Menu

North East Buses The Canteen Off-topic bus chat Trespassing

Trespassing

Trespassing

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (19): Previous 117 18 19
Charles41

22 Oct 2015, 12:27 pm #361
(22 Oct 2015, 12:16 am)Michael I think hes related to someone who is a driver so he could of got permission to take pictures like that because of that..

Sure it was said before... not sure though.

Looking at the photos its possible that the photographer could have taken them without permission. The shot by the main entrance to Stanley depot could have been taken when the office is closed by quickly running into the depot. Judging by the quality of the photos I would say (in my opinion) they were taken in a hurry. The shots of the Toonlink vehicle could also have been taken from near the side entrance to Stanley Depot. For those who have not visited this location before there is a public right of way that runs past the side of the bus garage at Stanley.

Needless to say if the shots were taken without relevant permissions being granted it is potentially dangerous and  illegal. Such actions give all enthusiasts a bad name and can only cause unnecessary friction with bus operators. If you wish to visit any operator's garage you should ask for permission. Its only polite and decent to do so. Lets face it none of us would like it if a complete stranger walked into our living rooms and started taking photos of the furniture.

Charles
Edited 22 Oct 2015, 12:28 pm by Charles41.
Charles41
22 Oct 2015, 12:27 pm #361

(22 Oct 2015, 12:16 am)Michael I think hes related to someone who is a driver so he could of got permission to take pictures like that because of that..

Sure it was said before... not sure though.

Looking at the photos its possible that the photographer could have taken them without permission. The shot by the main entrance to Stanley depot could have been taken when the office is closed by quickly running into the depot. Judging by the quality of the photos I would say (in my opinion) they were taken in a hurry. The shots of the Toonlink vehicle could also have been taken from near the side entrance to Stanley Depot. For those who have not visited this location before there is a public right of way that runs past the side of the bus garage at Stanley.

Needless to say if the shots were taken without relevant permissions being granted it is potentially dangerous and  illegal. Such actions give all enthusiasts a bad name and can only cause unnecessary friction with bus operators. If you wish to visit any operator's garage you should ask for permission. Its only polite and decent to do so. Lets face it none of us would like it if a complete stranger walked into our living rooms and started taking photos of the furniture.

Charles

Michael

22 Oct 2015, 12:34 pm #362
(22 Oct 2015, 12:27 pm)Charles41 Looking at the photos its possible that the photographer could have taken them without permission. The shot by the main entrance to Stanley depot could have been taken when the office is closed by quickly running into the depot. Judging by the quality of the photos I would say (in my opinion) they were taken in a hurry. The shots of the Toonlink vehicle could also have been taken from near the side entrance to Stanley Depot. For those who have not visited this location before there is a public right of way that runs past the side of the bus garage at Stanley.

Charles

He might of Charles, not sure but i think he is related to someone who works at Stanley so he could of had permission but we might never know also you said look at the quality of his photos of the ones in depot but if you look at his other photos they're all blurry....

If they were taking without permission then his giving all enthusiasts a bad name..... which never helps. I didn't know that there was a public right of way that runs past the side of the bus garage at Stanley... shows how much i go to depots....
Edited 22 Oct 2015, 12:55 pm by Michael.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
22 Oct 2015, 12:34 pm #362

(22 Oct 2015, 12:27 pm)Charles41 Looking at the photos its possible that the photographer could have taken them without permission. The shot by the main entrance to Stanley depot could have been taken when the office is closed by quickly running into the depot. Judging by the quality of the photos I would say (in my opinion) they were taken in a hurry. The shots of the Toonlink vehicle could also have been taken from near the side entrance to Stanley Depot. For those who have not visited this location before there is a public right of way that runs past the side of the bus garage at Stanley.

Charles

He might of Charles, not sure but i think he is related to someone who works at Stanley so he could of had permission but we might never know also you said look at the quality of his photos of the ones in depot but if you look at his other photos they're all blurry....

If they were taking without permission then his giving all enthusiasts a bad name..... which never helps. I didn't know that there was a public right of way that runs past the side of the bus garage at Stanley... shows how much i go to depots....

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Charles41

22 Oct 2015, 12:53 pm #363
(22 Oct 2015, 12:34 pm)Michael He might of Charles, not sure but i think he is related to someone who works at Stanley so he could of had permission but we might never know also you said look at the quality of his photos of the ones in depot but if you look at his other photos they're all blurry....

If they were taking without permission then his giving all enthusiasts a bad name..... which never helps. I didn't know that there was a public right of way that runs past the side of the bus garage at Stanley... shows much i go to depots....

I've had a look at the photographer's Flickr, he does appear to be young lad. I'm guessing the 15 in his user name is his age. He could well be the son of a GNE staff member. I suppose (being unaware of GNE's policy on workplace visits by family members) if his relative or guardian is with him then it would be OK as long as he had permission to take the photos.

It does however raise the issue of a minor being in potentially dangerous environment.

The right of way runs between the bus garage and the new academy at Stanley. It leads into a housing estate.

Charles
Charles41
22 Oct 2015, 12:53 pm #363

(22 Oct 2015, 12:34 pm)Michael He might of Charles, not sure but i think he is related to someone who works at Stanley so he could of had permission but we might never know also you said look at the quality of his photos of the ones in depot but if you look at his other photos they're all blurry....

If they were taking without permission then his giving all enthusiasts a bad name..... which never helps. I didn't know that there was a public right of way that runs past the side of the bus garage at Stanley... shows much i go to depots....

I've had a look at the photographer's Flickr, he does appear to be young lad. I'm guessing the 15 in his user name is his age. He could well be the son of a GNE staff member. I suppose (being unaware of GNE's policy on workplace visits by family members) if his relative or guardian is with him then it would be OK as long as he had permission to take the photos.

It does however raise the issue of a minor being in potentially dangerous environment.

The right of way runs between the bus garage and the new academy at Stanley. It leads into a housing estate.

Charles

Adrian

22 Oct 2015, 6:26 pm #364

Charles

It's not illegal. Trespass is a civil matter.

Of course, everyone is just guessing what might have happened. He could have had written permission from the MD, for all we know.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
22 Oct 2015, 6:26 pm #364

Charles

It's not illegal. Trespass is a civil matter.

Of course, everyone is just guessing what might have happened. He could have had written permission from the MD, for all we know.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook

S813 FVK

22 Oct 2015, 6:28 pm #365
I don't think it is through relation. I think he is just a normal enthusiast.
S813 FVK
22 Oct 2015, 6:28 pm #365

I don't think it is through relation. I think he is just a normal enthusiast.

Diamond One

Banned

22 Oct 2015, 10:22 pm #366
(22 Oct 2015, 6:28 pm)S813 FVK I don't think it is through relation. I think he is just a normal enthusiast.

i rang GNE earlier and they said non of his family works for them so he is a normal enthusiast
Diamond One
22 Oct 2015, 10:22 pm #366

(22 Oct 2015, 6:28 pm)S813 FVK I don't think it is through relation. I think he is just a normal enthusiast.

i rang GNE earlier and they said non of his family works for them so he is a normal enthusiast

Michael

22 Oct 2015, 10:27 pm #367
(22 Oct 2015, 10:22 pm)Diamond One i rang GNE earlier and they said non of his family works for them so he is a normal enthusiast

Probables because information about employees and their families is confidential?

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
22 Oct 2015, 10:27 pm #367

(22 Oct 2015, 10:22 pm)Diamond One i rang GNE earlier and they said non of his family works for them so he is a normal enthusiast

Probables because information about employees and their families is confidential?

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Diamond One

Banned

22 Oct 2015, 10:32 pm #368
(22 Oct 2015, 10:27 pm)Michael Probables because information about employees and their families is confidential?

trying to keep it under secret
Diamond One
22 Oct 2015, 10:32 pm #368

(22 Oct 2015, 10:27 pm)Michael Probables because information about employees and their families is confidential?

trying to keep it under secret

Michael

22 Oct 2015, 10:37 pm #369
(22 Oct 2015, 10:32 pm)Diamond One trying to keep it under secret

That's the whole point of the company being confidential though...or another word for it.... confidentiality.
Edited 22 Oct 2015, 10:41 pm by Michael.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
22 Oct 2015, 10:37 pm #369

(22 Oct 2015, 10:32 pm)Diamond One trying to keep it under secret

That's the whole point of the company being confidential though...or another word for it.... confidentiality.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Diamond One

Banned

22 Oct 2015, 10:53 pm #370
(22 Oct 2015, 10:37 pm)Michael That's the whole point of the company being confidential though...or another word for it.... confidentiality.

if any of us took photo we would get knacked off the company but even if one of his relatives works for the company he shouldn't have done it say if my dad or mum or even my uncle works for GNE i wouldn't risk it my mates cousin works for Deptford as an engineer even if he was an enthusiast he wouldn't dare take photos inside the depot also his uncle is a driver for Deptford he woudln't dare ask to take photos inside the depot as it will be classed as trespassing but sometimes it is not confidentiality unless a contract is signed within the company
Diamond One
22 Oct 2015, 10:53 pm #370

(22 Oct 2015, 10:37 pm)Michael That's the whole point of the company being confidential though...or another word for it.... confidentiality.

if any of us took photo we would get knacked off the company but even if one of his relatives works for the company he shouldn't have done it say if my dad or mum or even my uncle works for GNE i wouldn't risk it my mates cousin works for Deptford as an engineer even if he was an enthusiast he wouldn't dare take photos inside the depot also his uncle is a driver for Deptford he woudln't dare ask to take photos inside the depot as it will be classed as trespassing but sometimes it is not confidentiality unless a contract is signed within the company

Michael

22 Oct 2015, 10:57 pm #371
(22 Oct 2015, 10:53 pm)Diamond One if any of us took photo we would get knacked off the company but even if one of his relatives works for the company he shouldn't have done it say if my dad or mum or even my uncle works for GNE i wouldn't risk it my mates cousin works for Deptford as an engineer even if he was an enthusiast he wouldn't dare take photos inside the depot also his uncle is a driver for Deptford he woudln't dare ask to take photos inside the depot as it will be classed as trespassing but sometimes it is not confidentiality unless a contract is signed within the company

Yes he shouldn't have but i'm not on about the photos, i'm on about the reason why GNE wouldnt tell you if he was related to anyone at GNE.
Edited 22 Oct 2015, 11:01 pm by Michael. Edit Reason: Missed a word out.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
22 Oct 2015, 10:57 pm #371

(22 Oct 2015, 10:53 pm)Diamond One if any of us took photo we would get knacked off the company but even if one of his relatives works for the company he shouldn't have done it say if my dad or mum or even my uncle works for GNE i wouldn't risk it my mates cousin works for Deptford as an engineer even if he was an enthusiast he wouldn't dare take photos inside the depot also his uncle is a driver for Deptford he woudln't dare ask to take photos inside the depot as it will be classed as trespassing but sometimes it is not confidentiality unless a contract is signed within the company

Yes he shouldn't have but i'm not on about the photos, i'm on about the reason why GNE wouldnt tell you if he was related to anyone at GNE.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Diamond One

Banned

22 Oct 2015, 10:59 pm #372
(22 Oct 2015, 10:57 pm)Michael Yes he shouldn't have but i'm not about the photos, i'm on about the reason why GNE wouldnt tell you if he was related to anyone at GNE.

ill do my own research on this jackdriver15 thanks
Diamond One
22 Oct 2015, 10:59 pm #372

(22 Oct 2015, 10:57 pm)Michael Yes he shouldn't have but i'm not about the photos, i'm on about the reason why GNE wouldnt tell you if he was related to anyone at GNE.

ill do my own research on this jackdriver15 thanks

23 Oct 2015, 1:06 am #373
Actually it looks to me that you are doing this out of jealous that someone may have gotten permission to visit a depot and you haven't.

Quit playing dective otherwise you will end up rubbing people up the wrong way..... again.

Basically it's GNE's problem and not yours. The company doesn't need you wasting their time tittle tattling when they have a business to run. If they want to investigate it, then they will, if they don't then they don't, thats the end of the matter.

Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/
Who needs heroes anyway? Villians have more fun.
Rapidsnap
23 Oct 2015, 1:06 am #373

Actually it looks to me that you are doing this out of jealous that someone may have gotten permission to visit a depot and you haven't.

Quit playing dective otherwise you will end up rubbing people up the wrong way..... again.

Basically it's GNE's problem and not yours. The company doesn't need you wasting their time tittle tattling when they have a business to run. If they want to investigate it, then they will, if they don't then they don't, thats the end of the matter.

Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/
Who needs heroes anyway? Villians have more fun.

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

23 Oct 2015, 6:16 am #375
(22 Oct 2015, 10:22 pm)Diamond One i rang GNE earlier and they said non of his family works for them so he is a normal enthusiast
I dont believe they give you any employee information at all, and if they did, they just told you what you wanted to hear to make you look daft

(22 Oct 2015, 10:53 pm)Diamond One if any of us took photo we would get knacked off the company but even if one of his relatives works for the company he shouldn't have done it say if my dad or mum or even my uncle works for GNE i wouldn't risk it my mates cousin works for Deptford as an engineer even if he was an enthusiast he wouldn't dare take photos inside the depot also his uncle is a driver for Deptford he woudln't dare ask to take photos inside the depot as it will be classed as trespassing but sometimes it is not confidentiality unless a contract is signed within the company

What if, there is a chance the kid did have permission to go in the depot...

Most of what you wrote makes no sense, if someone has permission to take photos in a depot, it is not trespassing

(23 Oct 2015, 1:06 am)GMitchelhill Actually it looks to me that you are doing this out of jealous that someone may have gotten permission to visit a depot and you haven't.

I am with Gary on this one, it just may be the kid had permission to enter the depot and you are upset about it.

Get over it mate, dont concern yourself with other peoples business...

Despite all that I am afraid we have not heard the last of this
MrFozz
23 Oct 2015, 6:16 am #375

(22 Oct 2015, 10:22 pm)Diamond One i rang GNE earlier and they said non of his family works for them so he is a normal enthusiast
I dont believe they give you any employee information at all, and if they did, they just told you what you wanted to hear to make you look daft

(22 Oct 2015, 10:53 pm)Diamond One if any of us took photo we would get knacked off the company but even if one of his relatives works for the company he shouldn't have done it say if my dad or mum or even my uncle works for GNE i wouldn't risk it my mates cousin works for Deptford as an engineer even if he was an enthusiast he wouldn't dare take photos inside the depot also his uncle is a driver for Deptford he woudln't dare ask to take photos inside the depot as it will be classed as trespassing but sometimes it is not confidentiality unless a contract is signed within the company

What if, there is a chance the kid did have permission to go in the depot...

Most of what you wrote makes no sense, if someone has permission to take photos in a depot, it is not trespassing

(23 Oct 2015, 1:06 am)GMitchelhill Actually it looks to me that you are doing this out of jealous that someone may have gotten permission to visit a depot and you haven't.

I am with Gary on this one, it just may be the kid had permission to enter the depot and you are upset about it.

Get over it mate, dont concern yourself with other peoples business...

Despite all that I am afraid we have not heard the last of this

Half Pint

23 Oct 2015, 4:10 pm #376

Here man he'll probs try and ring up and pretend to be the company doctor again lmao!
Half Pint
23 Oct 2015, 4:10 pm #376

Here man he'll probs try and ring up and pretend to be the company doctor again lmao!

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

23 Oct 2015, 4:13 pm #377
(23 Oct 2015, 4:10 pm)Half Pint Here man he'll probs try and ring up and pretend to be the company doctor again lmao!
Lets not go there plz...That is old news now, lets leave that in the past plz
MrFozz
23 Oct 2015, 4:13 pm #377

(23 Oct 2015, 4:10 pm)Half Pint Here man he'll probs try and ring up and pretend to be the company doctor again lmao!
Lets not go there plz...That is old news now, lets leave that in the past plz

Andreos1

24 Jul 2016, 8:55 pm #378
Don't go in to bus depots when chasing Pokemons!

https://twitter.com/FirstEssex/status/75...2833937408

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
24 Jul 2016, 8:55 pm #378

Don't go in to bus depots when chasing Pokemons!

https://twitter.com/FirstEssex/status/75...2833937408

'Illegitimis non carborundum'

Pages (19): Previous 117 18 19

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average