Menu

North East Buses The Canteen General off-topic chat A little request please

A little request please

A little request please

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

11 Aug 2014, 3:14 pm #1
MODS: If this would be best in the anything and everything thread, then merge it please

I hope I am not asking too much of you guys here...

Remember a few weeks ago I said I was hoping to goto Scotland to get help with my problems, well I have an interview tomorrow to see if I fit there criteria for admission.

I want to ask my NEB comrades to spare a thought for Me and My family, I am trying to get an emotional response or tug on the heartstrings, but it is nice to know, oh yeah, boosts my ego a bit and helps my lack of confidence and self esteem. Also if anyone is religious and attends a church, think of me in your prayers...

Not sure if I brought it up where I last mentioned it, The place I want is called The Haven, between Glasgow and Greenock, in a place called Kilmacolm, the property is on farmland and very secluded.

IF accepted, there is a chance I would be away for close to 2 years getting treatment, it is what I need, as I want to stay a member of NEB, will my account automatically go if I am inactive for months on end or could my account be parked whenever I am not around?

Once again I hope you don't mind me making that request, I have been on NEB for a long time now, and I don't want to lose my membership and to have to sign up again 2 years down the line...

Some of you guys I already know, some of you I don't and some good enough to say hi in passing.

Something a bit lighter

In 2 years, I wonder

1. How many times will North Sunderland be messed with/changed...I reckon 1,234.5
2. What will become the new X3 in terms of it being something to moan about..The 99 Tongue
3. Will col87 get his dream of GNE competition in Chimpsville and Teesside
4. Will Malarkey see his dream come true by managing to get GNE take on one his marathons
5. Will Sunderland sign Messi, Bale, Ronaldo and Neymar for a combined fee of 57p, a pound off a brothel visit and 20 Regal King Size...
6. Will the authorities get worried about the FPF to the point Andreos has to go under a ski mask and have his words spoken by actors(like Gerry Adams broadcast ban in the 80's)
7. Will I come home to find my dream come true, every bus in Co.Durham/Cleveland and Tyne and Wear coming to Dalton Park

MrFozz
11 Aug 2014, 3:14 pm #1

MODS: If this would be best in the anything and everything thread, then merge it please

Remember a few weeks ago I said I was hoping to goto Scotland to get help with my problems, well I have an interview tomorrow to see if I fit there criteria for admission.

I want to ask my NEB comrades to spare a thought for Me and My family, I am trying to get an emotional response or tug on the heartstrings, but it is nice to know, oh yeah, boosts my ego a bit and helps my lack of confidence and self esteem. Also if anyone is religious and attends a church, think of me in your prayers...

Not sure if I brought it up where I last mentioned it, The place I want is called The Haven, between Glasgow and Greenock, in a place called Kilmacolm, the property is on farmland and very secluded.

IF accepted, there is a chance I would be away for close to 2 years getting treatment, it is what I need, as I want to stay a member of NEB, will my account automatically go if I am inactive for months on end or could my account be parked whenever I am not around?

Once again I hope you don't mind me making that request, I have been on NEB for a long time now, and I don't want to lose my membership and to have to sign up again 2 years down the line...

Some of you guys I already know, some of you I don't and some good enough to say hi in passing.

Something a bit lighter

In 2 years, I wonder

1. How many times will North Sunderland be messed with/changed...I reckon 1,234.5
2. What will become the new X3 in terms of it being something to moan about..The 99 Tongue
4. Will Malarkey see his dream come true by managing to get GNE take on one his marathons
5. Will Sunderland sign Messi, Bale, Ronaldo and Neymar for a combined fee of 57p, a pound off a brothel visit and 20 Regal King Size...
6. Will the authorities get worried about the FPF to the point Andreos has to go under a ski mask and have his words spoken by actors(like Gerry Adams broadcast ban in the 80's)
7. Will I come home to find my dream come true, every bus in Co.Durham/Cleveland and Tyne and Wear coming to Dalton Park

Tom

11 Aug 2014, 3:17 pm #2
(11 Aug 2014, 3:14 pm)marxistafozzski MODS: If this would be best in the anything and everything thread, then merge it please

Something a bit lighter

In 2 years, I wonder

If you do get accepted - all the best mate.
I'm sure a lot will have changed in the two years you go way.

Also I don't think your account will become inactive.
Tom
11 Aug 2014, 3:17 pm #2

(11 Aug 2014, 3:14 pm)marxistafozzski MODS: If this would be best in the anything and everything thread, then merge it please

Something a bit lighter

In 2 years, I wonder

If you do get accepted - all the best mate.
I'm sure a lot will have changed in the two years you go way.

Also I don't think your account will become inactive.

Andreos1

11 Aug 2014, 3:20 pm #3

Something a bit lighter

In 2 years, I wonder

They're already trying to get the FPF banned and I often walk around in disguise.
Media appearances are used, using my alter ego - with indirect references to the campaign, hidden subliminally in the content.

If you play recordings backwards, there are a lot of hidden messages Wink

Good luck with the interview tomorrow.
If you do get it, stay clear of regional delicacies, such as Buckfast, deep fried battered mars bars and deep fried maceroni pie/pizza.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
11 Aug 2014, 3:20 pm #3

Something a bit lighter

In 2 years, I wonder

They're already trying to get the FPF banned and I often walk around in disguise.
Media appearances are used, using my alter ego - with indirect references to the campaign, hidden subliminally in the content.

If you do get it, stay clear of regional delicacies, such as Buckfast, deep fried battered mars bars and deep fried maceroni pie/pizza.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

11 Aug 2014, 3:26 pm #4
(11 Aug 2014, 3:20 pm)Andreos Constantopolous They're already trying to get the FPF banned and I often walk around in disguise.

Isn't Buckfast to Scottish Alcoholics what White Star and White Lightning is English Alcoholics...I had a battered Mars bar years ago, the foulest thing I ever tasted...It looked a battered turd with a touch of the squirts
MrFozz
11 Aug 2014, 3:26 pm #4

(11 Aug 2014, 3:20 pm)Andreos Constantopolous They're already trying to get the FPF banned and I often walk around in disguise.

Isn't Buckfast to Scottish Alcoholics what White Star and White Lightning is English Alcoholics...I had a battered Mars bar years ago, the foulest thing I ever tasted...It looked a battered turd with a touch of the squirts

MurdnunoC

11 Aug 2014, 3:36 pm #5
I've had a battered Mars Bar from a pizza shop up in Blackhill. It seemed like a novel idea at the time however the taste was horrid.
MurdnunoC
11 Aug 2014, 3:36 pm #5

I've had a battered Mars Bar from a pizza shop up in Blackhill. It seemed like a novel idea at the time however the taste was horrid.

Dan

Site Administrator

11 Aug 2014, 3:36 pm #6
All the best, fozz.

Liam usually does a clear-out when we get to a couple of hundred inactive members - and I think last time he deleted all the accounts which hadn't been online in over six months.

Of course we'll make an exception for you though! Wink
Dan
11 Aug 2014, 3:36 pm #6

All the best, fozz.

Liam usually does a clear-out when we get to a couple of hundred inactive members - and I think last time he deleted all the accounts which hadn't been online in over six months.

Of course we'll make an exception for you though! Wink

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

11 Aug 2014, 3:40 pm #7
Thanks guys means a lot...

Is there no setting/option to park an account that will be inactive, I have been on a few boards in the past and if I was for a while, parking the account meant, although inactive it protected the account being deleted

I am doing some intensive training to understand the Glasgow Accent...

Ok, I lied, am watching Rab C Nesbitt on YouTube lmao
Edited 11 Aug 2014, 3:41 pm by MrFozz.
MrFozz
11 Aug 2014, 3:40 pm #7

Thanks guys means a lot...

Is there no setting/option to park an account that will be inactive, I have been on a few boards in the past and if I was for a while, parking the account meant, although inactive it protected the account being deleted

Adam

11 Aug 2014, 4:01 pm #8
Good luck with the interview Fozz. Hope you do get accepted. If so, all the best for that too. As a Catholic who attends Church every Sunday morning, I will keep you in my prayers, that's a promise.
Adam
11 Aug 2014, 4:01 pm #8

Good luck with the interview Fozz. Hope you do get accepted. If so, all the best for that too. As a Catholic who attends Church every Sunday morning, I will keep you in my prayers, that's a promise.

DanPicken

Banned

11 Aug 2014, 4:36 pm #9
(11 Aug 2014, 3:40 pm)marxistafozzski Thanks guys means a lot...

Set it to away.
DanPicken
11 Aug 2014, 4:36 pm #9

(11 Aug 2014, 3:40 pm)marxistafozzski Thanks guys means a lot...

Set it to away.

Adrian

11 Aug 2014, 5:45 pm #10
Good luck with the interview. I'm sure if you just be yourself, then it'll go just fine. Smile

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
11 Aug 2014, 5:45 pm #10

Good luck with the interview. I'm sure if you just be yourself, then it'll go just fine. Smile

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

11 Aug 2014, 5:58 pm #11
(11 Aug 2014, 4:01 pm)Adam Good luck with the interview Fozz. Hope you do get accepted. If so, all the best for that too. As a Catholic who attends Church every Sunday morning, I will keep you in my prayers, that's a promise.

Thanks Adam and god bless you my friend...Just out of interest and rather stupid, if you goto your Padre to confess your sins, how far does confidentiality go, if you confess to him your a murderer, would the padre have to keep the secret or can confidentiality only go so far...Just a random thought lol

(11 Aug 2014, 5:45 pm)aureolin Good luck with the interview. I'm sure if you just be yourself, then it'll go just fine. Smile

Thanks everyone...I'm putting it to the back of my mind so I can have a bit kip...I just wish it never come to this, it saddens me to have to leave the area, but I feel I cashed my final chips in a few years ago and exhausted all support in the area, the place I hope to goto is on a farm in the middle of nowhere, so it gives every chance for me have the peace and quiet I need to battle my demons
MrFozz
11 Aug 2014, 5:58 pm #11

(11 Aug 2014, 4:01 pm)Adam Good luck with the interview Fozz. Hope you do get accepted. If so, all the best for that too. As a Catholic who attends Church every Sunday morning, I will keep you in my prayers, that's a promise.

Thanks Adam and god bless you my friend...Just out of interest and rather stupid, if you goto your Padre to confess your sins, how far does confidentiality go, if you confess to him your a murderer, would the padre have to keep the secret or can confidentiality only go so far...Just a random thought lol

(11 Aug 2014, 5:45 pm)aureolin Good luck with the interview. I'm sure if you just be yourself, then it'll go just fine. Smile

Thanks everyone...I'm putting it to the back of my mind so I can have a bit kip...I just wish it never come to this, it saddens me to have to leave the area, but I feel I cashed my final chips in a few years ago and exhausted all support in the area, the place I hope to goto is on a farm in the middle of nowhere, so it gives every chance for me have the peace and quiet I need to battle my demons

Adam

11 Aug 2014, 7:56 pm #12
(11 Aug 2014, 5:58 pm)marxistafozzski Thanks Adam and god bless you my friend...Just out of interest and rather stupid, if you goto your Padre to confess your sins, how far does confidentiality go, if you confess to him your a murderer, would the padre have to keep the secret or can confidentiality only go so far...Just a random thought lol

I'm really not sure haha. I suppose it's a moral dilemma for the priest. If a person confesses, then they have entrusted the priest to remain silent about it. Only they would know about the murder, and the priest has a moral duty to remain silent about it due to the nature of confessions.

However, there will always be that confession playing on the back of the priest's mind, which may lead him to tell the police about it, so one more criminal will be put behind bars. Furthermore, in his Natural Law theory, Aquinas (one of the most influential people on the Catholic Church) lists 5 Primary Precepts which all humans must follow, one of them being "Preservation of Life", so by reporting the confession of the murderer, the priest will be fulfilling Aquinas' basic moral principles (I'm sorry, but this is what a two-year A-level course in Theology does to you).

So all in all, it is unimaginably difficult for a priest if put in that situation. I for one certainly wouldn't know what to do.
Adam
11 Aug 2014, 7:56 pm #12

(11 Aug 2014, 5:58 pm)marxistafozzski Thanks Adam and god bless you my friend...Just out of interest and rather stupid, if you goto your Padre to confess your sins, how far does confidentiality go, if you confess to him your a murderer, would the padre have to keep the secret or can confidentiality only go so far...Just a random thought lol

I'm really not sure haha. I suppose it's a moral dilemma for the priest. If a person confesses, then they have entrusted the priest to remain silent about it. Only they would know about the murder, and the priest has a moral duty to remain silent about it due to the nature of confessions.

However, there will always be that confession playing on the back of the priest's mind, which may lead him to tell the police about it, so one more criminal will be put behind bars. Furthermore, in his Natural Law theory, Aquinas (one of the most influential people on the Catholic Church) lists 5 Primary Precepts which all humans must follow, one of them being "Preservation of Life", so by reporting the confession of the murderer, the priest will be fulfilling Aquinas' basic moral principles (I'm sorry, but this is what a two-year A-level course in Theology does to you).

So all in all, it is unimaginably difficult for a priest if put in that situation. I for one certainly wouldn't know what to do.

mb134

11 Aug 2014, 8:52 pm #13
Good luck with the interview Big Grin
mb134
11 Aug 2014, 8:52 pm #13

Good luck with the interview Big Grin

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

11 Aug 2014, 9:14 pm #14
It is all starting to dawn on me quite the sacrifice I am going to have to make to make this work...initially I will be isolated from home completely while I settle into the programme, have to give up just about everything we take for granted, no phone, no tablet, no computer, I will be expected to pack in smoking, the only bad habit I enjoy, and if I stay the full course, my phone contract will have over-ran by 3 months, apart from sorting my life out, I may be able to squirrel some money away from whatever benefits I may to be entitled, they also apparently have good links with a local college, so might be able to get on a course I fancy, maybe now is the time to take photography and my love of performing arts more seriously as a hobby.

It is nerve wracking thinking about it, and putting my life on hold for a while at 32 is not as bad as it sounds...

So thanks for the support guys, means a lot, we see a lot of bitching, moaning and people with more faces than Big Ben in our mad little community, but being able to share some of my stuff and to get the good response I received shows that our little mad world can unite...

I will get back on here tomorrow night and let you all know what is happening
Edited 11 Aug 2014, 9:15 pm by MrFozz.
MrFozz
11 Aug 2014, 9:14 pm #14

It is all starting to dawn on me quite the sacrifice I am going to have to make to make this work...initially I will be isolated from home completely while I settle into the programme, have to give up just about everything we take for granted, no phone, no tablet, no computer, I will be expected to pack in smoking, the only bad habit I enjoy, and if I stay the full course, my phone contract will have over-ran by 3 months, apart from sorting my life out, I may be able to squirrel some money away from whatever benefits I may to be entitled, they also apparently have good links with a local college, so might be able to get on a course I fancy, maybe now is the time to take photography and my love of performing arts more seriously as a hobby.

It is nerve wracking thinking about it, and putting my life on hold for a while at 32 is not as bad as it sounds...

So thanks for the support guys, means a lot, we see a lot of bitching, moaning and people with more faces than Big Ben in our mad little community, but being able to share some of my stuff and to get the good response I received shows that our little mad world can unite...

I will get back on here tomorrow night and let you all know what is happening

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

12 Aug 2014, 9:03 pm #15
So been for my interview today, think it went well, I was nervous as hell and stumbled over my words, but it is not a job interview and it is a huge decision I have had to come to and a brave thing to do of I say so myself, it has never been my style to be so open in the past...I used to joke that my attitude towards my problems was like East Germany and the barriers I put up was my Berlin Wall, an invisible wall that was not necessarily aimed at stopping people trying to break me down but there to stop things getting out...

I will hear back in the next couple of weeks, I put my fate in the hands of God and it ultimately the decisions will be brought about through hope, faith and prayer

From me and on behalf of my family, thanks for the support, it means a lot to us...will update when I know more
MrFozz
12 Aug 2014, 9:03 pm #15

So been for my interview today, think it went well, I was nervous as hell and stumbled over my words, but it is not a job interview and it is a huge decision I have had to come to and a brave thing to do of I say so myself, it has never been my style to be so open in the past...I used to joke that my attitude towards my problems was like East Germany and the barriers I put up was my Berlin Wall, an invisible wall that was not necessarily aimed at stopping people trying to break me down but there to stop things getting out...

I will hear back in the next couple of weeks, I put my fate in the hands of God and it ultimately the decisions will be brought about through hope, faith and prayer

From me and on behalf of my family, thanks for the support, it means a lot to us...will update when I know more

13 Aug 2014, 8:40 pm #16
Sorry I'm late in replying, Dave. All the best, I hope it goes your way.

Forum Moderator  |  Find us on facebook

[Image: 0a85ed5b4e97324e338555472f222830.png]
northern156
13 Aug 2014, 8:40 pm #16

Sorry I'm late in replying, Dave. All the best, I hope it goes your way.

Forum Moderator  |  Find us on facebook

[Image: 0a85ed5b4e97324e338555472f222830.png]

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

14 Aug 2014, 8:07 am #17
(13 Aug 2014, 8:40 pm)northern156 Sorry I'm late in replying, Dave. All the best, I hope it goes your way.

Thanks Sean
MrFozz
14 Aug 2014, 8:07 am #17

(13 Aug 2014, 8:40 pm)northern156 Sorry I'm late in replying, Dave. All the best, I hope it goes your way.

Thanks Sean

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average