Menu

North East Buses The Canteen General off-topic chat What's annoying you today? V2

What's annoying you today? V2

What's annoying you today? V2

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (135) Previous 142 43 44135 Next
mb134

10 Nov 2014, 5:53 pm #841
(10 Nov 2014, 5:16 pm)Andreos1 I met a guy once in a professional capacity. He had a Slovak/Eastern European name and was born in Germany in 1941.

As much as I wanted to find out what the background was (you can only guess), I didn't ask.

On a similar note, heard a guy on Radio Newcastle a short while back on the news, telling the story from the weekend about 1D fans and their online posts querying the little red flowers the group were wearing on their chests over the weekend.

Absolutely disgusted.

@MB134
Which form of the cadets are you in?
Air, I did think about the Police cadets before I joined however Air went along more with what I enjoyed and have an interest in so I went for that instead Smile
mb134
10 Nov 2014, 5:53 pm #841

(10 Nov 2014, 5:16 pm)Andreos1 I met a guy once in a professional capacity. He had a Slovak/Eastern European name and was born in Germany in 1941.

As much as I wanted to find out what the background was (you can only guess), I didn't ask.

On a similar note, heard a guy on Radio Newcastle a short while back on the news, telling the story from the weekend about 1D fans and their online posts querying the little red flowers the group were wearing on their chests over the weekend.

Absolutely disgusted.

@MB134
Which form of the cadets are you in?
Air, I did think about the Police cadets before I joined however Air went along more with what I enjoyed and have an interest in so I went for that instead Smile

Jimmi

10 Nov 2014, 6:10 pm #842
Walking to Tesco tonight, as ever my head was somewhere else but I was able to see someone walking in the opposite direction so I walked on the opposite side of the path, but what I failed to see was a cyclist coming in the opposite direction behind the other person and decided to get past her at the same time as I was getting past the person walking and then came the argument about me not seeing him yet I couldn't see him as he came from nowhere and was wearing dark clothing and had no lights and he seriously expects to see him.

Someone also nearly ran me over as they suddenly decided to make a turn without indicating when I was crossing the road.

Also some miserable git crashed a trolley into me as he was rushing to get on an empty checkout so of course I couldn't see him come from the aisle at speed and just gave me a look to say "stupid ****"
Jimmi
10 Nov 2014, 6:10 pm #842

Walking to Tesco tonight, as ever my head was somewhere else but I was able to see someone walking in the opposite direction so I walked on the opposite side of the path, but what I failed to see was a cyclist coming in the opposite direction behind the other person and decided to get past her at the same time as I was getting past the person walking and then came the argument about me not seeing him yet I couldn't see him as he came from nowhere and was wearing dark clothing and had no lights and he seriously expects to see him.

Someone also nearly ran me over as they suddenly decided to make a turn without indicating when I was crossing the road.

Also some miserable git crashed a trolley into me as he was rushing to get on an empty checkout so of course I couldn't see him come from the aisle at speed and just gave me a look to say "stupid ****"

Adrian

10 Nov 2014, 6:14 pm #843
(10 Nov 2014, 8:32 am)Michael He was, the fog is quite bad to so that doesn't help... now they're moaning about it stopping at every stop...

Update.... they complained to the dude in the gals and they said he should be sacked... 

This really irritates me. They've all day to do what they need to do, yet decide to do it during the morning or evening rush, then have the audacity to complain about it. May just be me, but I'm sure folk are becoming more miserable! Headphones are a godsend...

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
10 Nov 2014, 6:14 pm #843

(10 Nov 2014, 8:32 am)Michael He was, the fog is quite bad to so that doesn't help... now they're moaning about it stopping at every stop...

Update.... they complained to the dude in the gals and they said he should be sacked... 

This really irritates me. They've all day to do what they need to do, yet decide to do it during the morning or evening rush, then have the audacity to complain about it. May just be me, but I'm sure folk are becoming more miserable! Headphones are a godsend...

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook

10 Nov 2014, 6:21 pm #844
(10 Nov 2014, 6:14 pm)aureolin This really irritates me. They've all day to do what they need to do, yet decide to do it during the morning or evening rush, then have the audacity to complain about it. May just be me, but I'm sure folk are becoming more miserable! Headphones are a godsend...

See, while in no way do I want to stick up for the O-APs, I remember my late Grandad used to always get the 08:52 #78 from Pelton Bridge into Chester every single morning - for one reason, and one reason only.

As he was a miner, he was used to getting up at the crack of dawn, and so he would sometimes get up as early as 5am, just to potter about and do nothing, before then getting his bus. Mind, used to take him ages to eat his breakfast. Big Grin
R852 PRG
10 Nov 2014, 6:21 pm #844

(10 Nov 2014, 6:14 pm)aureolin This really irritates me. They've all day to do what they need to do, yet decide to do it during the morning or evening rush, then have the audacity to complain about it. May just be me, but I'm sure folk are becoming more miserable! Headphones are a godsend...

See, while in no way do I want to stick up for the O-APs, I remember my late Grandad used to always get the 08:52 #78 from Pelton Bridge into Chester every single morning - for one reason, and one reason only.

As he was a miner, he was used to getting up at the crack of dawn, and so he would sometimes get up as early as 5am, just to potter about and do nothing, before then getting his bus. Mind, used to take him ages to eat his breakfast. Big Grin

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

11 Nov 2014, 6:13 pm #845
On the E6 this morning, driver stops the bus, cuts the engine out for the moments silence at 11am...

An old guy gets up and demands rather loud to be let off...

The guy was probably of an age to personally remember World War 2...

The kind of person who probably think kids are little criminals with no respect for society and it is people like him who need to practice what they preach
MrFozz
11 Nov 2014, 6:13 pm #845

On the E6 this morning, driver stops the bus, cuts the engine out for the moments silence at 11am...

The kind of person who probably think kids are little criminals with no respect for society and it is people like him who need to practice what they preach

11 Nov 2014, 6:22 pm #846
(11 Nov 2014, 6:13 pm)marxistafozzski On the E6 this morning, driver stops the bus, cuts the engine out for the moments silence at 11am...

How nice of the driver to do that. Smile

Miserable git.

Anyway Fozz, the Holocaust survivor spoke to us for about an hour, and was very intriguing.

Eva Clarke, also known as 'The Baby born in a Concentration Camp', was born at Mauthausen concentration camp on April 29 1945. The only reason she was not gassed in a desperate attempt to cover up the incident, was because the gas chambers at Mauthausen had been dynamited just the day before!

The camp was liberated just days later - her mother had actually come from Auschwitz! Of the other 15 members of her family when they entered Theresienstadt in 1940, only her mother made it to the end.....Sad
R852 PRG
11 Nov 2014, 6:22 pm #846

(11 Nov 2014, 6:13 pm)marxistafozzski On the E6 this morning, driver stops the bus, cuts the engine out for the moments silence at 11am...

How nice of the driver to do that. Smile

Miserable git.

Anyway Fozz, the Holocaust survivor spoke to us for about an hour, and was very intriguing.

Eva Clarke, also known as 'The Baby born in a Concentration Camp', was born at Mauthausen concentration camp on April 29 1945. The only reason she was not gassed in a desperate attempt to cover up the incident, was because the gas chambers at Mauthausen had been dynamited just the day before!

The camp was liberated just days later - her mother had actually come from Auschwitz! Of the other 15 members of her family when they entered Theresienstadt in 1940, only her mother made it to the end.....Sad

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

11 Nov 2014, 6:43 pm #847
(11 Nov 2014, 6:22 pm)Marcus How nice of the driver to do that. Smile

Miserable git.

Bet it is very emotional listening to a Holocaust survivor
MrFozz
11 Nov 2014, 6:43 pm #847

(11 Nov 2014, 6:22 pm)Marcus How nice of the driver to do that. Smile

Miserable git.

Bet it is very emotional listening to a Holocaust survivor

11 Nov 2014, 6:47 pm #848
(11 Nov 2014, 6:43 pm)marxistafozzski Bet it is very emotional listening to a Holocaust survivor

I'll be honest, nobody in the threatre was evidently showing their emotion, not even the teachers!

To be fair, the stuff she said wasn't very graphic, either. For example, she shortened stuff like 'if you were selected to go the right, you were marched into the fields and shot in front of the next line of prisoners' to something more 'if you were sent to the right, you died'.

Do you know what I mean? Still sad regardless though.
R852 PRG
11 Nov 2014, 6:47 pm #848

(11 Nov 2014, 6:43 pm)marxistafozzski Bet it is very emotional listening to a Holocaust survivor

I'll be honest, nobody in the threatre was evidently showing their emotion, not even the teachers!

To be fair, the stuff she said wasn't very graphic, either. For example, she shortened stuff like 'if you were selected to go the right, you were marched into the fields and shot in front of the next line of prisoners' to something more 'if you were sent to the right, you died'.

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

11 Nov 2014, 7:00 pm #849
(11 Nov 2014, 6:47 pm)Marcus I'll be honest, nobody in the threatre was evidently showing their emotion, not even the teachers!

I do see what you mean...People may not show it, but I bet to a man, the majority would find it emotional, it would be hard not to be...

One place I would love to visit is Auschwitz, but I would find it hard to bear as I am emotionally unstable...

I remember meeting a guy on holiday years ago who told me he had met some old Poles in Warsaw once and ended up taking him and a couple of mates to Auschwitz and he told me, as soon as they saw it, to a man they were openly crying
MrFozz
11 Nov 2014, 7:00 pm #849

(11 Nov 2014, 6:47 pm)Marcus I'll be honest, nobody in the threatre was evidently showing their emotion, not even the teachers!

I do see what you mean...People may not show it, but I bet to a man, the majority would find it emotional, it would be hard not to be...

One place I would love to visit is Auschwitz, but I would find it hard to bear as I am emotionally unstable...

I remember meeting a guy on holiday years ago who told me he had met some old Poles in Warsaw once and ended up taking him and a couple of mates to Auschwitz and he told me, as soon as they saw it, to a man they were openly crying

11 Nov 2014, 7:05 pm #850
(11 Nov 2014, 7:00 pm)marxistafozzski I do see what you mean...People may not show it, but I bet to a man, the majority would find it emotional, it would be hard not to be...

As a history fanatic, I've got to admit on my bucket list, a visit to Auschwitz and a visit to Dachau are absolute musts! Maybe Belsen as well.
R852 PRG
11 Nov 2014, 7:05 pm #850

(11 Nov 2014, 7:00 pm)marxistafozzski I do see what you mean...People may not show it, but I bet to a man, the majority would find it emotional, it would be hard not to be...

As a history fanatic, I've got to admit on my bucket list, a visit to Auschwitz and a visit to Dachau are absolute musts! Maybe Belsen as well.

Dan

Site Administrator

11 Nov 2014, 7:27 pm #851
(11 Nov 2014, 7:05 pm)Marcus As a history fanatic, I've got to admit on my bucket list, a visit to Auschwitz and a visit to Dachau are absolute musts! Maybe Belsen as well.

Every year, two upper Sixth Form students from my school go to Auschwitz. Typically, students taking History are offered the opportunity to go before others, though as nobody will be taking A2 History next year, it'll be open to all straight away, I'd imagine.

The two students which went this year are both girls - one of which I'd say is far more sensitive than the other - and it was a life-changing experience for both girls. The one who is more sensitive came back and told me that she cried at the sight of it, because you could see scratches on the walls and such.

Not sure whether I'd want to go or not... In Year 7 I went on a week-long trip and it was all linked to the wars and Remembrance Day. We went around trenches and war memorials - but I can't remember where it was now! Guess I'd keep an open mind to it, but apparently the girls had to be at Newcastle Airport for 5am in the morning or something.  Undecided
Dan
11 Nov 2014, 7:27 pm #851

(11 Nov 2014, 7:05 pm)Marcus As a history fanatic, I've got to admit on my bucket list, a visit to Auschwitz and a visit to Dachau are absolute musts! Maybe Belsen as well.

Every year, two upper Sixth Form students from my school go to Auschwitz. Typically, students taking History are offered the opportunity to go before others, though as nobody will be taking A2 History next year, it'll be open to all straight away, I'd imagine.

The two students which went this year are both girls - one of which I'd say is far more sensitive than the other - and it was a life-changing experience for both girls. The one who is more sensitive came back and told me that she cried at the sight of it, because you could see scratches on the walls and such.

Not sure whether I'd want to go or not... In Year 7 I went on a week-long trip and it was all linked to the wars and Remembrance Day. We went around trenches and war memorials - but I can't remember where it was now! Guess I'd keep an open mind to it, but apparently the girls had to be at Newcastle Airport for 5am in the morning or something.  Undecided

11 Nov 2014, 7:30 pm #852
(11 Nov 2014, 7:27 pm)Dan Every year, two upper Sixth Form students from my school go to Auschwitz. Typically, students taking History are offered the opportunity to go before others, though as nobody will be taking A2 History next year, it'll be open to all straight away, I'd imagine.

Same as at my school! For Period 2 we had a Year 13 come in to show us pictures of all the shoes and hair of the all the people at Auschwitz. I could hear a sort of crack in his voice every so often, I assume as a sign of emotion. I'd love to do that, but the Head of History told me they arrive at the airport for 5am, get to Poland for 9-10am, and fly back at 5pm!! So they do it in a day! Sad
R852 PRG
11 Nov 2014, 7:30 pm #852

(11 Nov 2014, 7:27 pm)Dan Every year, two upper Sixth Form students from my school go to Auschwitz. Typically, students taking History are offered the opportunity to go before others, though as nobody will be taking A2 History next year, it'll be open to all straight away, I'd imagine.

Same as at my school! For Period 2 we had a Year 13 come in to show us pictures of all the shoes and hair of the all the people at Auschwitz. I could hear a sort of crack in his voice every so often, I assume as a sign of emotion. I'd love to do that, but the Head of History told me they arrive at the airport for 5am, get to Poland for 9-10am, and fly back at 5pm!! So they do it in a day! Sad

mb134

11 Nov 2014, 7:34 pm #853

Hope I can do it next year, however I'm sure our teacher said that if we didn't get selected and still wanted to go, we could pay for an extra place...
mb134
11 Nov 2014, 7:34 pm #853

Hope I can do it next year, however I'm sure our teacher said that if we didn't get selected and still wanted to go, we could pay for an extra place...

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

11 Nov 2014, 7:36 pm #854
When I was at School I never went further than the Metrocentre lol
MrFozz
11 Nov 2014, 7:36 pm #854

When I was at School I never went further than the Metrocentre lol

Dan

Site Administrator

12 Nov 2014, 12:00 am #855
The fact that it's now midnight and I'm still doing coursework... That's me being a miserable git tomorrow because I'm not getting my 8 hours! To make matters worse, I have no free periods on Wednesdays!
Dan
12 Nov 2014, 12:00 am #855

The fact that it's now midnight and I'm still doing coursework... That's me being a miserable git tomorrow because I'm not getting my 8 hours! To make matters worse, I have no free periods on Wednesdays!

12 Nov 2014, 7:40 am #856
(12 Nov 2014, 12:00 am)Dan The fact that it's now midnight and I'm still doing coursework... That's me being a miserable git tomorrow because I'm not getting my 8 hours! To make matters worse, I have no free periods on Wednesdays!

I've got English, I.T, Drama, Design then Maths! Wednesday's are my worst days!
R852 PRG
12 Nov 2014, 7:40 am #856

(12 Nov 2014, 12:00 am)Dan The fact that it's now midnight and I'm still doing coursework... That's me being a miserable git tomorrow because I'm not getting my 8 hours! To make matters worse, I have no free periods on Wednesdays!

I've got English, I.T, Drama, Design then Maths! Wednesday's are my worst days!

Tom

12 Nov 2014, 7:42 am #857
(12 Nov 2014, 7:40 am)Marcus I've got English, I.T, Drama, Design then Maths! Wednesday's are my worst days!

I've actually got a good day today! Double Food, German, Art, Maths and History! No English or Games which is good!
If you take I.T and Maths out, they are the worst lessons. I actually like I.T. 
Tom
12 Nov 2014, 7:42 am #857

(12 Nov 2014, 7:40 am)Marcus I've got English, I.T, Drama, Design then Maths! Wednesday's are my worst days!

I've actually got a good day today! Double Food, German, Art, Maths and History! No English or Games which is good!

12 Nov 2014, 7:43 am #858
(12 Nov 2014, 7:42 am)Tom I've actually got a good day today! Double Food, German, Art, Maths and History! No English or Games which is good!

I'm terrible when it comes to computers, unfortunately.

I'm good at doing a few things on them, but I'd say the only thing I've been one of the best in my class at is the Code topic.
R852 PRG
12 Nov 2014, 7:43 am #858

(12 Nov 2014, 7:42 am)Tom I've actually got a good day today! Double Food, German, Art, Maths and History! No English or Games which is good!

I'm terrible when it comes to computers, unfortunately.

I'm good at doing a few things on them, but I'd say the only thing I've been one of the best in my class at is the Code topic.

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

12 Nov 2014, 7:45 am #859

Should be like Margaret Thatcher was, survive on a few hours kip...was it her who said 'sleep is for the weak'...

Am kidding...I get cranky if I lose sleep
MrFozz
12 Nov 2014, 7:45 am #859

Should be like Margaret Thatcher was, survive on a few hours kip...was it her who said 'sleep is for the weak'...

Am kidding...I get cranky if I lose sleep

Tom

12 Nov 2014, 7:47 am #860
(12 Nov 2014, 7:43 am)Marcus I'm terrible when it comes to computers, unfortunately.

Ah right - we normally do stuff like Scratch, Excel and Word which I am quite good at! A lot of people still don't know how to do the formulas though! 
Tom
12 Nov 2014, 7:47 am #860

(12 Nov 2014, 7:43 am)Marcus I'm terrible when it comes to computers, unfortunately.

Ah right - we normally do stuff like Scratch, Excel and Word which I am quite good at! A lot of people still don't know how to do the formulas though! 

Pages (135) Previous 142 43 44135 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average