Menu

North East Buses The Canteen General off-topic chat What's annoying you today? V2

What's annoying you today? V2

What's annoying you today? V2

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (135) Previous 130 31 32135 Next
Tom

18 Oct 2014, 10:31 pm #601
(18 Oct 2014, 10:25 pm)Marcus Basically, here's what I've got;

We have 25 hours a week, and we get....

4 Hours of English (Mandatory)
4 Hours of Maths (Mandatory)
6 Hours of Science (Mandatory)
1 Hour of R.E. (Mandatory)
2 Hours of ????? (Language)
2 Hours of ????? (Humanity)
2 Hours of ?????
2 Hours of ?????
2 Hours of ?????

I have two career paths that I'm currently seriously considering - one is a Humanities Teacher (History, Geography, R.E. etc), which would require mostly the humanities.

The other is some sort of Manager for GNE, which I would need a Business Management degree or something, so Business & Economics, and possibly Media.

So, with a language totally unrelated, and 4 others to pick for, I would say History and Geography, then Business & Economics and Media.

I'm really stumped....

We have to do this:
4 X 50 mins of Maths - Mandatory
4 X 50 mins of English - Mandatory
6 X 50 mins of Science - Mandatory
1 X 50 mins of Ethics - Mandatory
2 X 50 mins of PE - Mandatory
1 X 50 mins of ICT - Mandatory
1 X 50 mins of PSHE - Mandatory

Then I have to do, 1 Language (3 X 50 mins not sure what one?) 1 Humanity (3 X 50 mins Geography) and two of my choice (no idea) of that either. I get three lessons of each. 
Tom
18 Oct 2014, 10:31 pm #601

(18 Oct 2014, 10:25 pm)Marcus Basically, here's what I've got;

We have 25 hours a week, and we get....

4 Hours of English (Mandatory)
4 Hours of Maths (Mandatory)
6 Hours of Science (Mandatory)
1 Hour of R.E. (Mandatory)
2 Hours of ????? (Language)
2 Hours of ????? (Humanity)
2 Hours of ?????
2 Hours of ?????
2 Hours of ?????

I have two career paths that I'm currently seriously considering - one is a Humanities Teacher (History, Geography, R.E. etc), which would require mostly the humanities.

The other is some sort of Manager for GNE, which I would need a Business Management degree or something, so Business & Economics, and possibly Media.

So, with a language totally unrelated, and 4 others to pick for, I would say History and Geography, then Business & Economics and Media.

I'm really stumped....

We have to do this:

Then I have to do, 1 Language (3 X 50 mins not sure what one?) 1 Humanity (3 X 50 mins Geography) and two of my choice (no idea) of that either. I get three lessons of each. 

18 Oct 2014, 10:39 pm #602
(18 Oct 2014, 10:31 pm)Tom We have to do this:

Which languages do you do? I get Spanish & French, we WERE going to get German this year - but for some reason they bailed....I've got no idea, like!

I mean, Germany is the superpower of Europe. No offence, but what is French going to do for me?! When I asked one of the languages teachers, I mean, I seriously asked her why we weren't getting German and why French got priority - and she said it was because the Queen could speak French, before laughing!

I honestly wish we got German, but personally I'm really enjoying Spanish at the minute - and in my school it's the most popular language at GCSE.
R852 PRG
18 Oct 2014, 10:39 pm #602

(18 Oct 2014, 10:31 pm)Tom We have to do this:

Which languages do you do? I get Spanish & French, we WERE going to get German this year - but for some reason they bailed....I've got no idea, like!

I mean, Germany is the superpower of Europe. No offence, but what is French going to do for me?! When I asked one of the languages teachers, I mean, I seriously asked her why we weren't getting German and why French got priority - and she said it was because the Queen could speak French, before laughing!

I honestly wish we got German, but personally I'm really enjoying Spanish at the minute - and in my school it's the most popular language at GCSE.

Tom

18 Oct 2014, 10:45 pm #603
(18 Oct 2014, 10:39 pm)Marcus Which languages do you do? I get Spanish & French, we WERE going to get German this year - but for some reason they bailed....I've got no idea, like!

I got French in Year 7/Year 8, but we get German now. Only Sets 1 and 2 get to take German, as you have to have a 5A to take it at GSCE. 
I might take German as its easier, and will be more useful to me. 

Spanish is always something I've wanted to learn, but sadly they don't teach it in our school.
Tom
18 Oct 2014, 10:45 pm #603

(18 Oct 2014, 10:39 pm)Marcus Which languages do you do? I get Spanish & French, we WERE going to get German this year - but for some reason they bailed....I've got no idea, like!

I got French in Year 7/Year 8, but we get German now. Only Sets 1 and 2 get to take German, as you have to have a 5A to take it at GSCE. 
I might take German as its easier, and will be more useful to me. 

Spanish is always something I've wanted to learn, but sadly they don't teach it in our school.

S813 FVK

18 Oct 2014, 11:03 pm #604
Here is what i get:

3 hours of Spanish
3 hours of Maths
4 hours of English
4 hours of Science
1 hour of core PE (not GCSE or BTEC)
2 hours of History
3 hours of BTEC Business
3 hours of Graphics
2 hours of RE

The number of hours also equates to the number of lessons per week of each subject. However, once per week, we miss a lesson due to PSHE - it rotates so one week it may be lesson 5 of one day then the next week it will be 1st of the next then 2nd etc.
S813 FVK
18 Oct 2014, 11:03 pm #604

Here is what i get:

3 hours of Spanish
3 hours of Maths
4 hours of English
4 hours of Science
1 hour of core PE (not GCSE or BTEC)
2 hours of History
3 hours of BTEC Business
3 hours of Graphics
2 hours of RE

The number of hours also equates to the number of lessons per week of each subject. However, once per week, we miss a lesson due to PSHE - it rotates so one week it may be lesson 5 of one day then the next week it will be 1st of the next then 2nd etc.

Simmy

19 Oct 2014, 8:58 am #605
When I have had a few drinks, I always end up walking home by following bus routes. Last night I didn't have enough money for a taxi so I walked home from Sunderland to Whitburn via the E6 route haha. Just happens I guess.
Simmy
19 Oct 2014, 8:58 am #605

When I have had a few drinks, I always end up walking home by following bus routes. Last night I didn't have enough money for a taxi so I walked home from Sunderland to Whitburn via the E6 route haha. Just happens I guess.

Andreos1

19 Oct 2014, 9:06 am #606
Love it!

If the route involves a turning circle, do you do that too?
What about bus stops?
Edited 19 Oct 2014, 9:07 am by Andreos1.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
19 Oct 2014, 9:06 am #606

Love it!

What about bus stops?

'Illegitimis non carborundum'

Simmy

19 Oct 2014, 9:14 am #607
(19 Oct 2014, 9:06 am)Andreos1 Love it!

What about bus stops?

Turning circles aye. Bus stops.... probably not. No passengers at 3am Tongue
Simmy
19 Oct 2014, 9:14 am #607

(19 Oct 2014, 9:06 am)Andreos1 Love it!

What about bus stops?

Turning circles aye. Bus stops.... probably not. No passengers at 3am Tongue

Dan

Site Administrator

19 Oct 2014, 9:21 am #608
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40RfeOOOKAA

springs to mind!
Dan
19 Oct 2014, 9:21 am #608

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40RfeOOOKAA

springs to mind!

19 Oct 2014, 7:54 pm #609
Can't login to Flickr! Forgotten my Yahoo ID, and when I'm repeatedly trying to get it reset but it doesn't recognise my e-mail!
R852 PRG
19 Oct 2014, 7:54 pm #609

Can't login to Flickr! Forgotten my Yahoo ID, and when I'm repeatedly trying to get it reset but it doesn't recognise my e-mail!

Dan

Site Administrator

20 Oct 2014, 7:39 am #610
Buses. Every single one of them this morning.

To the driver of the 23... You were due to leave at 0837, stop having your mother's meeting with the 24 driver.
Dan
20 Oct 2014, 7:39 am #610

Buses. Every single one of them this morning.

To the driver of the 23... You were due to leave at 0837, stop having your mother's meeting with the 24 driver.

Michael

20 Oct 2014, 7:47 am #611
(20 Oct 2014, 7:39 am)Dan Buses. Every single one of them this morning.

Same here, its that road again, needs sorting!

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
20 Oct 2014, 7:47 am #611

Same here, its that road again, needs sorting!

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Michael

20 Oct 2014, 4:15 pm #612
The 56 once again... waited 25 minutes at Concord for 1 towards Sunderland... 2 came together.. 1 was packed and the other one didnt bother stopping at all...

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
20 Oct 2014, 4:15 pm #612

The 56 once again... waited 25 minutes at Concord for 1 towards Sunderland... 2 came together.. 1 was packed and the other one didnt bother stopping at all...

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Adam

20 Oct 2014, 6:20 pm #613
(20 Oct 2014, 4:15 pm)Michael The 56 once again... waited 25 minutes at Concord for 1 towards Sunderland... 2 came together.. 1 was packed and the other one didnt bother stopping at all...

There's 4-way controlled traffic lights/roadworks at Deckham, causing delays for all buses travelling through. After uni today, I got the 16:05 X1 (it left Eldon Square 11 mins late) and we got stuck in the roadworks for 8 minutes.
Adam
20 Oct 2014, 6:20 pm #613

(20 Oct 2014, 4:15 pm)Michael The 56 once again... waited 25 minutes at Concord for 1 towards Sunderland... 2 came together.. 1 was packed and the other one didnt bother stopping at all...

There's 4-way controlled traffic lights/roadworks at Deckham, causing delays for all buses travelling through. After uni today, I got the 16:05 X1 (it left Eldon Square 11 mins late) and we got stuck in the roadworks for 8 minutes.

Dan

Site Administrator

20 Oct 2014, 6:21 pm #614
(20 Oct 2014, 6:20 pm)Adam There's 4-way controlled traffic lights/roadworks at Deckham, causing delays for all buses travelling through. After uni today, I got the 16:05 X1 (it left Eldon Square 11 mins late) and we got stuck in the roadworks for 8 minutes.

There was a report by GNE earlier saying it took 20 minutes from (to my memory) Gateshead Interchange to the first set of traffic lights on Old Durham Road... Crazy!
Dan
20 Oct 2014, 6:21 pm #614

(20 Oct 2014, 6:20 pm)Adam There's 4-way controlled traffic lights/roadworks at Deckham, causing delays for all buses travelling through. After uni today, I got the 16:05 X1 (it left Eldon Square 11 mins late) and we got stuck in the roadworks for 8 minutes.

There was a report by GNE earlier saying it took 20 minutes from (to my memory) Gateshead Interchange to the first set of traffic lights on Old Durham Road... Crazy!

Adrian

20 Oct 2014, 6:43 pm #615

Nowt worse! I had one the other week on the 21. Pulled in to Chester le Street bang on time early in the morning, and then took his float and cleared off for 5 mins. Then he had to horse it all the way to Durham in an attempt to catch that time up.

Nothing compared to what you used to get mind. I recall being left on the X85 once as it passed through Washington Village, so the driver could go into the off-licence for a couple of cans. Also had a driver on the old 183 spark up a tab en-route, which goes to show how long the route was! Smile

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
20 Oct 2014, 6:43 pm #615

Nowt worse! I had one the other week on the 21. Pulled in to Chester le Street bang on time early in the morning, and then took his float and cleared off for 5 mins. Then he had to horse it all the way to Durham in an attempt to catch that time up.

Nothing compared to what you used to get mind. I recall being left on the X85 once as it passed through Washington Village, so the driver could go into the off-licence for a couple of cans. Also had a driver on the old 183 spark up a tab en-route, which goes to show how long the route was! Smile

Dan

Site Administrator

20 Oct 2014, 6:49 pm #616
(20 Oct 2014, 6:43 pm)aureolin Nowt worse! I had one the other week on the 21. Pulled in to Chester le Street bang on time early in the morning, and then took his float and cleared off for 5 mins. Then he had to horse it all the way to Durham in an attempt to catch that time up.

Still happens...

Some of the Stagecoach in Sunderland drivers who are close friends of my family have smoked for many, many years... Whenever they get stressed, they need a tab, and they don't care where they are.
Dan
20 Oct 2014, 6:49 pm #616

(20 Oct 2014, 6:43 pm)aureolin Nowt worse! I had one the other week on the 21. Pulled in to Chester le Street bang on time early in the morning, and then took his float and cleared off for 5 mins. Then he had to horse it all the way to Durham in an attempt to catch that time up.

Still happens...

Some of the Stagecoach in Sunderland drivers who are close friends of my family have smoked for many, many years... Whenever they get stressed, they need a tab, and they don't care where they are.

Adrian

20 Oct 2014, 6:50 pm #617
(20 Oct 2014, 6:49 pm)Dan Still happens...

That's bad like! A good 15 years since I've seen anything like that happen.

Adrian
20 Oct 2014, 6:50 pm #617

(20 Oct 2014, 6:49 pm)Dan Still happens...

That's bad like! A good 15 years since I've seen anything like that happen.

Dan

Site Administrator

20 Oct 2014, 6:57 pm #618
(20 Oct 2014, 6:50 pm)aureolin That's bad like! A good 15 years since I've seen anything like that happen.

Usually means that they put their foot down for a good five mins or so before getting out of the bus to spark it up.

I know one was telling me a few weeks back he was 10 mins late on the 19, but he'd had a rough round trip so had to get out of the bus on Premier Road and have a quick'un.
Dan
20 Oct 2014, 6:57 pm #618

(20 Oct 2014, 6:50 pm)aureolin That's bad like! A good 15 years since I've seen anything like that happen.

Usually means that they put their foot down for a good five mins or so before getting out of the bus to spark it up.

I know one was telling me a few weeks back he was 10 mins late on the 19, but he'd had a rough round trip so had to get out of the bus on Premier Road and have a quick'un.

Jimmi

20 Oct 2014, 7:23 pm #619
I got the Scarlet Band 16A home once and the driver went the chippy in Mowden, mind the 16A timetable has a lot of time to get to Newton Aycliffe pretty much back on-time once we got to Cockerton.
Jimmi
20 Oct 2014, 7:23 pm #619

I got the Scarlet Band 16A home once and the driver went the chippy in Mowden, mind the 16A timetable has a lot of time to get to Newton Aycliffe pretty much back on-time once we got to Cockerton.

20 Oct 2014, 7:27 pm #620
I need help with my Flickr.

Basically, I've realised I used a different e-mail for my Yahoo account, and it's actually the one my mam made for my puppy (yeah, you read that right......), and my sister knew the name and password but has since forgotten it.

I cannot access my account, and when I keep trying different things, I lose at least 2 points of IQ with frustration!

Help!
R852 PRG
20 Oct 2014, 7:27 pm #620

I need help with my Flickr.

Basically, I've realised I used a different e-mail for my Yahoo account, and it's actually the one my mam made for my puppy (yeah, you read that right......), and my sister knew the name and password but has since forgotten it.

I cannot access my account, and when I keep trying different things, I lose at least 2 points of IQ with frustration!

Help!

Pages (135) Previous 130 31 32135 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average