Menu

North East Buses The Canteen General off-topic chat 2014-15 Football Season(Who will be the best North East Team)

2014-15 Football Season(Who will be the best North East Team)

2014-15 Football Season(Who will be the best North East Team)

• 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average

Pages (143) Previous 1101 102 103143 Next
Poll: best team in the north east
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.

sunderland
50.00%
Votes 9
newcastle
33.33%
Votes 6
middlesbourgh
0%
Votes 0
hartlepool
0%
Votes 0
gateshead
5.56%
Votes 1
south shields
5.56%
Votes 1
jarrow & boldon roofing
5.56%
Votes 1
other
0%
Votes 0

Total 18 vote(s) 100%
mb134

09 Mar 2015, 9:46 pm #2,021
Great refereeing in the Man Utd - Arsenal game tonight, absolutely brilliant, best I've seen for a long time. Also pleased with the result, can't stand Man Utd, hate the fact that they're winging because they haven't won a trophy for a couple of years, try supporting a club who have never won anything in your lifetime or the 29 years beforehand. 
mb134
09 Mar 2015, 9:46 pm #2,021

Great refereeing in the Man Utd - Arsenal game tonight, absolutely brilliant, best I've seen for a long time. Also pleased with the result, can't stand Man Utd, hate the fact that they're winging because they haven't won a trophy for a couple of years, try supporting a club who have never won anything in your lifetime or the 29 years beforehand. 

Adrian

09 Mar 2015, 9:50 pm #2,022
(09 Mar 2015, 9:46 pm)mb134 Great refereeing in the Man Utd - Arsenal game tonight, absolutely brilliant, best I've seen for a long time. Also pleased with the result, can't stand Man Utd, hate the fact that they're winging because they haven't won a trophy for a couple of years, try supporting a club who have never won anything in your lifetime or the 29 years beforehand. 

Aye, I quite like Michael Oliver as a ref. Very fair tonight, and got all the big calls 100% spot on. I don't care what they say about Di Maria. End of the day, he put his hands on an official in aggression, which is violent conduct.

I thought the game itself was a really good end to end game of football. One of the best I've seen this season, and it's set us up with a good semi final draw. Potential for an Arsenal v Liverpool final too. Smile

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
09 Mar 2015, 9:50 pm #2,022

(09 Mar 2015, 9:46 pm)mb134 Great refereeing in the Man Utd - Arsenal game tonight, absolutely brilliant, best I've seen for a long time. Also pleased with the result, can't stand Man Utd, hate the fact that they're winging because they haven't won a trophy for a couple of years, try supporting a club who have never won anything in your lifetime or the 29 years beforehand. 

Aye, I quite like Michael Oliver as a ref. Very fair tonight, and got all the big calls 100% spot on. I don't care what they say about Di Maria. End of the day, he put his hands on an official in aggression, which is violent conduct.

I thought the game itself was a really good end to end game of football. One of the best I've seen this season, and it's set us up with a good semi final draw. Potential for an Arsenal v Liverpool final too. Smile

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook

Tom

09 Mar 2015, 9:51 pm #2,023
Was disgraceful the diving like!
No need for it at all, Januzaj's dive was blatant.

But I agree it was great refereeing.
Tom
09 Mar 2015, 9:51 pm #2,023

Was disgraceful the diving like!
No need for it at all, Januzaj's dive was blatant.

But I agree it was great refereeing.

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

09 Mar 2015, 9:58 pm #2,024
Di Maria was stupid, getting. booked for diving, then grabbing the Refs shirt, idiot, the one thing players should never do on the pitch, should never lay a hand on the ref.

I think it is brilliant there on a slide, couldn't happen to a bigger bunch of wankers...

Bradford/Reading v Arsenal
Aston Villa v Liverpool/Blackburn

Would love to see a final that does not feature a top flight team at all, would be unprecedented in this day and age
MrFozz
09 Mar 2015, 9:58 pm #2,024

Di Maria was stupid, getting. booked for diving, then grabbing the Refs shirt, idiot, the one thing players should never do on the pitch, should never lay a hand on the ref.

I think it is brilliant there on a slide, couldn't happen to a bigger bunch of wankers...

Bradford/Reading v Arsenal
Aston Villa v Liverpool/Blackburn

Would love to see a final that does not feature a top flight team at all, would be unprecedented in this day and age

mb134

09 Mar 2015, 9:58 pm #2,025
(09 Mar 2015, 9:50 pm)aureolin Aye, I quite like Michael Oliver as a ref. Very fair tonight, and got all the big calls 100% spot on. I don't care what they say about Di Maria. End of the day, he put his hands on an official in aggression, which is violent conduct.

Amongst all of the bad refereeing in the Premier League this season, it's great to see a young ref (from Northumberland Big Grin  ), come through and put most of the rest to shame. Think the rest of the referees need to sit down and watch his performance tonight, I know every time I've seen him he's been very fair as you say, and gets most of the big calls correct. 

Would love to see an Arsenal - Liverpool final, have a sneaky feeling Villa might beat Blackburn/ Liverpool though Undecided 
mb134
09 Mar 2015, 9:58 pm #2,025

(09 Mar 2015, 9:50 pm)aureolin Aye, I quite like Michael Oliver as a ref. Very fair tonight, and got all the big calls 100% spot on. I don't care what they say about Di Maria. End of the day, he put his hands on an official in aggression, which is violent conduct.

Amongst all of the bad refereeing in the Premier League this season, it's great to see a young ref (from Northumberland Big Grin  ), come through and put most of the rest to shame. Think the rest of the referees need to sit down and watch his performance tonight, I know every time I've seen him he's been very fair as you say, and gets most of the big calls correct. 

Would love to see an Arsenal - Liverpool final, have a sneaky feeling Villa might beat Blackburn/ Liverpool though Undecided 

Tom

09 Mar 2015, 9:59 pm #2,026
I'd love a Blackburn v Bradford final tbh.
Tom
09 Mar 2015, 9:59 pm #2,026

I'd love a Blackburn v Bradford final tbh.

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

09 Mar 2015, 10:03 pm #2,027
(09 Mar 2015, 9:59 pm)Tom I'd love a Blackburn v Bradford final tbh.
Would love to see any 2 of the 3 non-PL teams in the final...

The bookies will say it will most likely be Liverpool v Arsenal, but I think Villa will end up in the final, and possibly go all the way, would not mind that, despite the fact I hate Tim Sherwood, I have always had a soft spot for Aston Villa Big Grin
MrFozz
09 Mar 2015, 10:03 pm #2,027

(09 Mar 2015, 9:59 pm)Tom I'd love a Blackburn v Bradford final tbh.
Would love to see any 2 of the 3 non-PL teams in the final...

The bookies will say it will most likely be Liverpool v Arsenal, but I think Villa will end up in the final, and possibly go all the way, would not mind that, despite the fact I hate Tim Sherwood, I have always had a soft spot for Aston Villa Big Grin

Andreos1

09 Mar 2015, 10:19 pm #2,028
Has someone got something against Shearer?
First they stick Gullit alongside him and now Roy Keane.

Out of all of the ex-players, managers or pundits kicking around out there, they have picked two guys who were notorious and very outspoken in their dislike for Shearer.

Saying that, they're no Hill/Venables combo like.

Loved watching them two argue.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
09 Mar 2015, 10:19 pm #2,028

Has someone got something against Shearer?

Out of all of the ex-players, managers or pundits kicking around out there, they have picked two guys who were notorious and very outspoken in their dislike for Shearer.

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

09 Mar 2015, 10:26 pm #2,029
(09 Mar 2015, 10:19 pm)Andreos1 Has someone got something against Shearer?

I thought Gullit and Shearer have done alright together when they have been together on MOTD...

As for Keane, when did he sign with the BBC, last time I saw him he was on ITV with the Fat Baggies Supporting Brummie
MrFozz
09 Mar 2015, 10:26 pm #2,029

(09 Mar 2015, 10:19 pm)Andreos1 Has someone got something against Shearer?

I thought Gullit and Shearer have done alright together when they have been together on MOTD...

As for Keane, when did he sign with the BBC, last time I saw him he was on ITV with the Fat Baggies Supporting Brummie

Andreos1

09 Mar 2015, 10:30 pm #2,030
(09 Mar 2015, 10:26 pm)MrFozz I thought Gullit and Shearer have done alright together when they have been together on MOTD...

Keane was a pundit tonight.

Lineker has been stirring the Shearer/Gullit thing. He said something on MOTD about managers leaving key strikers on the bench for important games - or something along those lines.

Andreos1
09 Mar 2015, 10:30 pm #2,030

(09 Mar 2015, 10:26 pm)MrFozz I thought Gullit and Shearer have done alright together when they have been together on MOTD...

Keane was a pundit tonight.

Lineker has been stirring the Shearer/Gullit thing. He said something on MOTD about managers leaving key strikers on the bench for important games - or something along those lines.

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

09 Mar 2015, 10:41 pm #2,031
(09 Mar 2015, 10:30 pm)Andreos1 Keane was a pundit tonight.

That was a few weeks ago iirc, didn't Shearer also make some kind of comment about it as well...

I could never fathom why Shearer was left on the bench that night, and Duncan Ferguson as well, I heard not long after, Ferguson verbally laid into Gullit after that match and went ballistic with him
MrFozz
09 Mar 2015, 10:41 pm #2,031

(09 Mar 2015, 10:30 pm)Andreos1 Keane was a pundit tonight.

That was a few weeks ago iirc, didn't Shearer also make some kind of comment about it as well...

I could never fathom why Shearer was left on the bench that night, and Duncan Ferguson as well, I heard not long after, Ferguson verbally laid into Gullit after that match and went ballistic with him

Andreos1

09 Mar 2015, 11:08 pm #2,032
(09 Mar 2015, 10:41 pm)MrFozz That was a few weeks ago iirc, didn't Shearer also make some kind of comment about it as well...

Yeah, Ferguson knocked the door of Gullits office, off its hinges the morning after the game

Andreos1
09 Mar 2015, 11:08 pm #2,032

(09 Mar 2015, 10:41 pm)MrFozz That was a few weeks ago iirc, didn't Shearer also make some kind of comment about it as well...

Yeah, Ferguson knocked the door of Gullits office, off its hinges the morning after the game

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

09 Mar 2015, 11:18 pm #2,033
(09 Mar 2015, 11:08 pm)Andreos1 Yeah, Ferguson knocked the door of Gullits office, off its hinges the morning after the game
Theres one man I would not want to fuck witb...Big Duncan, I still remember him being sent to jail for nutting an opposition player...He had 4 convictions for assault

1 for a fight with a fisherman, 1 for nutting a copper, 1 for kicking and punching a fan on crutches and for nutting John McStay for which he served 3 months.

The funniest one with Ferguson was when he caught 2 burglars in his house, 1 got away, the other ended up in hospital for 3 days...If your gonna burgle someone dont do it to Duncan Ferguson, it will only end in tears Big Grin
MrFozz
09 Mar 2015, 11:18 pm #2,033

(09 Mar 2015, 11:08 pm)Andreos1 Yeah, Ferguson knocked the door of Gullits office, off its hinges the morning after the game
Theres one man I would not want to fuck witb...Big Duncan, I still remember him being sent to jail for nutting an opposition player...He had 4 convictions for assault

1 for a fight with a fisherman, 1 for nutting a copper, 1 for kicking and punching a fan on crutches and for nutting John McStay for which he served 3 months.

The funniest one with Ferguson was when he caught 2 burglars in his house, 1 got away, the other ended up in hospital for 3 days...If your gonna burgle someone dont do it to Duncan Ferguson, it will only end in tears Big Grin

Davie

Banned

10 Mar 2015, 12:29 pm #2,034
Millwall have sacked their manager Ian Holloway
Davie
10 Mar 2015, 12:29 pm #2,034

Millwall have sacked their manager Ian Holloway

LeeCalder

10 Mar 2015, 4:34 pm #2,035
(10 Mar 2015, 12:29 pm)Davie Millwall have sacked their manager Ian Holloway

Does not suprise me one bit
LeeCalder
10 Mar 2015, 4:34 pm #2,035

Does not suprise me one bit

Davie

Banned

10 Mar 2015, 4:42 pm #2,036
(10 Mar 2015, 4:34 pm)leestransportphotos Does not suprise me one bit

The only thing that surprised me was he lasted so long 
Davie
10 Mar 2015, 4:42 pm #2,036

(10 Mar 2015, 4:34 pm)leestransportphotos Does not suprise me one bit

The only thing that surprised me was he lasted so long 

Davie

Banned

10 Mar 2015, 4:47 pm #2,037
Great Manchester Police are aware of a racist tweet towards former Manchester United and current Arsenal and England forward  Welbeck 
Attached Files
.png
Screenshot_2015-03-10-16-43-57.png
Size 425.75 KB / Downloads 6
Davie
10 Mar 2015, 4:47 pm #2,037

Great Manchester Police are aware of a racist tweet towards former Manchester United and current Arsenal and England forward  Welbeck 

Attached Files
.png
Screenshot_2015-03-10-16-43-57.png
Size 425.75 KB / Downloads 6

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

10 Mar 2015, 5:48 pm #2,038
Ian Holloway is one of my favourite people in Footy, a nice bloke as well...I met him when I worked at the Stadium of Light when Olly was the gaffer at Blackpool and got a selfie with him

[Image: 8c352b8f45efd98a40e4ad2ec8ec176b.jpg]

Here is a video of his best interviews, the best one being 'His ugly win' where he compared a not so good game to pulling some ugly bird in a nightclub and taking her home despite not being the best looking

(10 Mar 2015, 4:47 pm)Davie Great Manchester Police are aware of a racist tweet towards former Manchester United and current Arsenal and England forward  Welbeck 
No need for racism like...If Man Utd fans are responsible, it would not surprise me, a lot of there fanbase are close to being a feral bunch of scumbags...

They tried to trash my dads bar in 2010 at Sunderland about 6-7 months afrer trashing the bars at Oakwell in Barnsley
Manchester United fans 'like vultures'

Barnsley barney Manchester United fans accused trashing looting Oakwell food kiosks Carling Cup night shame.html
Edited 10 Mar 2015, 5:49 pm by MrFozz.
MrFozz
10 Mar 2015, 5:48 pm #2,038

Ian Holloway is one of my favourite people in Footy, a nice bloke as well...I met him when I worked at the Stadium of Light when Olly was the gaffer at Blackpool and got a selfie with him

[Image: 8c352b8f45efd98a40e4ad2ec8ec176b.jpg]

Here is a video of his best interviews, the best one being 'His ugly win' where he compared a not so good game to pulling some ugly bird in a nightclub and taking her home despite not being the best looking

(10 Mar 2015, 4:47 pm)Davie Great Manchester Police are aware of a racist tweet towards former Manchester United and current Arsenal and England forward  Welbeck 
No need for racism like...If Man Utd fans are responsible, it would not surprise me, a lot of there fanbase are close to being a feral bunch of scumbags...

They tried to trash my dads bar in 2010 at Sunderland about 6-7 months afrer trashing the bars at Oakwell in Barnsley
Manchester United fans 'like vultures'

Barnsley barney Manchester United fans accused trashing looting Oakwell food kiosks Carling Cup night shame.html

LeeCalder

10 Mar 2015, 5:51 pm #2,039
Gateshead face relegation threatened Welling United tonight in the Vanarama Conference
LeeCalder
10 Mar 2015, 5:51 pm #2,039

Gateshead face relegation threatened Welling United tonight in the Vanarama Conference

Tom

10 Mar 2015, 6:54 pm #2,040
Sunderland are bottom of the Fair Play BPL table!
Shame on you mackems!
Tom
10 Mar 2015, 6:54 pm #2,040

Sunderland are bottom of the Fair Play BPL table!
Shame on you mackems!

Pages (143) Previous 1101 102 103143 Next

• 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average