Menu

North East Buses The Canteen General off-topic chat What's annoying you today? V2

What's annoying you today? V2

What's annoying you today? V2

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (135) Previous 1 2 3 4135 Next
20 Aug 2014, 4:48 pm #41
(20 Aug 2014, 4:47 pm)Andreos Constantopolous Is that owt to do with the church?

I don't think so - the actual title of the stopping point is 'Deanery Sch', which I would assume is short for 'School'?
R852 PRG
20 Aug 2014, 4:48 pm #41

(20 Aug 2014, 4:47 pm)Andreos Constantopolous Is that owt to do with the church?

I don't think so - the actual title of the stopping point is 'Deanery Sch', which I would assume is short for 'School'?

Andreos1

20 Aug 2014, 4:50 pm #42
(20 Aug 2014, 4:48 pm)Marcus I don't think so - the actual title of the stopping point is 'Deanery Sch', which I would assume is short for 'School'?

Presuming wikipedia is correct:
Chester-le-Street Secondary School opened in September 1911. The school changed names to Chester-le-Street Grammar School in 1944, the Deanery in 1969, Park View Comprehensive in 1976, then finally Park View Community School in 1982.[2] In July 2011, it became an academy shortening its name to Park View School.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
20 Aug 2014, 4:50 pm #42

(20 Aug 2014, 4:48 pm)Marcus I don't think so - the actual title of the stopping point is 'Deanery Sch', which I would assume is short for 'School'?

Presuming wikipedia is correct:
Chester-le-Street Secondary School opened in September 1911. The school changed names to Chester-le-Street Grammar School in 1944, the Deanery in 1969, Park View Comprehensive in 1976, then finally Park View Community School in 1982.[2] In July 2011, it became an academy shortening its name to Park View School.

20 Aug 2014, 4:55 pm #43
(20 Aug 2014, 4:50 pm)Andreos Constantopolous Presuming wikipedia is correct:

Thought it was something like that. Tongue

My dad started when Park View took over the North Lodge site from Birtley South Modern (who later became Lord Lawson) in 1976, so it would have been Park View Comprehensive when he went.
R852 PRG
20 Aug 2014, 4:55 pm #43

(20 Aug 2014, 4:50 pm)Andreos Constantopolous Presuming wikipedia is correct:

Thought it was something like that. Tongue

My dad started when Park View took over the North Lodge site from Birtley South Modern (who later became Lord Lawson) in 1976, so it would have been Park View Comprehensive when he went.

Andreos1

20 Aug 2014, 5:01 pm #44
(20 Aug 2014, 4:55 pm)Marcus Thought it was something like that. Tongue

Up there with Cooks Hall! 40 years since the site had the name...
The Curly Wurly Bridge has been up years on Fallowfield Way and that hasn't had a stop named after it.
Maybe it needs knocking down!

Aye, Lord Lawson replaced/combined Birtley South and Birtley East as secondary schools when the county borders changed - if I remember right.

Birtley South took on the Co Durham pupils (changing its name), with those living in Tyne & Wear going to Lord Lawson - although there was the odd exception.
A lot from Barley Mow went to Park View still, rather than Lord Lawson.

Andreos1
20 Aug 2014, 5:01 pm #44

(20 Aug 2014, 4:55 pm)Marcus Thought it was something like that. Tongue

Up there with Cooks Hall! 40 years since the site had the name...
The Curly Wurly Bridge has been up years on Fallowfield Way and that hasn't had a stop named after it.
Maybe it needs knocking down!

Aye, Lord Lawson replaced/combined Birtley South and Birtley East as secondary schools when the county borders changed - if I remember right.

Birtley South took on the Co Durham pupils (changing its name), with those living in Tyne & Wear going to Lord Lawson - although there was the odd exception.
A lot from Barley Mow went to Park View still, rather than Lord Lawson.

Dan

Site Administrator

20 Aug 2014, 5:53 pm #45
Don't think I've had my daily annoyance on here yet, but today, mine has been the suspense between today and tomorrow (Results Day).

Not keen on the grade boundaries:
http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/over/stat_pd...E-2014.PDF

My excuse if I don't get the results I was hoping for...
[Image: 10598749_332366790261610_1801705054_n.jpg]

Tongue Tongue
Dan
20 Aug 2014, 5:53 pm #45

Don't think I've had my daily annoyance on here yet, but today, mine has been the suspense between today and tomorrow (Results Day).

Tongue Tongue

mb134

20 Aug 2014, 5:56 pm #46
(20 Aug 2014, 5:53 pm)Dan Don't think I've had my daily annoyance on here yet, but today, mine has been the suspense between today and tomorrow (Results Day).

Tongue Tongue
Looking at the physics, already know I'm screwed...
Edited 20 Aug 2014, 5:57 pm by mb134.
mb134
20 Aug 2014, 5:56 pm #46

(20 Aug 2014, 5:53 pm)Dan Don't think I've had my daily annoyance on here yet, but today, mine has been the suspense between today and tomorrow (Results Day).

Tongue Tongue
Looking at the physics, already know I'm screwed...

Andreos1

20 Aug 2014, 5:58 pm #47
Just looking at the GNE fb page. Is the normal GNE bod on holiday?
Has anyone else noticed any difference in tone etc.?

Andreos1
20 Aug 2014, 5:58 pm #47

Just looking at the GNE fb page. Is the normal GNE bod on holiday?

Andy

20 Aug 2014, 5:59 pm #48
Was waiting for the 939 but when I put my hand out he went straight past me unsurprisingly it was a classic coaches run
Andy
20 Aug 2014, 5:59 pm #48

Was waiting for the 939 but when I put my hand out he went straight past me unsurprisingly it was a classic coaches run

Tom

20 Aug 2014, 6:00 pm #49
(20 Aug 2014, 5:58 pm)Andreos Constantopolous Just looking at the GNE fb page. Is the normal GNE bod on holiday?

Yes, he/she seems nicer! I made a comment on about the driver of a 41 yesterday, and he/she seemed more helpful than usual.
Tom
20 Aug 2014, 6:00 pm #49

(20 Aug 2014, 5:58 pm)Andreos Constantopolous Just looking at the GNE fb page. Is the normal GNE bod on holiday?

Yes, he/she seems nicer! I made a comment on about the driver of a 41 yesterday, and he/she seemed more helpful than usual.

Dan

Site Administrator

20 Aug 2014, 6:01 pm #50
(20 Aug 2014, 5:59 pm)Andy Was waiting for the 939 but when I put my hand out he went straight past me unsurprisingly it was a classic coaches run

Hadn't realised Classic had an input on the 939... Thought it was GNE and Stanley Travel?
Dan
20 Aug 2014, 6:01 pm #50

(20 Aug 2014, 5:59 pm)Andy Was waiting for the 939 but when I put my hand out he went straight past me unsurprisingly it was a classic coaches run

Hadn't realised Classic had an input on the 939... Thought it was GNE and Stanley Travel?

Tom

20 Aug 2014, 6:05 pm #51
(20 Aug 2014, 6:01 pm)Dan Hadn't realised Classic had an input on the 939... Thought it was GNE and Stanley Travel?

No, Gateshead Central Taxis, Go North East, Stanley Taxis and Classic operate it.
Tom
20 Aug 2014, 6:05 pm #51

(20 Aug 2014, 6:01 pm)Dan Hadn't realised Classic had an input on the 939... Thought it was GNE and Stanley Travel?

No, Gateshead Central Taxis, Go North East, Stanley Taxis and Classic operate it.

Dan

Site Administrator

20 Aug 2014, 6:08 pm #52
(20 Aug 2014, 6:05 pm)Tom No, Gateshead Central Taxis, Go North East, Stanley Taxis and Classic operate it.

I was excluding GCT for obvious reasons... Empty taxis at the crack o' dawn don't count as bus services. Rolleyes

Which one is the Classic run? Definitely an evening one I think..?
Dan
20 Aug 2014, 6:08 pm #52

(20 Aug 2014, 6:05 pm)Tom No, Gateshead Central Taxis, Go North East, Stanley Taxis and Classic operate it.

I was excluding GCT for obvious reasons... Empty taxis at the crack o' dawn don't count as bus services. Rolleyes

Andreos1

20 Aug 2014, 6:35 pm #53
(20 Aug 2014, 6:00 pm)Tom Yes, he/she seems nicer! I made a comment on about the driver of a 41 yesterday, and he/she seemed more helpful than usual.

Noticed that.
You even got a smiley face!

edit: Not sure why the comments on the GNE fb page have ended up in here - positive the initial comment was in 'anything and everything'.

Not sure why the GNE bod would annoy me...
Edited 20 Aug 2014, 7:57 pm by Andreos1.

Andreos1
20 Aug 2014, 6:35 pm #53

(20 Aug 2014, 6:00 pm)Tom Yes, he/she seems nicer! I made a comment on about the driver of a 41 yesterday, and he/she seemed more helpful than usual.

Noticed that.
You even got a smiley face!

edit: Not sure why the comments on the GNE fb page have ended up in here - positive the initial comment was in 'anything and everything'.

Not sure why the GNE bod would annoy me...

Andy

20 Aug 2014, 8:03 pm #54
(20 Aug 2014, 6:08 pm)Dan I was excluding GCT for obvious reasons... Empty taxis at the crack o' dawn don't count as bus services. Rolleyes

Classic run the 17:59 from the Galleries
Andy
20 Aug 2014, 8:03 pm #54

(20 Aug 2014, 6:08 pm)Dan I was excluding GCT for obvious reasons... Empty taxis at the crack o' dawn don't count as bus services. Rolleyes

Classic run the 17:59 from the Galleries

Adam

20 Aug 2014, 10:01 pm #55

Tongue Tongue

Good luck Dan and everyone else picking up their GCSE results tomorrow. I'm sure you've all done terrifically well!
Adam
20 Aug 2014, 10:01 pm #55

Tongue Tongue

Good luck Dan and everyone else picking up their GCSE results tomorrow. I'm sure you've all done terrifically well!

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

20 Aug 2014, 10:18 pm #56
(20 Aug 2014, 11:46 am)Tom Yesterday I was taking photos in Wallsend, and someone from my school saw me (I think), so now I'm really not looking forward going back to school. Angry

I remember when I first started taken photos in 2009, I was in Park Lane one night with my mother when the Drifter Versas first appeared, she had never seen one before and she all of a sudden piped up and said 'David, that's a new bus, do you want to take a photo of it' at which point I could feel everybodies eyes looking at me, I wanted the ground to swallow me up as everybody looked to see if I was gonna whip my phone out...I didn't I just went off in a huff with my mam...

To the lads who are worried about what your mates will say if they catch you taking photos, it is your hobby, and can you really call it a hobby if your worried about what people say, in my opinion, your not enjoying it if your worried about having the piss taken out of you...I bet most of the older enthusiasts will have heard just about there is to hear, and I can say, my friends have never ripped the piss of of me, not in a way that would humiliate me or make me feel down about what I do...A real friend would not do that and anyone who takes the piss in away that belittles you is not really a friend, so take no notice of those people and enjoy what you do
MrFozz
20 Aug 2014, 10:18 pm #56

(20 Aug 2014, 11:46 am)Tom Yesterday I was taking photos in Wallsend, and someone from my school saw me (I think), so now I'm really not looking forward going back to school. Angry

I remember when I first started taken photos in 2009, I was in Park Lane one night with my mother when the Drifter Versas first appeared, she had never seen one before and she all of a sudden piped up and said 'David, that's a new bus, do you want to take a photo of it' at which point I could feel everybodies eyes looking at me, I wanted the ground to swallow me up as everybody looked to see if I was gonna whip my phone out...I didn't I just went off in a huff with my mam...

To the lads who are worried about what your mates will say if they catch you taking photos, it is your hobby, and can you really call it a hobby if your worried about what people say, in my opinion, your not enjoying it if your worried about having the piss taken out of you...I bet most of the older enthusiasts will have heard just about there is to hear, and I can say, my friends have never ripped the piss of of me, not in a way that would humiliate me or make me feel down about what I do...A real friend would not do that and anyone who takes the piss in away that belittles you is not really a friend, so take no notice of those people and enjoy what you do

Tom

20 Aug 2014, 10:20 pm #57
(20 Aug 2014, 10:18 pm)marxistafozzski I remember when I first started taken photos in 2009, I was in Park Lane one night with my mother when the Drifter Versas first appeared, she had never seen one before and she all of a sudden piped up and said 'David, that's a new bus, do you want to take a photo of it' at which point I could feel everybodies eyes looking at me, I wanted the ground to swallow me up as everybody looked to see if I was gonna whip my phone out...I didn't I just went off in a huff with my mam...

Cheers David Smile
Tom
20 Aug 2014, 10:20 pm #57

(20 Aug 2014, 10:18 pm)marxistafozzski I remember when I first started taken photos in 2009, I was in Park Lane one night with my mother when the Drifter Versas first appeared, she had never seen one before and she all of a sudden piped up and said 'David, that's a new bus, do you want to take a photo of it' at which point I could feel everybodies eyes looking at me, I wanted the ground to swallow me up as everybody looked to see if I was gonna whip my phone out...I didn't I just went off in a huff with my mam...

Cheers David Smile

Dan

Site Administrator

21 Aug 2014, 9:02 am #58
(20 Aug 2014, 10:01 pm)Adam Good luck Dan and everyone else picking up their GCSE results tomorrow. I'm sure you've all done terrifically well!
Thanks - somewhat disappointed with a couple of mine. Ecstatic I passed French.

Bs were the best results for Media in my school, and there's a lot of us who were predicted A*s and As. They're looking into my results already because it was so unusual...

They were all pretty much predicted A*s for Art and a couple of the girls were tearing up when they got Ds (nobody got higher than a D in my school). Means they can't take them next year at Sixth Form as they either needed a B or C.

Bio - B (Expected A)
Business - A (Expected A*)
Chem - B (Expected A/B)
English Lang - A (Expected A*)
English Lit - A* (Expected A*)
French - C (Expected B/C)
ICT - A* (Expected A*)
Maths - B (Expected A)
Media Single - B (Expected A*)
Media Dual - B (Expected A*)
Physics - A (Expected B)

Got full marks in the ICT exam which is unbelievable.
Dan
21 Aug 2014, 9:02 am #58

(20 Aug 2014, 10:01 pm)Adam Good luck Dan and everyone else picking up their GCSE results tomorrow. I'm sure you've all done terrifically well!
Thanks - somewhat disappointed with a couple of mine. Ecstatic I passed French.

Bs were the best results for Media in my school, and there's a lot of us who were predicted A*s and As. They're looking into my results already because it was so unusual...

They were all pretty much predicted A*s for Art and a couple of the girls were tearing up when they got Ds (nobody got higher than a D in my school). Means they can't take them next year at Sixth Form as they either needed a B or C.

Bio - B (Expected A)
Business - A (Expected A*)
Chem - B (Expected A/B)
English Lang - A (Expected A*)
English Lit - A* (Expected A*)
French - C (Expected B/C)
ICT - A* (Expected A*)
Maths - B (Expected A)
Media Single - B (Expected A*)
Media Dual - B (Expected A*)
Physics - A (Expected B)

Got full marks in the ICT exam which is unbelievable.

Adam

21 Aug 2014, 10:40 am #59
Still an absolutely cracking set of results. Very well done Smile
Adam
21 Aug 2014, 10:40 am #59

Still an absolutely cracking set of results. Very well done Smile

Dan

Site Administrator

21 Aug 2014, 10:42 am #60
(21 Aug 2014, 10:40 am)Adam Still an absolutely cracking set of results. Very well done Smile

Thank you! Big Grin

The Art and Media results are all going back again, from what I've been told... Hopefully that means my Media will at least be bumped up to an A, and the girls will be able to get to do Art at Sixth Form after all...
Dan
21 Aug 2014, 10:42 am #60

(21 Aug 2014, 10:40 am)Adam Still an absolutely cracking set of results. Very well done Smile

Thank you! Big Grin

The Art and Media results are all going back again, from what I've been told... Hopefully that means my Media will at least be bumped up to an A, and the girls will be able to get to do Art at Sixth Form after all...

Pages (135) Previous 1 2 3 4135 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average