pre-season either.

MurdnunoC

19 Aug 2013, 6:34 pm #47
(19 Aug 2013, 6:24 pm)Andreos1 Campbell is on loan at Carlisle.

Didn't realise. I've just read that he came on as a half-time sub in Carlisle's 4-0 defeat to Coventry. I hope he gets a few goals for them before his one-month deal expires.

Campbell, Alex Gilliead and Remie Streete seem to be quite highly rated as prospects. I hope Newcastle actually do something with them unlike Michael Chopra.
MurdnunoC
19 Aug 2013, 6:34 pm #47

(19 Aug 2013, 6:24 pm)Andreos1 Campbell is on loan at Carlisle.

Didn't realise. I've just read that he came on as a half-time sub in Carlisle's 4-0 defeat to Coventry. I hope he gets a few goals for them before his one-month deal expires.

Campbell, Alex Gilliead and Remie Streete seem to be quite highly rated as prospects. I hope Newcastle actually do something with them unlike Michael Chopra.

Michael

19 Aug 2013, 7:26 pm #48
Hasn't started well for Newcastle 2-0 down already - 25 mins gone
Silva & Aguero scored.

Newcastle down to 10 men - Steven Taylor sent off

Not going well, Steven Taylor was abit of an idiot their

Update 3-0 - Toure

4-0 - Nasri

Not a good night...
Edited 19 Aug 2013, 8:35 pm by Michael.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
19 Aug 2013, 7:26 pm #48

Hasn't started well for Newcastle 2-0 down already - 25 mins gone
Silva & Aguero scored.

Update 3-0 - Toure

4-0 - Nasri

Not a good night...

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

MurdnunoC

19 Aug 2013, 8:58 pm #49
(19 Aug 2013, 7:26 pm)Michael Hasn't started well for Newcastle 2-0 down already - 25 mins gone
Silva & Aguero scored.

Update 3-0 - Toure

4-0 - Nasri

Not a good night...

As I said earlier, it was always going to be a humbling defeat.

The players who didn't perform well last season are probably going to do the same this season. Change was needed and it didn't come. Hopefully, this will light a fire under Kinnear to sort out some new players but I won't hold my breath.

I've read some comments criticising the pessimism of Newcastle fans. Yes, a trip to Man City was probably going to end in defeat, but 4-0 is still embarrassing.

Relegation battle, here we come!
MurdnunoC
19 Aug 2013, 8:58 pm #49

(19 Aug 2013, 7:26 pm)Michael Hasn't started well for Newcastle 2-0 down already - 25 mins gone
Silva & Aguero scored.

Update 3-0 - Toure

4-0 - Nasri

Not a good night...

As I said earlier, it was always going to be a humbling defeat.

The players who didn't perform well last season are probably going to do the same this season. Change was needed and it didn't come. Hopefully, this will light a fire under Kinnear to sort out some new players but I won't hold my breath.

I've read some comments criticising the pessimism of Newcastle fans. Yes, a trip to Man City was probably going to end in defeat, but 4-0 is still embarrassing.

Relegation battle, here we come!

Michael

19 Aug 2013, 9:07 pm #50
He needs to buy and quick but man city was brill... everyone should be scared of playing them.. even the likes of united,chelsea

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
19 Aug 2013, 9:07 pm #50

He needs to buy and quick but man city was brill... everyone should be scared of playing them.. even the likes of united,chelsea

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

MurdnunoC

19 Aug 2013, 9:16 pm #51
Unless something changes drastically regarding new signings (it won't), I might as well give my predictions for the next two Newcastle games.

The next game is at home to West Ham which sees not only the return of Nolan and Carroll but the addition of apparent summer transfer target Stewart Downing. I don't see things going well so I predict a 2-1 win to the Hammers with Carroll scoring.

After that, it's another home game with Fulham as the opposition. Another transfer target appearing in the form of Darren Bent. However, I see this going slightly better ending in a 1-1 draw.
MurdnunoC
19 Aug 2013, 9:16 pm #51

Unless something changes drastically regarding new signings (it won't), I might as well give my predictions for the next two Newcastle games.

The next game is at home to West Ham which sees not only the return of Nolan and Carroll but the addition of apparent summer transfer target Stewart Downing. I don't see things going well so I predict a 2-1 win to the Hammers with Carroll scoring.

After that, it's another home game with Fulham as the opposition. Another transfer target appearing in the form of Darren Bent. However, I see this going slightly better ending in a 1-1 draw.

Adam

19 Aug 2013, 9:18 pm #52
Re-Gateshead

I was surprised to see Smith appointed last December. He only managed two teams beforehand, Chester-le-Street Town and then Gateshead's reserve squad.

Last season was very tough for us but our demise wasn't all down to the team and manager. As I'm sure you're all aware, the pitch at the International Stadium had significant problems, forcing us to play "home" matches at other grounds, including Middlesbrough, Carlisle, Hartlepool and even Boston!

Bogie did do well at the club, but I do agree that he took them as far as he could. Indeed our target is to make a return to the Football League, but for me, Bogie never had that aspect/quality to get us there.

As a replacement for Smith, I think Gary Mills would be up to the job. He managed York City when they won their promotion into League 2, so does have experience. Also, AFC Wimbledon's former manager, Terry Brown, is a good candidate. He managed them when they were promoted.

So far this season, we've played 3 and lost 3 and are officially the first club with a managerial casualty for this season.

Things can only get better Smile
Adam
19 Aug 2013, 9:18 pm #52

Re-Gateshead

I was surprised to see Smith appointed last December. He only managed two teams beforehand, Chester-le-Street Town and then Gateshead's reserve squad.

Last season was very tough for us but our demise wasn't all down to the team and manager. As I'm sure you're all aware, the pitch at the International Stadium had significant problems, forcing us to play "home" matches at other grounds, including Middlesbrough, Carlisle, Hartlepool and even Boston!

Bogie did do well at the club, but I do agree that he took them as far as he could. Indeed our target is to make a return to the Football League, but for me, Bogie never had that aspect/quality to get us there.

As a replacement for Smith, I think Gary Mills would be up to the job. He managed York City when they won their promotion into League 2, so does have experience. Also, AFC Wimbledon's former manager, Terry Brown, is a good candidate. He managed them when they were promoted.

So far this season, we've played 3 and lost 3 and are officially the first club with a managerial casualty for this season.

Andreos1

19 Aug 2013, 10:16 pm #53
(19 Aug 2013, 9:18 pm)Adam Re-Gateshead

Those two are the type of managers Gateshead should be going for.
Whether they are the right men for the job, is another thing - but they have the experience.

On a different note, do you know if Luke Carr has left on loan, or on a permanent basis?
Andreos1
19 Aug 2013, 10:16 pm #53

Those two are the type of managers Gateshead should be going for.
Whether they are the right men for the job, is another thing - but they have the experience.

On a different note, do you know if Luke Carr has left on loan, or on a permanent basis?

Adam

19 Aug 2013, 10:42 pm #54
(19 Aug 2013, 10:16 pm)Andreos1 Those two are the type of managers Gateshead should be going for.

I think he's on loan but I'm not 100% sure.
Adam
19 Aug 2013, 10:42 pm #54

(19 Aug 2013, 10:16 pm)Andreos1 Those two are the type of managers Gateshead should be going for.

I think he's on loan but I'm not 100% sure.

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

20 Aug 2013, 8:55 am #55

Has Joe Tait played yet this season, he was a rock for us last season and was devastated to see him go
MrFozz
20 Aug 2013, 8:55 am #55

Has Joe Tait played yet this season, he was a rock for us last season and was devastated to see him go

Adam

20 Aug 2013, 2:02 pm #56
(20 Aug 2013, 8:55 am)fozzovmurton Has Joe Tait played yet this season, he was a rock for us last season and was devastated to see him go

He's played in all three of our games so far. One of our main Centre backs, James Curtis, is injured at the minute, so Tait's been stepping in.

I've heard many people say they're disappointed Tait left Darlington.
Adam
20 Aug 2013, 2:02 pm #56

(20 Aug 2013, 8:55 am)fozzovmurton Has Joe Tait played yet this season, he was a rock for us last season and was devastated to see him go

He's played in all three of our games so far. One of our main Centre backs, James Curtis, is injured at the minute, so Tait's been stepping in.

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

20 Aug 2013, 2:22 pm #57
(20 Aug 2013, 2:02 pm)Adam He's played in all three of our games so far. One of our main Centre backs, James Curtis, is injured at the minute, so Tait's been stepping in.

Tait was a rock for us last season, if I remember correctly he was Gary Browns partner in the Centre of Defence.

Yes, we were gutted he left, but, I think most accept we can't stand in his way in moving back into Professional Football, I think some were hoping we could get him back on loan after Gary Brown got injured lately, funnily enough at Gateshead in Pre-Season, I also think you lot recently added Tony Norman to the coaching staff, who of course was our goalkeeping coach

We have made some encouraging signings, Andrew Johnson and Paul Robinson have come in from Bishop Auckland and Whitley Bay respectively, ex-Boro academy product Paul Weldon has joined and we have a good mix of players who have played for league teams, Stephen Thompson played for Port Vale, David Dowson was at Sunderland Academy and played for us in the Football League, Kerry Hedley played came through the Chimp Chokers ranks, and the rest have all pretty much played at Evo Stik and Conference North Level at some point, while I don't want to be big cocky or arrogant, we will be there or there about again this season Big Grin
Edited 20 Aug 2013, 2:33 pm by MrFozz.
MrFozz
20 Aug 2013, 2:22 pm #57

(20 Aug 2013, 2:02 pm)Adam He's played in all three of our games so far. One of our main Centre backs, James Curtis, is injured at the minute, so Tait's been stepping in.

Tait was a rock for us last season, if I remember correctly he was Gary Browns partner in the Centre of Defence.

Yes, we were gutted he left, but, I think most accept we can't stand in his way in moving back into Professional Football, I think some were hoping we could get him back on loan after Gary Brown got injured lately, funnily enough at Gateshead in Pre-Season, I also think you lot recently added Tony Norman to the coaching staff, who of course was our goalkeeping coach

We have made some encouraging signings, Andrew Johnson and Paul Robinson have come in from Bishop Auckland and Whitley Bay respectively, ex-Boro academy product Paul Weldon has joined and we have a good mix of players who have played for league teams, Stephen Thompson played for Port Vale, David Dowson was at Sunderland Academy and played for us in the Football League, Kerry Hedley played came through the Chimp Chokers ranks, and the rest have all pretty much played at Evo Stik and Conference North Level at some point, while I don't want to be big cocky or arrogant, we will be there or there about again this season Big Grin

Adam

20 Aug 2013, 3:22 pm #58
(20 Aug 2013, 2:22 pm)fozzovmurton Tait was a rock for us last season, if I remember correctly he was Gary Browns partner in the Centre of Defence.

I'm sure Tait would love to go back to Darlington on loan but as I said before, we need him at the minute. Hopefully, Curtis should be coming back though in the next couple of weeks, so maybe.

You're correct in saying that we have Tony Norman now in our Coaching Staff. I've noticed we do seem to be snooping around Darlo quite a lot lately. We've already stole Hatch and Chandler from you a couple of seasons ago and of course over the summer, we've got Tait and Norman on-board.

I'm in no doubt at all Darlington will rocket up the leagues. They're far too good a club to be way down in the Evo-Stik North!
Adam
20 Aug 2013, 3:22 pm #58

(20 Aug 2013, 2:22 pm)fozzovmurton Tait was a rock for us last season, if I remember correctly he was Gary Browns partner in the Centre of Defence.

I'm sure Tait would love to go back to Darlington on loan but as I said before, we need him at the minute. Hopefully, Curtis should be coming back though in the next couple of weeks, so maybe.

You're correct in saying that we have Tony Norman now in our Coaching Staff. I've noticed we do seem to be snooping around Darlo quite a lot lately. We've already stole Hatch and Chandler from you a couple of seasons ago and of course over the summer, we've got Tait and Norman on-board.

I'm in no doubt at all Darlington will rocket up the leagues. They're far too good a club to be way down in the Evo-Stik North!

Andreos1

23 Aug 2013, 9:00 pm #59
Some familiar faces, some terrible tight shorts and the Barratt Homes Helicopter!

Massive away following and 24k average home crowds in a season we struggled in after selling Beardsley and Waddle. Who said the crowds came when Keegan came back in 92?

part 1

part 2

---------------------------------------------------------

The back end of the 92-93 season with some more familiar faces. Part 6 is good! Part 7 speaks for itself!
Edited 23 Aug 2013, 9:32 pm by Andreos1.
Andreos1
23 Aug 2013, 9:00 pm #59

Some familiar faces, some terrible tight shorts and the Barratt Homes Helicopter!

Massive away following and 24k average home crowds in a season we struggled in after selling Beardsley and Waddle. Who said the crowds came when Keegan came back in 92?

part 1

part 2

---------------------------------------------------------

The back end of the 92-93 season with some more familiar faces. Part 6 is good! Part 7 speaks for itself!

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

25 Aug 2013, 1:57 pm #60
(20 Aug 2013, 3:22 pm)Adam You're correct in saying that we have Tony Norman now in our Coaching Staff. I've noticed we do seem to be snooping around Darlo quite a lot lately. We've already stole Hatch and Chandler from you a couple of seasons ago and of course over the summer, we've got Tait and Norman on-board.

What kind of deal does Tony Norman with Gateshead, I went to watch us play down in Farsley yesterday and I am sure Tony Norman was there alongside Gray and Atko.

What is happening at the moment, seems like a bit of a circus at the moment, Anth Smith resigning, then trying to talk his way, the chairman saying absolutely not, to be honest I agree with the Chairman, Smiths position wqs untenable, and if they took him back what's there to stop him spitting his dummy out in future.

Also, what is going on with the ground situation, I thought there was some pretty solid plans in place for a new build on Prince Consort Road, the artist impression I have seen looked nice, I hope that gets sorted soon, especially after last seasons problems having to goto places like Boro and Boston Utd for home games, because I reckon there could come a point were the Conference turn around and say 'we are not having this all the time, go and do one'.

One thing I keep thinking about, how do Gateshead manage to sustain a full time playing squad, they are lucky to get 800 arses on seats on average, is the club being bankrolled. It is not a crticism really(well, it is and it isn't), I only ask this, because our projected average to break even this season is just under 1500, about 1450 I think, even then we will probably not be minted and we are 3 divisions under you
MrFozz
25 Aug 2013, 1:57 pm #60

(20 Aug 2013, 3:22 pm)Adam You're correct in saying that we have Tony Norman now in our Coaching Staff. I've noticed we do seem to be snooping around Darlo quite a lot lately. We've already stole Hatch and Chandler from you a couple of seasons ago and of course over the summer, we've got Tait and Norman on-board.

What kind of deal does Tony Norman with Gateshead, I went to watch us play down in Farsley yesterday and I am sure Tony Norman was there alongside Gray and Atko.

What is happening at the moment, seems like a bit of a circus at the moment, Anth Smith resigning, then trying to talk his way, the chairman saying absolutely not, to be honest I agree with the Chairman, Smiths position wqs untenable, and if they took him back what's there to stop him spitting his dummy out in future.

Also, what is going on with the ground situation, I thought there was some pretty solid plans in place for a new build on Prince Consort Road, the artist impression I have seen looked nice, I hope that gets sorted soon, especially after last seasons problems having to goto places like Boro and Boston Utd for home games, because I reckon there could come a point were the Conference turn around and say 'we are not having this all the time, go and do one'.

One thing I keep thinking about, how do Gateshead manage to sustain a full time playing squad, they are lucky to get 800 arses on seats on average, is the club being bankrolled. It is not a crticism really(well, it is and it isn't), I only ask this, because our projected average to break even this season is just under 1500, about 1450 I think, even then we will probably not be minted and we are 3 divisions under you

Pages (143) Previous 1 2 3 4143 Next

• 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average