Menu

North East Buses The Canteen General off-topic chat What's annoying you today? V2

What's annoying you today? V2

What's annoying you today? V2

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (135) Previous 126 27 28135 Next
10 Oct 2014, 6:04 pm #521
(10 Oct 2014, 6:01 pm)AdamY You'd think there would be a more humane method of extracting teeth by now.

If you consult what the NHS has to say about Dentistry, it states that having teeth extracted needn't be the painful experience it was in the past. It also states that nervous patients (like me) can elaborate further about their anxieties which will be factored into treatment.

Shame dentists don't really seem to take this on-board.

I hate going to the dentists - purely for that reason. They have no sympathies. I remember when I was 7 or 8 I went and we had a new dentist. My sister was only about 4 at the time, and was really upset about getting a tooth taken out. I was trying to comfort her and tell her that I had had them taken out before and it wasn't painful at all - and suddenly the dentist flipped and said 'look, I'm the dentist, I know what I'm talking about, and I WANT TO TALK!!'

Jesus Christ......we never saw him again. Wink
R852 PRG
10 Oct 2014, 6:04 pm #521

(10 Oct 2014, 6:01 pm)AdamY You'd think there would be a more humane method of extracting teeth by now.

If you consult what the NHS has to say about Dentistry, it states that having teeth extracted needn't be the painful experience it was in the past. It also states that nervous patients (like me) can elaborate further about their anxieties which will be factored into treatment.

I hate going to the dentists - purely for that reason. They have no sympathies. I remember when I was 7 or 8 I went and we had a new dentist. My sister was only about 4 at the time, and was really upset about getting a tooth taken out. I was trying to comfort her and tell her that I had had them taken out before and it wasn't painful at all - and suddenly the dentist flipped and said 'look, I'm the dentist, I know what I'm talking about, and I WANT TO TALK!!'

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

10 Oct 2014, 6:09 pm #522

And the dentist always gives me grief about how often I go for a checkup, before this week, I had not been for over 2 years...I told him I was nervous as I was visibly shaking like a shitting dog...

Quite a few people was wondering if I was in the process of having a stroke, the local anaesthetic made the left side of my face numb and dropping down as well Sad

(10 Oct 2014, 6:04 pm)Marcus I hate going to the dentists - purely for that reason. They have no sympathies. I remember when I was 7 or 8 I went and we had a new dentist. My sister was only about 4 at the time, and was really upset about getting a tooth taken out. I was trying to comfort her and tell her that I had had them taken out before and it wasn't painful at all - and suddenly the dentist flipped and said 'look, I'm the dentist, I know what I'm talking about, and I WANT TO TALK!!'

Neither has anyone else seen ol' Jesus
MrFozz
10 Oct 2014, 6:09 pm #522

And the dentist always gives me grief about how often I go for a checkup, before this week, I had not been for over 2 years...I told him I was nervous as I was visibly shaking like a shitting dog...

Quite a few people was wondering if I was in the process of having a stroke, the local anaesthetic made the left side of my face numb and dropping down as well Sad

(10 Oct 2014, 6:04 pm)Marcus I hate going to the dentists - purely for that reason. They have no sympathies. I remember when I was 7 or 8 I went and we had a new dentist. My sister was only about 4 at the time, and was really upset about getting a tooth taken out. I was trying to comfort her and tell her that I had had them taken out before and it wasn't painful at all - and suddenly the dentist flipped and said 'look, I'm the dentist, I know what I'm talking about, and I WANT TO TALK!!'

Neither has anyone else seen ol' Jesus

Dan

Site Administrator

10 Oct 2014, 6:10 pm #523
Splitting headache tonight. Not good at all!
Dan
10 Oct 2014, 6:10 pm #523

Splitting headache tonight. Not good at all!

Adam

10 Oct 2014, 7:35 pm #524
Everything seems to have gone wrong today for me. Here's more or less what's happened so far:

- Partially slept in but still made it to uni on time. 
- I charged my phone, but after a whole hour realised the wire wasn't even connected to the phone so I was just hopelessly wasting electricity.
- For both seminars at uni, I did the work slightly wrong, so will have to edit them.
- My group had a meeting organised for our project for Nissan. It was cancelled.
- Texted my friends to see if any of them were free. One was, so I met up with him only for him to realise he was looking at Thursday's timetable and indeed was supposed to be in a lecture at the time, so he had to dash off.
- Put an each-way bet on a horse that was running today as it was the favourite. It didn't come anywhere.
- And my internet's being very temperamental.

Can't wait for today to be over with. Only another 3 hours and 25 minutes left.

EDIT: My laptop's just decided to turn itself off.
Edited 10 Oct 2014, 7:48 pm by Adam.
Adam
10 Oct 2014, 7:35 pm #524

Everything seems to have gone wrong today for me. Here's more or less what's happened so far:

- Partially slept in but still made it to uni on time. 
- I charged my phone, but after a whole hour realised the wire wasn't even connected to the phone so I was just hopelessly wasting electricity.
- For both seminars at uni, I did the work slightly wrong, so will have to edit them.
- My group had a meeting organised for our project for Nissan. It was cancelled.
- Texted my friends to see if any of them were free. One was, so I met up with him only for him to realise he was looking at Thursday's timetable and indeed was supposed to be in a lecture at the time, so he had to dash off.
- Put an each-way bet on a horse that was running today as it was the favourite. It didn't come anywhere.
- And my internet's being very temperamental.

Can't wait for today to be over with. Only another 3 hours and 25 minutes left.

EDIT: My laptop's just decided to turn itself off.

Jimmi

10 Oct 2014, 10:55 pm #525
I hate fireworks.

Someone prick is setting off fireworks right now at 2350.

This winds me up every year, you'll have a month or so of sitting in your house and BANG! without warning, it especially winds me up as there is always some prick who sets them off at 01:50 in the morning or 16:30 like someone did the other day.
Jimmi
10 Oct 2014, 10:55 pm #525

I hate fireworks.

Someone prick is setting off fireworks right now at 2350.

This winds me up every year, you'll have a month or so of sitting in your house and BANG! without warning, it especially winds me up as there is always some prick who sets them off at 01:50 in the morning or 16:30 like someone did the other day.

Michael

11 Oct 2014, 7:44 am #526
Bob the builder has turned CGI... once again they go for the cheapest and quickest way around it... looks terrible.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...eries.html

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
11 Oct 2014, 7:44 am #526

Bob the builder has turned CGI... once again they go for the cheapest and quickest way around it... looks terrible.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

11 Oct 2014, 7:51 am #527
(11 Oct 2014, 7:44 am)Michael Bob the builder has turned CGI... once again they go for the cheapest and quickest way around it... looks terrible.

Looks horrible mate
MrFozz
11 Oct 2014, 7:51 am #527

(11 Oct 2014, 7:44 am)Michael Bob the builder has turned CGI... once again they go for the cheapest and quickest way around it... looks terrible.

Looks horrible mate

Michael

11 Oct 2014, 7:53 am #528
(11 Oct 2014, 7:51 am)marxistafozzski Looks horrible mate

Gone the same way as Pingu, Fireman Sam and  Postman Pat... and it's new voice actors for Bob etc

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
11 Oct 2014, 7:53 am #528

(11 Oct 2014, 7:51 am)marxistafozzski Looks horrible mate

Gone the same way as Pingu, Fireman Sam and  Postman Pat... and it's new voice actors for Bob etc

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

11 Oct 2014, 7:53 am #529
Anyone a Dads Army fan

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...ition.html

I love it and not to sure about the upcoming remake, though Bill Nighy as Sgt. Wilson is good casting...

In the words of the great John Laurie...It's doomed
MrFozz
11 Oct 2014, 7:53 am #529

Anyone a Dads Army fan

I love it and not to sure about the upcoming remake, though Bill Nighy as Sgt. Wilson is good casting...

Michael

11 Oct 2014, 7:55 am #530
(11 Oct 2014, 7:53 am)marxistafozzski Anyone a Dads Army fan

I'm 50/50 on the movie

Blake Harrison is in it to

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
11 Oct 2014, 7:55 am #530

(11 Oct 2014, 7:53 am)marxistafozzski Anyone a Dads Army fan

I'm 50/50 on the movie

Blake Harrison is in it to

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

11 Oct 2014, 8:01 am #531
Yep as Pvt. Pike

I would have had Jim Broadbent as Mainwaring and David Jason as Jones...

I dont really understand the casting of Catherine Zeta Jones though...

It will never be able to get anywhere close to the original, I will be reserve judgment till I have seen the finished article, but have no high hopes for it...

They dont like it up 'em just wont sound right coming out of anyone but Clive Dunns mouth lol
MrFozz
11 Oct 2014, 8:01 am #531

Yep as Pvt. Pike

It will never be able to get anywhere close to the original, I will be reserve judgment till I have seen the finished article, but have no high hopes for it...

They dont like it up 'em just wont sound right coming out of anyone but Clive Dunns mouth lol

Michael

11 Oct 2014, 8:04 am #532
(11 Oct 2014, 8:01 am)marxistafozzski Yep as Pvt. Pike

It won't be the same, which is why i'm 50/50 on it, but like you said i'll wait and see, it might be good

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
11 Oct 2014, 8:04 am #532

It won't be the same, which is why i'm 50/50 on it, but like you said i'll wait and see, it might be good

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

S813 FVK

11 Oct 2014, 8:11 am #533

Thats not the Bob we all know! Could have made it look a bit like it does currently (face wise). 
S813 FVK
11 Oct 2014, 8:11 am #533

Thats not the Bob we all know! Could have made it look a bit like it does currently (face wise). 

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

11 Oct 2014, 8:16 am #534
(11 Oct 2014, 8:04 am)Michael It won't be the same, which is why i'm 50/50 on it, but like you said i'll wait and see, it might be good
I am of the opinion that classics should not be remade or rebooted years later...

I would love to see Ian Lavender have a cameo in the upcoming movie, I think he is the only original left now...Stupid Boy
MrFozz
11 Oct 2014, 8:16 am #534

(11 Oct 2014, 8:04 am)Michael It won't be the same, which is why i'm 50/50 on it, but like you said i'll wait and see, it might be good
I am of the opinion that classics should not be remade or rebooted years later...

I would love to see Ian Lavender have a cameo in the upcoming movie, I think he is the only original left now...Stupid Boy

11 Oct 2014, 8:53 am #535
(11 Oct 2014, 7:53 am)Michael Gone the same way as Pingu, Fireman Sam and Postman Pat... and it's new voice actors for Bob etc

And Thomas.....my childhood went off the rails at that point.
R852 PRG
11 Oct 2014, 8:53 am #535

(11 Oct 2014, 7:53 am)Michael Gone the same way as Pingu, Fireman Sam and Postman Pat... and it's new voice actors for Bob etc

And Thomas.....my childhood went off the rails at that point.

Michael

11 Oct 2014, 8:56 am #536
(11 Oct 2014, 8:53 am)Marcus And Thomas.....my childhood went off the rails at that point.

How did i forget about Thomas =0

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
11 Oct 2014, 8:56 am #536

(11 Oct 2014, 8:53 am)Marcus And Thomas.....my childhood went off the rails at that point.

How did i forget about Thomas =0

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

11 Oct 2014, 8:56 am #537

Gonna be like what happened with the A-Team....
R852 PRG
11 Oct 2014, 8:56 am #537

Gonna be like what happened with the A-Team....

11 Oct 2014, 8:58 am #538
(11 Oct 2014, 8:56 am)Michael How did i forget about Thomas =0

I suppose they introduced more shows for children, and Thomas lost his central place and got downsized a couple of ranks. I remember when I was a little one I would go into Toys R Us or somewhere and there would be entire aisle devoted to Thomas - yet if I went into Smyth's today I would only see about a quarter of an aisle of Thomas stuff.
R852 PRG
11 Oct 2014, 8:58 am #538

(11 Oct 2014, 8:56 am)Michael How did i forget about Thomas =0

I suppose they introduced more shows for children, and Thomas lost his central place and got downsized a couple of ranks. I remember when I was a little one I would go into Toys R Us or somewhere and there would be entire aisle devoted to Thomas - yet if I went into Smyth's today I would only see about a quarter of an aisle of Thomas stuff.

Michael

11 Oct 2014, 9:00 am #539
(11 Oct 2014, 8:58 am)Marcus I suppose they introduced more shows for children, and Thomas lost his central place and got downsized a couple of ranks. I remember when I was a little one I would go into Toys R Us or somewhere and there would be entire aisle devoted to Thomas - yet if I went into Smyth's today I would only see about a quarter of an aisle of Thomas stuff.

Ye =(, shame because it was good! 

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
11 Oct 2014, 9:00 am #539

(11 Oct 2014, 8:58 am)Marcus I suppose they introduced more shows for children, and Thomas lost his central place and got downsized a couple of ranks. I remember when I was a little one I would go into Toys R Us or somewhere and there would be entire aisle devoted to Thomas - yet if I went into Smyth's today I would only see about a quarter of an aisle of Thomas stuff.

Ye =(, shame because it was good! 

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

11 Oct 2014, 9:07 am #540
(11 Oct 2014, 8:56 am)Marcus Gonna be like what happened with the A-Team....
If that is the case, it wont be too bad, the A-Team was not the worst remake ever, though not as good as the original
MrFozz
11 Oct 2014, 9:07 am #540

(11 Oct 2014, 8:56 am)Marcus Gonna be like what happened with the A-Team....
If that is the case, it wont be too bad, the A-Team was not the worst remake ever, though not as good as the original

Pages (135) Previous 126 27 28135 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average