Menu

North East Buses The Canteen General off-topic chat What's annoying you today? V2

What's annoying you today? V2

What's annoying you today? V2

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (135) Previous 148 49 50135 Next
Adam

30 Nov 2014, 5:17 pm #961
(30 Nov 2014, 5:04 pm)Michael I have an assignment due in tomorrow and i cba to finish it... than i have 4 due within the next 2 weeks...

Next 4 are due in on:

9.12.14 x2 assignments!

Please kill me now!

Feel sorry for you.

Started my next assignment the other day, due in for December 12th, the day I break up for Christmas. It's all about Study Skills and how they have developed since starting uni, consisting of a 2000 word report and a massive portfolio of evidence. I know it doesn't sound too much, but it is hard.
Adam
30 Nov 2014, 5:17 pm #961

(30 Nov 2014, 5:04 pm)Michael I have an assignment due in tomorrow and i cba to finish it... than i have 4 due within the next 2 weeks...

Next 4 are due in on:

9.12.14 x2 assignments!

Please kill me now!

Feel sorry for you.

Started my next assignment the other day, due in for December 12th, the day I break up for Christmas. It's all about Study Skills and how they have developed since starting uni, consisting of a 2000 word report and a massive portfolio of evidence. I know it doesn't sound too much, but it is hard.

Michael

30 Nov 2014, 5:26 pm #962
(30 Nov 2014, 5:17 pm)Adam Feel sorry for you.

I think were getting a reading week the week commencing the 15th December... she reckons shes giving us homework... ye right, i'll not be doing until the day before i'm due back.....

Oh dear, i think i'm due to do one of those this year, as its my final year for this course.... I also start 2 or 3 new units this week to... so it gets even worse... -.-

The one which is due in tomorrow is only 1500 words, its not bad but we have to take good and bad points from like 3 different documents all related to Science..... 

The other 4 assignments isn't bad but it's just getting time to do them, reckon i'll be till late this week, i only do Mondays and Tuesday's, i can some more in the house..... it's not bad its open till 9pm Monday - Thursday but i have to get the bus back, so i'll leave about 6ish
Edited 30 Nov 2014, 5:27 pm by Michael.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
30 Nov 2014, 5:26 pm #962

(30 Nov 2014, 5:17 pm)Adam Feel sorry for you.

I think were getting a reading week the week commencing the 15th December... she reckons shes giving us homework... ye right, i'll not be doing until the day before i'm due back.....

Oh dear, i think i'm due to do one of those this year, as its my final year for this course.... I also start 2 or 3 new units this week to... so it gets even worse... -.-

The one which is due in tomorrow is only 1500 words, its not bad but we have to take good and bad points from like 3 different documents all related to Science..... 

The other 4 assignments isn't bad but it's just getting time to do them, reckon i'll be till late this week, i only do Mondays and Tuesday's, i can some more in the house..... it's not bad its open till 9pm Monday - Thursday but i have to get the bus back, so i'll leave about 6ish

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Adam

30 Nov 2014, 5:33 pm #963
(30 Nov 2014, 5:26 pm)Michael I think were getting a reading week the week commencing the 15th December... she reckons shes giving us homework... ye right, i'll not be doing until the day before i'm due back.....

I know what you mean about Time Management. It can be a pain at times. Funnily enough, that's one section I need to include in my portfolio and report.

The library at Northumbria's open 24/7, so if I really wanted to, I could go in at like 3am and work away. I haven't had to resort to that yet and, touch wood, I won't need to either, but it's good to know that that option is always there.
Adam
30 Nov 2014, 5:33 pm #963

(30 Nov 2014, 5:26 pm)Michael I think were getting a reading week the week commencing the 15th December... she reckons shes giving us homework... ye right, i'll not be doing until the day before i'm due back.....

I know what you mean about Time Management. It can be a pain at times. Funnily enough, that's one section I need to include in my portfolio and report.

The library at Northumbria's open 24/7, so if I really wanted to, I could go in at like 3am and work away. I haven't had to resort to that yet and, touch wood, I won't need to either, but it's good to know that that option is always there.

Michael

30 Nov 2014, 5:38 pm #964
(30 Nov 2014, 5:33 pm)Adam I know what you mean about Time Management. It can be a pain at times. Funnily enough, that's one section I need to include in my portfolio and report.

Getting to the point where i'm sick of this course, its after the carry on we had last year.

Time management can be hard, i "try" to do at least 1 hour a day, when not at uni or placement.... not like that happens all the time! 

We were based at Sunderland Uni till we got moved to Usworth so i'm not sure if i can use the uni, which i think is open 24/7... wouldn't mind doing it late but only if i had a car and i wasn't a bus wanker haha 
Edited 30 Nov 2014, 5:39 pm by Michael.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
30 Nov 2014, 5:38 pm #964

(30 Nov 2014, 5:33 pm)Adam I know what you mean about Time Management. It can be a pain at times. Funnily enough, that's one section I need to include in my portfolio and report.

Getting to the point where i'm sick of this course, its after the carry on we had last year.

Time management can be hard, i "try" to do at least 1 hour a day, when not at uni or placement.... not like that happens all the time! 

We were based at Sunderland Uni till we got moved to Usworth so i'm not sure if i can use the uni, which i think is open 24/7... wouldn't mind doing it late but only if i had a car and i wasn't a bus wanker haha 

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Adam

30 Nov 2014, 5:47 pm #965
(30 Nov 2014, 5:38 pm)Michael Getting to the point where i'm sick of this course, its after the carry on we had last year.

haha you should be able to use the main campus library. A couple of my friends are based at Northumbria's Coach Lane campus up by Four Lane Ends/Longbenton way, and they're still allowed to use the main City Campus library.
Adam
30 Nov 2014, 5:47 pm #965

(30 Nov 2014, 5:38 pm)Michael Getting to the point where i'm sick of this course, its after the carry on we had last year.

haha you should be able to use the main campus library. A couple of my friends are based at Northumbria's Coach Lane campus up by Four Lane Ends/Longbenton way, and they're still allowed to use the main City Campus library.

Adrian

30 Nov 2014, 5:51 pm #966
As mad as it sounds, it's sometimes a lot easier to get things done overnight. I know I used to be able to get two weeks worth of stuff done in 4 night shifts, as it was distraction free pretty much all night!

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
30 Nov 2014, 5:51 pm #966

As mad as it sounds, it's sometimes a lot easier to get things done overnight. I know I used to be able to get two weeks worth of stuff done in 4 night shifts, as it was distraction free pretty much all night!

Michael

30 Nov 2014, 5:56 pm #967
(30 Nov 2014, 5:47 pm)Adam haha you should be able to use the main campus library. A couple of my friends are based at Northumbria's Coach Lane campus up by Four Lane Ends/Longbenton way, and they're still allowed to use the main City Campus library.

I may ask the women from the uni tomorrow who is based at Usworth, she works for Sunderland uni. 

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
30 Nov 2014, 5:56 pm #967

(30 Nov 2014, 5:47 pm)Adam haha you should be able to use the main campus library. A couple of my friends are based at Northumbria's Coach Lane campus up by Four Lane Ends/Longbenton way, and they're still allowed to use the main City Campus library.

I may ask the women from the uni tomorrow who is based at Usworth, she works for Sunderland uni. 

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Michael

30 Nov 2014, 5:57 pm #968
(30 Nov 2014, 5:51 pm)aureolin As mad as it sounds, it's sometimes a lot easier to get things done overnight. I know I used to be able to get two weeks worth of stuff done in 4 night shifts, as it was distraction free pretty much all night!

The latest iv'e stayed is till about 6:30pm, i would of stayed later, if i had a car 

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
30 Nov 2014, 5:57 pm #968

(30 Nov 2014, 5:51 pm)aureolin As mad as it sounds, it's sometimes a lot easier to get things done overnight. I know I used to be able to get two weeks worth of stuff done in 4 night shifts, as it was distraction free pretty much all night!

The latest iv'e stayed is till about 6:30pm, i would of stayed later, if i had a car 

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Adrian

30 Nov 2014, 7:18 pm #969
(30 Nov 2014, 5:57 pm)Michael The latest iv'e stayed is till about 6:30pm, i would of stayed later, if i had a car 

Could you not get last bus in, and first bus out? Would only be about 6 hours if you looked at it like that!

Adrian
30 Nov 2014, 7:18 pm #969

(30 Nov 2014, 5:57 pm)Michael The latest iv'e stayed is till about 6:30pm, i would of stayed later, if i had a car 

Could you not get last bus in, and first bus out? Would only be about 6 hours if you looked at it like that!

Michael

30 Nov 2014, 7:30 pm #970
(30 Nov 2014, 7:18 pm)aureolin Could you not get last bus in, and first bus out? Would only be about 6 hours if you looked at it like that!

I'm at Usworth, so means it will take me a while to get home, plus the one at Usworth shuts at 9pm and i live near the Grindon Mill. Gonna ask tomorrow if i can use the university to do work, if so, then i'll use there, which is better, means i can get last bus to mine or even better, study all night... Tongue 
Edited 30 Nov 2014, 7:30 pm by Michael.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
30 Nov 2014, 7:30 pm #970

(30 Nov 2014, 7:18 pm)aureolin Could you not get last bus in, and first bus out? Would only be about 6 hours if you looked at it like that!

I'm at Usworth, so means it will take me a while to get home, plus the one at Usworth shuts at 9pm and i live near the Grindon Mill. Gonna ask tomorrow if i can use the university to do work, if so, then i'll use there, which is better, means i can get last bus to mine or even better, study all night... Tongue 

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Adam

30 Nov 2014, 7:51 pm #971
Annoyance of mine today comes in the form of a very sore throat, and to make matters worse I've got a group presentation to do at uni tomorrow morning with a timeslot at precisely 9:25.
Adam
30 Nov 2014, 7:51 pm #971

Annoyance of mine today comes in the form of a very sore throat, and to make matters worse I've got a group presentation to do at uni tomorrow morning with a timeslot at precisely 9:25.

Michael

30 Nov 2014, 7:54 pm #972
(30 Nov 2014, 7:51 pm)Adam Annoyance of mine today comes in the form of a very sore throat, and to make matters worse I've got a group presentation to do at uni tomorrow morning with a timeslot at precisely 9:25.

Oh dear, good timing if u hate presentations like me!

I should have one on Tuesday but my teacher said just put it in "note form" and she'll mark it like that because its wasting everyone's time when standing up when we could be doing assignment work

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
30 Nov 2014, 7:54 pm #972

(30 Nov 2014, 7:51 pm)Adam Annoyance of mine today comes in the form of a very sore throat, and to make matters worse I've got a group presentation to do at uni tomorrow morning with a timeslot at precisely 9:25.

Oh dear, good timing if u hate presentations like me!

I should have one on Tuesday but my teacher said just put it in "note form" and she'll mark it like that because its wasting everyone's time when standing up when we could be doing assignment work

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Adam

30 Nov 2014, 8:22 pm #973
(30 Nov 2014, 7:54 pm)Michael Oh dear, good timing if u hate presentations like me!

I don't mind doing presentations. I am always nervous at first, but once I get into the swing of things, everything's fine.

I wish I could the "note form" option instead of standing there presenting, possibly with a non-existent voice, but life is a learning curve and you have to jump over all the hurdles that stand in your way in order to achieve.
Edited 30 Nov 2014, 8:22 pm by Adam.
Adam
30 Nov 2014, 8:22 pm #973

(30 Nov 2014, 7:54 pm)Michael Oh dear, good timing if u hate presentations like me!

I don't mind doing presentations. I am always nervous at first, but once I get into the swing of things, everything's fine.

I wish I could the "note form" option instead of standing there presenting, possibly with a non-existent voice, but life is a learning curve and you have to jump over all the hurdles that stand in your way in order to achieve.

Michael

30 Nov 2014, 9:33 pm #974
Ass lickers, proper hate it...

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
30 Nov 2014, 9:33 pm #974

Ass lickers, proper hate it...

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Jimmi

30 Nov 2014, 10:20 pm #975
Just remembered something else.

Saw some shoes I liked in Footasylum today, asked this guy if they had them in a size 8, so he went off to see if they had any and came back with some and I went to try them on and I couldn't get them on and then I looked at them and checked the size and they were a US size 8 (UK size 7) and it also turned out there was no UK size 8s left. Trust us to get the newbie on his first day.

Not only that I had to stand up to try these on as some ignorant people were sat on the seats whilst the other people they were with looked round the shop Dodgy

I stop whinging now.
Jimmi
30 Nov 2014, 10:20 pm #975

Just remembered something else.

Saw some shoes I liked in Footasylum today, asked this guy if they had them in a size 8, so he went off to see if they had any and came back with some and I went to try them on and I couldn't get them on and then I looked at them and checked the size and they were a US size 8 (UK size 7) and it also turned out there was no UK size 8s left. Trust us to get the newbie on his first day.

Not only that I had to stand up to try these on as some ignorant people were sat on the seats whilst the other people they were with looked round the shop Dodgy

I stop whinging now.

Dan

Site Administrator

30 Nov 2014, 11:34 pm #976
Where has today gone..?

I've still got quite a bit of work to do, and there's only 30 minutes left of the day... Think I'm going to have to call it a day and get up early tomorrow morning to finish it though, as my handwriting has progressively turned illegible in recent sentences that I've written!
Dan
30 Nov 2014, 11:34 pm #976

Where has today gone..?

I've still got quite a bit of work to do, and there's only 30 minutes left of the day... Think I'm going to have to call it a day and get up early tomorrow morning to finish it though, as my handwriting has progressively turned illegible in recent sentences that I've written!

Michael

01 Dec 2014, 7:00 am #977
Tired, wanna go back to sleep, cant be arsed with uni but gotta go in as its hand in day for an assignment..... kill me now
Edited 01 Dec 2014, 7:06 am by Michael.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
01 Dec 2014, 7:00 am #977

Tired, wanna go back to sleep, cant be arsed with uni but gotta go in as its hand in day for an assignment..... kill me now

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

mb134

01 Dec 2014, 8:15 am #978
The bus driver this morning... 11-12 minutes late when I got on and doesn't seem like he wants to make that time up...
mb134
01 Dec 2014, 8:15 am #978

The bus driver this morning... 11-12 minutes late when I got on and doesn't seem like he wants to make that time up...

Adrian

01 Dec 2014, 9:35 pm #979
(01 Dec 2014, 8:15 am)mb134 The bus driver this morning... 11-12 minutes late when I got on and doesn't seem like he wants to make that time up...
See I'd rather that. I hate seeing drivers race round like idiots trying to make 10 mins up. It's not worth their licence.

Adrian
01 Dec 2014, 9:35 pm #979

(01 Dec 2014, 8:15 am)mb134 The bus driver this morning... 11-12 minutes late when I got on and doesn't seem like he wants to make that time up...
See I'd rather that. I hate seeing drivers race round like idiots trying to make 10 mins up. It's not worth their licence.

mb134

01 Dec 2014, 9:53 pm #980
(01 Dec 2014, 9:35 pm)aureolin See I'd rather that. I hate seeing drivers race round like idiots trying to make 10 mins up. It's not worth their licence.
Wasn't his driving style as much, more his insistence of waiting a good 10 seconds after the last person boardee/alighted the bus before closing the doors. There were other little things as well that added up, by the time I got off, went into the shop for my lunch and came out the next bus was pretty much due...
mb134
01 Dec 2014, 9:53 pm #980

(01 Dec 2014, 9:35 pm)aureolin See I'd rather that. I hate seeing drivers race round like idiots trying to make 10 mins up. It's not worth their licence.
Wasn't his driving style as much, more his insistence of waiting a good 10 seconds after the last person boardee/alighted the bus before closing the doors. There were other little things as well that added up, by the time I got off, went into the shop for my lunch and came out the next bus was pretty much due...

Pages (135) Previous 148 49 50135 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average