Menu

North East Buses The Canteen General off-topic chat What's annoying you today? V2

What's annoying you today? V2

What's annoying you today? V2

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (135) Previous 176 77 78135 Next
Tom

13 Jan 2015, 4:15 pm #1,521
(13 Jan 2015, 4:12 pm)MarcTheA4 No, GCSE English, GCSE Maths, GCSE Chemistry/Biology/Physics...Sad

We don't have IT as a mandatory.

Oh right - odd that you start them this early.

We do - I think it's a good idea as most jobs nowadays will involve computers. Ethics is a complete waste of time though.
Tom
13 Jan 2015, 4:15 pm #1,521

(13 Jan 2015, 4:12 pm)MarcTheA4 No, GCSE English, GCSE Maths, GCSE Chemistry/Biology/Physics...Sad

We don't have IT as a mandatory.

Oh right - odd that you start them this early.

We do - I think it's a good idea as most jobs nowadays will involve computers. Ethics is a complete waste of time though.

13 Jan 2015, 4:20 pm #1,522
(13 Jan 2015, 4:15 pm)Tom Oh right - odd that you start them this early.

We're an academy, so we don't follow the national curriculum.

We have to pick our options by half term!

Can't stand IT! Hardly anyone picks it at GCSE I've gathered, I personally like RE, although it can be very restricted.

The teachers say 'free speech' and all that, then as soon as you say 'I don't believe in religion or think it's good, and I think it's the biggest problem in the world' (not me, somebody else) you get people having a go telling you to be constructive and give reasons...

Think I'll pick it anyway, the classes are tiny - the naughty kids are forced to do it, so that does add both a good factor (lol at them being removed from the lesson and thrown in isolation) and a negative factor (them being utter twats and just being awful on the whole), and I think it looks quite good on the curriculum...crime and punishment, human rights, etc.
R852 PRG
13 Jan 2015, 4:20 pm #1,522

(13 Jan 2015, 4:15 pm)Tom Oh right - odd that you start them this early.

We're an academy, so we don't follow the national curriculum.

Can't stand IT! Hardly anyone picks it at GCSE I've gathered, I personally like RE, although it can be very restricted.

The teachers say 'free speech' and all that, then as soon as you say 'I don't believe in religion or think it's good, and I think it's the biggest problem in the world' (not me, somebody else) you get people having a go telling you to be constructive and give reasons...

Think I'll pick it anyway, the classes are tiny - the naughty kids are forced to do it, so that does add both a good factor (lol at them being removed from the lesson and thrown in isolation) and a negative factor (them being utter twats and just being awful on the whole), and I think it looks quite good on the curriculum...crime and punishment, human rights, etc.

Tom

13 Jan 2015, 4:26 pm #1,523
(13 Jan 2015, 4:20 pm)MarcTheA4 We're an academy, so we don't follow the national curriculum.

Likewise, we have to pick our options before February 13th. 
I have an idea about what I am picking - Business, Geography, German and possibly Computer Science too.

I quite like ICT. We normally do stuff like Spreadsheets, Scratch and Audacity. I like most of them. 

And I'm sure you have to do Ethics/RE? - We'll have it as a form so there will be some disruption Big Grin
It is normally quite funny though as you said. The teacher we have at present as not control over the class so normally sends them to about four different classes. It would look decent on your record, I agree, but I find it very boring. 
Tom
13 Jan 2015, 4:26 pm #1,523

(13 Jan 2015, 4:20 pm)MarcTheA4 We're an academy, so we don't follow the national curriculum.

Likewise, we have to pick our options before February 13th. 
I have an idea about what I am picking - Business, Geography, German and possibly Computer Science too.

I quite like ICT. We normally do stuff like Spreadsheets, Scratch and Audacity. I like most of them. 

And I'm sure you have to do Ethics/RE? - We'll have it as a form so there will be some disruption Big Grin
It is normally quite funny though as you said. The teacher we have at present as not control over the class so normally sends them to about four different classes. It would look decent on your record, I agree, but I find it very boring. 

13 Jan 2015, 4:26 pm #1,524
(13 Jan 2015, 4:26 pm)Tom Likewise, we have to pick our options before February 13th. 

At my school you can pick it as an option as well.

So we'd have 1 core RE, and 2 option. Smile
R852 PRG
13 Jan 2015, 4:26 pm #1,524

(13 Jan 2015, 4:26 pm)Tom Likewise, we have to pick our options before February 13th. 

At my school you can pick it as an option as well.

Tom

13 Jan 2015, 4:29 pm #1,525
(13 Jan 2015, 4:26 pm)MarcTheA4 At my school you can pick it as an option as well.

We probably do, but I wouldn't bother.

What are you planning on choosing?
Are you doing the English Baccalaureate pathway?
Tom
13 Jan 2015, 4:29 pm #1,525

(13 Jan 2015, 4:26 pm)MarcTheA4 At my school you can pick it as an option as well.

We probably do, but I wouldn't bother.

13 Jan 2015, 4:30 pm #1,526
(13 Jan 2015, 4:29 pm)Tom We probably do, but I wouldn't bother.

Yep, think I'm going to head that way. English is my best subject, so I may see if they do Eng. Literature/Language too. Smile

Not sure, can't decide!
R852 PRG
13 Jan 2015, 4:30 pm #1,526

(13 Jan 2015, 4:29 pm)Tom We probably do, but I wouldn't bother.

Yep, think I'm going to head that way. English is my best subject, so I may see if they do Eng. Literature/Language too. Smile

Not sure, can't decide!

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

13 Jan 2015, 4:30 pm #1,527
Despite being a christian, I hated RE at school, we had to do it at GCSE, although I never got entered for the exam, I made a mockery of my mock RE GCSE...

I Wrote my name, the date and in block capitals 'I AM FISH' loads of times
MrFozz
13 Jan 2015, 4:30 pm #1,527

Despite being a christian, I hated RE at school, we had to do it at GCSE, although I never got entered for the exam, I made a mockery of my mock RE GCSE...

I Wrote my name, the date and in block capitals 'I AM FISH' loads of times

Tom

13 Jan 2015, 4:35 pm #1,528
(13 Jan 2015, 4:30 pm)MarcTheA4 Yep, think I'm going to head that way. English is my best subject, so I may see if they do Eng. Literature/Language too. Smile

Not sure, can't decide!

English Baccalaureate is nothing to do with English Big Grin
It is just where you have to do a language and a humanities on top of the core subjects. And then you get two or three other options.
I think Business will be important. As for the other one I really don't know. 
Tom
13 Jan 2015, 4:35 pm #1,528

(13 Jan 2015, 4:30 pm)MarcTheA4 Yep, think I'm going to head that way. English is my best subject, so I may see if they do Eng. Literature/Language too. Smile

Not sure, can't decide!

English Baccalaureate is nothing to do with English Big Grin
It is just where you have to do a language and a humanities on top of the core subjects. And then you get two or three other options.

13 Jan 2015, 4:36 pm #1,529
(13 Jan 2015, 4:35 pm)Tom English Baccalaureate is nothing to do with English Big Grin

Yeah I was just kidding! Wink
In that case everyone will be doing one. You need a Humanity and a Language - the school couldn't force it down you any further!

I'm picking Business. Big Grin
R852 PRG
13 Jan 2015, 4:36 pm #1,529

(13 Jan 2015, 4:35 pm)Tom English Baccalaureate is nothing to do with English Big Grin

Yeah I was just kidding! Wink
In that case everyone will be doing one. You need a Humanity and a Language - the school couldn't force it down you any further!

Tom

13 Jan 2015, 4:38 pm #1,530
(13 Jan 2015, 4:36 pm)MarcTheA4 Yeah I was just kidding! Wink

Haha I didn't realise. 

Yeah Business is one of my favourite lessons at the minute anyway. Geography is good too with the teacher I have now.

What language are you picking? I'm guessing you are picking History rather than Geography though.
Tom
13 Jan 2015, 4:38 pm #1,530

(13 Jan 2015, 4:36 pm)MarcTheA4 Yeah I was just kidding! Wink

Haha I didn't realise. 

Yeah Business is one of my favourite lessons at the minute anyway. Geography is good too with the teacher I have now.

What language are you picking? I'm guessing you are picking History rather than Geography though.

13 Jan 2015, 4:39 pm #1,531
(13 Jan 2015, 4:38 pm)Tom Haha I didn't realise. 

Yep. History. Maybe Geography too, I'll be doing Spanish.
R852 PRG
13 Jan 2015, 4:39 pm #1,531

(13 Jan 2015, 4:38 pm)Tom Haha I didn't realise. 

Yep. History. Maybe Geography too, I'll be doing Spanish.

Tom

13 Jan 2015, 4:40 pm #1,532
(13 Jan 2015, 4:39 pm)MarcTheA4 Yep. History. Maybe Geography too, I'll be doing Spanish.

Geography is good in my opinion. I was going to take Travel and Tourism until I realised it was a vocational subject. 

We can't do Spanish, but German is easier than French. That's why I am picking it. 
Tom
13 Jan 2015, 4:40 pm #1,532

(13 Jan 2015, 4:39 pm)MarcTheA4 Yep. History. Maybe Geography too, I'll be doing Spanish.

Geography is good in my opinion. I was going to take Travel and Tourism until I realised it was a vocational subject. 

We can't do Spanish, but German is easier than French. That's why I am picking it. 

Michael

13 Jan 2015, 4:43 pm #1,533
(13 Jan 2015, 4:40 pm)Tom Geography is good in my opinion. I was going to take Travel and Tourism until I realised it was a vocational subject. 

I remember when i had to choose my subjects... glad i left in 2007 though! 

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
13 Jan 2015, 4:43 pm #1,533

(13 Jan 2015, 4:40 pm)Tom Geography is good in my opinion. I was going to take Travel and Tourism until I realised it was a vocational subject. 

I remember when i had to choose my subjects... glad i left in 2007 though! 

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

13 Jan 2015, 4:44 pm #1,534
Some of the guys here weren't even a dirty thought in there daddys minds when I left school
MrFozz
13 Jan 2015, 4:44 pm #1,534

Some of the guys here weren't even a dirty thought in there daddys minds when I left school

13 Jan 2015, 4:45 pm #1,535

Yeah German is easier. French is shit. Don't know why they even make you learn it!! What's it based upon? The fact that the Queen is fluent in it?! German is the way forward, and Spanish has got to be more popular than French! Spanish is the most popular language in my school.
R852 PRG
13 Jan 2015, 4:45 pm #1,535

Yeah German is easier. French is shit. Don't know why they even make you learn it!! What's it based upon? The fact that the Queen is fluent in it?! German is the way forward, and Spanish has got to be more popular than French! Spanish is the most popular language in my school.

LeeCalder

13 Jan 2015, 4:48 pm #1,536
The driver that has no uniform what so ever and just belts around the place without stopping for passengers on the 23
LeeCalder
13 Jan 2015, 4:48 pm #1,536

The driver that has no uniform what so ever and just belts around the place without stopping for passengers on the 23

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

13 Jan 2015, 4:48 pm #1,537
(13 Jan 2015, 4:45 pm)MarcTheA4 Yeah German is easier. French is shit. Don't know why they even make you learn it!! What's it based upon? The fact that the Queen is fluent in it?! German is the way forward, and Spanish has got to be more popular than French! Spanish is the most popular language in my school.
What languages is taught these days, is it plain old french, spanish and german or is others taught, I studied and did 1 year German, when I went to a private I also did 3 years learning Latin...which i dont see the point of, it is a dead language, unless your the pope or an rc priest nee fucker speaks it
MrFozz
13 Jan 2015, 4:48 pm #1,537

(13 Jan 2015, 4:45 pm)MarcTheA4 Yeah German is easier. French is shit. Don't know why they even make you learn it!! What's it based upon? The fact that the Queen is fluent in it?! German is the way forward, and Spanish has got to be more popular than French! Spanish is the most popular language in my school.
What languages is taught these days, is it plain old french, spanish and german or is others taught, I studied and did 1 year German, when I went to a private I also did 3 years learning Latin...which i dont see the point of, it is a dead language, unless your the pope or an rc priest nee fucker speaks it

Michael

13 Jan 2015, 4:51 pm #1,538
(13 Jan 2015, 4:48 pm)MrFozz What languages is taught these days, is it plain old french, spanish and german or is others taught, I studied and did 1 year German, when I went to a private I also did 3 years learning Latin...which i dont see the point of, it is a dead language, unless your the pope or an rc priest nee fucker speaks it

Ye, Just French, Spanish and German.... -.- 

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
13 Jan 2015, 4:51 pm #1,538

(13 Jan 2015, 4:48 pm)MrFozz What languages is taught these days, is it plain old french, spanish and german or is others taught, I studied and did 1 year German, when I went to a private I also did 3 years learning Latin...which i dont see the point of, it is a dead language, unless your the pope or an rc priest nee fucker speaks it

Ye, Just French, Spanish and German.... -.- 

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

13 Jan 2015, 4:56 pm #1,539

We had a lad joined in February Year 7 - and he came up from Bradford Grammar School (private - couldn't afford it anymore. Part of me wants to put lol and I can't bring myself to it!). He learnt French, German, Spanish, Greek, Latin, Russian and Mandarin.

We do French, German and Spanish.

At the North Lodge site, in Year 7 you get two hours a week. Each term it flips so Term 1 they get French then Term 2 they get German, and so on. In Year 8 they get 4 hours - 2 hours of French and 2 hours in German. Doesn't change at all throughout the year.

At the Church Chare site, you get 4 hours of languages in Year 9. 2 hours of Spanish, which you start. And 2 hours of French...Sad

For GCSE, you have to pick one language out of French, German and Spanish - and get 2 hours of it. You can pick two if you're good at languages.

At A-Level, you can pick a language out of the three providing you do well in them at GCSE! Smile
R852 PRG
13 Jan 2015, 4:56 pm #1,539

We had a lad joined in February Year 7 - and he came up from Bradford Grammar School (private - couldn't afford it anymore. Part of me wants to put lol and I can't bring myself to it!). He learnt French, German, Spanish, Greek, Latin, Russian and Mandarin.

At the North Lodge site, in Year 7 you get two hours a week. Each term it flips so Term 1 they get French then Term 2 they get German, and so on. In Year 8 they get 4 hours - 2 hours of French and 2 hours in German. Doesn't change at all throughout the year.

At the Church Chare site, you get 4 hours of languages in Year 9. 2 hours of Spanish, which you start. And 2 hours of French...Sad

For GCSE, you have to pick one language out of French, German and Spanish - and get 2 hours of it. You can pick two if you're good at languages.

At A-Level, you can pick a language out of the three providing you do well in them at GCSE! Smile

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

13 Jan 2015, 5:19 pm #1,540
(13 Jan 2015, 4:56 pm)MarcTheA4 We had a lad joined in February Year 7 - and he came up from Bradford Grammar School (private - couldn't afford it anymore. Part of me wants to put lol and I can't bring myself to it!). He learnt French, German, Spanish, Greek, Latin, Russian and Mandarin.

Thats a lot of languages...Dont wanna come across as racist, but coming from Bradford, I am surprised languages like Arabic, Hindi and Urdu are not taught...

I have heard of schools in the past offering oriental languages as extras in the past...

If there is one language I like it is Russian, sounds quite aggressive and it is great listening to Russian accented English Big Grin
MrFozz
13 Jan 2015, 5:19 pm #1,540

(13 Jan 2015, 4:56 pm)MarcTheA4 We had a lad joined in February Year 7 - and he came up from Bradford Grammar School (private - couldn't afford it anymore. Part of me wants to put lol and I can't bring myself to it!). He learnt French, German, Spanish, Greek, Latin, Russian and Mandarin.

Thats a lot of languages...Dont wanna come across as racist, but coming from Bradford, I am surprised languages like Arabic, Hindi and Urdu are not taught...

I have heard of schools in the past offering oriental languages as extras in the past...

If there is one language I like it is Russian, sounds quite aggressive and it is great listening to Russian accented English Big Grin

Pages (135) Previous 176 77 78135 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average