Menu

North East Buses The Canteen General off-topic chat What's annoying you today? V2

What's annoying you today? V2

What's annoying you today? V2

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (135) Previous 147 48 49135 Next
MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

28 Nov 2014, 8:26 pm #941
(28 Nov 2014, 6:56 pm)Jimmi Normal service has now been resumed.

Flickr is playing funny buggers again, once again it won't let me upload photos - I'm only trying to add two! (one of them is a slightly naff photo of a MAX Enviro 400 on the X15)

Also some was stood taking photos between Eldon Square and Haymarket and a Yellow Bus Olympian came round the corner and so did some miserable old looking cow who got in my shot and then walked round behind me - So what was the bloody point in walking on the bloody road and ruining my photo and don't give me dirty looks for taking your photo if you walked round the correct way that wouldn't have happened you miserable old cow!!! RANT OVER!

Other than that I've been fine today.
I was gonna say 'where is jimmi and whag you done with him'...

Good to see you I fine form again Wink
MrFozz
28 Nov 2014, 8:26 pm #941

(28 Nov 2014, 6:56 pm)Jimmi Normal service has now been resumed.

Flickr is playing funny buggers again, once again it won't let me upload photos - I'm only trying to add two! (one of them is a slightly naff photo of a MAX Enviro 400 on the X15)

Also some was stood taking photos between Eldon Square and Haymarket and a Yellow Bus Olympian came round the corner and so did some miserable old looking cow who got in my shot and then walked round behind me - So what was the bloody point in walking on the bloody road and ruining my photo and don't give me dirty looks for taking your photo if you walked round the correct way that wouldn't have happened you miserable old cow!!! RANT OVER!

Other than that I've been fine today.
I was gonna say 'where is jimmi and whag you done with him'...

Good to see you I fine form again Wink

tyresmoke

28 Nov 2014, 9:16 pm #942
The whole concept of Black Friday! Today's been an absolute joke, traffic wise!
Definitely a Black Friday for punctuality put it that way Tongue

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

tyresmoke
28 Nov 2014, 9:16 pm #942

The whole concept of Black Friday! Today's been an absolute joke, traffic wise!

Adam

28 Nov 2014, 10:49 pm #943
(28 Nov 2014, 9:16 pm)tyresmoke The whole concept of Black Friday! Today's been an absolute joke, traffic wise!

Completely agree with you on the first part.

The way people go on about Black Friday is ridiculous. I mean, how mad and deluded has the world become when you've got people queuing outside retail outlets for hours on end to run into the shop like a bunch of lunatics simply for personal greed? So much so infact that it has led to ridiculous, selfish, idiotic fights, arguments and rioting for luxuries that are uncalled for. Black Friday? More like Black and Blue Friday... It's bloody ridiculous
Adam
28 Nov 2014, 10:49 pm #943

(28 Nov 2014, 9:16 pm)tyresmoke The whole concept of Black Friday! Today's been an absolute joke, traffic wise!

Completely agree with you on the first part.

The way people go on about Black Friday is ridiculous. I mean, how mad and deluded has the world become when you've got people queuing outside retail outlets for hours on end to run into the shop like a bunch of lunatics simply for personal greed? So much so infact that it has led to ridiculous, selfish, idiotic fights, arguments and rioting for luxuries that are uncalled for. Black Friday? More like Black and Blue Friday... It's bloody ridiculous

Malarkey

28 Nov 2014, 11:16 pm #944
(28 Nov 2014, 10:49 pm)Adam Completely agree with you on the first part.

I got the X36 from Sunderland to Newcastle this afternoon and the Traffic around Boldon was mental, due to everyone going into Asda, I have also been in both The Bridges and Eldon Square today and the ques were ridiculous, the que for Game in Eldon Square was out of the Door, elsewhere such as HMV and Currys/PC World there was barely any room to get past people, I was looking for a few Bargains but came home empty handed.
Malarkey
28 Nov 2014, 11:16 pm #944

(28 Nov 2014, 10:49 pm)Adam Completely agree with you on the first part.

I got the X36 from Sunderland to Newcastle this afternoon and the Traffic around Boldon was mental, due to everyone going into Asda, I have also been in both The Bridges and Eldon Square today and the ques were ridiculous, the que for Game in Eldon Square was out of the Door, elsewhere such as HMV and Currys/PC World there was barely any room to get past people, I was looking for a few Bargains but came home empty handed.

Adam

28 Nov 2014, 11:34 pm #945
(28 Nov 2014, 11:16 pm)NEBCD Malarkey I got the X36 from Sunderland to Newcastle this afternoon and the Traffic around Boldon was mental, due to everyone going into Asda, I have also been in both The Bridges and Eldon Square today and the ques were ridiculous, the que for Game in Eldon Square was out of the Door, elsewhere such as HMV and Currys/PC World there was barely any room to get past people, I was looking for a few Bargains but came home empty handed.

I finished uni at 4 today and took my usual route with my new found friends from my uni building through campus, onto Northumberland Street, into Eldon Square, down the escalators to Waitrose and into the bus station. It was absolutely chocker. Could barely walk through Eldon Square without people cutting infront of you or bumping into people.
Adam
28 Nov 2014, 11:34 pm #945

(28 Nov 2014, 11:16 pm)NEBCD Malarkey I got the X36 from Sunderland to Newcastle this afternoon and the Traffic around Boldon was mental, due to everyone going into Asda, I have also been in both The Bridges and Eldon Square today and the ques were ridiculous, the que for Game in Eldon Square was out of the Door, elsewhere such as HMV and Currys/PC World there was barely any room to get past people, I was looking for a few Bargains but came home empty handed.

I finished uni at 4 today and took my usual route with my new found friends from my uni building through campus, onto Northumberland Street, into Eldon Square, down the escalators to Waitrose and into the bus station. It was absolutely chocker. Could barely walk through Eldon Square without people cutting infront of you or bumping into people.

28 Nov 2014, 11:35 pm #946
(27 Nov 2014, 9:18 pm)marxistafozzski I used to be on them when I was first diagnosed with bi-polar, I was on loads of pills for depression and pains

For depression I was on Semi-Sodium Valproate, Olanzepiene and Fluoxeteine, that combination made me like a zombie, and knocked me out sometimes, went to bed one monday night years and woke up Wednesday Afternoon, I was taking Tramadol and Co-Codamol, both are opiate based and also made me drowsy, because of that it is why I am heavily addicted to over the counter pain and sleep meds.

Hope you are ok Mr Mitchelhill and hope u can pull yourself together soon

Been feeling a bit zombie like myself to be honest. Annoying I'm now up to 19 of the side effects to have affected me (fortunatley not all at the same time). Problems sleeping is one that is particularly annoying me.

I am trying to keep myself together(unless the side effect of Hallucinations come into play and make me think that my hands have dropped off), but at times I keep having minor panic attacks, though happens a few times when I'm trying to get to sleep. Usually because I'm thinking of what will happen when I return to work to answer loads of questions and not knowing exactly how to answer them. Then I probably get in trouble because the answer isn't what they are looking for and people will think I'm absolutely useless. I cannot even bring myself to go out and photo buses or even go for a rideabout on them. I've got photos on my camera that date back to middle of October and I've never even downloaded them and they're still on there.

Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/
Who needs heroes anyway? Villians have more fun.
Rapidsnap
28 Nov 2014, 11:35 pm #946

(27 Nov 2014, 9:18 pm)marxistafozzski I used to be on them when I was first diagnosed with bi-polar, I was on loads of pills for depression and pains

For depression I was on Semi-Sodium Valproate, Olanzepiene and Fluoxeteine, that combination made me like a zombie, and knocked me out sometimes, went to bed one monday night years and woke up Wednesday Afternoon, I was taking Tramadol and Co-Codamol, both are opiate based and also made me drowsy, because of that it is why I am heavily addicted to over the counter pain and sleep meds.

Hope you are ok Mr Mitchelhill and hope u can pull yourself together soon

Been feeling a bit zombie like myself to be honest. Annoying I'm now up to 19 of the side effects to have affected me (fortunatley not all at the same time). Problems sleeping is one that is particularly annoying me.

I am trying to keep myself together(unless the side effect of Hallucinations come into play and make me think that my hands have dropped off), but at times I keep having minor panic attacks, though happens a few times when I'm trying to get to sleep. Usually because I'm thinking of what will happen when I return to work to answer loads of questions and not knowing exactly how to answer them. Then I probably get in trouble because the answer isn't what they are looking for and people will think I'm absolutely useless. I cannot even bring myself to go out and photo buses or even go for a rideabout on them. I've got photos on my camera that date back to middle of October and I've never even downloaded them and they're still on there.

Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/
Who needs heroes anyway? Villians have more fun.

Jimmi

28 Nov 2014, 11:40 pm #947
The queue in Game at the MetroCentre was out the door too.

The biggest challenge I had was getting round Schuh in Eldon Square could barely move.

I amazed I never lost it at any point today.

My thing with Black Friday is, since when has this become a thing in this country, about two years back some people I know thought it was the Friday before Christmas and you go out and get absolutely pissed, I only knew about Black Friday by references in American TV shows and videos of people going mental trying to grab cheap TV's and stuff like that in shops in America. Also annoys me as this is another step to this country becoming Americanised.

People will go mad for a sale in this country, some people even go to the Next Sale for the store opening at something ridiculous like 5am, have you seen the Next Sale it's just the crap they couldn't sell just with a lower price in a bid to get people to buy things, admittedly when I've been to the Next Sale everything is crap, although I'm not a mental enough to get to Next for 5am to get some cheap T-Shirts.
Jimmi
28 Nov 2014, 11:40 pm #947

The queue in Game at the MetroCentre was out the door too.

The biggest challenge I had was getting round Schuh in Eldon Square could barely move.

My thing with Black Friday is, since when has this become a thing in this country, about two years back some people I know thought it was the Friday before Christmas and you go out and get absolutely pissed, I only knew about Black Friday by references in American TV shows and videos of people going mental trying to grab cheap TV's and stuff like that in shops in America. Also annoys me as this is another step to this country becoming Americanised.

People will go mad for a sale in this country, some people even go to the Next Sale for the store opening at something ridiculous like 5am, have you seen the Next Sale it's just the crap they couldn't sell just with a lower price in a bid to get people to buy things, admittedly when I've been to the Next Sale everything is crap, although I'm not a mental enough to get to Next for 5am to get some cheap T-Shirts.

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

29 Nov 2014, 12:37 am #948
(28 Nov 2014, 11:40 pm)Jimmi The queue in Game at the MetroCentre was out the door too.

Round here, I am sure the Friday before Xmas is Called Factory Friday or Mad Friday, all the factories would kick out about dinnertime and they would all go out and pissed Big Grin
MrFozz
29 Nov 2014, 12:37 am #948

(28 Nov 2014, 11:40 pm)Jimmi The queue in Game at the MetroCentre was out the door too.

Round here, I am sure the Friday before Xmas is Called Factory Friday or Mad Friday, all the factories would kick out about dinnertime and they would all go out and pissed Big Grin

MurdnunoC

29 Nov 2014, 12:33 pm #949
Another criticism about Black Friday is that the deals on display are really nothing out of the ordinary. Sure, there are one or two tempting deals to get the punters in, but overall you can get similar discounts whenever shops have regular sales or offers at other times of year.
MurdnunoC
29 Nov 2014, 12:33 pm #949

Another criticism about Black Friday is that the deals on display are really nothing out of the ordinary. Sure, there are one or two tempting deals to get the punters in, but overall you can get similar discounts whenever shops have regular sales or offers at other times of year.

Michael

29 Nov 2014, 1:07 pm #950
Anyone else think this day is dragging?

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
29 Nov 2014, 1:07 pm #950

Anyone else think this day is dragging?

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Dan

Site Administrator

29 Nov 2014, 1:10 pm #951
(29 Nov 2014, 1:07 pm)Michael Anyone else think this day is dragging?
Flying over for me! Barely got enough time to fit everything in that I had planned (again!)
Dan
29 Nov 2014, 1:10 pm #951

(29 Nov 2014, 1:07 pm)Michael Anyone else think this day is dragging?
Flying over for me! Barely got enough time to fit everything in that I had planned (again!)

Michael

29 Nov 2014, 1:13 pm #952
(29 Nov 2014, 1:10 pm)Dan Flying over for me! Barely got enough time to fit everything in that I had planned (again!)

Where r u now like on your long adventure! 

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
29 Nov 2014, 1:13 pm #952

(29 Nov 2014, 1:10 pm)Dan Flying over for me! Barely got enough time to fit everything in that I had planned (again!)

Where r u now like on your long adventure! 

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Jimmi

29 Nov 2014, 1:14 pm #953
Yeah the Black Friday "deals" I saw yesterday were nowt spectacular, one of HMV's big deals was £3 off the latest Big Bang Theory DVD and was £15, I bet after Christmas you will be able to get it somewhere else for about £10.
Jimmi
29 Nov 2014, 1:14 pm #953

Yeah the Black Friday "deals" I saw yesterday were nowt spectacular, one of HMV's big deals was £3 off the latest Big Bang Theory DVD and was £15, I bet after Christmas you will be able to get it somewhere else for about £10.

tyresmoke

29 Nov 2014, 10:00 pm #954

Flew for me too, 5 hours on 5s went in no time!

tyresmoke
29 Nov 2014, 10:00 pm #954

Flew for me too, 5 hours on 5s went in no time!

Dan

Site Administrator

29 Nov 2014, 10:23 pm #955
Flickr (shock!)

Took ages to crop my photos on Flickr tonight. I kept getting error messages every time I tried to replace the old version with the newly cropped version - I had to repeat the cropping process a good five times for quite a few photos!
Dan
29 Nov 2014, 10:23 pm #955

Flickr (shock!)

Took ages to crop my photos on Flickr tonight. I kept getting error messages every time I tried to replace the old version with the newly cropped version - I had to repeat the cropping process a good five times for quite a few photos!

Jimmi

30 Nov 2014, 10:43 am #956
BANK, Middlesbrough you were supposed to open 12 minutes ago, do you not want my custom!
Jimmi
30 Nov 2014, 10:43 am #956

BANK, Middlesbrough you were supposed to open 12 minutes ago, do you not want my custom!

Jimmi

30 Nov 2014, 11:09 am #957
BANK finally opened at 1056 (26 minutes late!).

I imagine it was because the tosser in his Burberry scarf and hat was checking himself out in the mirror before opening.

Firing off another complaint to this shop about this, the two previous complaints were regarding a heavy loose shop fixture falling on my leg and the Sunderland branch leaving me to queue for about 10 minutes while the staff chatted amongst themselves which resulted in me walking out. This may seem like me just whinging but they ask for your opinions and my opinion of them is shit. This is also the only shop I have had a compliant about.
Jimmi
30 Nov 2014, 11:09 am #957

BANK finally opened at 1056 (26 minutes late!).

I imagine it was because the tosser in his Burberry scarf and hat was checking himself out in the mirror before opening.

Firing off another complaint to this shop about this, the two previous complaints were regarding a heavy loose shop fixture falling on my leg and the Sunderland branch leaving me to queue for about 10 minutes while the staff chatted amongst themselves which resulted in me walking out. This may seem like me just whinging but they ask for your opinions and my opinion of them is shit. This is also the only shop I have had a compliant about.

mb134

30 Nov 2014, 12:41 pm #958
(30 Nov 2014, 11:09 am)Jimmi BANK finally opened at 1056 (26 minutes late!).

Surely the company would be angry at this as well, this is 26 minutes of lost trade, in the run up to Christmas. I've no idea what they sell but I'm assuming that if there are numerous branches, people go there. 
Also, aren't shops only allowed a certain number of trading hours on a Sunday? Therefore they can't exactly close 26 minutes later, as people would have expected them to have already shut and wont go? 
mb134
30 Nov 2014, 12:41 pm #958

(30 Nov 2014, 11:09 am)Jimmi BANK finally opened at 1056 (26 minutes late!).

Surely the company would be angry at this as well, this is 26 minutes of lost trade, in the run up to Christmas. I've no idea what they sell but I'm assuming that if there are numerous branches, people go there. 
Also, aren't shops only allowed a certain number of trading hours on a Sunday? Therefore they can't exactly close 26 minutes later, as people would have expected them to have already shut and wont go? 

Jimmi

30 Nov 2014, 4:05 pm #959

Management would not be happy with lost trade and this is one of the busy shopping weekends of the year. Lots of people went past in this time too. Almost every over shop opened before 1030 for browsing as due to Sunday Trading Laws (something to do with the church) shops are allowed to be open for a maximum of 6 hours. BANK is a clothing shop with stores in most places.

Another annoyance came on the way home, we parked in the Captain Cook Square car park and then turned right at the mini roundabout to head where the traffic lights are (the ones which many of Arriva's services go through to reach Middlesbrough Bus Station) anyway we go through to join the queue when someone old people in a Volvo come from our right and nearly went into the side of us. Then when the lights went green tried to pull in front of us and we weren't having it and when we got to the next set of lights (the one where buses go to head towards the A66) we went through on amber and the old prick came through the lights too (must have been red when he came through) and then when we got on the A66 he came alongside us and gave us the finger, so you have gone through a red light and sped just to give us the finger, you sir are are grey haired old ****.

So not such a good day for me then, the car incident has left me shaken and when I get like this it gives me a headache and makes me feel unwell.
Jimmi
30 Nov 2014, 4:05 pm #959

Management would not be happy with lost trade and this is one of the busy shopping weekends of the year. Lots of people went past in this time too. Almost every over shop opened before 1030 for browsing as due to Sunday Trading Laws (something to do with the church) shops are allowed to be open for a maximum of 6 hours. BANK is a clothing shop with stores in most places.

Another annoyance came on the way home, we parked in the Captain Cook Square car park and then turned right at the mini roundabout to head where the traffic lights are (the ones which many of Arriva's services go through to reach Middlesbrough Bus Station) anyway we go through to join the queue when someone old people in a Volvo come from our right and nearly went into the side of us. Then when the lights went green tried to pull in front of us and we weren't having it and when we got to the next set of lights (the one where buses go to head towards the A66) we went through on amber and the old prick came through the lights too (must have been red when he came through) and then when we got on the A66 he came alongside us and gave us the finger, so you have gone through a red light and sped just to give us the finger, you sir are are grey haired old ****.

So not such a good day for me then, the car incident has left me shaken and when I get like this it gives me a headache and makes me feel unwell.

Michael

30 Nov 2014, 5:04 pm #960
I have an assignment due in tomorrow and i cba to finish it... than i have 4 due within the next 2 weeks...

Next 4 are due in on:

9.12.14 x2 assignments!

Please kill me now!
Edited 30 Nov 2014, 5:04 pm by Michael.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
30 Nov 2014, 5:04 pm #960

I have an assignment due in tomorrow and i cba to finish it... than i have 4 due within the next 2 weeks...

Next 4 are due in on:

9.12.14 x2 assignments!

Please kill me now!

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Pages (135) Previous 147 48 49135 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average