Menu

North East Buses The Canteen General off-topic chat What's annoying you today? V2

What's annoying you today? V2

What's annoying you today? V2

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (135) Previous 152 53 54135 Next
Andreos1

10 Dec 2014, 8:20 pm #1,041
If it was someone from the forum, then I genuinely am I disgusted and hope they have the balls to stand up.

I hope whoever it was (forum member or not), realises that whatever you do, is up to you and naff all to do with them.

However, maybe it is a wakeup call to not tell the world anything and everything ie Ingeus, signing on, hospital appointments.
Only giving whoever it is, details of your goings on.

Hopefully your advisor doesn't take it further.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
10 Dec 2014, 8:20 pm #1,041

If it was someone from the forum, then I genuinely am I disgusted and hope they have the balls to stand up.

I hope whoever it was (forum member or not), realises that whatever you do, is up to you and naff all to do with them.

However, maybe it is a wakeup call to not tell the world anything and everything ie Ingeus, signing on, hospital appointments.

Dan

Site Administrator

10 Dec 2014, 8:30 pm #1,042
(10 Dec 2014, 8:20 pm)Andreos1 If it was someone from the forum, then I genuinely am I disgusted and hope they have the balls to stand up.

Obviously not condoning the actions of whoever has done it, but this is what crossed my mind too... Do we know for certain it is a member of this forum?

A lot of us are quite open on this forum (which has its advantages), but there are downsides to this which has been demonstrated here.
Dan
10 Dec 2014, 8:30 pm #1,042

(10 Dec 2014, 8:20 pm)Andreos1 If it was someone from the forum, then I genuinely am I disgusted and hope they have the balls to stand up.

Obviously not condoning the actions of whoever has done it, but this is what crossed my mind too... Do we know for certain it is a member of this forum?

A lot of us are quite open on this forum (which has its advantages), but there are downsides to this which has been demonstrated here.

Malarkey

10 Dec 2014, 8:31 pm #1,043

I was there today and he showed me the Letter and didnt even have for example Kind Regards and who it was from at the bottom, there was also a Print Screen of a Post I had made in relation to Ingeus when replying to a Post from Micheal, from reading the post there was nothing bad about it, just said I was sick of going in 3 Times a week, furthermore the Person who sent the letter wasnt signed in at all on NEB and was merely viewing as a Guest.

My Advisor said not to worry about it and that he wouldnt be taking it any further, but I do have to attend an appointment with him on Monday to show him all the Job Searches I have done in the Last Month, as a Result of the above.
Malarkey
10 Dec 2014, 8:31 pm #1,043

I was there today and he showed me the Letter and didnt even have for example Kind Regards and who it was from at the bottom, there was also a Print Screen of a Post I had made in relation to Ingeus when replying to a Post from Micheal, from reading the post there was nothing bad about it, just said I was sick of going in 3 Times a week, furthermore the Person who sent the letter wasnt signed in at all on NEB and was merely viewing as a Guest.

My Advisor said not to worry about it and that he wouldnt be taking it any further, but I do have to attend an appointment with him on Monday to show him all the Job Searches I have done in the Last Month, as a Result of the above.

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

10 Dec 2014, 8:32 pm #1,044

I second that Andreos, it is rotten and I would like to see someone grow a set and own up to it...I also agree that you should maybe not bang on about Ingeus, the DWP too much

Shit like that can shatter people with harsh sanctions by the DWP...

I think I speak for a lot of us when I say you have our support...

If it is someone on here, then please give your head a shake, and think about the lives that can potentially be messed up...

Take Care Adam Smile
MrFozz
10 Dec 2014, 8:32 pm #1,044

I second that Andreos, it is rotten and I would like to see someone grow a set and own up to it...I also agree that you should maybe not bang on about Ingeus, the DWP too much

Shit like that can shatter people with harsh sanctions by the DWP...

I think I speak for a lot of us when I say you have our support...

If it is someone on here, then please give your head a shake, and think about the lives that can potentially be messed up...

Take Care Adam Smile

Adrian

10 Dec 2014, 8:32 pm #1,045
It's disgusting if someone from the forum has gone to the effort to make a complaint like that. It's got absolutely nothing to do with them. The work scheme provider also needs to realise that being out of work doesn't mean you forfeit your right to a personal life too. If you chose to partake in a hobby whilst you're out, then that's up to you.

One thing I should point out though. Have they actually defined that an individual from this forum has made a complaint? As we shouldn't forget that anyone can view the content on this board - member or not. It's all in the public domain.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
10 Dec 2014, 8:32 pm #1,045

It's disgusting if someone from the forum has gone to the effort to make a complaint like that. It's got absolutely nothing to do with them. The work scheme provider also needs to realise that being out of work doesn't mean you forfeit your right to a personal life too. If you chose to partake in a hobby whilst you're out, then that's up to you.

One thing I should point out though. Have they actually defined that an individual from this forum has made a complaint? As we shouldn't forget that anyone can view the content on this board - member or not. It's all in the public domain.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook

Michael

10 Dec 2014, 8:36 pm #1,046
(10 Dec 2014, 8:31 pm)NEBCD Malarkey I was there today and he showed me the Letter and didnt even have for example Kind Regards and who it was from at the bottom, there was also a Print Screen of a Post I had made in relation to Ingeus when replying to a Post from Micheal, from reading the post there was nothing bad about it, just said I was sick of going in 3 Times a week, furthermore the Person who sent the letter wasnt signed in at all on NEB and was merely viewing as a Guest.

That's just pure sad, who ever's done that, looks like they have nothing more else to do with their lives! 

I wouldn't worry about it! 

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
10 Dec 2014, 8:36 pm #1,046

(10 Dec 2014, 8:31 pm)NEBCD Malarkey I was there today and he showed me the Letter and didnt even have for example Kind Regards and who it was from at the bottom, there was also a Print Screen of a Post I had made in relation to Ingeus when replying to a Post from Micheal, from reading the post there was nothing bad about it, just said I was sick of going in 3 Times a week, furthermore the Person who sent the letter wasnt signed in at all on NEB and was merely viewing as a Guest.

That's just pure sad, who ever's done that, looks like they have nothing more else to do with their lives! 

I wouldn't worry about it! 

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

10 Dec 2014, 8:45 pm #1,047
(10 Dec 2014, 8:30 pm)Dan Obviously not condoning the actions of whoever has done it, but this is what crossed my mind too... Do we know for certain it is a member of this forum?

My initial thought was someome here, but I wont jump to conclusions or speculate...In future it means we should be careful talking about things that can used against us in some ways

(10 Dec 2014, 8:32 pm)aureolin It's disgusting if someone from the forum has gone to the effort to make a complaint like that. It's got absolutely nothing to do with them. The work scheme provider also needs to realise that being out of work doesn't mean you forfeit your right to a personal life too. If you chose to partake in a hobby whilst you're out, then that's up to you.

When I first started with Ingeus, my first advisor, who Adam also knows, actively encouraged me to keep my hobby of bus enthusiasm as it got me out the house for a few hours a day.
MrFozz
10 Dec 2014, 8:45 pm #1,047

(10 Dec 2014, 8:30 pm)Dan Obviously not condoning the actions of whoever has done it, but this is what crossed my mind too... Do we know for certain it is a member of this forum?

My initial thought was someome here, but I wont jump to conclusions or speculate...In future it means we should be careful talking about things that can used against us in some ways

(10 Dec 2014, 8:32 pm)aureolin It's disgusting if someone from the forum has gone to the effort to make a complaint like that. It's got absolutely nothing to do with them. The work scheme provider also needs to realise that being out of work doesn't mean you forfeit your right to a personal life too. If you chose to partake in a hobby whilst you're out, then that's up to you.

When I first started with Ingeus, my first advisor, who Adam also knows, actively encouraged me to keep my hobby of bus enthusiasm as it got me out the house for a few hours a day.

Andreos1

10 Dec 2014, 8:47 pm #1,048
Whoever did send the letter, is possibly reading this now and maybe, trying to catch you out again - by getting you irate and say something you shouldn't.

As frustrating as it might be and as angry as you possibly are, hang back - bite your lip and don't give anyone ammunition.
Give your job search to your advisor and prove the grass/telltale/busybody wrong.

Andreos1
10 Dec 2014, 8:47 pm #1,048

Whoever did send the letter, is possibly reading this now and maybe, trying to catch you out again - by getting you irate and say something you shouldn't.

As frustrating as it might be and as angry as you possibly are, hang back - bite your lip and don't give anyone ammunition.
Give your job search to your advisor and prove the grass/telltale/busybody wrong.

Malarkey

10 Dec 2014, 9:04 pm #1,049
(10 Dec 2014, 8:47 pm)Andreos1 Whoever did send the letter, is possibly reading this now and maybe, trying to catch you out again - by getting you irate and say something you shouldn't.

I do think it was a Member of the Forum as they are aware of where I take Photos and of who I am, They have clearly been quite clever by not being logged into NEB when print screening the post I made also and went to great effort of finding the Address Details of Ingeus also, 

Not going to point any fingers and make accusations as thatll get me nowhere, and I havent clue who it is nor do I think theyll own up to doing so either, best off moving on from this and hope nothing more comes of it.
Malarkey
10 Dec 2014, 9:04 pm #1,049

(10 Dec 2014, 8:47 pm)Andreos1 Whoever did send the letter, is possibly reading this now and maybe, trying to catch you out again - by getting you irate and say something you shouldn't.

I do think it was a Member of the Forum as they are aware of where I take Photos and of who I am, They have clearly been quite clever by not being logged into NEB when print screening the post I made also and went to great effort of finding the Address Details of Ingeus also, 

Not going to point any fingers and make accusations as thatll get me nowhere, and I havent clue who it is nor do I think theyll own up to doing so either, best off moving on from this and hope nothing more comes of it.

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

10 Dec 2014, 9:15 pm #1,050
You have my support if you ever need it mate, it is pure rotten and spiteful...

Suppose it is best to draw a line under this and get on with doing what Ingeus and the DWP demand of you

Cant think why someone would want to do that in the first place, you are one of the good guys, it aint like you are a cvnt or owt, and cant understamd what is there to be gained from it
MrFozz
10 Dec 2014, 9:15 pm #1,050

You have my support if you ever need it mate, it is pure rotten and spiteful...

Suppose it is best to draw a line under this and get on with doing what Ingeus and the DWP demand of you

Cant think why someone would want to do that in the first place, you are one of the good guys, it aint like you are a cvnt or owt, and cant understamd what is there to be gained from it

Michael

11 Dec 2014, 12:34 pm #1,051
Doing my personal statement for UCAS so i can apply for Newcastle university... i have no idea what to write, even looking at the website, i can't think =(

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
11 Dec 2014, 12:34 pm #1,051

Doing my personal statement for UCAS so i can apply for Newcastle university... i have no idea what to write, even looking at the website, i can't think =(

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

MurdnunoC

11 Dec 2014, 12:50 pm #1,052
(11 Dec 2014, 12:34 pm)Michael Doing my personal statement for UCAS so i can apply for Newcastle university... i have no idea what to write, even looking at the website, i can't think =(

I wouldn't worry too much about it. Just focus on why you want to do the course and include any relevant experience. I'm presuming it's something to do with childcare - so try and encapsulate your passion for the subject too. Write from the heart and you won't go far wrong.

I would, however, ask someone to proof-read your statement before submitting it. 
MurdnunoC
11 Dec 2014, 12:50 pm #1,052

(11 Dec 2014, 12:34 pm)Michael Doing my personal statement for UCAS so i can apply for Newcastle university... i have no idea what to write, even looking at the website, i can't think =(

I wouldn't worry too much about it. Just focus on why you want to do the course and include any relevant experience. I'm presuming it's something to do with childcare - so try and encapsulate your passion for the subject too. Write from the heart and you won't go far wrong.

I would, however, ask someone to proof-read your statement before submitting it. 

Michael

11 Dec 2014, 12:54 pm #1,053
(11 Dec 2014, 12:50 pm)AdamY I wouldn't worry too much about it. Just focus on why you want to do the course and include any relevant experience. I'm presuming it's something to do with childcare - so try and encapsulate your passion for the subject too. Write from the heart and you won't go far wrong.

Thanks, so far iv'e wrote about my future goals, leading in to why i want to do this course, then what iv'e done on my current course, like my research project etc, iv'e also wrote about my work experience.  

My teacher is gonna proof read it but she only told us on Tuesday that if were putting our application form in through the college it has to be done by Friday so not much time at all...

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
11 Dec 2014, 12:54 pm #1,053

(11 Dec 2014, 12:50 pm)AdamY I wouldn't worry too much about it. Just focus on why you want to do the course and include any relevant experience. I'm presuming it's something to do with childcare - so try and encapsulate your passion for the subject too. Write from the heart and you won't go far wrong.

Thanks, so far iv'e wrote about my future goals, leading in to why i want to do this course, then what iv'e done on my current course, like my research project etc, iv'e also wrote about my work experience.  

My teacher is gonna proof read it but she only told us on Tuesday that if were putting our application form in through the college it has to be done by Friday so not much time at all...

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

MurdnunoC

11 Dec 2014, 1:00 pm #1,054
(11 Dec 2014, 12:54 pm)Michael Thanks, so far iv'e wrote about my future goals, leading in to why i want to do this course, then what iv'e done on my current course, like my research project etc, iv'e also wrote about my work experience.  

You should try and meet the deadline, but, in my experience, universities usually accept applicants after the date depending on uptake.

I know when I applied to go to Northumbria in 2008, I didn't submit my application until a few weeks before the course was due to start. I managed to get without any problems.
MurdnunoC
11 Dec 2014, 1:00 pm #1,054

(11 Dec 2014, 12:54 pm)Michael Thanks, so far iv'e wrote about my future goals, leading in to why i want to do this course, then what iv'e done on my current course, like my research project etc, iv'e also wrote about my work experience.  

You should try and meet the deadline, but, in my experience, universities usually accept applicants after the date depending on uptake.

I know when I applied to go to Northumbria in 2008, I didn't submit my application until a few weeks before the course was due to start. I managed to get without any problems.

Jimmi

11 Dec 2014, 1:01 pm #1,055
Passengers on the 5 are as classy as ever:

Loud foul mouthed alcoholics.
Jimmi
11 Dec 2014, 1:01 pm #1,055

Passengers on the 5 are as classy as ever:

Loud foul mouthed alcoholics.

Michael

11 Dec 2014, 1:05 pm #1,056
(11 Dec 2014, 1:00 pm)AdamY You should try and meet the deadline, but, in my experience, universities usually accept applicants after the date depending on uptake.

The deadline for the course is middle of January but i'd rather do it now and get it done, means i have 3 weeks of no work at all and just going to my placement which is only one day a week, which also means doing Christmas stuff only their!, on a reading week next week.... even better! =D!

Also it's only aloud to be 600 words long.................. at 350 so far =D

Thanks for the help! 
Edited 11 Dec 2014, 1:12 pm by Michael.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
11 Dec 2014, 1:05 pm #1,056

(11 Dec 2014, 1:00 pm)AdamY You should try and meet the deadline, but, in my experience, universities usually accept applicants after the date depending on uptake.

The deadline for the course is middle of January but i'd rather do it now and get it done, means i have 3 weeks of no work at all and just going to my placement which is only one day a week, which also means doing Christmas stuff only their!, on a reading week next week.... even better! =D!

Also it's only aloud to be 600 words long.................. at 350 so far =D

Thanks for the help! 

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

tyresmoke

11 Dec 2014, 2:41 pm #1,057
(10 Dec 2014, 9:04 pm)NEBCD Malarkey I do think it was a Member of the Forum as they are aware of where I take Photos and of who I am, They have clearly been quite clever by not being logged into NEB when print screening the post I made also and went to great effort of finding the Address Details of Ingeus also, 

I think everyone has a good general idea of who it might have been, given previous events should we say. Maybe whoever it was will have the decency to own up to it and give us a good reason behind their actions?

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

tyresmoke
11 Dec 2014, 2:41 pm #1,057

(10 Dec 2014, 9:04 pm)NEBCD Malarkey I do think it was a Member of the Forum as they are aware of where I take Photos and of who I am, They have clearly been quite clever by not being logged into NEB when print screening the post I made also and went to great effort of finding the Address Details of Ingeus also, 

I think everyone has a good general idea of who it might have been, given previous events should we say. Maybe whoever it was will have the decency to own up to it and give us a good reason behind their actions?

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

Dan

Site Administrator

11 Dec 2014, 3:57 pm #1,058
(11 Dec 2014, 2:41 pm)tyresmoke I think everyone has a good general idea of who it might have been, given previous events should we say. Maybe whoever it was will have the decency to own up to it and give us a good reason behind their actions?
It was obvious this post was going to be made by someone eventually, and I have been waiting for it to crop up to say that I disagree entirely.
Perhaps if this person was in employment himself, maybe... As this is not the case, I can't see him having an issue with people taking photos of buses during their free time.

As Adam said though, pointing fingers will not get us any where, and certainly won't alter the fact that a letter has been sent.
Dan
11 Dec 2014, 3:57 pm #1,058

(11 Dec 2014, 2:41 pm)tyresmoke I think everyone has a good general idea of who it might have been, given previous events should we say. Maybe whoever it was will have the decency to own up to it and give us a good reason behind their actions?
It was obvious this post was going to be made by someone eventually, and I have been waiting for it to crop up to say that I disagree entirely.
Perhaps if this person was in employment himself, maybe... As this is not the case, I can't see him having an issue with people taking photos of buses during their free time.

As Adam said though, pointing fingers will not get us any where, and certainly won't alter the fact that a letter has been sent.

Tom

11 Dec 2014, 4:03 pm #1,059
Adam, have you seen the letter? If so, you can probably get a good idea by the writing style of the letter?
I am actually clueless as to who it is?
Tom
11 Dec 2014, 4:03 pm #1,059

Adam, have you seen the letter? If so, you can probably get a good idea by the writing style of the letter?

MurdnunoC

11 Dec 2014, 4:57 pm #1,060
(11 Dec 2014, 4:03 pm)Tom Adam, have you seen the letter? If so, you can probably get a good idea by the writing style of the letter?

Me too.

I can probably guess the person to whom Dan and Tyresmoke are referring based upon their previous affinity towards letter-writing. Presuming we're all on the same page, I don't think it was this person either.  
MurdnunoC
11 Dec 2014, 4:57 pm #1,060

(11 Dec 2014, 4:03 pm)Tom Adam, have you seen the letter? If so, you can probably get a good idea by the writing style of the letter?

Me too.

I can probably guess the person to whom Dan and Tyresmoke are referring based upon their previous affinity towards letter-writing. Presuming we're all on the same page, I don't think it was this person either.  

Pages (135) Previous 152 53 54135 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average