Menu

North East Buses The Canteen General off-topic chat 2014-15 Football Season(Who will be the best North East Team)

2014-15 Football Season(Who will be the best North East Team)

2014-15 Football Season(Who will be the best North East Team)

• 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average

Pages (143) Previous 116 17 18143 Next
Poll: best team in the north east
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.

sunderland
50.00%
Votes 9
newcastle
33.33%
Votes 6
middlesbourgh
0%
Votes 0
hartlepool
0%
Votes 0
gateshead
5.56%
Votes 1
south shields
5.56%
Votes 1
jarrow & boldon roofing
5.56%
Votes 1
other
0%
Votes 0

Total 18 vote(s) 100%
Michael

16 Feb 2014, 3:44 pm #321
Also full draw

ARSENAL/LIVERPOOL v EVERTON
BRIGHTON/HULL v SUNDERLAND
SHEFF UTD/NOTTM FOREST v SHEFF WED/CHARLTON
MAN CITY v WIGAN

2 derby's in the quarter finals?

The Mersyside derby and the Steel City derby (sure its called that?)

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
16 Feb 2014, 3:44 pm #321

Also full draw

MAN CITY v WIGAN

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

16 Feb 2014, 3:47 pm #322
(16 Feb 2014, 3:44 pm)Michael Also full draw

MAN CITY v WIGAN

Yes it is the Steel City, but as it stands Forest are beating Sheff Utd 1-0, Liverpool v Everton will be a tasty game...

Wigan are going to get punished by City for last years final...

If Sunderland beat Hull or Brighton then Nottm Forest, Sheff Wed or Sheff Utd in the Semis please Wink
MrFozz
16 Feb 2014, 3:47 pm #322

MAN CITY v WIGAN

Yes it is the Steel City, but as it stands Forest are beating Sheff Utd 1-0, Liverpool v Everton will be a tasty game...

If Sunderland beat Hull or Brighton then Nottm Forest, Sheff Wed or Sheff Utd in the Semis please Wink

Michael

16 Feb 2014, 3:57 pm #323
(16 Feb 2014, 3:47 pm)fozzovmurton Yes it is the Steel City, but as it stands Forest are beating Sheff Utd 1-0, Liverpool v Everton will be a tasty game...

Gonna be some interesting games, would love a Sunderland and City FA cup final to.

Least theirs a chance that one of the lower league teams get in to semi's, shame more than 1 doesn't have a chance.

Also bit of news on Hull's side...

@SAFCsource
Jelavic and Long are both cup-tied for Hull, Liam Bridcutt is not cup-tied for Sunderland.

Thank god Liam Bridcutt can play, he cant play in the capital one cup final because his cup tied!

FA Cup with Budweiser quarter final games will be played over the weekend of March 8 and 9.... weekend after the Capital one cup final
Edited 16 Feb 2014, 4:00 pm by Michael.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
16 Feb 2014, 3:57 pm #323

(16 Feb 2014, 3:47 pm)fozzovmurton Yes it is the Steel City, but as it stands Forest are beating Sheff Utd 1-0, Liverpool v Everton will be a tasty game...

Gonna be some interesting games, would love a Sunderland and City FA cup final to.

Least theirs a chance that one of the lower league teams get in to semi's, shame more than 1 doesn't have a chance.

Also bit of news on Hull's side...

@SAFCsource
Jelavic and Long are both cup-tied for Hull, Liam Bridcutt is not cup-tied for Sunderland.

Thank god Liam Bridcutt can play, he cant play in the capital one cup final because his cup tied!

FA Cup with Budweiser quarter final games will be played over the weekend of March 8 and 9.... weekend after the Capital one cup final

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

16 Feb 2014, 4:05 pm #324
Yep, the next 6 weeks are going to be a busy old time...

I wouldn't bet against another 2 visits to Wembley between the C1 Cup Final and Mid-May...

If Sunderland were to get to the FA Cup Final then Man City, Arsenal or Liverpool is the obvious opposition especially when European Football is a possibility, but I think Sunderland v Everton would be a good game in the the Final
MrFozz
16 Feb 2014, 4:05 pm #324

Yep, the next 6 weeks are going to be a busy old time...

I wouldn't bet against another 2 visits to Wembley between the C1 Cup Final and Mid-May...

If Sunderland were to get to the FA Cup Final then Man City, Arsenal or Liverpool is the obvious opposition especially when European Football is a possibility, but I think Sunderland v Everton would be a good game in the the Final

Adrian

16 Feb 2014, 4:09 pm #325
Andy Gray co-commentating on the Arsenal v Liverpool match for BT Sport at the moment. A complete breath of fresh air compared to Michael Owen, and good on BT Sport for sticking with him when all these 'pressure groups' keep having a go at them for it.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
16 Feb 2014, 4:09 pm #325

Andy Gray co-commentating on the Arsenal v Liverpool match for BT Sport at the moment. A complete breath of fresh air compared to Michael Owen, and good on BT Sport for sticking with him when all these 'pressure groups' keep having a go at them for it.

Michael

16 Feb 2014, 4:11 pm #326
(16 Feb 2014, 4:05 pm)fozzovmurton Yep, the next 6 weeks are going to be a busy old time...

Would love us to get to 2 cup finals and stay up in the prem, i hope that happens.... wont happen... but i can hope haha

Would like to see Sunderland v Everton final

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
16 Feb 2014, 4:11 pm #326

(16 Feb 2014, 4:05 pm)fozzovmurton Yep, the next 6 weeks are going to be a busy old time...

Would love us to get to 2 cup finals and stay up in the prem, i hope that happens.... wont happen... but i can hope haha

Would like to see Sunderland v Everton final

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

16 Feb 2014, 4:12 pm #327
(16 Feb 2014, 4:09 pm)aureolin Andy Gray co-commentating on the Arsenal v Liverpool match for BT Sport at the moment. A complete breath of fresh air compared to Michael Owen, and good on BT Sport for sticking with him when all these 'pressure groups' keep having a go at them for it.

Was it Andy Gray who was sacked for having a go at Sian Massey w/Richard Keys???
MrFozz
16 Feb 2014, 4:12 pm #327

(16 Feb 2014, 4:09 pm)aureolin Andy Gray co-commentating on the Arsenal v Liverpool match for BT Sport at the moment. A complete breath of fresh air compared to Michael Owen, and good on BT Sport for sticking with him when all these 'pressure groups' keep having a go at them for it.

Was it Andy Gray who was sacked for having a go at Sian Massey w/Richard Keys???

Adrian

16 Feb 2014, 4:30 pm #328
(16 Feb 2014, 4:12 pm)fozzovmurton Was it Andy Gray who was sacked for having a go at Sian Massey w/Richard Keys???

Yea. I think it's bang out of order what they said/did, but how long ago was it? You can't keep persecuting someone forever, especially when they're great at what they do.

Adrian
16 Feb 2014, 4:30 pm #328

(16 Feb 2014, 4:12 pm)fozzovmurton Was it Andy Gray who was sacked for having a go at Sian Massey w/Richard Keys???

Yea. I think it's bang out of order what they said/did, but how long ago was it? You can't keep persecuting someone forever, especially when they're great at what they do.

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

16 Feb 2014, 4:36 pm #329
(16 Feb 2014, 4:30 pm)aureolin Yea. I think it's bang out of order what they said/did, but how long ago was it? You can't keep persecuting someone forever, especially when they're great at what they do.

It was January 2011, personally at the time, I thought sacking them was a bit harsh, maybes a stiff ear bashing about remembering to turn there mics off before airing there opinions...

But the world we live in, every fucker has an opinion and people are given trial by unfair media these days
MrFozz
16 Feb 2014, 4:36 pm #329

(16 Feb 2014, 4:30 pm)aureolin Yea. I think it's bang out of order what they said/did, but how long ago was it? You can't keep persecuting someone forever, especially when they're great at what they do.

It was January 2011, personally at the time, I thought sacking them was a bit harsh, maybes a stiff ear bashing about remembering to turn there mics off before airing there opinions...

But the world we live in, every fucker has an opinion and people are given trial by unfair media these days

Andreos1

16 Feb 2014, 4:45 pm #330

What about Ron Atkinson? Wink

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
16 Feb 2014, 4:45 pm #330

What about Ron Atkinson? Wink

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

16 Feb 2014, 4:54 pm #331
(16 Feb 2014, 4:45 pm)andreos1 What about Ron Atkinson? Wink

Just had an operation on his jumper had the word 'cist' removed
[Image: umy5u9yb.jpg]

Now that was completely worth getting sacked for, what was it he called Marcel Desailly 'A fucking big lazy n****r'
Edited 16 Feb 2014, 4:54 pm by MrFozz.
MrFozz
16 Feb 2014, 4:54 pm #331

(16 Feb 2014, 4:45 pm)andreos1 What about Ron Atkinson? Wink

Just had an operation on his jumper had the word 'cist' removed

Now that was completely worth getting sacked for, what was it he called Marcel Desailly 'A fucking big lazy n****r'

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

16 Feb 2014, 5:05 pm #332

SHEFF UTD v SHEFF WED/CHARLTON
MAN CITY v WIGAN

Edited...Steel City Derby is one step closer...Little Cloughie has triunphed over his old team 3-1
Edited 16 Feb 2014, 5:06 pm by MrFozz.
MrFozz
16 Feb 2014, 5:05 pm #332

MAN CITY v WIGAN

Edited...Steel City Derby is one step closer...Little Cloughie has triunphed over his old team 3-1

Andreos1

16 Feb 2014, 5:09 pm #333
(16 Feb 2014, 4:54 pm)fozzovmurton Just had an operation on his jumper had the word 'cist' removed

The similarities between the two were uncanny - amazing how mics were switched on by 'accident' like.
Is there a difference between racism and sexism?
In the modern era, both are wrong and there is legislation in place to protect people from both.

Going back to the Keys/Grey incident, there was obviously more that met the eye, especially as the reporter fella was let off.
I am sure there was reports of both Keys and Grey being linked with sexism in the past.

Andreos1
16 Feb 2014, 5:09 pm #333

(16 Feb 2014, 4:54 pm)fozzovmurton Just had an operation on his jumper had the word 'cist' removed

The similarities between the two were uncanny - amazing how mics were switched on by 'accident' like.
Is there a difference between racism and sexism?
In the modern era, both are wrong and there is legislation in place to protect people from both.

Going back to the Keys/Grey incident, there was obviously more that met the eye, especially as the reporter fella was let off.
I am sure there was reports of both Keys and Grey being linked with sexism in the past.

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

16 Feb 2014, 5:16 pm #334
It was not just Sian Massey they had a pop at, it was women officials in general and also singled out former official Wendy Toms...

As for other incidents, I think you may be thinking of this

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/footbal...ckson.html

He said something untoward to Charlotte Jackson
MrFozz
16 Feb 2014, 5:16 pm #334

It was not just Sian Massey they had a pop at, it was women officials in general and also singled out former official Wendy Toms...

As for other incidents, I think you may be thinking of this

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/footbal...ckson.html

He said something untoward to Charlotte Jackson

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

16 Feb 2014, 5:22 pm #335
The thing with Big Ron, what he said was not heard in the UK, his slur was picked up on a Middle Eastern transmission...

Dropping an N-bomb and the F word does not make a good mix ever
MrFozz
16 Feb 2014, 5:22 pm #335

The thing with Big Ron, what he said was not heard in the UK, his slur was picked up on a Middle Eastern transmission...

Dropping an N-bomb and the F word does not make a good mix ever

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

16 Feb 2014, 6:00 pm #336
Updated

ARSENAL v EVERTON
MAN CITY v WIGAN
Edited 16 Feb 2014, 6:01 pm by MrFozz.
MrFozz
16 Feb 2014, 6:00 pm #336

Updated

ARSENAL v EVERTON
MAN CITY v WIGAN

Michael

16 Feb 2014, 6:04 pm #337
(16 Feb 2014, 6:00 pm)fozzovmurton Updated

ARSENAL v EVERTON
MAN CITY v WIGAN

When does Sheff Wed play?

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
16 Feb 2014, 6:04 pm #337

(16 Feb 2014, 6:00 pm)fozzovmurton Updated

ARSENAL v EVERTON
MAN CITY v WIGAN

When does Sheff Wed play?

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

16 Feb 2014, 6:05 pm #338
(16 Feb 2014, 6:04 pm)Michael When does Sheff Wed play?

Not sure, there game was postponed yesterday
MrFozz
16 Feb 2014, 6:05 pm #338

(16 Feb 2014, 6:04 pm)Michael When does Sheff Wed play?

Not sure, there game was postponed yesterday

Michael

16 Feb 2014, 6:10 pm #339
(16 Feb 2014, 6:05 pm)fozzovmurton Not sure, there game was postponed yesterday

Hopefully soon,forgot it was postponed

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
16 Feb 2014, 6:10 pm #339

(16 Feb 2014, 6:05 pm)fozzovmurton Not sure, there game was postponed yesterday

Hopefully soon,forgot it was postponed

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

16 Feb 2014, 6:25 pm #340
(16 Feb 2014, 6:10 pm)Michael Hopefully soon,forgot it was postponed

I would guess around the same replays are due to be played, so possibly next week
MrFozz
16 Feb 2014, 6:25 pm #340

(16 Feb 2014, 6:10 pm)Michael Hopefully soon,forgot it was postponed

I would guess around the same replays are due to be played, so possibly next week

Pages (143) Previous 116 17 18143 Next

• 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average