Menu

North East Buses The Canteen General off-topic chat What's annoying you today? V2

What's annoying you today? V2

What's annoying you today? V2

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (135) Previous 1103 104 105135 Next
Andreos1

06 Feb 2015, 8:07 pm #2,061
(06 Feb 2015, 8:06 pm)MrFozz Where???

Avenue Vivian
Wasn't thinking down those line, but it probably would actually...

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
06 Feb 2015, 8:07 pm #2,061

(06 Feb 2015, 8:06 pm)MrFozz Where???

Avenue Vivian
Wasn't thinking down those line, but it probably would actually...

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

07 Feb 2015, 4:49 pm #2,062
(06 Feb 2015, 7:56 pm)Malarkey Nee luck at all, never going in the grainger market again.
You could make it your new home Adam

GRAINGER MALARKET
MrFozz
07 Feb 2015, 4:49 pm #2,062

(06 Feb 2015, 7:56 pm)Malarkey Nee luck at all, never going in the grainger market again.
You could make it your new home Adam

GRAINGER MALARKET

07 Feb 2015, 5:00 pm #2,063
The chav on the 21 who sat at the front upstairs with his legs pressed up against the glass all the way from Gateshead to Chester.

He was on the phone from Birtley to Chester trying to get directions from someone as to where to get off. He eventually worked out where he was, and as we got to the bottom, it just so happened we both got up at the same time to go downstairs.

I walked down to the stairs and he paused. I signalled for him to go first, and then he didn't seem to know what I was saying to him. He looked at me with a puzzled expression before saying to the person on the phone (loudly too, so the whole bus could hear) - 'holy shit there's some twat staring at iz and asking iz if I wont him to wank iz off hew'...

Undecided
R852 PRG
07 Feb 2015, 5:00 pm #2,063

The chav on the 21 who sat at the front upstairs with his legs pressed up against the glass all the way from Gateshead to Chester.

He was on the phone from Birtley to Chester trying to get directions from someone as to where to get off. He eventually worked out where he was, and as we got to the bottom, it just so happened we both got up at the same time to go downstairs.

I walked down to the stairs and he paused. I signalled for him to go first, and then he didn't seem to know what I was saying to him. He looked at me with a puzzled expression before saying to the person on the phone (loudly too, so the whole bus could hear) - 'holy shit there's some twat staring at iz and asking iz if I wont him to wank iz off hew'...

Undecided

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

07 Feb 2015, 5:06 pm #2,064
(07 Feb 2015, 5:00 pm)MarcTheA4 The chav on the 21 who sat at the front upstairs with his legs pressed up against the glass all the way from Gateshead to Chester.

Undecided
And did you want to give him a quick wank...

Am kidding mate, some people are just idiots Big Grin
MrFozz
07 Feb 2015, 5:06 pm #2,064

(07 Feb 2015, 5:00 pm)MarcTheA4 The chav on the 21 who sat at the front upstairs with his legs pressed up against the glass all the way from Gateshead to Chester.

Undecided
And did you want to give him a quick wank...

Am kidding mate, some people are just idiots Big Grin

07 Feb 2015, 5:11 pm #2,065
More shite of the druggie wankers today, all off them having a go at me because I'm taking a photo of an Omnicity.

Why can't people leave me alone, I'm sick to death of them.

The respite workers have pissed me off again:
Scheduled: 9:15 until 13:15
Revised at 10:00: 10:15 until 13:15
Actual: 10:58 until 14:02

The revised session was sent to my mam, whilst on the bus into Ashington. As the session started almost 45 minutes later than the revised times, I requested that the session was extended to 14:00. As they did not want that to happen, I refused to leave Central Station upon their request to make up for the time that was wasted by waiting for the so called "9:15 to 13:15" session.

Ain't going out with them again.
omnicity4659
07 Feb 2015, 5:11 pm #2,065

More shite of the druggie wankers today, all off them having a go at me because I'm taking a photo of an Omnicity.

The revised session was sent to my mam, whilst on the bus into Ashington. As the session started almost 45 minutes later than the revised times, I requested that the session was extended to 14:00. As they did not want that to happen, I refused to leave Central Station upon their request to make up for the time that was wasted by waiting for the so called "9:15 to 13:15" session.

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

07 Feb 2015, 5:21 pm #2,066
(07 Feb 2015, 5:11 pm)Tommy_1581 More shite of the druggie wankers today, all off them having a go at me because I'm taking a photo of an Omnicity.

Maybes go somewhere your not known, sounds to me like these people see you as an easy and/or soft target, and will mug you off every opportunity they get...It is not nice, not fair and ultimately it is bullying...

Do you feel threatened and/or intimidated by these people, if so goto the Police and report it, the very basic of human rights is a sense of safety, I can give you an idea of what to do, but only you can put it into action...

Hope shit works out for you pal
MrFozz
07 Feb 2015, 5:21 pm #2,066

(07 Feb 2015, 5:11 pm)Tommy_1581 More shite of the druggie wankers today, all off them having a go at me because I'm taking a photo of an Omnicity.

Maybes go somewhere your not known, sounds to me like these people see you as an easy and/or soft target, and will mug you off every opportunity they get...It is not nice, not fair and ultimately it is bullying...

Do you feel threatened and/or intimidated by these people, if so goto the Police and report it, the very basic of human rights is a sense of safety, I can give you an idea of what to do, but only you can put it into action...

Jimmi

08 Feb 2015, 3:04 pm #2,067
My activity feed on the Flickr Central app is completely ****ed as you'll never believe who hit favourite on 33 photos yesterday Angry

So now if I don't see the notifications or view the main Flickr site I will not notice if anyone comments or favourites any photo I've uploaded this week. Just had a comment on a photo and had I not been viewing Flickr on my laptop I would be completely unaware that the comment had been made because all I can see on the app is that one person has hit favourite on a selection of photos I've uploaded in the last month or so.

I'm not mentioning their name but I'm sure you will all know who has done this... again!
Jimmi
08 Feb 2015, 3:04 pm #2,067

My activity feed on the Flickr Central app is completely ****ed as you'll never believe who hit favourite on 33 photos yesterday Angry

So now if I don't see the notifications or view the main Flickr site I will not notice if anyone comments or favourites any photo I've uploaded this week. Just had a comment on a photo and had I not been viewing Flickr on my laptop I would be completely unaware that the comment had been made because all I can see on the app is that one person has hit favourite on a selection of photos I've uploaded in the last month or so.

I'm not mentioning their name but I'm sure you will all know who has done this... again!

Adrian

08 Feb 2015, 3:12 pm #2,068
(06 Feb 2015, 7:53 pm)Dan Dread to think what else he could get stuck in..............?  Dodgy

Some of the stunners he used to work with, he'd hope!

If you do manage to get in the grainger market again (without getting stuck), then try that "mmm..." and "glug..." shop. Well worth a try if you like something different!

(07 Feb 2015, 5:21 pm)MrFozz Maybes go somewhere your not known, sounds to me like these people see you as an easy and/or soft target, and will mug you off every opportunity they get...It is not nice, not fair and ultimately it is bullying...

I've said it before, but younger enthusiasts should perhaps try and head out with others of the same age. You're less likely to get any grief in a small group. 

I've had grief when I'm out and about, but I'm big enough and old enough to stand up to pratts like that. If I was 10-15 years younger, then I'd not half feel intimidated. 

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
08 Feb 2015, 3:12 pm #2,068

(06 Feb 2015, 7:53 pm)Dan Dread to think what else he could get stuck in..............?  Dodgy

Some of the stunners he used to work with, he'd hope!

If you do manage to get in the grainger market again (without getting stuck), then try that "mmm..." and "glug..." shop. Well worth a try if you like something different!

(07 Feb 2015, 5:21 pm)MrFozz Maybes go somewhere your not known, sounds to me like these people see you as an easy and/or soft target, and will mug you off every opportunity they get...It is not nice, not fair and ultimately it is bullying...

I've said it before, but younger enthusiasts should perhaps try and head out with others of the same age. You're less likely to get any grief in a small group. 

I've had grief when I'm out and about, but I'm big enough and old enough to stand up to pratts like that. If I was 10-15 years younger, then I'd not half feel intimidated. 

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook

08 Feb 2015, 4:58 pm #2,069
(08 Feb 2015, 3:04 pm)Jimmi My activity feed on the Flickr Central app is completely ****ed as you'll never believe who hit favourite on 33 photos yesterday Angry

Either DTPs or RTBS? 

If you click on their account, click "Favourites" and then look at how many photos are in that folder.

I think these two need to learn common sense, there's some brilliant photos being liked by people who can't tell the difference between a B5LH and a B9TL.
omnicity4659
08 Feb 2015, 4:58 pm #2,069

(08 Feb 2015, 3:04 pm)Jimmi My activity feed on the Flickr Central app is completely ****ed as you'll never believe who hit favourite on 33 photos yesterday Angry

Either DTPs or RTBS? 

If you click on their account, click "Favourites" and then look at how many photos are in that folder.

I think these two need to learn common sense, there's some brilliant photos being liked by people who can't tell the difference between a B5LH and a B9TL.

Jimmi

08 Feb 2015, 5:06 pm #2,070
(08 Feb 2015, 4:58 pm)Tommy_1581 Either DTPs or RTBS? 

RTBS

It annoys me as I've had comments on some of my photos this afternoon and I they are either right at the bottom or I can't see them at all on the Flickr Central app.

If anyone think it is bad that I get annoyed about this one person taking an "interest" in my Photostream think about the rest of the people who view/follow my Flickr who's actions on my photos I'm failing to spot because someone feels the need to favourite a large amount of photos in one go, I had 60 odd one day and I missed a few things because of this including uploads from other followers which is incredibly unfair on the rest of the people I'm following.
Jimmi
08 Feb 2015, 5:06 pm #2,070

(08 Feb 2015, 4:58 pm)Tommy_1581 Either DTPs or RTBS? 

RTBS

It annoys me as I've had comments on some of my photos this afternoon and I they are either right at the bottom or I can't see them at all on the Flickr Central app.

If anyone think it is bad that I get annoyed about this one person taking an "interest" in my Photostream think about the rest of the people who view/follow my Flickr who's actions on my photos I'm failing to spot because someone feels the need to favourite a large amount of photos in one go, I had 60 odd one day and I missed a few things because of this including uploads from other followers which is incredibly unfair on the rest of the people I'm following.

Malarkey

08 Feb 2015, 6:06 pm #2,071
(08 Feb 2015, 3:12 pm)aureolin Some of the stunners he used to work with, he'd hope!

Got it spot on there aureolin, definitely wouldnt mind getting stuck into a few of them, well just Sarah and Amanda wasnt keen on any of the other lasses there, seems quite odd thats its been exactly a year this upcoming week since I started working at 0800 Repair.
Malarkey
08 Feb 2015, 6:06 pm #2,071

(08 Feb 2015, 3:12 pm)aureolin Some of the stunners he used to work with, he'd hope!

Got it spot on there aureolin, definitely wouldnt mind getting stuck into a few of them, well just Sarah and Amanda wasnt keen on any of the other lasses there, seems quite odd thats its been exactly a year this upcoming week since I started working at 0800 Repair.

08 Feb 2015, 6:12 pm #2,072
(08 Feb 2015, 5:06 pm)Jimmi RTBS

When I uploaded 9 photos a couple of Sunday's ago of the diversion at CLS, I got 13 in one go at 02:00 on the Monday morning...guess who!

He's a pain, I don't even think he knows what he's looking at!!
R852 PRG
08 Feb 2015, 6:12 pm #2,072

(08 Feb 2015, 5:06 pm)Jimmi RTBS

When I uploaded 9 photos a couple of Sunday's ago of the diversion at CLS, I got 13 in one go at 02:00 on the Monday morning...guess who!

Jimmi

08 Feb 2015, 6:24 pm #2,073
(08 Feb 2015, 6:12 pm)MarcTheA4 When I uploaded 9 photos a couple of Sunday's ago of the diversion at CLS, I got 13 in one go at 02:00 on the Monday morning...guess who!

The thing that really annoys me is that the rest of my followers suffer as a result of this.

Before I downloaded the Flickr Central app to my phone I was viewing the site like you would on a laptop and because Flickr has a large amount of photos and things moving about it would often crash and I couldn't see what is going on with what anyone else had uploaded so I would often have to go on my laptop just to see what was going on.

I turn my phone off at night because I don't want to be woken up by notifications for Flickr or stuff like Tapatalk notifications. I can kind of understand why some people favourite photos on Flickr at 2am as some people may work evenings and then you may even have activity from people in different counties where it may be 2am in the UK but in another county it could be lunchtime. I tend not to favourite or comment after around 11pm.

If you think 13 is bad I've had 60 odd, maybe more at once.
Jimmi
08 Feb 2015, 6:24 pm #2,073

(08 Feb 2015, 6:12 pm)MarcTheA4 When I uploaded 9 photos a couple of Sunday's ago of the diversion at CLS, I got 13 in one go at 02:00 on the Monday morning...guess who!

The thing that really annoys me is that the rest of my followers suffer as a result of this.

Before I downloaded the Flickr Central app to my phone I was viewing the site like you would on a laptop and because Flickr has a large amount of photos and things moving about it would often crash and I couldn't see what is going on with what anyone else had uploaded so I would often have to go on my laptop just to see what was going on.

I turn my phone off at night because I don't want to be woken up by notifications for Flickr or stuff like Tapatalk notifications. I can kind of understand why some people favourite photos on Flickr at 2am as some people may work evenings and then you may even have activity from people in different counties where it may be 2am in the UK but in another county it could be lunchtime. I tend not to favourite or comment after around 11pm.

08 Feb 2015, 6:28 pm #2,074
(08 Feb 2015, 6:24 pm)Jimmi The thing that really annoys me is that the rest of my followers suffer as a result of this.

Another thing that REALLY irritates me about some of these people, is the fact that their photos are terrible yet they still get dozens more faves than some people, some of which their photos are unfaultable!

UK Transport Videos 82...uploads a photo of a swan in Chester-le-Street Riverside Park and it gets like 50+ faves?!...

It makes you wonder why, doesn't it? They follow thousands of people, and for what?? A few favourites??  Dodgy
R852 PRG
08 Feb 2015, 6:28 pm #2,074

(08 Feb 2015, 6:24 pm)Jimmi The thing that really annoys me is that the rest of my followers suffer as a result of this.

Another thing that REALLY irritates me about some of these people, is the fact that their photos are terrible yet they still get dozens more faves than some people, some of which their photos are unfaultable!

UK Transport Videos 82...uploads a photo of a swan in Chester-le-Street Riverside Park and it gets like 50+ faves?!...

It makes you wonder why, doesn't it? They follow thousands of people, and for what?? A few favourites??  Dodgy

Malarkey

08 Feb 2015, 6:33 pm #2,075
(08 Feb 2015, 6:28 pm)MarcTheA4 Another thing that REALLY irritates me about some of these people, is the fact that their photos are terrible yet they still get dozens more faves than some people, some of which their photos are unfaultable!

It makes you wonder why, doesn't it? They follow thousands of people, and for what?? A few favourites??
  Dodgy
The fact he is following 5,940 people is just mental, no wonder he is getting all these Views/Faves, same with Davie and a few others.
Malarkey
08 Feb 2015, 6:33 pm #2,075

(08 Feb 2015, 6:28 pm)MarcTheA4 Another thing that REALLY irritates me about some of these people, is the fact that their photos are terrible yet they still get dozens more faves than some people, some of which their photos are unfaultable!

It makes you wonder why, doesn't it? They follow thousands of people, and for what?? A few favourites??
  Dodgy
The fact he is following 5,940 people is just mental, no wonder he is getting all these Views/Faves, same with Davie and a few others.

08 Feb 2015, 6:34 pm #2,076
(08 Feb 2015, 6:33 pm)Malarkey The fact he is following 5,940 people is just mental, no wonder he is getting all these Views/Faves, same with Davie and a few others.

I'm only following like 75! And I've got 50 following back IIRC.
R852 PRG
08 Feb 2015, 6:34 pm #2,076

(08 Feb 2015, 6:33 pm)Malarkey The fact he is following 5,940 people is just mental, no wonder he is getting all these Views/Faves, same with Davie and a few others.

I'm only following like 75! And I've got 50 following back IIRC.

Jimmi

08 Feb 2015, 6:40 pm #2,077

That gets on my wick as well, I work very hard on getting my photos and will get a fair few favourites on many of my photos then you look at someone else's photostream where at times they will have a photo of the same bus in the same place on the same day but they've taken a crap quality photo on a camera phone and get 70 favourites and I get around 10 at most usually.

Well it's clear what I have to do, ditch my Sony camera and use my Windows Phone, follow every bus spotter on Flickr to get them views/favourites up! Just kidding I couldn't live with myself if I uploaded terrible mobile shots, I don't like some of the photos I've uploaded (only a small amount).

I know this post my sound like I'm up my own arse by talking about my Photostream.
Jimmi
08 Feb 2015, 6:40 pm #2,077

That gets on my wick as well, I work very hard on getting my photos and will get a fair few favourites on many of my photos then you look at someone else's photostream where at times they will have a photo of the same bus in the same place on the same day but they've taken a crap quality photo on a camera phone and get 70 favourites and I get around 10 at most usually.

Well it's clear what I have to do, ditch my Sony camera and use my Windows Phone, follow every bus spotter on Flickr to get them views/favourites up! Just kidding I couldn't live with myself if I uploaded terrible mobile shots, I don't like some of the photos I've uploaded (only a small amount).

I know this post my sound like I'm up my own arse by talking about my Photostream.

08 Feb 2015, 6:42 pm #2,078
(08 Feb 2015, 6:40 pm)Jimmi That gets on my wick as well, I work very hard on getting my photos and will get a fair few favourites on many of my photos then you look at someone else's photostream where at times they will have a photo of the same bus in the same place on the same day but they've taken a crap quality photo on a camera phone and get 70 favourites and I get around 10 at most usually.

Or a little £10 phone from Tesco! Wink

You're absolutely right, I don't think you're being up your own arse at all, Jimmi! We're all thinking it and you're just saying it! Big Grin

I must admit most of my photos are rather bad, but I can put that towards being a beginner, an use that as an excuse. I've just checked my camera and I've only taken 99 photos with it in total! I need to get out more...Tongue
R852 PRG
08 Feb 2015, 6:42 pm #2,078

(08 Feb 2015, 6:40 pm)Jimmi That gets on my wick as well, I work very hard on getting my photos and will get a fair few favourites on many of my photos then you look at someone else's photostream where at times they will have a photo of the same bus in the same place on the same day but they've taken a crap quality photo on a camera phone and get 70 favourites and I get around 10 at most usually.

Or a little £10 phone from Tesco! Wink

You're absolutely right, I don't think you're being up your own arse at all, Jimmi! We're all thinking it and you're just saying it! Big Grin

I must admit most of my photos are rather bad, but I can put that towards being a beginner, an use that as an excuse. I've just checked my camera and I've only taken 99 photos with it in total! I need to get out more...Tongue

Jimmi

08 Feb 2015, 6:45 pm #2,079

I will be honest I went on a bit of a follower spree this afternoon but the people I started following this afternoon I have started to follow because I like there photos and that's all (although I would like it if some started following back).

I am now following 93 people (up 10 since the start of this afternoon) and 81 follow me.
Jimmi
08 Feb 2015, 6:45 pm #2,079

I will be honest I went on a bit of a follower spree this afternoon but the people I started following this afternoon I have started to follow because I like there photos and that's all (although I would like it if some started following back).

I am now following 93 people (up 10 since the start of this afternoon) and 81 follow me.

Andreos1

08 Feb 2015, 6:46 pm #2,080
Genuine question, don't shoot me down.

Does it matter that people don't always favourite a photo?
I appreciate some people go to great lengths to get a photo, upload it and it may be nice to get the buzz when someone likes it. Would you prefer everyone liked it, or just those who appreciate a good photo and the effort you have gone to take it?

Andreos1
08 Feb 2015, 6:46 pm #2,080

Genuine question, don't shoot me down.

Does it matter that people don't always favourite a photo?
I appreciate some people go to great lengths to get a photo, upload it and it may be nice to get the buzz when someone likes it. Would you prefer everyone liked it, or just those who appreciate a good photo and the effort you have gone to take it?

Pages (135) Previous 1103 104 105135 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average