Menu

North East Buses The Canteen General off-topic chat What's annoying you today? V2

What's annoying you today? V2

What's annoying you today? V2

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (135): Previous 1133 134 135
Tom

12 Mar 2015, 4:09 pm #2,681
(12 Mar 2015, 3:30 pm)Tommy_1581 Only if I started it I guess. She shouldn't tell me to "Shut Up" when I'm talking angrily about the stupid Asda crossing making me miss the bus. It was non of her business, if she didn't like it she had the option[Image: arrow-10x10.png] to put up with it or leave the shelter.

The cucumbers would have been split in half if I whacked them of her head.  Big Grin

Well if your swearing in a bus stop, then she has every right to tell you to shut up. 
Tom
12 Mar 2015, 4:09 pm #2,681

(12 Mar 2015, 3:30 pm)Tommy_1581 Only if I started it I guess. She shouldn't tell me to "Shut Up" when I'm talking angrily about the stupid Asda crossing making me miss the bus. It was non of her business, if she didn't like it she had the option[Image: arrow-10x10.png] to put up with it or leave the shelter.

The cucumbers would have been split in half if I whacked them of her head.  Big Grin

Well if your swearing in a bus stop, then she has every right to tell you to shut up. 

Dan

Site Administrator

12 Mar 2015, 4:27 pm #2,682
Following the moderation announcement regarding excessive swearing the other day, is it really appropriate for the excessive swearing to continue on this thread? Marked with asterisks or not, it's really not needed, and could deter new users from contributing to the forum if they are offended by the use of profanity. I'm not asking on behalf of myself as it doesn't offend me in the slightest, but it has been actively discussed by the moderation team for the past few weeks, and we all think that the use of the odd word isn't too bad but the continued use is cause for concern.

On a similar level; I'm not religious, but anyone who is may be offended if users of this forum excessively used the Lord's name in vain. Let's just have a little bit of respect.
Dan
12 Mar 2015, 4:27 pm #2,682

Following the moderation announcement regarding excessive swearing the other day, is it really appropriate for the excessive swearing to continue on this thread? Marked with asterisks or not, it's really not needed, and could deter new users from contributing to the forum if they are offended by the use of profanity. I'm not asking on behalf of myself as it doesn't offend me in the slightest, but it has been actively discussed by the moderation team for the past few weeks, and we all think that the use of the odd word isn't too bad but the continued use is cause for concern.

On a similar level; I'm not religious, but anyone who is may be offended if users of this forum excessively used the Lord's name in vain. Let's just have a little bit of respect.

S813 FVK

12 Mar 2015, 4:28 pm #2,683
(12 Mar 2015, 4:05 pm)leestransportphotos Seriously it is an offence
Not a massive one compared to others though. You often get given a couple of warnings if its just words like 'fuck' etc before being arrested but if you ignore these the chances of being arrested are high:

Attached Files
.pdf
SN05760.pdf
Size: 200.26 KB / Downloads: 531
S813 FVK
12 Mar 2015, 4:28 pm #2,683

(12 Mar 2015, 4:05 pm)leestransportphotos Seriously it is an offence
Not a massive one compared to others though. You often get given a couple of warnings if its just words like 'fuck' etc before being arrested but if you ignore these the chances of being arrested are high:

Attached Files
.pdf
SN05760.pdf
Size: 200.26 KB / Downloads: 531

Adrian

12 Mar 2015, 5:25 pm #2,684
To be honest, if I seen you or anyone else going on like that in public, I'd be telling you to have a bit of respect for others. 

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
12 Mar 2015, 5:25 pm #2,684

To be honest, if I seen you or anyone else going on like that in public, I'd be telling you to have a bit of respect for others. 

MurdnunoC

12 Mar 2015, 5:29 pm #2,685
(12 Mar 2015, 3:30 pm)Tommy_1581 Only if I started it I guess. She shouldn't tell me to "Shut Up" when I'm talking angrily about the stupid Asda crossing making me miss the bus. It was non of her business, if she didn't like it she had the option to put up with it or leave the shelter.

While I understand and sympathise with both your condition and the circumstances which made you react in this particular way, I think you need to understand why your behaviour was, quite frankly, unacceptable in this instance. 

Try to put yourself in the shoes of the lady who told you "shut up". If some random teenager suddenly started shouting and screaming because they'd missed their bus, would you not be inclined to tell the teenager to shut-up? It's ok to be annoyed with the bus driver and mutter expletives under your breath - I think most of us would react in the same way, but to verbally abuse members of the public for challenging your, in my view, offensive behaviour is simply uncalled for. 

I presume you have some sort of social or respite worker. Maybe you should show them the post you made regarding the incident and discuss why the way you reacted was wrong and how you can manage your anger more appropriately.

This post is not me 'having a go at you' or anything like that, I'm actually trying to help because if you continue to act in that manner you will end up in trouble - either with the law or with someone else who'll quite simply thump you for being insulting towards their mother, grandmother, daughter, sister.....etc.
MurdnunoC
12 Mar 2015, 5:29 pm #2,685

(12 Mar 2015, 3:30 pm)Tommy_1581 Only if I started it I guess. She shouldn't tell me to "Shut Up" when I'm talking angrily about the stupid Asda crossing making me miss the bus. It was non of her business, if she didn't like it she had the option to put up with it or leave the shelter.

While I understand and sympathise with both your condition and the circumstances which made you react in this particular way, I think you need to understand why your behaviour was, quite frankly, unacceptable in this instance. 

Try to put yourself in the shoes of the lady who told you "shut up". If some random teenager suddenly started shouting and screaming because they'd missed their bus, would you not be inclined to tell the teenager to shut-up? It's ok to be annoyed with the bus driver and mutter expletives under your breath - I think most of us would react in the same way, but to verbally abuse members of the public for challenging your, in my view, offensive behaviour is simply uncalled for. 

I presume you have some sort of social or respite worker. Maybe you should show them the post you made regarding the incident and discuss why the way you reacted was wrong and how you can manage your anger more appropriately.

This post is not me 'having a go at you' or anything like that, I'm actually trying to help because if you continue to act in that manner you will end up in trouble - either with the law or with someone else who'll quite simply thump you for being insulting towards their mother, grandmother, daughter, sister.....etc.

12 Mar 2015, 5:31 pm #2,686
(12 Mar 2015, 4:27 pm)Dan Following the moderation announcement regarding excessive swearing the other day, is it really appropriate for the excessive swearing to continue on this thread? Marked with asterisks or not, it's really not needed, and could deter new users from contributing to the forum if they are offended by the use of profanity. I'm not asking on behalf of myself as it doesn't offend me in the slightest, but it has been actively discussed by the moderation team for the past few weeks, and we all think that the use of the odd word isn't too bad but the continued use is cause for concern.

I agree with this point. I know that Adam (Eighton Banks Adam, we have too many! Tongue) is religious and attends church, etc, and although I know he is always up for a bit of banter, I can't imagine he likes seeing posts with twenty five swear words and half a dozen Jesuses in, no matter how outgoing he is. Wink
R852 PRG
12 Mar 2015, 5:31 pm #2,686

(12 Mar 2015, 4:27 pm)Dan Following the moderation announcement regarding excessive swearing the other day, is it really appropriate for the excessive swearing to continue on this thread? Marked with asterisks or not, it's really not needed, and could deter new users from contributing to the forum if they are offended by the use of profanity. I'm not asking on behalf of myself as it doesn't offend me in the slightest, but it has been actively discussed by the moderation team for the past few weeks, and we all think that the use of the odd word isn't too bad but the continued use is cause for concern.

I agree with this point. I know that Adam (Eighton Banks Adam, we have too many! Tongue) is religious and attends church, etc, and although I know he is always up for a bit of banter, I can't imagine he likes seeing posts with twenty five swear words and half a dozen Jesuses in, no matter how outgoing he is. Wink

Adrian

12 Mar 2015, 6:55 pm #2,687
Moderation note: Yet again, moderation having to come into play. We seem to have had to do more of it in the last two months, than we have the past two years. It's getting beyond a joke. 

I've had to remove 30 unnecessary posts. That in itself is a disgrace.

It ends now. 

Adrian
12 Mar 2015, 6:55 pm #2,687

Moderation note: Yet again, moderation having to come into play. We seem to have had to do more of it in the last two months, than we have the past two years. It's getting beyond a joke. 

I've had to remove 30 unnecessary posts. That in itself is a disgrace.

It ends now. 

Pages (135): Previous 1133 134 135

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average