Menu

North East Buses The Canteen General off-topic chat What's annoying you today? V2

What's annoying you today? V2

What's annoying you today? V2

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (135) Previous 127 28 29135 Next
Andreos1

11 Oct 2014, 10:39 am #541
I was a big fan of Thomas back in the day.

It had a few points of decline, the CGI as mentioned and when the endless introduction of new characters first started.
I struggled at the concept of the first tv series looking different to the illustrated books, Ringo Starr no longer narrating, Harold, Terence, Toby, Trevor and Bertie being introduced - but there are a million and one characters in it now and the theme tune has changed!
Edited 11 Oct 2014, 10:40 am by Andreos1.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
11 Oct 2014, 10:39 am #541

I was a big fan of Thomas back in the day.

It had a few points of decline, the CGI as mentioned and when the endless introduction of new characters first started.
I struggled at the concept of the first tv series looking different to the illustrated books, Ringo Starr no longer narrating, Harold, Terence, Toby, Trevor and Bertie being introduced - but there are a million and one characters in it now and the theme tune has changed!

'Illegitimis non carborundum'

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

11 Oct 2014, 11:35 am #542
(11 Oct 2014, 10:39 am)Andreos1 I was a big fan of Thomas back in the day.

I loved Thomas as a kid...

When I was in Nursery we were allowed to take a book home on a weekend, I used to take the same Thomas book every week, one Friday someone got it before me and I screamed the place down as I very upset about it lol...

I still even get stroppy today if I dont get my own way
MrFozz
11 Oct 2014, 11:35 am #542

(11 Oct 2014, 10:39 am)Andreos1 I was a big fan of Thomas back in the day.

I loved Thomas as a kid...

When I was in Nursery we were allowed to take a book home on a weekend, I used to take the same Thomas book every week, one Friday someone got it before me and I screamed the place down as I very upset about it lol...

I still even get stroppy today if I dont get my own way

Jimmi

11 Oct 2014, 6:06 pm #543
Had no WiFi at home for most of the day today and has failed pretty much everyday this week, it is getting on my nerves Angry
Jimmi
11 Oct 2014, 6:06 pm #543

Had no WiFi at home for most of the day today and has failed pretty much everyday this week, it is getting on my nerves Angry

Adam

12 Oct 2014, 11:13 am #544
Went to Liquid in Newcastle last night. Music was blaring and now I'm partially deaf. I've got a constant high-pitched ringing sound in my ears that sort of resembles tinnitis and everything sounds incredibly fuzzy.
Adam
12 Oct 2014, 11:13 am #544

Went to Liquid in Newcastle last night. Music was blaring and now I'm partially deaf. I've got a constant high-pitched ringing sound in my ears that sort of resembles tinnitis and everything sounds incredibly fuzzy.

Jimmi

12 Oct 2014, 11:14 am #545
Apple have discontinued the iPod Classic and I'm now trying to buy one and unfortunately it seems so is everyone else.

Tesco if you don't have any in store and won't be getting anymore, how about removing it or at least put out of stock on it instead of making me going to a till going "have you got this" only to be told "no"
Jimmi
12 Oct 2014, 11:14 am #545

Apple have discontinued the iPod Classic and I'm now trying to buy one and unfortunately it seems so is everyone else.

Tesco if you don't have any in store and won't be getting anymore, how about removing it or at least put out of stock on it instead of making me going to a till going "have you got this" only to be told "no"

Adrian

12 Oct 2014, 12:55 pm #546
(12 Oct 2014, 11:13 am)Adam Went to Liquid in Newcastle last night. Music was blaring and now I'm partially deaf. I've got a constant high-pitched ringing sound in my ears that sort of resembles tinnitis and everything sounds incredibly fuzzy.

I remember going to clubs and having that ringing sensation for days. Usually when the McEwans Centre at Rainton had something on! Don't really get it nowadays - must be going deaf or the music is quieter.. Smile

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
12 Oct 2014, 12:55 pm #546

(12 Oct 2014, 11:13 am)Adam Went to Liquid in Newcastle last night. Music was blaring and now I'm partially deaf. I've got a constant high-pitched ringing sound in my ears that sort of resembles tinnitis and everything sounds incredibly fuzzy.

I remember going to clubs and having that ringing sensation for days. Usually when the McEwans Centre at Rainton had something on! Don't really get it nowadays - must be going deaf or the music is quieter.. Smile

Adrian

12 Oct 2014, 1:02 pm #547
(12 Oct 2014, 11:14 am)Jimmi Apple have discontinued the iPod Classic and I'm now trying to buy one and unfortunately it seems so is everyone else.

Disappointed that they've done this really. I've got a 5th gen iPod classic and it's still rock solid. Only downside is it's a little bulky. I've also got a 6th gen Nano, and a 2nd gen Touch. The Nano isn't too bad at all, as it isn't bulked down with the usual iOS crap, so I tend to use this most. I found the Touch became a pain as soon as it needed a few iOS updates on there. I'll probably go for another Nano when I need to replace mine.

Adrian
12 Oct 2014, 1:02 pm #547

(12 Oct 2014, 11:14 am)Jimmi Apple have discontinued the iPod Classic and I'm now trying to buy one and unfortunately it seems so is everyone else.

Disappointed that they've done this really. I've got a 5th gen iPod classic and it's still rock solid. Only downside is it's a little bulky. I've also got a 6th gen Nano, and a 2nd gen Touch. The Nano isn't too bad at all, as it isn't bulked down with the usual iOS crap, so I tend to use this most. I found the Touch became a pain as soon as it needed a few iOS updates on there. I'll probably go for another Nano when I need to replace mine.

Jimmi

12 Oct 2014, 1:31 pm #548
I need a classic as I need large amount of storage.
Jimmi
12 Oct 2014, 1:31 pm #548

I need a classic as I need large amount of storage.

Adam

12 Oct 2014, 2:35 pm #549
(12 Oct 2014, 12:55 pm)aureolin I remember going to clubs and having that ringing sensation for days. Usually when the McEwans Centre at Rainton had something on! Don't really get it nowadays - must be going deaf or the music is quieter.. Smile

haha hopefully it's the latter. It'll certainly teach me not to stand near the massive speakers.
Adam
12 Oct 2014, 2:35 pm #549

(12 Oct 2014, 12:55 pm)aureolin I remember going to clubs and having that ringing sensation for days. Usually when the McEwans Centre at Rainton had something on! Don't really get it nowadays - must be going deaf or the music is quieter.. Smile

haha hopefully it's the latter. It'll certainly teach me not to stand near the massive speakers.

Adrian

12 Oct 2014, 4:18 pm #550
(12 Oct 2014, 1:31 pm)Jimmi I need a classic as I need large amount of storage.

Large amount of storage obviously saves messing around adding/removing albums, but Nano does up to 16GB - touch doing to about 64GB I think? 16GB is still over 10 days of continuous music (on average).

Adrian
12 Oct 2014, 4:18 pm #550

(12 Oct 2014, 1:31 pm)Jimmi I need a classic as I need large amount of storage.

Large amount of storage obviously saves messing around adding/removing albums, but Nano does up to 16GB - touch doing to about 64GB I think? 16GB is still over 10 days of continuous music (on average).

Adrian

12 Oct 2014, 4:20 pm #551
(12 Oct 2014, 2:35 pm)Adam haha hopefully it's the latter. It'll certainly teach me not to stand near the massive speakers.

Yep Tongue Bar 36 and Beach in Sunderland used to be really bad for it going back some years. You'd actually feel the vibrations through you at some points!

Adrian
12 Oct 2014, 4:20 pm #551

(12 Oct 2014, 2:35 pm)Adam haha hopefully it's the latter. It'll certainly teach me not to stand near the massive speakers.

Yep Tongue Bar 36 and Beach in Sunderland used to be really bad for it going back some years. You'd actually feel the vibrations through you at some points!

Jimmi

12 Oct 2014, 7:29 pm #552
Seem as I've had no luck finding an iPod Classic online, anyone know which shops I may be able to find one in?
Jimmi
12 Oct 2014, 7:29 pm #552

Seem as I've had no luck finding an iPod Classic online, anyone know which shops I may be able to find one in?

Dan

Site Administrator

12 Oct 2014, 7:32 pm #553
(12 Oct 2014, 7:29 pm)Jimmi Seem as I've had no luck finding an iPod Classic online, anyone know which shops I may be able to find one in?
Try Cex?
Dan
12 Oct 2014, 7:32 pm #553

(12 Oct 2014, 7:29 pm)Jimmi Seem as I've had no luck finding an iPod Classic online, anyone know which shops I may be able to find one in?
Try Cex?

Michael

12 Oct 2014, 7:33 pm #554

Could try game, they sometimes have old stuff in.

Nothing on ebay?

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
12 Oct 2014, 7:33 pm #554

Could try game, they sometimes have old stuff in.

Nothing on ebay?

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Jimmi

12 Oct 2014, 7:39 pm #555
I want a brand new one, going to try HMV, Currys and Maplin to see if they have any in store.

I'd never buy one from CeX.
Jimmi
12 Oct 2014, 7:39 pm #555

I want a brand new one, going to try HMV, Currys and Maplin to see if they have any in store.

I'd never buy one from CeX.

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

12 Oct 2014, 8:27 pm #556
Nowt wrong with CeX, Sex as I like to call it Tongue

Can get decent stuff there, by the sounds of it, somewhere like that may be one of the only places you might find what your looking for...

What about Argos or PC World???
MrFozz
12 Oct 2014, 8:27 pm #556

Nowt wrong with CeX, Sex as I like to call it Tongue

Can get decent stuff there, by the sounds of it, somewhere like that may be one of the only places you might find what your looking for...

Jimmi

12 Oct 2014, 8:32 pm #557
Don't think either have any.

CeX sometimes don't check items properly.
Jimmi
12 Oct 2014, 8:32 pm #557

Don't think either have any.

Diamond One

Banned

12 Oct 2014, 8:40 pm #558
(12 Oct 2014, 8:27 pm)marxistafozzski Nowt wrong with CeX, Sex as I like to call it Tongue

am now in chuckling mode now 
Diamond One
12 Oct 2014, 8:40 pm #558

(12 Oct 2014, 8:27 pm)marxistafozzski Nowt wrong with CeX, Sex as I like to call it Tongue

am now in chuckling mode now 

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

12 Oct 2014, 8:40 pm #559
(12 Oct 2014, 8:32 pm)Jimmi Don't think either have any.

Never had a problem with them myself, but me alone is not exactly representative of the majority...Does it have to be an ipod you want, there are good media players out there, canny tablets as well...

Hope u find what your looking for anyway fella
MrFozz
12 Oct 2014, 8:40 pm #559

(12 Oct 2014, 8:32 pm)Jimmi Don't think either have any.

Never had a problem with them myself, but me alone is not exactly representative of the majority...Does it have to be an ipod you want, there are good media players out there, canny tablets as well...

Hope u find what your looking for anyway fella

Jimmi

12 Oct 2014, 8:45 pm #560
Yeah, I want the iPod Classic because it has 160GB which means I will have room for all my music.
Jimmi
12 Oct 2014, 8:45 pm #560

Yeah, I want the iPod Classic because it has 160GB which means I will have room for all my music.

Pages (135) Previous 127 28 29135 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average